Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 37 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #541
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

These are my machines!
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), Numinous (02-09-2012)


Old 02-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #542
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Whatever man, I told you to come over to my type of discussion, and said that if you really want to beat me in this discussion it will only happen if you follow MY RULES. You turned into some retarded thing about a realm based on my philosophy. Well since I now have realm and you came to join me. If it's my realm, it's my rules, you did what I said you did. or you never got your foot in the door.
You do realize that I was paraphrasing your 'realm' thing and then just mocking you, right? Ha, of course you don't. Fucking idiot.

But hey, you know what? Let's stick with that reasoning of yours for a second. Because I was thinking about this shit, and technically you've already 'stepped into our realm' the second you signed up for this forum and started posting shit.

You see, here on the forum we make the rules. And by 'we,' I'm referring to pretty much everyone on the forum except for you and HR and any other idiots like you who shun rational thought and logic. Because everyone else here has a say in how the forum operates. No matter who it is, if they can present a convincing logical argument as to why we should add or change any aspect of the forum then we'll try to get that shit done. You're really the only person who has zero influence, solely by your own choice, because you refuse to debate and seem to hate logic and reason.

You also are only allowed to post here because we permit it. Especially you, who has already admitted to insulting people solely because you want them to bend to your will and leave threads. Not to mention your death threats. If I wanted to ban you for that shit, I could, and I could easily justify doing so. You are literally still here because the other moderators and I allow it.

So this is our 'realm,' and through our mercy and respect for certain principles you are allowed to exist in it. And by your own reasoning, 'our realm, our rules.' You are whatever we say you are. So you're wrong. Har har!

Quote:
I am wrong about nothing I have stated here in this thread, I may have occasionally exaggerated or the like, but that's not the same as being wrong. Since your disrespect came about long before anything I attempted to use to stop it, yes it is completely unwarranted. You are the one who came into my discussion and tried to play by his own rules, not the reverse, so I'm definitely not the one who is twisted here.
So it's like I said after all. Just you changing the definitions of words so you won't be wrong about anything. In reality, however, you claiming that "We claim to know everything about everything" isn't an exaggeration. Because you're not exaggerating. You're saying something that is completely wrong.

I'm not a dick, so I try to take into account the context of shit. If some people did claim to know everything about everything then I wouldn't nitpick about your use of 'everyone' or 'everything.' But the reality of the situation is that No one claimed anything remotely similar to knowing everything about everything. It's not an exaggeration or a generalization, it's the exact opposite of what actually occurred in reality.

Quote:
Look man, I just don't want to talk to you. I want you to gtfo and leave me alone. I resorted to doing nothing but insulting you for a while, but you still can't take the hint. I will say and do whatever I have to to get you to shut the fuck up and leave, that doesn't include debating you or anyone else on anything. You want me to admit that I am wrong?

Fine, according to the underinformed skewed viewpoint you all seem to hold that is all that is necessary to be right by the asinine rules set up in this forum, I am wrong. You have your ball, now go home.
Tough shit, babydick. If you don't like how the forum or reality operates than you are free to leave. We're not going anywhere. If you don't want to talk to us then you can shut the fuck up.

Oh, and I agree, you are wrong. Glad we could both come to terms on that issue.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I like Miburo as an internet personality, but if he says something dumb, like you often do, I'd still make fun of him.
Thank you! You are a good man, comrade. If I say anything even close to being as dumb as any of the shit that retard says, then I definitely want to know about that shit.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Numinous (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #543
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
These are my machines!
Congratulations!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
See, even the idea of a "realm of discussion" seems hilariously pompous and arrogant to me. It's like there is this special zone with rules and regulations and a supreme ruler who dictates how things shall be and what is or is not permissible.
So you are saying that you never have purposeful discussions? Anything that's done with purpose is regulated in some fashion.

Quote:
Well, son, someone should introduce you to the internet. There is no such place here. Hell, if you tried that on me in a face to face conversation I'd still laugh and call you a fool. Stick to your guns all you want, they aren't getting you anywhere here.
It's true I'm not making a lot of progress here, but the alternative is to regress and that is unacceptable.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:52 AM   #544
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
So you are saying that you never have purposeful discussions? Anything that's done with purpose is regulated in some fashion.
Yes, most discussions are regulated by fucking reality. Not some random delusional dumbshit.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), Demi-God (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Numinous (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #545
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Guys, let's have a debate but I set the rules. Rule is that you can't argue back and you all have to call me Lord Pish Posh. Go.

