Us government's trick to violate civil liberties - Page 40 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 12:36 PM   #586
OG
[잊지 말아요]
 
OG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Age: 26
Posts: 7,623
Thanks: 2,238
Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
He (sometimes) seems to be implying that freedom of speech grants him the right to have a discussion the way he wants, not just what freedom of speech grants a person. If he really does think that, the simplification is a step in the right direction, a stepping stone to him understanding what freedom of religion really is.

In such circumstances, when somebody might have such an exaggerated notion of what freedom of speech really is, the simplification is, imo, an acceptable evil on the path to enlightenment, since its easier to grasp and even if the person doesn't come to realize what freedom of speech really is and gets stuck at the simplification they at least have a much better grasp of what freedom of speech is.

Though. if the other person's notion is closer to what freedom of speech really is than the simplification definitely becomes an unacceptable evil and I wouldn't use it in such circumstances.
im not saying define freedom of speech, because its a really vague amendment proven with the many court cases involving it, all im saying is, no it does not cover everything you say,[like telling a kid, no you can't say fuck you in the ass] that isnt complicated to understand, if u were to say, yes it means you can say anything you want, he'll never get it later on when u tell him its not, its better to start off with telling him its not.

// this is experience from telling KIDS how things work, i think i know what it means to simplify things so they understand, but also get the concept that yes it is this way but it doesnt stop there. once he gets that, later on hell ask the questions WHY is it like that, ie like a kid who has reached the age of being curious and asking why to everything. before this point they just accept what u tell them. this is where this guy is at. he's not at the "why" part, he's at the stage where he thinks this is this, theres no reasoning.

Last edited by OG; 02-10-2012 at 12:37 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012), Demi-God (02-11-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-10-2012)


Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #587
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
im not saying define freedom of speech, because its a really vague amendment proven with the many court cases involving it, all im saying is, no it does not cover everything you say,[like telling a kid, no you can't say fuck you in the ass] that isnt complicated to understand, if u were to say, yes it means you can say anything you want, he'll never get it later on when u tell him its not, its better to start off with telling him its not.

// this is experience from telling KIDS how things work, i think i know what it means to simplify things so they understand, but also get the concept that yes it is this way but it doesnt stop there. once he gets that, later on hell ask the questions WHY is it like that, ie like a kid who has reached the age of being curious and asking why to everything. before this point they just accept what u tell them. this is where this guy is at. he's not at the "why" part, he's at the stage where he thinks this is this, theres no reasoning.
Yeah, I know kids are like that, and everything said to them has the potential to stick (for a while), but isn't almightywood supposed to be an adult (at least age-wise)?

I know I wouldn't tell a kid that freedom of speech means that you can say whatever you want (though I'd probably just add that it's with some restrictions).
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #588
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
i hope you know freedom of speech does not protect everything you say.

pretty tired of people thinking it gives them the "right" to say anything they want

//also, muro is right, its freedom of assembly that lets u gather with other folks for a discussion, but its freedom of speech that allows u to talk about things, unless u are just having a discussion with urself. but i think your focus was on discussion with other people, so its assembly.
My focus was on nothing, Miburo's the one who was focusing on some asinine version of his reality. I actually stated that even in freedom of speech the type of speech can still be restricted.

My POINT was that without freedom of speech those people couldn't have those rallies to talk about controversial things where they get to kick people out for going against the status quo.
Whether or not the right to assembly applies too doesn't change my point at all: If they didn't have the freedom of speech they wouldn't be allowed to talk about that shit, let alone have an assembly. So yes freedom of speech allows them to do that. Nitpicking bullshit is just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
I dont think I see this, could you please elaborate on what you mean by this?

Is the problem with them somehow restricting you from writing what you want? If so, how? Are they deleting/altering your posts, or is it something else?

Is the problem with what/how they are posting? Did you mean that they are interfering with your freedom of speech by not discussing the way you want?
I mean they are interfering with my freedom of speech by harassing me. If you went and started hurling insults at people for what they believe after they had told you that you their beliefs weren't up for debate, you could get arrested for harassment regardless of your freedom of speech. Normally in this situation you would go to the cops, but surprise surprise one of the cops is in the harassment gang.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
If you were consistent in your philosophy then you could have given a simple yes or no answer. The fact that you can't actually answer my question, and have to talk yourself around it, makes the flaws in your reasoning obvious. If determining validity is private, then who are you to decide for me what is right or wrong?

