Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 35 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #511
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Bullshit. If you "[didn't] want to discuss with [us]" you wouldn't fucking be discussing with us. You're an idiot, you do not understand probability in the least and you have no idea what it means to properly dismiss a claim; anyone who has even a shred of sense would tell you that.
Get the fuck out of here. You really need to reread this whole thread if you think I'm BSing. You're egotistical since you assume you know anything better than anyone, but especially since you don't know what the hell you are talking about. To assume that everyone (must) look at things the same way is the height of stupidity. I guarantee that the majority of changes and breakthroughs that have happened in this world occurred thanks to efforts of people who didn't pay attention to the status quo, instead of backing it up like you all do.

As it stands I have NEVER been discussing anything in this thread with any of you fucking trolls. I have merely corrected minor misinterpretations, or improper dismissals. I have never even begun to have a discussion about anything here because I haven't been able to get rid of all the idiots in the thread first. (something I have stated over and over) Once I actually find someone with a brain and a bit of privacy, I will actually begin to have my first discussion on these forums. I surely won't be having one with people that twist facts and the laws of logic as much as you all do.

Quote:
Dismissing possibilities is exactly how the world progresses. Do you think we could have gone to the moon is we had not rejected the geocentric model? Do you think we would have modern medicine if we just chose a remedy at random because we believed any cure was a possibility?
You're a fucking idiot. Probability didn't have shit to do with either of those things, so this is an entirely inapplicable statement. Seems like you might have some more interpretations to work out in your head, because you sure as fuck aren't addressing my statement with this random nonsense you posted.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 07:40 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 AM   #512
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,235
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Everybody BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything.
Wrong. I have repeatedly made assertions that I do not know how everything is, but to derive the truth, I have to act upon what I know, what evidence is before me and what I consider to be the most likely (or most probable) explanation. That is what humans do. They don't sit around thinking "anything can happen" but rather "this is most likely the way it is that there is no point waiting for something else to happen."

Take gravity, as I have already brougth up. We don't have a complete understanding of how it works. Smart humans than us figured out some mathematical calculations about it so they could do things like fire a cannon ball and hit something. They thought they knew how it was. Then Einstein comes along, revamps it with new ideas and information. Yet we still don't know everything. Shall we take your worldview and expect one day things will fall up?

Quote:
If you are actually addressing me, I excelled at math (and I mean I was leaps and bounds above the majority of kids) and still do. When I was in college I took extra math classes so I'd have some easy courses that I could breeze through.
Good for you. Did you decide to not take a math related career because there was too much probability?

Quote:
What I'm saying is that I think it is purely egotistical to try to disprove a possibility with a probability, such a thing isn't possible. If you were to operate under the premises that probability tells you were to occur, then there's nothing wrong with that. When you try and say that it absolutely is this way because everything seems to point that way, then I call BS. If you want to say it absolutely is this way, prove it absolutely couldn't be any other way.
OK, so you just want us to astrisk everything for you. Allow me.

There is no god.*

*Note: There could be a god for the reasoning behind my statement is that I have encountered zero evidence that god exists and plenty of examples from science and society that humans can coexist happily without a great creator and so feel comfortable living my life on the understanding that god does not exist. However, there could one day be evidence for god and thus the possibility that it does exist is not 0%.

Wow, you're a douche. Do you not see the problem with what you are saying? Future evidence could prove a lot of things wrong but you just can't wait for that evidence. Progress would be terrible (in science, thinking, education, technology etc). I refute that you actually act this way in life. You take care of severely ill people - do you persist with the idea thath possibly none of them are actually sick but faking it so you have a job? I mean, it isn't a high probability, but it could be possible. I saw the Truman Show - perhaps that's you!

Quote:
Proving something wrong is harder to do than just about anything else, hence why if you tell someone that they are wrong, you better be prepared to prove it. The burden of proof then falling on the person who created the conflict, and the person who claimed to have knowledge: ie. the person who said the other was wrong.
Proving many finite things wrong is easy - you provide evidence against them. No, it doesn't remove the possibility, but it shrinks it to the point we don't consider it likely and in the frame of lifespan, it makes it stupid to persist in that idea.

As for beliefs and ideas, we have repeated stated that are not free from scrutiny. We are allowed to say "we don't believe as you and believe you are wrong" and then provide our reasoning and evidence. When we do that, it is up to you to provide the basis for your believe rather than say "you can't be 100% certain I'm wrong." While we can't, we have good reasoning to be. I cannot waste my time on ideas that are highly unlikely, even if you think they are most likely. And if you are to have a discussion about your beliefs, just stating them and saying "don't tell me I'm wrong" isn't how it works. You are allowed to defend them, but if you don't, then you aren't about to be seen as correct. That you persist in this has us pushing harder to see if you'll actually come up with anything that resembles an adequate defense.

