Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 38 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #556
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Oh, and just so you know, between you and everyone else in this thread, you were the first person to throw out a direct insult toward anyone. You called Numinous a jackass first before anyone actually directly insulted you.
I may have been the first person to throw an insult at him in this thread, but he is the one who started hurling insults at me initially.

I never said anything about my grudges only lasting for one thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
So you're waiting for people who think in a different way that's more appealing to you? Yeah, welcome to the real world, that won't always happen and when it doesn't you have to be prepared to face it and actually talk about it. That shows a much better quality than being stubborn about "morals."

I'm not waiting for something that "may" happen.
I KNOW there is a minority here, I've spoken to them,

Last edited by almightywood; 02-09-2012 at 12:51 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 02-09-2012, 12:53 PM   #557
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

You should have addressed that then. People here won't know your history with him, they'll see you as someone who just insulted someone else and will view you as rude and then treat you like that. And I'm guessing that played a big part in how everyone has been treating you.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 PM   #558
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
It was my understanding that the unwritten rules were something along the lines of freedom of speech. If this is the case then how come my type of discussion isn't allowed?
To address this a bit further, the type of discussion you want has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech allows you to say whatever, for the most part. And you are allowed to do that.

Same applies to everyone. You can't dictate what anyone is allowed to say or how they're allowed to say it here. You can say shit, we can say that shit is stupid. You can say "I want you guys to play by my rules" and we can say "Fuck you and your silly rules."
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:00 PM   #559
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I'm not waiting for something that "may" happen.
I KNOW there is a minority here, I've spoken to them,
Again, public forum. Everyone and anyone may voice their opinions. If you know for sure that the minority exists then talk to them in private where you know others won't jump into the conversation. Personal Messages make for a good way to do so.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:06 PM   #560
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I may have been the first person to throw an insult at him in this thread, but he is the one who started hurling insults at me initially.

I never said anything about my grudges only lasting for one thread.
You'll have to forgive me if I don't just take your word on that. Not that it matters if you were being spiteful about something that happened in a completely different thread. He wasn't insulting you in this thread. You brought your childish grudge into this thread by directly insulting someone who wasn't directly insulting you in this thread.


It's quite ridiculous that you think holding silly grudges and being spiteful about someone not following your personal code of conduct regarding respect are noble endeavors. You're acting like a little baby, grow up.



Quote:
I'm not waiting for something that "may" happen.
I KNOW there is a minority here, I've spoken to them,
Not this bullshit again. It doesn't matter. Those imaginary friends of yours are obviously cowards who aren't going to post here. And if they do and they're posting similarly stupid shit to the stuff you've posted then I will personally call them out on it.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #561
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Wanting people to agree with you? There is a very good reason I claim 5 cents every time someone says "I agree with ACt..." A) because it does happen regularly and it'll provide a nice university fund for future children and B) because it takes effort to clearly state your ideas in such a way that people who either don't agree or having given the idea thought so that they will agree or at least accept that there is a solid base for my assertions and opinions.

All AW has done is asserted that he doesn't have to defend what he says, which we all disagree with near to a man (woman). We've even provided reasons it is a lame premise that doesn't hold up to scrutiny (amazing that a position that forbids scrutiny fails under it) and he's rejected it. Why would we even begin a discussion?

As Lord Pish Posh so aptly put, if you want to have a discussion with someone who believes as you do or at least won't question or reject anything you say, a mirror is your best bet. Discussion are going to break into debates any time someone doesn't agree, it doesn't have to be a nasty debate so long as sides are going to counter or accept evidence that refutes/weakens their stance. AW does none of that here.

Also, since I said I'd point out dumb things people say, even if they agree with me, xxMESTxx... pretty lame insult, dude.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), Demi-God (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012), xxMESTxx (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #562
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
To address this a bit further, the type of discussion you want has nothing to do with freedom of speech. Freedom of speech allows you to say whatever, for the most part. And you are allowed to do that.

Same applies to everyone. You can't dictate what anyone is allowed to say or how they're allowed to say it here. You can say shit, we can say that shit is stupid. You can say "I want you guys to play by my rules" and we can say "Fuck you and your silly rules."
Freedom of speech is also what allows people to have things like political rallies and church on Sundays, and I guarantee they kick people out of those things when they speak out against what the assembly was based around.

Same thing with having different threads here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Again, public forum. Everyone and anyone may voice their opinions. If you know for sure that the minority exists then talk to them in private where you know others won't jump into the conversation. Personal Messages make for a good way to do so.
I shouldn't have to hide to have the type of discussion that I wish to have just because some other people are rude. I'll just wait for them to get bored and leave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
You'll have to forgive me if I don't just take your word on that. Not that it matters if you were being spiteful about something that happened in a completely different thread. He wasn't insulting you in this thread. You brought your childish grudge into this thread by directly insulting someone who wasn't directly insulting you in this thread.


It's quite ridiculous that you think holding silly grudges and being spiteful about someone not following your personal code of conduct regarding respect are noble endeavors. You're acting like a little baby, grow up.
I would say that growing up means learning to respect other people. I do a pretty good job of respecting people that deserve it. Which is pretty much everyone THAT GIVES IT OUT FREELY like I did to all of you to begin with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Wanting people to agree with you? There is a very good reason I claim 5 cents every time someone says "I agree with ACt..." A) because it does happen regularly and it'll provide a nice university fund for future children and B) because it takes effort to clearly state your ideas in such a way that people who either don't agree or having given the idea thought so that they will agree or at least accept that there is a solid base for my assertions and opinions.

All AW has done is asserted that he doesn't have to defend what he says, which we all disagree with near to a man (woman). We've even provided reasons it is a lame premise that doesn't hold up to scrutiny (amazing that a position that forbids scrutiny fails under it) and he's rejected it. Why would we even begin a discussion?