Of course I'm trying to get you to go against what you said, it's one of many perfectly acceptable ways to show inconsistency and error in your claims.
Exactly, it's one of many standard TOOLS OF DEBATE.

It's just you being disrespectful, not at all you being clever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
No, it doesn't. It lets you personally say whatever you want, within reason. That's it. It doesn't grant you the ability to have other people discuss things with you in the way you desire. Like SD said, that would limit our ability to say whatever we want; limit our freedom of speech.
Which usually doesn't include harassing people about what they believe after they have repeatedly told you it's none of your business.


Quote:
No shit, which is why I said people throwing you out of their private property has nothing to do with freedom of speech.
Looks like you missed the point there. Freedom of speech applies on private property too, as evidenced by the fact that people can get arrested for what they say IN THEIR OWN HOMES in other countries.
Quote:
No I didn't. Where did I say that?
Go back and look at where you said we should apply the train of thought following the concept of a political/religious rally/service.

Quote:
I don't start off disrespecting everyone either. Again, our 'respect is earned' way of things isn't really much different than your way.
That's the problem you should start off disrespecting noone. Since you like to bring up asinine analogies of things that are wrong. You are discriminating using the same kind of thinking that would have someone cross to the other side of the street because they saw a black person coming. You are judging a book by its cover which makes you an immoral human being for not finding out the truth before you go into asshole mode.

Quote:
When I first came into this thread I wasn't even addressing you. You didn't treat me any different than I would have treated someone who wasn't being an idiot. You didn't express your respect for me before I started disrespecting you or anything. The way I treat people I neither respect nor think poorly of is basically the same way you treat people that you supposedly respect.
I didn't start off disrespecting you. My first response to you was entirely respectful even though I wouldn't say your first post was to me. I still gave you the benefit of the doubt though I shouldn't have bothered, you've done nothing but continuously prove that you are immensely disrespectful for no valid reason over and over.

Quote:
Again, the only difference between the way we operate and the way you operate is the criteria we use to determine who deserves respect. Oh, and our way doesn't grant us an unjustified sense of entitlement or involve other people following our personal rules regarding respect. If you weren't such a close-minded immature douche it would be pretty easy to see that our way of doing things is far from being without merit.
See here's the difference, you are always deciding who to give your respect, holding it back like it's some precious fucking resource, instead of just what every average DECENT HUMAN BEING gives out as a matter of course. But no we have this guy who thinks its perfectly ok in his role as keeper of the peace to come along and make fun of someone for being conflicted about his part in his friend's death. Yes, you are such a fucking righteous example of morality. You are the most immoral man I have ever met. I have treated you like absolute shit to get you the fuck away from me.




Quote:
Except I don't randomly throw insults around. So I guess not.
The fuck you don't, you're rather deluded about what you do and don't do.

Quote:
Oh, and the "U TOO" defense isn't the best way to demonstrate that you're not an immature man-child...
I wasn't trying to imply that I had been being mature, as a matter of fact I was agreeing that I wasn't, and saying I don't give a shit, I am immature with immature people, cope.


Quote:
Yes. The golden rule in reverse. What would be the opposite of what Jesus would do. Very moral and mature of you.
The golden rule is: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

When you throw it into reverse, it basically goes: Do unto others as they would be done unto.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #589
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
The golden rule is: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

When you throw it into reverse, it basically goes: Do unto others as they would be done unto.
You've said this before in this thread and I believe Mal correctly pointed out - if you follow the golden rule, you cannot follow its reverse without violating it. If you would treat others kindly, because that's what you want to have in return, but then are treated rudely in return, to then decide to treat people rudely back (while believing in the Golden Rule), means that you would have people treat you rudely, justifying their initial response.

So which rule do you believe in?

Oh, and we don't talk to babies in annoying little voices because that's how babies are, so your analogy is completely off. We talk to them in annoying little voices to get their attention and entertain them because their brains are still an amorphous, developing sponge. Exaggerated tones help get emotions across, like we do with pets - sharp, loud noises for distemper, higher pitched noises for approval. That said, I'm going to speak normally to my children as much as possible.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012), kael03 (02-10-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:25 PM   #590
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
I mean they are interfering with my freedom of speech by harassing me. If you went and started hurling insults at people for what they believe after they had told you that you their beliefs weren't up for debate, you could get arrested for harassment regardless of your freedom of speech. Normally in this situation you would go to the cops, but surprise surprise one of the cops is in the harassment gang.
That wouldn't be an infringement of your freedom of speech. All it could be is harassment (though I want to remain neutral on whether harassment has occurred in this thread since I didn't read all of it). Them harassing you doesn't stop you from posting, you can, and still, post regardless of any harassment that may be happening. Your freedom of speech hasn't been breached.
Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
The golden rule is: do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

