Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 13 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #181
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Oh and Mest, the only way these forums would be less stupid is if you left.
Are you sure about that? Because since you've been gone(whatever happened to that btw), I've been right, and it has been a slightly less stupid place. Why'd you have to fuck that up, man?


Quote:
You seem to think that being antagonistic is clever. (When it is really much closer to the opposite of that)
Hmm, no. I think being antagonistic is funny. It just helps to be clever while antagonizing. Which you clearly aren't.


Quote:
Because of this, you are actually less intelligent than Kael
I think I've admitted this myself actually. I'm also less intelligent the Num, Act, Shrike, Mibs and pretty much anyone else with a colored name. That doesn't change the fact that I'm leagues beyond your dumb ass.

Quote:
(something I didn't think possible)
Because you're an idiot. See what happens when you think?

You're now not only the biggest retard here, you're also the most pathetic. Don't you know when you rage quit, you're supposed to, you know, quit?
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-20-2012)


Old 01-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #182
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I do so enjoy it when they come back and post an entire "one last word even though I quit" post that boils down to the intellectual equivalent of "Nu-uh!"
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-18-2012), Axiom (01-18-2012), Human Rasengan (01-19-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Mal (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-18-2012), Numinous (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 05:56 PM   #183
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,725
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME AW, MAN UP AND FUCK OFF LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.caps
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012), Numinous (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #184
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
YOU CAN'T HIDE FROM ME AW, MAN UP AND FUCK OFF LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD.caps
What?! Is my assertion that he's still sneaking around right? If that's so, what a pussy.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Mal (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #185
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I'm having difficulty even remembering what we were talking about, but I seem to recall you trying to force on us your opinion that logically and reasonably disputing someone's core belief is an attack on their character.
Not really, you all were trying to tell me my opinion was invalid through stating your own.
You all brought your opinions up in contention to mine, not the reverse.
In other words, it was you who were enforcing your opinions on me.


Quote:
What I don't remember is where the difference between fact and opinion came into the discussion. I'm going to assume it never did because I am certain I would remember something like that, given the bullshit I imagine you would say. Probably something along the lines of "if I believe hard enough and base my life around that belief, then my idea that Jews aren't people will become fact." As for you not being able to be wrong, you are correct in the very narrow way you chose to word your statement. You cannot be wrong about what you believe, but what you believe can be wrong.
No, my point all along, was that you all state your opinions like they are facts. Whereas I state mine as though it's an opinion. You can't disprove an opinion with an opinion, only with a fact. That is why you can not prove an opinion wrong without proving it impossible. When you talk about right and wrong (in the logical sense), you are talking about something that basically exists completely outside the realm of anything I was ever even discussing.



Quote:
The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Your problem is that you have really stupid ideas, and we merely tried to help you realize that.

Discussions are for pussies. If you can't defend your beliefs in debate, then accept that there is no logical reason to hold them.
The only problem here is the fact that you all refuse to approach a non-debate discussion with a non-debate oriented approach. Debates are for meatheads who don't like to mull on things. It's a way for people to feel important about themselves and smart. After all the whole point of a debate isn't the truth at all, it's just winning. I like to think about and consider all possibilities and what they entail since you can not come up with new and interesting concepts without stepping outside the standard thought process.

Being ethically right and wrong is something I care about, I find the other right and wrong to be the most insignificant concept on the face of the planet. Since it is only an illusion anyway. Once you determine that someone is "right" with a debate, then you file it away under "resolved" even though no conclusion was ever actually reached, as there is still more to know about the subject, whatever it is.

A debate is just the common man's way to "figure something out" so they no longer have to think about it. It's the lowest form of intellectual discussion, and if you insist on doing it then do it with someone who actually wants to. A discussion that is not a debate is the only good way to pass along information since you don't have to fight people to get your message across. At that point it is up to them whether or not they choose to accept what you have to say.