You're a silly person. Silly.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), Numinous (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:06 AM   #546
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Guys, let's have a debate but I set the rules. Rule is that you can't argue back and you all have to call me Lord Pish Posh. Go.

You're a silly person. Silly.
See that's kind of one of my bones is that I never wanted to have a debate to begin with.
I wanted all along to have a discussion that is not a debate. That's part of the reason I posted in this section was that the rules stated there was to be no debating here.

I never wanted to have an "I'm right, you're wrong" type of conversation, and I refuse to attempt the other type with anyone who starts out with that approach.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to almightywood For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #547
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
See that's kind of one of my bones is that I never wanted to have a debate to begin with.
I wanted all along to have a discussion that is not a debate. That's part of the reason I posted in this section was that the rules stated there was to be no debating here.
The administrator himself set the rules as a debate, what more do you want? Barack Obama to personally set rules?

Also, hello, Lord Pish Posh.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), Demi-God (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #548
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

The line between a discussion and a debate can be very blurry. Essentially what you wanted are people who agreed with you and wanted to talk to you about whatever this thread was about the first place. This is the internet, that rarely happens.

Usually a debate will be had, in some way or another. The people here aren't scared of a debate though, sometimes they learn something new from it and expand their knowledge and sometimes they can help someone learn.

Lord Pish Posh has spoken!

Edit: Also, interestingly, those rules were set in 2006. Times change, rules require modification in order to be relevant as the member base changes its mentality. Sometimes those rules aren't written down but the general public know what to do and leave those rules behind because they seem silly and don't fit the era. Reminds me of something...

Double-Edit:
Quote:
I never wanted to have an "I'm right, you're wrong" type of conversation, and I refuse to attempt the other type with anyone who starts out with that approach.
Well that's your problem. If you're not open the the fact that you may be wrong about something then don't bother voicing your opinion, if you expect people to just agree with you and discuss thing either find people exactly like yourself or talk to the mirror.

When you voice your opinion, high chances are somebody will disagree with you and voice their opinion, or find issues with your opinion and ask for further evidence and/or reasoning as to why you think like that.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-09-2012 at 11:31 AM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #549
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
The line between a discussion and a debate can be very blurry. Essentially what you wanted are people who agreed with you and wanted to talk to you about whatever this thread was about the first place. This is the internet, that rarely happens.
I didn't necessarily want people who agreed with me, I more or less wanted people who knew what I was talking about. I don't care to have to find proof that I don't consider proof to justify my wanting to find knowledgeable people to discuss with. I didn't really wish to become anything approaching anyone's teacher, the most I want to do about anything is introduce someone to the most basic part of a concept. While I realize that the likelihood that someone will come along and begin to discuss in the fashion that I desire is minimal at this point, I still am standing my ground because I have integrity.


Quote:
Usually a debate will be had, in some way or another. The people here aren't scared of a debate though, sometimes they learn something new from it and expand their knowledge and sometimes they can help someone learn.

Lord Pish Posh has spoken!
I understand that a lot of people like to debate here, but I do not like to debate, I would prefer not to. I dislike the idea that since there is only one right answer for most things, we eliminate all but the most likely possibility, thereby making the process of debating pure tedium for me. I believe that taking shelter inside probability is the same thing as letting everyone else live your life for you, it's the dumbest thing you can do. I only have one life, I want to experience as much of what it has to offer as possible, and that'll never happen just following the herd.

Quote:
Edit: Also, interestingly, those rules were set in 2006. Times change, rules require modification in order to be relevant as the member base changes its mentality. Sometimes those rules aren't written down but the general public know what to do and leave those rules behind because they seem silly and don't fit the era. Reminds me of something...
I realize the rules aren't being enforced, and have adapted. I am merely using them as an indicator of exactly how against debating I am.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-09-2012 at 11:33 AM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #550
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I didn't necessarily want people who agreed with me, I more or less wanted people who knew what I was talking about. I don't care to have to find proof that I don't consider proof to justify my wanting to find knowledgeable people to discuss with. I didn't really wish to become anything approaching anyone's teacher, the most I want to do about anything is introduce someone to the most basic part of a concept. While I realize that the likelihood that someone will come along and begin to discuss in the fashion that I desire is minimal at this point, I still am standing my ground because I have integrity.
That doesn't show integrity. That shows stubbornness and an inability to adapt to a situation when faced with a hardship that you're not suited to.