When you throw it into reverse, it basically goes: Do unto others as they would be done unto.
I'm confused, doesn't what you wrote mean "treat others as they would like to be treated"? I have a headache so that might be the issue.
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), xxMESTxx (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #591
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

He did. I think what he meant was "Do unto others as they do unto you" which would be the opposite.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:38 PM   #592
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
That's the problem you should start off disrespecting noone. Since you like to bring up asinine analogies of things that are wrong. You are discriminating using the same kind of thinking that would have someone cross to the other side of the street because they saw a black person coming. You are judging a book by its cover which makes you an immoral human being for not finding out the truth before you go into asshole mode.

I didn't start off disrespecting you. My first response to you was entirely respectful even though I wouldn't say your first post was to me. I still gave you the benefit of the doubt though I shouldn't have bothered, you've done nothing but continuously prove that you are immensely disrespectful for no valid reason over and over.

See here's the difference, you are always deciding who to give your respect, holding it back like it's some precious fucking resource, instead of just what every average DECENT HUMAN BEING gives out as a matter of course. But no we have this guy who thinks its perfectly ok in his role as keeper of the peace to come along and make fun of someone for being conflicted about his part in his friend's death. Yes, you are such a fucking righteous example of morality. You are the most immoral man I have ever met. I have treated you like absolute shit to get you the fuck away from me.
Yeah, that's what I said. I don't start off disrespecting anyone. I'm indifferent towards people until they demonstrate they're worthy of respect, or in your case demonstrate that they're idiots who don't deserve respect.

That doesn't imply that I'm going to be uncivil with people until they prove they're worthy of my respect or anything. It's not like you were like "Hey, nice to meet you, I'm AW" and I respond by calling you a fucking dumbshit. You were posting a lot of nonsense and insulting people I do respect, apparently over some stupid grudge. You were being an idiot and a douche bag. Why exactly should I respect you for that?

And yes, I don't want to cheapen the concept of respect by respecting every random nobody and idiot I encounter. If I respect people that do great shit like those involved in Médecins Sans Frontières as much as I respect racists and shit then my respect is pretty fucking meaningless. Your entire concept of respect doesn't mean shit.

And yeah, if you egg your friend into doing something that killed him because you're an ignorant pile of shit, yet still have the nerve to be adamantly dedicated to remaining an ignorant pile of shit then I'm going to say that's not a good thing. Am I wrong? Do you think provoking people to do life threatening things out of your own ignorance is a good thing? If it's not, then what's the problem? Sorry if me thinking it's bad that pressuring people into doing things that will kill them hurts your fragile feelings, you pansy. I'll try to be more considerate of your feelings than you were with your friend's life. Jackass.



Quote:
The fuck you don't, you're rather deluded about what you do and don't do.

I wasn't trying to imply that I had been being mature, as a matter of fact I was agreeing that I wasn't, and saying I don't give a shit, I am immature with immature people, cope.
Again, my insults aren't random.

And since my point was that you are an immature twat, and you agree, then there's nothing left to discuss regarding that issue.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-10-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), xxMESTxx (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 01:45 PM   #593
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
That wouldn't be an infringement of your freedom of speech. All it could be is harassment (though I want to remain neutral on whether harassment has occurred in this thread since I didn't read all of it). Them harassing you doesn't stop you from posting, you can, and still, post regardless of any harassment that may be happening. Your freedom of speech hasn't been breached.
That's a matter of opinion. If someone is getting harassed for exercising their right, and nothing can be done about it because the authorities are in on the harassment, I would call that an infringement of the right.

Quote:
I'm confused, doesn't what you wrote mean "treat others as they would like to be treated"? I have a headache so that might be the issue.
Well it's really the reverse combined with the thought that everyone is using the golden rule.

But yeah that's what it means.
If they are using the golden rule, they are treating me the way they want to be treated. So since I obviously am not going to be treated with the respect that I want from these jokers, I'll give them the level of respect they want instead.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #594
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

I treat others how I would like to be treated.

If I was being ridiculously stupid I would want people to demonstrate exactly how I was being ridiculously stupid and insult me.