My whole little philosophy wasn't created so that I could never be wrong. It has nothing to do with me always being right. Right and wrong (at least in the way that you guys are using it) doesn't even exist for me because of my philosophy. Or at least that's the point of it anyway. I adopted it to stop myself from attacking other people and calling them wrong, as I personally think that is the worst thing you can do to anyone. No and wrong are the worst words in the english language, as what they most often do is cause people to stop trying to live an individual lifestyle, rather than inspire them to overcome adversity, as you all have kidded yourselves into believing you are doing. Creativity and diversity are the only things that will insure the survival of our race through all the crap that the universe will eventually throw at us, and you guys' philosophy is all about stamping those things out.


You all can call me a hypocrite for posting again, Idgias. I try very hard to maintain a positive and neutral demeanor because I am a very big grudge holding motherfucker. If I don't completely ignore what you all relish more than life itself I end up pissed off 24/7 which is no way to live. But either way I do what I have to do to end it in a way that's acceptable to me, and the way it was before was not satisfactory.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
matta (01-23-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 07:32 PM   #186
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,955
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

damnit how do I keep missing all the good shit
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:55 PM   #187
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Not really, you all were trying to tell me my opinion was invalid through stating your own.
You all brought your opinions up in contention to mine, not the reverse.
In other words, it was you who were enforcing your opinions on me.
Nothing of a kind has happened in this thread. What has transpired here is people have presented reasonable arguments against your unsubstantiated hogwash, then provided proper evidence to reinforce their claims, that indeed what you are faffing on about is unsubstantiated hogwash.

Quote:
No, my point all along, was that you all state your opinions like they are facts. Whereas I state mine as though it's an opinion. You can't disprove an opinion with an opinion, only with a fact. That is why you can not prove an opinion wrong without proving it impossible. When you talk about right and wrong (in the logical sense), you are talking about something that basically exists completely outside the realm of anything I was ever even discussing.
You have said all this before, and continue to add nothing of value to your argument. Did you really come back here just to copy and paste crap you have already said in just about every other one of your posts?

It's interesting however that you keep using this untouchable opinion/unobtainable truth spiel of yours, when yourself said:
Quote:
The only way an opinion can possibly be wrong is if it goes against absolute truth, otherwise the simple fact that is an opinion makes it impossible to be wrong.
This is you using an absolute truth to try and solidify your opinion.

Quote:
The only problem here is the fact that you all refuse to approach a non-debate discussion with a non-debate oriented approach.
You do realize your "non-debate" is taking placing in a sub-section of the debate board right?

Quote:
Debates are for meatheads who don't like to mull on things. It's a way for people to feel important about themselves and smart.
Is this an opinion or an absolute truth?

I am much more willing to entertain the validity of a well thought out and properly reasoned claim, from someone who put in the time and effort to research and construct an argument of substance. Over the nonsensical ramblings of some guy who simply "mulled" things over for five minutes in his head.

Quote:
After all the whole point of a debate isn't the truth at all, it's just winning.
Again, extending from my previous point. Debates for individuals to whom are actually willing to spend the time research the finer points of their position. So they can precede to present a reasonable argument for it.

Quote:
Being ethically right and wrong is something I care about, I find the other right and wrong to be the most insignificant concept on the face of the planet. Since it is only an illusion anyway.
It's actually the exacty opposite of insignificant. If I claim that clouds are made of lettuce. Do you honestly consider it worth while to explore that as an actual possibility? I think not.

Quote:
Once you determine that someone is "right" with a debate, then you file it away under "resolved" even though no conclusion was ever actually reached, as there is still more to know about the subject, whatever it is.
If there is more to know on a subject matter, then there is still room for debate. That's not the case for you, becuase you just keep coming back regurgitating the same old lame -to quote Act- "Metaphysical crap".

Quote:
A debate is just the common man's way to "figure something out" so they no longer have to think about it. It's the lowest form of intellectual discussion,
Wow..... The level of nonsense in that is.... Just wow.