But by your own words, you don't think anything is more likely and to say otherwise would be saying someone is wrong.

Quote:
I have always maintained that the only thing that any man can ever know with certainty is that he will be with himself his whole life.
What happens if he loses his mind? Is he still with himself? You can't even know that. Oh the possibilities!
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-08-2012), xxMESTxx (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:39 AM   #513
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Wrong. I have repeatedly made assertions that I do not know how everything is, but to derive the truth, I have to act upon what I know, what evidence is before me and what I consider to be the most likely (or most probable) explanation. That is what humans do. They don't sit around thinking "anything can happen" but rather "this is most likely the way it is that there is no point waiting for something else to happen."
As far as I'm concerned telling someone they are wrong is the same thing as saying you know everything about the subject at hand. So while I may have been exaggerating/generalizing a bit with the statement, I would say that with every topic that has been broached in here there happens to be several people, if not everyone in here, who thinks they know everything there is to know about it. Basically I think you all act like you're goddamn experts, and then come with something as weak as probability for proof, which makes you all worth ignoring.

You act like the word wrong is your get into other people's heads free card. When really it is just your 'I am a disrespectful sumbitch' fluorescent t-shirt.

Quote:
Take gravity, as I have already brougth up. We don't have a complete understanding of how it works. Smart humans than us figured out some mathematical calculations about it so they could do things like fire a cannon ball and hit something. They thought they knew how it was. Then Einstein comes along, revamps it with new ideas and information. Yet we still don't know everything. Shall we take your worldview and expect one day things will fall up?
This is a skewed example. Not knowing everything there is to know on a subject is fine. To say what we do know is fine as well. To operate under the assumption that what we do know also applies to what we don't is fine as well. The problem arises when we take what we do know and say it surely applies to what we don't. This is what I have a problem with you all doing. You all are turning it around into bringing up asinine BS that has already been disproven and acting like it applies to my statements when it doesn't. Any argument that involves probability or nit-picking isn't a real argument it's a musing too. I don't act like a musing is an argument because I'm not a moron.

Let's say you had a six sided die. On five of those sides there was a red mark, and on one there is a blue mark. You have a 16.266666% chance of rolling a blue, and an 83.7333% chance of rolling a red mark. The likelihood is that you will roll a red, but you only get to roll once, so it isn't proof that you will. Not at all as a matter of fact.



Quote:
Good for you. Did you decide to not take a math related career because there was too much probability?
I have no problem with probability, I just have a problem with it being used as a tool in anything where there isn't a multitude of answers (which will all be correct) which includes any sort of discussion of history, science, most things. It's a fairly accurate tool of prediction when used in a large scale, it is never proof of anything. Actually I was going to college to be an electrical engineer, but got kicked out due to attendance reasons. They changed the attendance policy at my school from being more than 5 minutes late equaling being tardy to being more than 5 minutes late equaling being absent without any notification anywhere. My first class was lab which was a co-requisite for all my other classes so I showed up at school one day and was told I didn't go to school there anymore. I was a straight a student the previous semesters and while I was holding down a few bs this time around, it apparently didn't matter. This plus them claiming I owed them money because they had to send the student loans back while the government claimed they never got anything back pretty much prompted my vengeful side and I said 'none of you motherfuckers are getting shit', and maintained that stance until they managed to get the money through wage garnishments.



Quote:
OK, so you just want us to astrisk everything for you. Allow me.

There is no god.*

*Note: There could be a god for the reasoning behind my statement is that I have encountered zero evidence that god exists and plenty of examples from science and society that humans can coexist happily without a great creator and so feel comfortable living my life on the understanding that god does not exist. However, there could one day be evidence for god and thus the possibility that it does exist is not 0%.

Wow, you're a douche. Do you not see the problem with what you are saying? Future evidence could prove a lot of things wrong but you just can't wait for that evidence. Progress would be terrible (in science, thinking, education, technology etc). I refute that you actually act this way in life. You take care of severely ill people - do you persist with the idea thath possibly none of them are actually sick but faking it so you have a job? I mean, it isn't a high probability, but it could be possible. I saw the Truman Show - perhaps that's you!
I never claimed that I ever operated under the assumption that the least likely of possibilities was in fact the truth, this is just your asinine interpretation of what I did say. My problem is that you all eliminate all but the most likely of possibilities, and act like you are doing the smart thing. To me this is the same thing as saying "I AM INFALLIBLE!!!!" Get out of here with that stupid shit.



