Games and all things related - Page 165 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 01-30-2012, 03:49 PM   #2461
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Doesn't bother me, since the other rumour is the 720 is going to be using a 6670, which is a low-end card from last year.

Don't think I'll be buying a console next generation, nope.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (01-30-2012)

Old 01-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #2462
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Maybe Shadow of the Colossus just set the bar too high against the Stygian. The 10th Colossus is definitely a much better fight.

Silitha was really, really weird. The first time I tried, she had essentially limitless health and refused to give me the opening to finish her even after two beatings from Chaos Mode, and I got killed. The second time, she was using her attack which let me kill her within a minute. What the hell?
Old 01-30-2012, 03:55 PM   #2463
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Silitha is weird, I think I got her first time but it was a hard fight then turned suddenly easy. The last fight you'll love though, prepare.

As for the 720, pffffft. If it uses that graphics card then bollocks to that. I'll be upgrading my PC this year anyway, won't really need a console, Dynasty Warriors 7 is coming to PC too so I'm set. At most I'll get a portable one for when I'm on the road, but like James said, I'll be giving the next gen a miss until quite later on in their life cycle depending on the exclusives.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:54 PM   #2464
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I had already been planning to not buy a console this generation, this news just ensures I won't.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:55 PM   #2465
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Well, it is just rumours... but I'll probably do what I did last time. Wait until I kill the 360 before I even think of making a decision. Until then, dirt cheap games I never played!!

And even then, the N64 works.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:26 PM   #2466
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

What are you takes on Wii U? I think Nintendo finally has something this time around. Not sure about the controller but they seem to be specifically targeting non-casual gamers.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:20 AM   #2467
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Wii U is looking like the only console I might invest in. It could go either way - it might have the best third party support of any Nintendo console since the SNES, or it might just be a total failure.

If it provides a compelling gaming experience different to what I can experience on a PC, it might be worth buying. Who knows.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 PM   #2468
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Beat Darksiders. The only major downside to the final boss fight was that he really didn't do that much damage (to be fair Abyssal Armor kinda does that).

In order of preference I'd probably order the bosses (and minibosses) as such:

1. Tiamat
2. Uriel (2nd Round, 1st round is a joke)
3. The Destroyer (not the fucking terrible one from Borderlands)
4. Those Golems in The Black Throne
5. Straga (both rounds, in some ways the first go is actually better)
6. Griever
7. Silitha
8. The Arena Master
9. Stygian
10. Shadow War
11. The Jailer
12. The Ashworm Miniboss
13. The Phantom General (can this poor bastard even be considered a boss?)

Difficulty, fun in fighting them, ingenuity to the strategy, etc. are the factors I'm mainly basing this on. The Griever was really good right until you could actually damage it, which is when it went down in 10 seconds. The Stygian was decent, but it had a lot of wasted potential. Silitha was cool in concept, but the completely random difficulty was a bit of a deal-killer. Straga may have been pitifully easy, but the concept for how to fight the fight was interesting. Uriel wasn't hard, but her attacks were varied and could undoubtedly pose a legitimate threat. Tiamat may have been brutally difficult, but everything about the fight was absolutely epic. The Guardians in Black Throne were rather easy, but, like Straga, an interesting sort to fight against. Arena Master, especially once you knock him off Ruin, is definitely the first good non-giant boss.

Dungeon-wise, this game has the unfortunate distinction of following up Skyward Sword. That being said, it still holds its own to a solid degree; Twilight Cathedral is better than either of the Fire Dungeons of SS, Iron Canopy has a really cool aesthetic to it and some good puzzles, and The Black Throne is just fucking awesome. But The Hollow was just irritating as fuck, a standard issue Water Dungeon at best, and The Ashlands didn't so much make up a dungeon as a small handful of puzzles and a fuckload of easy fights.

All in all, it's a really freaking good game that just needs some polishing, especially in the combat. Good thing the sequel already looks fucking amazing.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #2469
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

For the next gen of consoles, about time! Even though PC is superior in every aspect, there's still not much advancement on graphics, aside from BF3. Personally I think because of the limitations the console counterparts have.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:00 PM   #2470
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Well that's not going to change any time soon, given that the next Xbox is rumoured to have about half the graphical processing power my PC currently has. Sure, developers will have a definite system and be able to better tweak and optimize graphics, but there's still only so much you can do with limited power.

Edit: Going back to our discussion of game difficulty, the subject is brought up in this entertaining and insightful video.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
manta (02-02-2012)
Old 02-04-2012, 11:23 PM   #2471
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Finally got Skyrim dammit. Going to play the shit out of this game tonight.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 02-05-2012 at 01:26 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (02-05-2012), Numinous (02-05-2012)
Old 02-05-2012, 09:35 AM   #2472
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Heh. My slow progression continues. FINALLY made it to New Vegas to be double crossed. Fortunately, Boone is pretty handy with a pool cue because I failed to give him a weapon before that. But man, this game is still pretty damn glitchy. What the hell?

So... do I get to keep the presidential suite?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:02 PM   #2473
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Dawn of War. All of my love.

STRIKE FROM THE SKY, BROTHERS!
Old 02-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #2474
Spiegel
Pirate King

Saints Row Dev: Xbox 720 Used Game Ban 'Fantastic'

If this used game ban truly comes to pass then I'll be sticking with the PS4, unless they also try to pull the same shit, then its PC gaming and WiiU for me.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 02-06-2012, 09:02 PM   #2475
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

The eventual existence of a new Smash Bros game has me resigned to get Wii U regardless.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Servo (02-07-2012), That1CheezyGuy (02-06-2012)