So treating me the way I treat you would involve me being a total fucking moron first, you demonstrating how I was being a fucking moron, and then insulting me. Which isn't the case. You're being justifiably insulted for being an idiot, and you respond by being a spiteful retard.

No golden rule / reverse golden rule going on here from your end, AW. Cut the shit.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-10-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-11-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #595
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Yeah, that's what I said. I don't start off disrespecting anyone. I'm indifferent towards people until they demonstrate they're worthy of respect, or in your case demonstrate that they're idiots who don't deserve respect.

That doesn't imply that I'm going to be uncivil with people until they prove they're worthy of my respect or anything. It's not like you were like "Hey, nice to meet you, I'm AW" and I respond by calling you a fucking dumbshit. You were posting a lot of nonsense and insulting people I do respect, apparently over some stupid grudge. You were being an idiot and a douche bag. Why exactly should I respect you for that?

And yes, I don't want to cheapen the concept of respect by respecting every random nobody and idiot I encounter. If I respect people that do great shit like those involved in Médecins Sans Frontières as much as I respect racists and shit then my respect is pretty fucking meaningless. Your entire concept of respect doesn't mean shit.
I think you mean honoring people. Honoring people is not the same thing as respecting them, that is something that should be used with discrimination, but respect should be given out universally. It's just egotistical to think that your way is right and theirs is wrong when you couldn't possibly understand what it means, the only way to understand another man is to walk a mile in his shoes. Respect is acknowledgement of your own fallibility. Disrespect is proof that you think you are infallible.

Quote:
And yeah, if you egg your friend into doing something that killed him because you're an ignorant pile of shit, yet still have the nerve to be adamantly dedicated to remaining an ignorant pile of shit then I'm going to say that's not a good thing. Am I wrong? Do you think provoking people to do life threatening things out of your own ignorance is a good thing? If it's not, then what's the problem? Sorry if me thinking it's bad that pressuring people into doing things that will kill them hurts your fragile feelings, you pansy. I'll try to be more considerate of your feelings than you were with your friend's life. Jackass.
You are a worthless piece of shit. I was ignorant at the time yes. Ignorant in that I iiked to think operate under the assumption that whatever I had decided was the most likely solution was the way to go. My operating in that fashion led me to insult someone for being a coward or the like because things weren't proceeding in the fashion I liked.
I was ignorant, I was acting like you act.
I was acting like I wasn't ignorant, which is way more ignorant than acting ignorant. That's how I killed him
I now refuse to act in the ignorant fashion that brought about my friends death, and it is for this very reason that you attempt to persecute me. To me your words are like signposts of what never to do to be an upstanding moral human being.




Quote:
Again, my insults aren't random.

And since my point was that you are an immature twat, and you agree, then there's nothing left to discuss regarding that issue.
Random/unprovoked same difference in my opinion.

You brought it up acting like you were more mature than me. I still beg to differ on that, the fact that I started off being respectful towards you and you started off being disrespectful towards me proves that. If you want me to deal with you like a man, start treating me like one. Give the respect back that I gave you to begin with, otherwise you're a spoiled fucking brat who deserves to be treated like one, period.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #596
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
Well it's really the reverse combined with the thought that everyone is using the golden rule.

But yeah that's what it means.
If they are using the golden rule, they are treating me the way they want to be treated. So since I obviously am not going to be treated with the respect that I want from these jokers, I'll give them the level of respect they want instead.
So while you believe in the golden rule, you are fully open to violate it because people are asking for it? Or you don't believe in the golden rule and are just going to react to how you are being treated, regardless of whether or not it is your fault?

If it is the first, you can't care how you are treated because even though you profess to believe to do unto others as you would have done onto you, you're OK with breaking with that to punish others who don't give you the respect you think you deserve (and in the process, earn how you were poorly treated).

If it is the latter, you're a moron, essentially asking for respect on a whim and prepared to muck it up with people who don't just think you're worthy or respect or awesome and some shit.

The golden rule is supposed to work that you treat people well regardless of what utter douchebags they are because that is how you feel you should be treated. I.e. I treat people well because I want to be treated well in return and regardless of how others treat me, I will continue to treat others well. It does not become a tit for tat, pissing contest because you don't think you got the respect or treatment you deserve.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-10-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), xxMESTxx (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 PM   #597
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Also, what if you encounter someone who doesn't follow the golden rule? How do you treat them?
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #598
almightywood
Missing-Nin
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 275
Thanks: 37
Thanked 97 Times in 90 Posts
almightywood is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I treat others how I would like to be treated.
Then I've been doing right by you.