We would all love to have discussions with people who know exactly what we're talking about but more often than not that's not the case. Then we have to explain to them and offer the evidence or reasoning as to why. If you're not willing to do that then it would have shown more integrity for you to say "I'm sorry guys, this isn't what I wanted, I'll be leaving now."


Quote:
I understand that a lot of people like to debate here, but I do not like to debate, I would prefer not to. I dislike the idea that since there is only one right answer for most things, we eliminate all but the most likely possibility, thereby making the process of debating pure tedium for me. I believe that taking shelter inside probability is the same thing as letting everyone else live your life for you, it's the dumbest thing you can do. I only have one life, I want to experience as much of what it has to offer as possible, and that'll never happen just following the herd.
So let me get this right, you came into a forum that has a general like for debating? Then decided to go against those unwritten rules and create your own rules for a conversation and expect people to stick to them?

They don't always eliminate all but the most likely possibility, they eliminate implausible things that don't have a shred of evidence backing them up and/or a logical line of reasoning behind it (evidence and reasoning are coming up a lot here).

You do have one life to live and in this life you can't always explore every single possibility unless there's a valid reason for doing so and trial and error has shown that that's a pretty good method for working things out. People aren't taking shelter inside probability, they're using it as a proven method. If all of the most likely possibilities end up being wrong then the others are considered, but usually that's not the case.

We also want to experience life as much as we can, and that's why we talk about our ideas and explore them even if it means viewing other peoples opinions when they offer us a valid reason to do so.

Quote:
I realize the rules aren't being enforced, and have adapted. I am merely using them as an indicator of exactly how against debating I am.
Then you're honestly in the wrong place mate, it would be best to perhaps not reply any more in this thread and back away because this won't stop anytime soon. If you're so against debating then that would be the smartest thing to do in this situation.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #551
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Well that's your problem. If you're not open the the fact that you may be wrong about something then don't bother voicing your opinion, if you expect people to just agree with you and discuss thing either find people exactly like yourself or talk to the mirror.
I have no problem admitting to people that I am wrong on something that I am actually wrong about to anyone who has my respect. If someone has proven themselves disrespectful I wouldn't tell them they were right if they said the grass was green. I'd claim it was brown and call them an idiot if they said different. But I only disrespect people who disrespect me first.

Quote:
When you voice your opinion, high chances are somebody will disagree with you and voice their opinion, or find issues with your opinion and ask for further evidence and/or reasoning as to why you think like that.
I have no problem with I disagree, or this makes no sense to me, but not a one of these guys said that. What they said was: wrong, idiot, lol

Anyone who comes with that approach won't get jack outta me except attitude. People like that are only interested in going along with the trend of conversation so they can find some way to denounce it. I don't even want to talk to someone who is only out to disprove shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
That doesn't show integrity. That shows stubbornness and an inability to adapt to a situation when faced with a hardship that you're not suited to.
Integrity is not compromising your morals. I felt it my duty to keep my open discussion in debate hell open.

Quote:
We would all love to have discussions with people who know exactly what we're talking about but more often than not that's not the case. Then we have to explain to them and offer the evidence or reasoning as to why. If you're not willing to do that then it would have shown more integrity for you to say "I'm sorry guys, this isn't what I wanted, I'll be leaving now."
I realize that the majority opinion on this board is that of what you have stated, but I know for a fact that it is not all that way. I am merely waiting for this cliche to move onto other pastures so I can discuss with the others the next time around.




Quote:
So let me get this right, you came into a forum that has a general like for debating? Then decided to go against those unwritten rules and create your own rules for a conversation and expect people to stick to them?
It was my understanding that the unwritten rules were something along the lines of freedom of speech. If this is the case then how come my type of discussion isn't allowed?