Quote:
A discussion that is not a debate is the only good way to pass along information since you don't have to fight people to get your message across. At that point it is up to them whether or not they choose to accept what you have to say.
You should, unequivocally, have to "fight to get your message across". That's what proves you, at the very least, have applied proper thought to it to begin with. Why should anyone accept your view on a subject when you have proven to have no knowledge of it, and no intention on researching it further.

If some guy trys to rewrite the laws of physics by claiming that the erath is held together by spegetti noodles. He better be prepared to argue that position with more then, "it is becuase I beleive it is"


Quote:
My whole little philosophy wasn't created so that I could never be wrong. It has nothing to do with me always being right.
That's exactly what your philoshophy does. "I am stating my opinions. Opinions cannot be proven wrong, without an absolute truth. Absoluted trutsh do not exist. Ergo, I can never be proven wrong."

You like that kid on the play ground, who makes up rules for the game on the fly, to which only benefit him. Then when one of his rules bites him in the ass, he changes it to suit him better.


Quote:
You all can call me a hypocrite for posting again
You're a hypocrite.

Last edited by Axiom; 01-18-2012 at 07:57 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Mal (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012), Numinous (01-18-2012), xxMESTxx (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 08:15 PM   #188
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Oh boy, he sure keeps his promises, doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Not really, you all were trying to tell me my opinion was invalid through stating your own.
And? Opinions that are logically sound beat opinions based on baloney every time, is this some kind of news for you? Because this was established at the dawn of civilization, or else there wouldn't be civilization to begin with.

Quote:
You all brought your opinions up in contention to mine, not the reverse. In other words, it was you who were enforcing your opinions on me.
Let me clarify Mal's words since you clearly didn't get them: you were enforcing on us your opinion not to refute us in any way, but rather to save face. So you're right in the aspect you weren't contending anyone's opinion, but that's because you were way too busy defending the disgrace of an opinion you had (and still have) to even bother with ours.

And what you call "enforcing your opinions", I call "slapping the stupid out of you".

Quote:
No, my point all along, was that you all state your opinions like they are facts. Whereas I state mine as though it's an opinion. You can't disprove an opinion with an opinion, only with a fact. That is why you can not prove an opinion wrong without proving it impossible.
With enough mental gymnastics, anybody can assert that nothing can be impossible, only highly improbable, but what's the fucking point of that? Are we supposed to stop thinking and say "but there's always the chance..." and call it a day? NO!

Humanity cannot reach absolute knowledge as of now. We are imperfect beings that can only use subjective terms, so if you go by definition, everything is an opinion, even facts, since we already witnessed the evolution of facts throughout human history. But if mankind wants to obtain absolute knowledge or at least something very, very close to it, focus is vital, and logic/science provide such focus.

Tracing back to opinions and acknowledging the intrinsically subjective nature of them, opinions do not have the same strength, because their foundations are not the same. If you base your opinions on propositions that are within the focus of knowledge, naturally they'll be stronger than opinions based on propositions that were already left outside of it. That's why opinions can be right and wrong and your philosophy is full of shit.

Quote:
When you talk about right and wrong (in the logical sense), you are talking about something that basically exists completely outside the realm of anything I was ever even discussing.
That's because you're a giant pussy, no surprises there.

Quote:
The only problem here is the fact that you all refuse to approach a non-debate discussion with a non-debate oriented approach. Debates are for meatheads who don't like to mull on things. It's a way for people to feel important about themselves and smart. After all the whole point of a debate isn't the truth at all, it's just winning.
Quote:
A debate is just the common man's way to "figure something out" so they no longer have to think about it. It's the lowest form of intellectual discussion, and if you insist on doing it then do it with someone who actually wants to. A discussion that is not a debate is the only good way to pass along information since you don't have to fight people to get your message across. At that point it is up to them whether or not they choose to accept what you have to say.
The same happens with discussions, you moron, because you still keep using the god-awful colloquial term of debate when everybody else is using the academic. Keep up with the program or gtfo!