Quote:
Proving many finite things wrong is easy - you provide evidence against them. No, it doesn't remove the possibility, but it shrinks it to the point we don't consider it likely and in the frame of lifespan, it makes it stupid to persist in that idea.
If it doesn't remove the possibility then you would be providing supporting evidence for an opposing viewpoint, but you would not have provided any evidence against the original one.

Quote:
As for beliefs and ideas, we have repeated stated that are not free from scrutiny. We are allowed to say "we don't believe as you and believe you are wrong" and then provide our reasoning and evidence. When we do that, it is up to you to provide the basis for your believe rather than say "you can't be 100% certain I'm wrong." While we can't, we have good reasoning to be. I cannot waste my time on ideas that are highly unlikely, even if you think they are most likely. And if you are to have a discussion about your beliefs, just stating them and saying "don't tell me I'm wrong" isn't how it works. You are allowed to defend them, but if you don't, then you aren't about to be seen as correct. That you persist in this has us pushing harder to see if you'll actually come up with anything that resembles an adequate defense.
Again it's your presentation. I have no wish to discuss the correctness of anything ever, since it is all subjective unless it is an absolute truth. I have had more than my fill of those types of discussions and never wish to have another. Do you have a right to say/ask anybody anything you want? Yes. If the person has told you in no uncertain terms that they dislike your approach and therefore no answers will be forthcoming and you persist for days on end with nary a sign of the other party budging, sooner or later you really just turn into the equivalent of a creepy stalker.

Quote:
But by your own words, you don't think anything is more likely and to say otherwise would be saying someone is wrong.
No, by my own words, saying someone is wrong because something is more likely is idiotic.



Quote:
What happens if he loses his mind? Is he still with himself? You can't even know that. Oh the possibilities!
Oh he's definitely still with himself, he just doesn't realize it at that point.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 10:17 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:43 AM   #514
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I guess so.

Everybody BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything.

I never claimed to be claiming anything, In fact I claimed to not be claiming anything more than once.
I merely called everyone else morons for speaking with authority on the things they do.

Oh, this must be one of those things where you change the definition of the word because you don't want to be proven wrong about anything, ever, right?

Because it sure is stupid to say "I claimed to not be claiming anything..." It's like saying "I sung that I never sing." You're not really that stupid, are you?

Not to mention that saying "Everyone BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything" IS a claim. Unless you're going to change the definition of the word "claim" to, well, basically the same definition it always had, except it never applies to you. Because special pleading has been sort of your M.O.

Not that it really matters, since that statement is wrong no matter if you be a dishonest scumbag and consider it a claim or not. You cannot provide a single quote of anyone in this thread claiming they know everything about everything. Because no one every said such a thing. It's just a bullshit strawman that you constructed because we've really done nothing to warrant being called morons by you. Not a single goddamn thing.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 09:54 AM   #515
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Oh, this must be one of those things where you change the definition of the word because you don't want to be proven wrong about anything, ever, right?

Because it sure is stupid to say "I claimed to not be claiming anything..." It's like saying "I sung that I never sing." You're not really that stupid, are you?

Not to mention that saying "Everyone BUT me in this thread claims to know everything about everything" IS a claim. Unless you're going to change the definition of the word "claim" to, well, basically the same definition it always had, except it never applies to you. Because special pleading has been sort of your M.O.

Not that it really matters, since that statement is wrong no matter if you be a dishonest scumbag and consider it a claim or not. You cannot provide a single quote of anyone in this thread claiming they know everything about everything. Because no one every said such a thing. It's just a bullshit strawman that you constructed because we've really done nothing to warrant being called morons by you. Not a single goddamn thing.
Way to show up late to the party, I already addressed the parts of this worth addressing.
The rest of it is just nit-picking.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 10:01 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #516
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I didn't see you address anything regarding the blatantly false claim of yours stating that everyone here, except you, claimed to know everything about everything.

That is a very specific claim that is completely 100% wrong. No one claimed that. Everyone except you in here definitely didn't claim that. That claim of yours is completely 100% wrong. Yet you still won't admit it. You're proving that you're just like multiple people have already said: That you are the most close-minded person in this thread; you refuse to even entertain the possibly that you could be wrong.