Quote:
They don't always eliminate all but the most likely possibility, they eliminate implausible things that don't have a shred of evidence backing them up and/or a logical line of reasoning behind it (evidence and reasoning are coming up a lot here).
See the only way I eliminate something is if there is irrefutable evidence to the contrary, and not just that something can occur another way, but that the thing cannot occur in the one way.

Quote:
You do have one life to live and in this life you can't always explore every single possibility unless there's a valid reason for doing so and trial and error has shown that that's a pretty good method for working things out. People aren't taking shelter inside probability, they're using it as a proven method. If all of the most likely possibilities end up being wrong then the others are considered, but usually that's not the case.
There viewpoint relies too much on odds. When I live my life I plan for the outcome that I would prefer, since more often than not, that's the only way it will occur. I don't pay attention to the likelihood since probability really means nothing when applied to only one or a few.

Quote:
We also want to experience life as much as we can, and that's why we talk about our ideas and explore them even if it means viewing other peoples opinions when they offer us a valid reason to do so.
No one has contradicted me that hasn't disrespected me like mad first, so I have never had a valid reason to consider their viewpoints at all. I care way more about the means than the ends.



Quote:
Then you're honestly in the wrong place mate, it would be best to perhaps not reply any more in this thread and back away because this won't stop anytime soon. If you're so against debating then that would be the smartest thing to do in this situation.
Like I said I realize the majority of people here think a certain way, but I know there are others that don't. I'm just waiting for "the majority" to get bored and leave me alone so I can move onto the minority here.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-09-2012 at 12:16 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #552
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I have no problem admitting to people that I am wrong on something that I am actually wrong about to anyone who has my respect.
Uh, yeah you do. I've watched you act like a little bitch for over a month now, your retarded beliefs make it impossible for you to be wrong, which causes you to live this retarded and delusional lifestyle. You have a serious problem with admitting your wrong. It's pretty fucking obvious, and you disagreeing will just make you wrong again.

Quote:
I wouldn't tell them they were right if they said the grass was green. I'd claim it was brown and call them an idiot if they said different. But I only disrespect people who disrespect me first.
Oh, you mean like you've been doing in this entire thread? Right here you're flat out saying that you know the shit you're saying is wrong, and that you are seriously THAT much of a douche that you'd call people idiots for stating truth.

You are a seriously twisted individual.

Quote:
I have no problem with I disagree, or this makes no sense to me, but not a one of these guys said that. What they said was: wrong, idiot, lol
On these forums, if you say stupid shit, It's going to get called out by somebody, anybody. Your dumb ass doesn't even know how things work around here, and you act like you run shit. Here's a tip. You don't. If you want to act like a complete and total vagina(nothing's stopped you yet.) Then just continue on this little trip of yours.

Quote:
I don't even want to talk to someone who is only out to disprove shit.
Yet here you are, still talking to everybody who's been disproving your shit. You think you being here provides you with integrity? It doesn't because you have none. The second you took your ball and went home the first time, that was it. A man with integrity, isn't a dishonest retard who just doesn't know when to quit. If you wanted to claim integrity you should have stayed gone.

You have no manly qualities that I can see. You claiming to have integrity, honesty, ect. made me lmfao.








You're only fooling yourself, woman.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #553
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

That's not a good approach, even if they disrespected you first (I haven't read all the posts here, I don't have the time nor the interest) then don't bother to reply in return if that's how you feel. Being disrespectful to someone who was disrespectful to you makes you just as worse as them I feel.

It would be ideal for everybody to say "Oh hey, I disagree, could you explain why you think this way to me?" I think everybody here would love to have debates that go like that. But in this world if someone sees your opinions as being ignorant and idiotic, then they'll call you that because that's how they see you. At best you can give them the proof to back your opinion and show them that you're not an idiot.

I can promise you that not everyone who comes with that approach is only out to disprove shit. There are a lot of people here who even if they initially thought you were an idiot, if you gave them a solid argument and backed it up, would at least respect you and learn from it. Hell, even if it doesn't change their minds it would give them a new view of you.

There are a lot of people here who I disagree with and will have constant debates on, but whenever I do they always back up their arguments in some fashion and I respect that.