Quote:
I like to think about and consider all possibilities and what they entail since you can not come up with new and interesting concepts without stepping outside the standard thought process.
What a pitiful bag of lies. Originality indeed is dependent on how much you know, because the odds of finding some intellectual territory unexplored is higher that way BUT you can have new, interesting concepts entirely based on logic.

Besides, what "new, interesting concepts" can come from Flat Earth Theory? Or creationism? Or fairy farts conducting planes instead of aerodynamics? I'd be more than happy to hear them.

Quote:
Being ethically right and wrong is something I care about, I find the other right and wrong to be the most insignificant concept on the face of the planet. Since it is only an illusion anyway. Once you determine that someone is "right" with a debate, then you file it away under "resolved" even though no conclusion was ever actually reached, as there is still more to know about the subject, whatever it is.
Wow, you're stupid. You think that when the "file" is archived, we just throw the keys out to never open it again? Of course not, if suddenly God materializes for the whole world to see, I'm not going to be a moron and say "there's no such thing as a God!". No, I'll just open the archive, pull the file "I don't believe in God", switch it with "I believe in God" and send the former to the shredder.

That's what you should be doing, shredding files that not even baby Krishna cares about instead of hoarding them in pure fear of ever being wrong. It's okay to filter your information, that's what open-mindedness is all about: acknowledging, then processing, then having the information at hand in case it needs to be updated.

Quote:
My whole little philosophy wasn't created so that I could never be wrong. It has nothing to do with me always being right. Right and wrong (at least in the way that you guys are using it) doesn't even exist for me because of my philosophy.
Surprise levels: -3. Of course right or wrong don't exist in your philosophy, because that'd entail the possibility of being wrong, something you're too much of a pussy to own up your mistakes.

Quote:
Or at least that's the point of it anyway. I adopted it to stop myself from attacking other people and calling them wrong, as I personally think that is the worst thing you can do to anyone. No and wrong are the worst words in the english language, as what they most often do is cause people to stop trying to live an individual lifestyle, rather than inspire them to overcome adversity, as you all have kidded yourselves into believing you are doing.
Shut up with the hippie stuff, you maniac. No and Wrong are as good as tools as Yes and Right, because you cannot have one without the other. You can't be positive without the concept of negativism. You can't be an individual without the concept of a group. You are the one kidding yourself, pretending that if you don't care about the bad stuff it'll suddenly go away. No, there's only satiety with famine, there's only love with hatred, there's only peace with war, the moment one stops existing, the other stops making sense. No, wrong, famine, war, hatred are things we don't like, but that's how reality is and we have to live with it.

So come down from your Woodstock pedestal and open your eyes.

Quote:
Creativity and diversity are the only things that will insure the survival of our race through all the crap that the universe will eventually throw at us, and you guys' philosophy is all about stamping those things out.
Yeah, that's why I have a fiction of my own, most guys you're arguing with have too, all with distinct, different themes. You really should measure your words before saying stupid things.

Also, resources and sex is what insures the survival of a species, now the growth of it is indeed insured by creativity, diversity AND LOGIC.

Quote:
You all can call me a hypocrite for posting again, Idgias.
What's idgias? Even google couldn't solve that shit.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012), xxMESTxx (01-18-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 09:26 PM   #189
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Not really, you all were trying to tell me my opinion was invalid through stating your own.
You all brought your opinions up in contention to mine, not the reverse.
In other words, it was you who were enforcing your opinions on me.


No, my point all along, was that you all state your opinions like they are facts. Whereas I state mine as though it's an opinion. You can't disprove an opinion with an opinion, only with a fact. That is why you can not prove an opinion wrong without proving it impossible. When you talk about right and wrong (in the logical sense), you are talking about something that basically exists completely outside the realm of anything I was ever even discussing.




The only problem here is the fact that you all refuse to approach a non-debate discussion with a non-debate oriented approach. Debates are for meatheads who don't like to mull on things. It's a way for people to feel important about themselves and smart. After all the whole point of a debate isn't the truth at all, it's just winning. I like to think about and consider all possibilities and what they entail since you can not come up with new and interesting concepts without stepping outside the standard thought process.

