Megaupload Shut down by FBI - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 02-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #31
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Megaupload Shut down by FBI

Yeah, they'll likely try to pass similar bullshit by wedging shit into future bills. I hope I'm just being cynical, but I dunno.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #32
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,654 Times in 1,599 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Ok question..in law school 1st thing we learn is that laws does not apply retroactively unless it benefits the defendant, so how can 7 people get arrested and charged with internet piracy as a criminal offence while piracy wasn't a crime before the activation of SOPA law?

Am quite unfamiliar with the "copyright infringement" laws in the US, but if it's already a crime then why arrest people only after SOPA? did SOPA turned the copyrights infringement from a civil crime to a criminal one? I know that am probably missing/forgetting something really simple that will clarify my questionings but i can't put my hand on it.
I'm pretty sure the only reason they arrested those 7 guys was just to make an example of somebody. There's no way in hell anybody can catch all the pirates on the internet. Not even close. All the government can do is (and has done) is catch a few high profile people and put them on a show trail. They did the same shit to Napster years ago, and probably many others.
ask me anything is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 AM   #33
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

related, anyone know what's going on with ACTA?
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #34
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

The European Union, the US and 7 other countries signed it so far. There's also the TPP(Trans-Pacific Partnership) which is I quote:

Quote:
The Trans-Pacific Partnership Agreement is a trade agreement currently being negotiated by the United States and eight other countries. Like ACTA, the TPP is being negotiated in secret, and on a fast timetable. We don’t know what’s in the TPP IP chapter, and that’s what worries us. Entertainment industry executives who are members of the Industry Trade Advisory Committee will likely get to see the agreement drafts – again – but the rest of us will be kept in the dark unless we speak up now.

manta is offline   Reply With Quote