Last edited by Demi-God; 02-09-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #554
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I have no problem admitting to people that I am wrong on something that I am actually wrong about to anyone who has my respect. If someone has proven themselves disrespectful I wouldn't tell them they were right if they said the grass was green. I'd claim it was brown and call them an idiot if they said different. But I only disrespect people who disrespect me first.



I have no problem with I disagree, or this makes no sense to me, but not a one of these guys said that. What they said was: wrong, idiot, lol

Anyone who comes with that approach won't get jack outta me except attitude. People like that are only interested in going along with the trend of conversation so they can find some way to denounce it. I don't even want to talk to someone who is only out to disprove shit.
tl;dr version-You're a spiteful douchebag.


This is exactly why I dislike it when people feel entitled to things like respect. Now, I know why you think this way. You most likely think "Hey, my way everyone respects everyone." But do they really?

Of course not. They are just obligated to play pretend. Your way actually cheapens actual respect between people, and makes the entire concept pretty meaningless. Worst of all is the entitlement portion of your little rule. You are basically forcing people to treat you a certain way or else you'll treat them like shit purely out of spite.

Whereas a lot of us are operating as if we aren't entitled to anything, and neither are you. It works equally both ways no matter how you act. You don't have to respect me, I couldn't care less. And if I choose to show respect to someone it's because I genuinely want to, not because I feel obligated to do so.


Not that it matters to you, you've just claimed you'll disagree with whatever I say and insult me based purely on spite. Making your disagreements and insults even more baseless and meaningless since it has nothing to do with the wrongness in my statements and the validity doesn't play a part in your insults. You're just doing it because I didn't treat you in a way that you demand I do. Which is silly.


Oh, and just so you know, between you and everyone else in this thread, you were the first person to throw out a direct insult toward anyone. You called Numinous a jackass first before anyone actually directly insulted you.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-09-2012), ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:41 PM   #555
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Integrity is not compromising your morals. I felt it my duty to keep my open discussion in debate hell open.
There's no such thing as absolute morality. You have to compromise and adapt your principles when required. Always view things in context and base your view around that, if that means having to compromise on something then so be it, that makes you a better person.

Quote:
I realize that the majority opinion on this board is that of what you have stated, but I know for a fact that it is not all that way. I am merely waiting for this cliche to move onto other pastures so I can discuss with the others the next time around.
You opened up that conversation in a public forum, if you want to have a discussion like you say you want then handpick the people who you know will converse in the way you want and do it privately. Otherwise, you'll most likely get a debate.


Quote:
It was my understanding that the unwritten rules were something along the lines of freedom of speech. If this is the case then how come my type of discussion isn't allowed?
An unwritten rules is essentially a social agreement by like minded people who realise that a course of action is sometimes best for the community to function. If anything sometimes it can be completely the opposite of freedom of speech as it limits people (See "taboos" for reference.)

Quote:
See the only way I eliminate something is if there is irrefutable evidence to the contrary, and not just that something can occur another way, but that the thing cannot occur in the one way.

There viewpoint relies too much on odds. When I live my life I plan for the outcome that I would prefer, since more often than not, that's the only way it will occur. I don't pay attention to the likelihood since probability really means nothing when applied to only one or a few.
There's a reason they use odds. They base these odds on current evidence, previous data, reasoning among other things, these odds are calculated and used for a reason. Don't think of this as baseless probability, that's not how probability works, a lot of things are considered and they have to be because otherwise probability would be pointless. If you were to take into account ALL possibilities then that's a lot of wasted time for nothing.

Quote:
No one has contradicted me that hasn't disrespected me like mad first, so I have never had a valid reason to consider their viewpoints at all. I care way more about the means than the ends.

Like I said I realize the majority of people here think a certain way, but I know there are others that don't. I'm just waiting for "the majority" to get bored and leave me alone so I can move onto the minority here.
And you've also disrespected a lot of these people both initially and in return, giving them no reason to think of you in anyway other than how they perceived you in the first place.

So you're waiting for people who think in a different way that's more appealing to you? Yeah, welcome to the real world, that won't always happen and when it doesn't you have to be prepared to face it and actually talk about it. That shows a much better quality than being stubborn about "morals."
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.