Being ethically right and wrong is something I care about, I find the other right and wrong to be the most insignificant concept on the face of the planet. Since it is only an illusion anyway. Once you determine that someone is "right" with a debate, then you file it away under "resolved" even though no conclusion was ever actually reached, as there is still more to know about the subject, whatever it is.

A debate is just the common man's way to "figure something out" so they no longer have to think about it. It's the lowest form of intellectual discussion, and if you insist on doing it then do it with someone who actually wants to. A discussion that is not a debate is the only good way to pass along information since you don't have to fight people to get your message across. At that point it is up to them whether or not they choose to accept what you have to say.


My whole little philosophy wasn't created so that I could never be wrong. It has nothing to do with me always being right. Right and wrong (at least in the way that you guys are using it) doesn't even exist for me because of my philosophy. Or at least that's the point of it anyway. I adopted it to stop myself from attacking other people and calling them wrong, as I personally think that is the worst thing you can do to anyone. No and wrong are the worst words in the english language, as what they most often do is cause people to stop trying to live an individual lifestyle, rather than inspire them to overcome adversity, as you all have kidded yourselves into believing you are doing. Creativity and diversity are the only things that will insure the survival of our race through all the crap that the universe will eventually throw at us, and you guys' philosophy is all about stamping those things out.


You all can call me a hypocrite for posting again, Idgias. I try very hard to maintain a positive and neutral demeanor because I am a very big grudge holding motherfucker. If I don't completely ignore what you all relish more than life itself I end up pissed off 24/7 which is no way to live. But either way I do what I have to do to end it in a way that's acceptable to me, and the way it was before was not satisfactory.
I know you are, but what am I?
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-18-2012), kael03 (01-18-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012), Numinous (01-19-2012)
Old 01-18-2012, 10:08 PM   #190
Axiom
[something clever]
 
Axiom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 74
Thanks: 487
Thanked 824 Times in 305 Posts
Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

inb4 the I'm rubber you're glue defense.

Last edited by Axiom; 01-18-2012 at 11:42 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-19-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 04:25 AM   #191
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,955
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post

Being ethically right and wrong is something I care about, I find the other right and wrong to be the most insignificant concept on the face of the planet. Since it is only an illusion anyway. Once you determine that someone is "right" with a debate, then you file it away under "resolved" even though no conclusion was ever actually reached, as there is still more to know about the subject, whatever it is.
Quote:
true you wanted to have a discussion on the matter which involves taking into consideration things that are logical and make sense as well as those that don't . you wanted to chew the fat so to speak on the matter and instead everyone went straight for the bone
A debate is just the common man's way to "figure something out" so they no longer have to think about it. It's the lowest form of intellectual discussion, and if you insist on doing it then do it with someone who actually wants to. A discussion that is not a debate is the only good way to pass along information since you don't have to fight people to get your message across. At that point it is up to them whether or not they choose to accept what you have to say.
Quote:
Sounds like a civil thing to do

My whole little philosophy wasn't created so that I could never be wrong. It has nothing to do with me always being right. Right and wrong (at least in the way that you guys are using it) doesn't even exist for me because of my philosophy. Or at least that's the point of it anyway. I adopted it to stop myself from attacking other people and calling them wrong, as I personally think that is the worst thing you can do to anyone. No and wrong are the worst words in the english language, as what they most often do is cause people to stop trying to live an individual lifestyle, rather than inspire them to overcome adversity, as you all have kidded yourselves into believing you are doing.
Quote:
You're not going ot get that on here .. not an idealized type of conversation anyway pondering possibilities and thinking in a metaphysical manner is basically against the club rules.. since most of that deals with things that can obviously be either proven of dis-proven and if it could be dis-proven to a certain degree then right file that under checked and move on
Creativity and diversity are the only things that will insure the survival of our race through all the crap that the universe will eventually throw at us, and you guys' philosophy is all about stamping those things out.