As Lord Pish Posh so aptly put, if you want to have a discussion with someone who believes as you do or at least won't question or reject anything you say, a mirror is your best bet. Discussion are going to break into debates any time someone doesn't agree, it doesn't have to be a nasty debate so long as sides are going to counter or accept evidence that refutes/weakens their stance. AW does none of that here.

Also, since I said I'd point out dumb things people say, even if they agree with me, xxMESTxx... pretty lame insult, dude.
I don't even care if someone questions what I have to say, I will gladly respond to it properly as long as they didn't get off to a bad start with me. You yourself began by telling me that my point of view was exactly what was wrong with the world.

I absolutely maintain that the only person that ever has to prove anything is the one who claims that something is wrong. Even though this is so, I will prove anything I have stated to someone who didn't begin their relationship with me with some form of them telling me I was wrong. As far as I am concerned once someone tells me I'm wrong my responsibility in what I have said drops to 0%, they have just adopted it all, unless they can actually prove without a doubt that I was wrong.

I just don't think a lot of people here understand the difference between a disagreement, and right and wrong. One is a fleeting thing, the other is something of importance.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-09-2012 at 02:24 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #563
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,694
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I absolutely maintain that the only person that ever has to prove anything is the one who claims that something is wrong. Even though this is so, I will prove anything I have stated to someone who didn't begin their relationship with me with some form of them telling me I was wrong. As far as I am concerned once someone tells me I'm wrong my responsibility in what I have said drops to 0%, they have just adopted it all.
Sorry, but that's not how discussions work. Like, anywhere. You have the burden of proof by making the initial claim. Anyone that tells you you are wrong are, in a round-about way, asking you to provide actual, concrete evidence of your claims.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #564
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Also, since I said I'd point out dumb things people say, even if they agree with me, xxMESTxx... pretty lame insult, dude.
The woman one? Meh, It was a follow up to calling him a complete and total vagina. At the time it seemed fitting. I'll agree not my best, man.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 02-09-2012 at 02:28 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 02:28 PM   #565
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I just don't think a lot of people here understand the difference between a disagreement, and right and wrong. One is a fleeting thing, the other is something of importance.
I disagree. You're wrong.

Nope, seems like I understand those concepts just fine, thank you. Any other "concepts from grade two" you'd like to question our knowledge on? I'll have you know that I can tell the difference between a triangle and a square before you ask.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #566
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I disagree. You're wrong.

Nope, seems like I understand those concepts just fine, thank you. Any other "concepts from grade two" you'd like to question our knowledge on? I'll have you know that I can tell the difference between a triangle and a square before you ask.
Funny how you stated them both together like that. Most people don't realize they can disagree with someone without either of them being wrong. Saying I disagree requires no proof, as does anyone stating anything other than stating that someone is wrong, and or someone is right.

Things that are actually right and wrong come along so rarely that it's ridiculous. Most of the time it's just all gray shit. You all act like everything is black and white when pretty much everything is gray.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Sorry, but that's not how discussions work. Like, anywhere. You have the burden of proof by making the initial claim. Anyone that tells you you are wrong are, in a round-about way, asking you to provide actual, concrete evidence of your claims.
Whatever, I've never been anywhere but here that people haven't gone by those rules in a discussion.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:06 PM   #567
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Funny how you stated them both together like that. <removed: a bunch of crap he likes to think we don't already know>
Yes, funny that. Might have been because I was mocking you.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-09-2012), Miburo (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #568
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Yes, funny that. Might have been because I was mocking you.


Funny again how you remove some shit claiming you already know it as you state you are mocking me for the same shit. You sure you know it?
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:56 PM   #569
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Freedom of speech is also what allows people to have things like political rallies and church on Sundays, and I guarantee they kick people out of those things when they speak out against what the assembly was based around.

Same thing with having different threads here.
I wouldn't consider throwing people out of some place for the things they say as an exercise of freedom of speech. Mostly because it's not.

However, if you think it is and that such a thing is justified then I could use the same train of thought to say me banning you from the forum would also be just as justified and okay.


Quote:
I would say that growing up means learning to respect other people. I do a pretty good job of respecting people that deserve it. Which is pretty much everyone THAT GIVES IT OUT FREELY like I did to all of you to begin with.
Fancy that, because I think everyone here has learned how to show other people respect as well. Especially people that deserve it. And I'm fairly certain no one called you an idiot in here until after you directly insulted Numinous.

In fact, if anyone called you an idiot or whatever before you started posting things that can justifiably be seen as idiotic, then I would condemn such actions.

Again, not that any of this matters. You failed to address my statement. Would you say holding ridiculous grudges that result in you directly insulting people in threads where that person isn't directly insulting you as something a mature individual would do? Do you really think it's not childish to tell people they're wrong about things they're blatantly right about purely because you are holding some grudge against them? You have literally stated that you would disagree with someone saying that grass is green because he didn't show you the respect you feel entitled to. That's beyond ridiculous, and only makes you seem like an immature idiot.

Seriously, just put your petty grudges aside for a moment and picture some 38 year old guy standing in a field of green grass telling some guy the grass isn't green purely because that guy didn't do what 38 year old lunatic wanted him to do. That's idiotic. You're an idiot if you think that's not childish and moronic. I mean, honestly, dude. Come on.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012)
Old 02-09-2012, 04:10 PM   #570
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Funny again how you remove some shit claiming you already know it as you state you are mocking me for the same shit. You sure you know it?
I thought you weren't in the business of calling people wrong?
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-09-2012), kael03 (02-09-2012), Mal (02-09-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.