Everyone you're calling morons in here would definitely admit they were wrong if the claimed something like that. We wouldn't bullshit some lame excuse like you did in your response to ACt, or avoid the issue like you did in your response to me, or say 'whatever' and then insult the person with more baseless claims like you did with kael. The very least you could do is admit that statement was false. If you had any integrity you'd apologize for calling us morons based on that blatantly false statement too. But Odin knows that asking you to act with any kind of integrity in here is asking far too much.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-08-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 10:50 AM   #517
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I didn't see you address anything regarding the blatantly false claim of yours stating that everyone here, except you, claimed to know everything about everything.

That is a very specific claim that is completely 100% wrong. No one claimed that. Everyone except you in here definitely didn't claim that. That claim of yours is completely 100% wrong. Yet you still won't admit it. You're proving that you're just like multiple people have already said: That you are the most close-minded person in this thread; you refuse to even entertain the possibly that you could be wrong.

Everyone you're calling morons in here would definitely admit they were wrong if the claimed something like that. We wouldn't bullshit some lame excuse like you did in your response to ACt, or avoid the issue like you did in your response to me, or say 'whatever' and then insult the person with more baseless claims like you did with kael. The very least you could do is admit that statement was false. If you had any integrity you'd apologize for calling us morons based on that blatantly false statement too. But Odin knows that asking you to act with any kind of integrity in here is asking far too much.
You need to learn to read a little better, I absolutely did address the statement that you posted. Not with some lame bs excuse, but an admission that it was an exaggeration/overgeneralization and quantification of what I meant by it.

If Kael ever actually came close to producing anything that he should have been able to by his claims then he wouldn't be ridiculed by me. As it stands the guy just can't even figure out where to begin in the discussion because it is so far outside of his venue (the rest of you almost begin to come close to working your way into the start of it, but not him).

I am not the one that claimed you all were morons. I pointed out that by the man I was quoting's statement, he was claiming you all were when compared to me, though he thought he was claiming the opposite.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 10:54 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:06 AM   #518
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
You need to learn to read a little better, I absolutely did address the statement that you posted. Not with some lame bs excuse, but an admission that it was an exaggeration/overgeneralization and quantification of what I meant by it.
Except it wasn't 'a bit of an exaggeration/generalization.' It was flat out wrong. Why can't you just admit you were wrong about something?


Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I am not the one that claimed you all were morons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I merely called everyone else morons...
In before more backpedaling bullshit because you being wrong about anything just isn't possible.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 11:24 AM   #519
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Except it wasn't 'a bit of an exaggeration/generalization.' It was flat out wrong. Why can't you just admit you were wrong about something?
If I was wrong I would admit it, but since I only exaggerated/overgeneralized, no such thing occurred. The use of the term every is by definition an exaggeration/overgeneralization if it isn't completely accurate, so no it wasn't "flat out wrong". I know you would love me to admit being wrong on some of the shit that I never was wrong about, but to act like I've never admitted a mistake is ridiculous, what the hell do you think I just did?






Quote:
In before more backpedaling bullshit because you being wrong about anything just isn't possible.
Way to almost make a point by addressing sentence fragments. Very convincing.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:19 PM   #520
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
If I was wrong I would admit it, but since I only exaggerated/overgeneralized, no such thing occurred. The use of the term every is by definition an exaggeration/overgeneralization if it isn't completely accurate, so no it wasn't "flat out wrong". I know you would love me to admit being wrong on some of the shit that I never was wrong about, but to act like I've never admitted a mistake is ridiculous, what the hell do you think I just did?
So exaggerations and/or generalizations can't also be wrong? Oh wait, of course they can. Besides, it doesn't matter if you didn't literally mean everyone when it applied to no one. Not a single person made the claim you claimed everyone made.

But, hey, thanks for once again proving that you are, ironically enough, adamant in being close-minded by refusing to entertain the possibly that you could be wrong about anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Way to almost make a point by addressing sentence fragments. Very convincing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I merely called everyone else morons for speaking with authority on the things they do.
Way to try to bullshit your way out of being blatantly wrong and dishonest, once again. I quoted what was relevant and, as anyone with the reading comprehension greater than that of a 3rd grader can see, the meaning doesn't change when viewing the entire sentence. You still are stating that you called everyone else morons. The reason is irrelevant. You were wrong. Again. Man up for once.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 12:29 PM   #521
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
So exaggerations and/or generalizations can't also be wrong? Oh wait, of course they can. Besides, it doesn't matter if you didn't literally mean everyone when it applied to no one. Not a single person made the claim you claimed everyone made.

But, hey, thanks for once again proving that you are, ironically enough, adamant in being close-minded by refusing to entertain the possibly that you could be wrong about anything.
Whatever, I said what I meant by them, your close-minded disregard of my intentions is assuredly not proof of the reverse being true.