Quote:
Not necessarily .. you need both sides of the coin .. you need their side of over analytically aggressive computing to file through bullshit that can be deemed useless and on the other side you need idealists and "freethinkers" dreamer types to take what has been sifted through and improve and grow upon whats already there
You all can call me a hypocrite for posting again, Idgias. I try very hard to maintain a positive and neutral demeanor because I am a very big grudge holding motherfucker. If I don't completely ignore what you all relish more than life itself I end up pissed off 24/7 which is no way to live. But either way I do what I have to do to end it in a way that's acceptable to me, and the way it was before was not satisfactory.
YOu have a hippie type philosophy it seems this sums up your argument I think http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SipVy...eature=related
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Human Rasengan For This Useful Post:
almightywood (01-24-2012)
Old 01-19-2012, 11:59 PM   #192
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
Nothing of a kind has happened in this thread. What has transpired here is people have presented reasonable arguments against your unsubstantiated hogwash, then provided proper evidence to reinforce their claims, that indeed what you are faffing on about is unsubstantiated hogwash.
I don't know what thread you have been reading, but I was asked to explain my viewpoint and I did. Explaining a personal viewpoint never requires outside documentation. And someone else producing outside documentation (even though it's from the internet and everything on the internet is suspect) doesn't change anything whatsoever about my viewpoint. So unsupported hogwash is a term that isn't even applicable to the point of this discussion.
Quote:
You do realize your "non-debate" is taking placing in a sub-section of the debate board right?
Funny how people keep bringing up this very insignificant point that i have invalidated several times.
These subforums are the only forums on this entire site that have rules that state "no debates here"
Quote:
I am much more willing to entertain the validity of a well thought out and properly reasoned claim, from someone who put in the time and effort to research and construct an argument of substance. Over the nonsensical ramblings of some guy who simply "mulled" things over for five minutes in his head.
I have come up with my philosophy over the last 25 years, not in five minutes unlike EVERY ONE of the responses to it. I never lay things out completely for anyone ever. (except the disable people that I take care of, they have a good excuse to need it) It's the same concept as giving a man a fish, or teaching him to fish. I put out the gist of it, and let interested parties work more out from there on their own. There's a reason there are so many tales with morals to them: Anything you learn because someone just told it to you ends up getting thrown by the wayside, but the things you figure out on your own stick with you.

I was and never will be trying to convince anyone of anything I have ever stated. I was merely stating what I believe, if you thought I was trying to convince you of it, well that just shows that you don't grasp what I am saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
And? Opinions that are logically sound beat opinions based on baloney every time, is this some kind of news for you? Because this was established at the dawn of civilization, or else there wouldn't be civilization to begin with.
Derderder no opinion ever beats another opinion ever.


Quote:
The same happens with discussions, you moron, because you still keep using the god-awful colloquial term of debate when everybody else is using the academic. Keep up with the program or gtfo!
Once again, this is my thread, this DISCUSSION is about my words, my definitions are the ONLY ones that apply. Why don't you get with the program? Your lack of ability to comprehend words other than in your own words is why you are the biggest piece of shit on these forums. And (since you can't read) I didn't use the word discussion, I used the phrase "a discussion that is not a debate" and no, that never happens in a discussion that is not a debate, because at that point it would be a debate.

Quote:
What a pitiful bag of lies. Originality indeed is dependent on how much you know, because the odds of finding some intellectual territory unexplored is higher that way BUT you can have new, interesting concepts entirely based on logic.
I didn't say shit about originality, I said diversity. Diversity is much more likely to exist with the less you know. If everyone knows the same shit, how fucking diverse could you be. Either way I never said anything was dependent upon the extent of your knowledge, so what the fuck are you even talking about you incapable of grasping an idea know-it-all?

Quote:
Besides, what "new, interesting concepts" can come from Flat Earth Theory? Or creationism? Or fairy farts conducting planes instead of aerodynamics? I'd be more than happy to hear them.
I have no idea, you brought them up, therefore you are making a positive claim and I will ask you to produce documentation to support them, or admit you are wrong.

