Games and all things related - Page 160 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-20-2012, 08:30 AM   #2386
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough
Re: Games and all things related

lol I hardly had to fire a gun in MW3 too, it really felt like a movie xD.

I hope more games bring that type of mode, like having 2 games. Withough being cheap though.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #2387
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

COD on Veteran can be "difficult" in the sense that NPCs are hyper accurate and you die in two shots, though I don't really consider that a true increase in difficulty. I played through the MW2 and MW3 campaigns on Veteran while getting all the Intel, and if I missed a piece I'd go back on Recruit and just walk through the level all lololololololololololololololololol at the NPCs missing me at point blank and taking approximately 30 shots to die.

That said, the COD campaign is highly cinematic and I think InfinityWard and Treyarch both focus on the story experience rather than the gaming experience, which I am fine with because COD is a highly multiplayer-focused game and the campaign is meant to be more entertaining than challenging.

Last edited by Mal; 01-20-2012 at 08:41 AM.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:12 PM   #2388
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

CoD is geared to provide maximum reward for minimum effort. This is true of both campaign and multiplayer.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 01:58 PM   #2389
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I simply dislike most games that come out nowadays. Mostly because, as already said, the difficulty and because they were made too simple.

I completely agree with Jax, but I think that Manta is also correct to a degree. Difficulty of, for example, RE 1 was because of the specific gameplay which limited the player. When you have advanced graphics, it mostly let's you do much more then before so that you can feel that the game has advanced. Which is absolutely unnecessary because there are many people dying to even try RE 1.5 which was never released.

But that probably wouldn't sell as much as RE5 no matter how much better the old system was. Probably because there are tons of games coming out now, and kids are too impatient to play games with moderate difficulty, let alone hard games.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
manta (01-20-2012), That1CheezyGuy (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #2390
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Related: 5 Crucial Lessons Learned by Watching Kids Play Video Games
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Shrike (01-20-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #2391
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

True, with most cases, but still, for me, there is no game that came out in the last 5 years that can surpass some old games from the 2000th. No, sir. And my kids aren't going to be as dumb. If they don't want to read, get the fuck out on the street and take a ball with you. Games are about story as much as gameplay, for me. If you don't want to read shit and just shoot and waste time, gtfo of the house.

Edit: Did anyone play a game in the last two years that has left a real impression of awesomeness and eternity in your memory? Because I sure can't find any. The Witcher was fun, but the only games that will remain burned in my memory for the last whoknowshowmanyyears are MGS3 and RE Remake and Zero. Which are all 2004 games.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-20-2012 at 08:06 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-20-2012), Miburo (01-22-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #2392
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

< Deadly Premonition. Red Dead Redemption. Maybe Fallout: New Vegas.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-22-2012), Shrike (01-21-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 08:24 PM   #2393
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

Nope... maybe Red Dead Redemption but I don't have the will to finish it right now. Just something about playing 90% of the time shooting animals and feds, and the other to pass one mission.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #2394
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

I would have to say Red Dead Redemption as well.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2012, 10:27 PM   #2395
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Still need to play Red Dead Redemption... should be pretty cheap by now.

But not really. I mean, I enjoyed games, even ones that weren't very hard (you mentioned story, the Assassin's Creed fit in the good story, easy pie game that pays you off with your character automatically killing people in cool ways because you hit X... or whatever). But if we're going to go for ground breaking games... I'm way off in the OoT, the Civilizations series, Fable.

Mass Effect is probably the best story vs difficulty game I can think of. Although, in shooters, I think I've played Bioshock more. And yeah, it really kinda ends with them. The most fun I really ever had with games have been playing with people in the same room (Doctor Mario/Tetris, Mariokart, SSBros, Goldeneye, BG: DA 1&2, The Lego series... I should get Portal 2) and those games are in serious decline. I just can't get into the idea of talking on headsets when you can elbow the person beside you.

Of course, if I were to pick, the height of games was Tetris because that game never gets old, you always lose and as addictive as shit. Well, to me anyway... great soundtrack, too.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Axiom (01-21-2012), manta (01-21-2012), Miburo (01-22-2012), Shrike (01-21-2012)
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #2396
Mal
Scotch

Portal, and to a lesser extent Portal 2. If we extend it back a few years you can add BioShock and Indigo Prophesy to the list.

And info on BioShock Infinite's 1999 mode.

Last edited by Mal; 01-20-2012 at 11:31 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 01:02 AM   #2397
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
Edit: Did anyone play a game in the last two years that has left a real impression of awesomeness and eternity in your memory? Because I sure can't find any. The Witcher was fun, but the only games that will remain burned in my memory for the last whoknowshowmanyyears are MGS3 and RE Remake and Zero. Which are all 2004 games.
Skyrim, Fallout 3/New Vegas, Mass Effect 1/2

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 06:16 AM   #2398
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Never played Red Dead Redemption, so I can't judge, but Mass Effect? It's an excellent game, but I always end up comparing it to the best RPGs out there, and, well, Mass Effect falls short on Baldur's Gate II. And again, it's a good game, but will never leave a mark for me. It's just sort that feeling : "That was a great game man." And then forget it in a few days.

And Fallout III I can't even take seriously because Fallout II was such an amazing game. Far from it being a bad game, just can't compare to the original. Like playing RE5 after RE1,2,3

Will try out Red Dead Redemption when I have the time. Unfortunately I am a little short on that one. I don't get it how you guys manage to play all those games :/ When you discuss here, most of the games you mention, I have never even heard about.

Oh and Mal, never played Portal, but from what I've heard, it's really a great game.

Last edited by Shrike; 01-21-2012 at 06:19 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-22-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 08:03 AM   #2399
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Oh yeah, Portal is great.

I haven't played Baldur's Gate II, stuck to the Dark Alliances, so maybe I should try and find it, but Mass Effect had a very good story and excellent game play with your two companions once you got the hang of managing them. I also loved the idea of decisions in one game affecting the next... unfortunately, in practice it was not as good as reality as ME2 could be done pretty much exactly the same regardless of what you did. Needed more variability - still, a good first step to improve the idea of sequels.

I loved Fallout III/New Vegas, it's utter size and amount of hours you can log. I have to think if I made the effort to design a character that didn't just shoot at things from as far off as possible, I'd get more out of it. But beyond size, I dunno if it was anything ground breaking. Fun, but I don't know I'd pick it up again (which is a good sign of a great game).

Also, yet to really play the Elder Scrolls universe... that could add new ones to the list. They sound like my kind of game.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-22-2012)
Old 01-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #2400
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quit Dark Alliance and go BGII Shadows of Amn + expansion Throne of Bhaal.

No one here played Fallout II? Goddamn people : (
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Miburo (01-22-2012)