Quote:
Way to try to bullshit your way out of being blatantly wrong and dishonest, once again. I quoted what was relevant and, as anyone with the reading comprehension greater than that of a 3rd grader can see, the meaning doesn't change when viewing the entire sentence. You still are stating that you called everyone else morons. The reason is irrelevant. You were wrong. Again. Man up for once.
The hell it doesn't you are just nit-picking, making it seem like I implied I know all and you all don't know jack. When in reality I called you idiots for impying that you do know it all, and I stated that we all know only jack. Taking it out of context only further exaggerated the misconception. What you are attempting to indicate here is just fun with words. Taking bits and pieces of what I say and presenting them in a skewed manner so that you can later come back with the original and proclaim triumph.

Uh-uh, not happening. If you really want to proclaim triumph quit pulling these stupid little tricks to drag me into your realm of conversation. Bite the bullet, man up, and come stepping into mine.
Ya can't beat me if you won't even play the same game as me.
Actually you know what, don't even bother, I know you couldn't resist bringing ulterior motives, just go find something you comprehend to entertain you.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-08-2012 at 01:53 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 02:20 PM   #522
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,235
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,595 Times in 4,838 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Uh-uh, not happening. If you really want to proclaim triumph quit pulling these stupid little tricks to drag me into your realm of conversation. Bite the bullet, man up, and come stepping into mine.
Ya can't beat me if you won't even play the same game as me.
Actually you know what, don't even bother, I know you couldn't resist bringing ulterior motives, just go find something you comprehend to entertain you.
Your game is stupid. You literally claim no one knows anything which means I could give any argument in the world and you'd say "no one knows anything so you can't be correct." It's like your own personal veto stamp to anything anywhere.

Well, I don't accept that or acknowledge it. Even a discussion on truth is pointless because you set up parameters that don't even allow for the truth to exist. At least, not in the knowable sense. We can't beat you because you've already beaten yourself, for by your own standards, you don't know anything and damned if anyone is going to tell you otherwise.

You don't even know when you're wrong. So take it for people who do no something: you're wrong. It's not as scary as you think.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-08-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-08-2012), xxMESTxx (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 02:31 PM   #523
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Am I the only one that has almightywood on their ignore list?
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), Miburo (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #524
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Whatever, I said what I meant by them, your close-minded disregard of my intentions is assuredly not proof of the reverse being true.

The statement was false. You refuse to admit it. You refuse to acknowledge you are wrong. That's the point I'm making. You've demonstrated again and again that you won't admit to being wrong about anything. You refuse to even entertain the possibility that you could be wrong and that we could actually be the ones being rational and logical here.




Quote:
The hell it doesn't you are just nit-picking, making it seem like I implied I know all and you all don't know jack. When in reality I called you idiots for impying that you do know it all, and I stated that we all know only jack. Taking it out of context only further exaggerated the misconception. What you are attempting to indicate here is just fun with words. Taking bits and pieces of what I say and presenting them in a skewed manner so that you can later come back with the original and proclaim triumph.
You said you were not the one who claimed we were all morons. I produced a quote where you said you called us all morons. Nothing else matters in regards to you being the one calling us morons. That's what I was talking about. You busting out this red herring shit doesn't address that at all, and is yet another example of you failing to even entertain the possibility that you could be wrong even when presented with undeniable evidence demonstrating you are indeed wrong.

Quote:
Uh-uh, not happening. If you really want to proclaim triumph quit pulling these stupid little tricks to drag me into your realm of conversation. Bite the bullet, man up, and come stepping into mine.
Ya can't beat me if you won't even play the same game as me.
Actually you know what, don't even bother, I know you couldn't resist bringing ulterior motives, just go find something you comprehend to entertain you.
You know what, okay, I'll 'step into your realm':

Boom. I'm right about everything and cannot be wrong, ever. If you challenge my stance in any way then you're attacking my beliefs and are therefore auto-wrong, and a disrespectful douchebag. Which makes you a sub-human monster that I can threaten to kill and it's totally cool. Now either agree with me or you're a goddamn moron who thinks he knows everything about everything. Your move.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-08-2012), xxMESTxx (02-08-2012)
Old 02-08-2012, 03:56 PM   #525
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I dunno, I just thought it was amusing that the dude saying we're all acting like we're infallible gods of knowledge or whatever is the only dude here who actually refuses to admit being wrong about anything.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-08-2012), kael03 (02-08-2012), Mal (02-08-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-08-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.