Quote:
Wow, you're stupid. You think that when the "file" is archived, we just throw the keys out to never open it again? Of course not, if suddenly God materializes for the whole world to see, I'm not going to be a moron and say "there's no such thing as a God!". No, I'll just open the archive, pull the file "I don't believe in God", switch it with "I believe in God" and send the former to the shredder.
Who gives a fuck if you throw the keys out? it's archived and is therefore not readily accessible, you fucking dumbshit! You won't reconsider it when related topics come up, only the topic itself. One day, when you get out into the real world instead of the twisted inane version of reality that exists in these forums, you may begin to grasp that you don't know everything, until then, don't bother talking to me again until you are ready to admit you are an idiot. Because you will have nothing worthwhile to say until then.

Quote:
That's what you should be doing, shredding files that not even baby Krishna cares about instead of hoarding them in pure fear of ever being wrong. It's okay to filter your information, that's what open-mindedness is all about: acknowledging, then processing, then having the information at hand in case it needs to be updated.
Quote:
Surprise levels: -3. Of course right or wrong don't exist in your philosophy, because that'd entail the possibility of being wrong, something you're too much of a pussy to own up your mistakes.
Everytime I have ever been wrong on this forum I have admitted it. Something that has happened only rarely. Everytime you all have claimed I was wrong without actually addressing what I was saying, I told you to shove it.

Quote:
Shut up with the hippie stuff, you maniac. No and Wrong are as good as tools as Yes and Right, because you cannot have one without the other. You can't be positive without the concept of negativism. You can't be an individual without the concept of a group. You are the one kidding yourself, pretending that if you don't care about the bad stuff it'll suddenly go away. No, there's only satiety with famine, there's only love with hatred, there's only peace with war, the moment one stops existing, the other stops making sense. No, wrong, famine, war, hatred are things we don't like, but that's how reality is and we have to live with it.
No and wrong have the POTENTIAL to be good tools, but their overuse makes them purely bad, much like hdl cholesterol.

Quote:
What's idgias? Even google couldn't solve that shit.
Why the fuck should I bother even telling you?
You would just come up with your own definition for it and ignore it anyway.

Last edited by almightywood; 01-20-2012 at 03:57 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (01-24-2012), matta (01-23-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 12:50 AM   #193
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,697
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I thought you took your ball and went home? Why are you still trying to drive this argument (and it is an argument from the moment you started this bullshit thread)?

Btw, one opinion can defeat another, if the first opinion is sound logically and has actual backing to it. Therefore, our "opinions" beat the living fuck out of yours.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-20-2012), Miburo (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 02:45 AM   #194
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Almightywood, you mad?

Yeah, you mad. What happened, did the real world reject you too?

At this point, you're like the retarded little engine that could.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 03:47 AM   #195
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
I thought you took your ball and went home? Why are you still trying to drive this argument (and it is an argument from the moment you started this bullshit thread)?

Btw, one opinion can defeat another, if the first opinion is sound logically and has actual backing to it. Therefore, our "opinions" beat the living fuck out of yours.
What a load of shit that is.
An opinion never beats another opinion, only facts do, and the only facts that can disprove it are ones that make it impossible.

You ever heard the expression there's more than one way to skin a cat?

You could make the statement that you think that blah is the best car ever and list stats to make it seem so, and anyone who is like-minded will ogle the stats and whole-heartedly agree. What makes it the best in your opinion could be anything from top speed to the quality of the interior.

Someone else may think another car is the best simply because of it's looks.

Just because you have access to a fucking catalog about your car, and the other person doesn't, doesn't in any way make the other person's opinion about the best car wrong, it only makes it different for both of you, and you a bit too obsessive.

So quit trying to tell me this lame-ass bs about an opinion disproving an opinion. It's impossible.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (01-24-2012), matta (01-23-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.