Quote:
If I was being ridiculously stupid I would want people to demonstrate exactly how I was being ridiculously stupid and insult me.
Throwing insults before you know all the facts could lead to people dying, that's pretty fucking stupid and irresponsible, You're a horrible human being.

Quote:
So treating me the way I treat you would involve me being a total fucking moron first, you demonstrating how I was being a fucking moron, and then insulting me. Which isn't the case. You're being justifiably insulted for being an idiot, and you respond by being a spiteful retard.
You mean you purposefully come in and insult anything that sounds the least bit wrong to you in some sort of bohemian effort to extract information from people while claiming that you are being the upstanding civil one in the whole deal? I've done my best to treat you as shitty as you treat the general populace, but you know, It's not really my field of expertise, so sorry if I'm not doing it justice in your opinion.

Quote:
No golden rule / reverse golden rule going on here from your end, AW. Cut the shit.
There's no shit to cut, unless we are talking about you, you piece of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
So while you believe in the golden rule, you are fully open to violate it because people are asking for it? Or you don't believe in the golden rule and are just going to react to how you are being treated, regardless of whether or not it is your fault?

If it is the first, you can't care how you are treated because even though you profess to believe to do unto others as you would have done onto you, you're OK with breaking with that to punish others who don't give you the respect you think you deserve (and in the process, earn how you were poorly treated).

If it is the latter, you're a moron, essentially asking for respect on a whim and prepared to muck it up with people who don't just think you're worthy or respect or awesome and some shit.

The golden rule is supposed to work that you treat people well regardless of what utter douchebags they are because that is how you feel you should be treated. I.e. I treat people well because I want to be treated well in return and regardless of how others treat me, I will continue to treat others well. It does not become a tit for tat, pissing contest because you don't think you got the respect or treatment you deserve.
I've never denied that I am stubborn and vengeful. Everyone has bad qualities.

I apply the golden rule to start with, but if you wind up with a bunch of asshole moochers you have to stop doing so to get rid of them. Or are you saying that believing in the golden rule means that you must pauper yourself to the first person that asks?

I basically have a damn near unlimited amount of consideration for anyone who isn't being an asshole to me. I have a bit for those guys, (since I believe it is right to do so) but it runs out quick, I can't keep doing something my heart isn't in forever just because my head tells me it is right.

Last edited by almightywood; 02-10-2012 at 02:49 PM.
almightywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:48 PM   #599
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Well, I won't: I don't follow the golden rule. But you say you do, except when you're forced not to. Which means, you really don't.

EDIT: Also, your inability to understand Miburo's position is pretty hilarious. It's rather clear as day: he treats people the same as he meets them, if they come across as intelligent and respectful, he treats them such; if they come across stupid and belligerent, he treats them accordingly. If they willfully persist in moronic or obtrusive behaviour, he pretty much insults, taunts and disrespects them.

The very fact that your own language has becoming increasingly insulting as you apparently do unto him as he does unto others and STILL misunderstand how he goes about his internet business is such a joke.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down

Last edited by ACt; 02-10-2012 at 02:52 PM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012), kael03 (02-10-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-11-2012), xxMESTxx (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:49 PM   #600
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing
 
ask me anything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Impel Down
Posts: 3,195
Thanks: 9,030
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice
Re: Us government's trick to violate civil liberties

Quote:
Originally Posted by almightywood View Post
T
Throwing insults before you know all the facts could lead to people dying, that's pretty fucking stupid and irresponsible, You're a horrible human being.
Don't be a drama queen. Nothing that anybody can say to anyone here can lead to them dying. Unless your talking about committing suicide, in which case that shits on you.




Quote:
I've done my best to treat you as shitty as you treat the general populace, but you know, It's not really my field of expertise, so sorry if I'm not doing it justice in your opinion.
So you admit that you're going out of your way to be an ass to people. Wow, you certainly are the epitome of integrity aren't you.

And who's the general populace you speak of? I thought you said there were just 20 crying weebo's that were too afraid to speak up. Since there is obviously a lot more then 20 people on this forum, then the majority of people would tell Mibs to go fuck himself, if they thought he was being an unnecessary douche. Going by how that's not happening (other then from you), I'd say your totally in the wrong on the subject.


Quote:
There's no shit to cut, unless we are talking about you, you piece of shit.
So much integrity. It's truly overwhelming.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
kael03 (02-10-2012), Mal (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), xxMESTxx (02-10-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.