Santorum: declaring war on heavy metal - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 02-10-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,719 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Santorum: declaring war on heavy metal

http://tyrannyoftradition.com/2012/0...n-heavy-metal/

Quote:
Rick Santorum has been on the offensive lately, but his target has not been Republican frontrunner Mitt Romney or even President Barack Obama. For the past week, Santorum has been using his campaign to take aim at an issue he feels to be the single most dangerous force in America today: Satanism in heavy metal. “If you listen to the radio today, many of these brand new, so-called heavy metal music bands like Black Sabbath, Venom, The WASP and Iron Maiden use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people,” announced Santorum at a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop in Valdosta, Georgia on Thursday.

Santorum’s popularity in the polls has grown substantially since he began speaking out against metal and its assault on traditional values. He has spent much of the past week in the Midwest encouraging young people to stay away from metal artists and listen to performers like Michael W. Smith and Pat Boone. In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.”

In the past, Santorum has accused heavy metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981, 9/11 and the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill. He stepped up his rhetoric in a speech on Wednesday when he implied that heavy metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.

It’s probably not a coincidence that since he began his crusade against metal that his poll numbers have been surging upwards. Picking out a small and unique group, singling them out as “other” and using them to frighten the masses is a proud tradition in American politics. However, many commentators believe that his call for metal internment camps goes too far. Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song.

In response to Santorum’s metal onslaught, Mitt Romney officially denounced his earlier position of “tolerance towards all fans of extreme music”. This, in spite of the fact that GWAR played his inauguration as governor of Massachusetts back in 2003. But things have changed since 2003 and embracing heavy metal music is about as popular selling baby organs on Ebay or clubbing seals. Romney will need to begin pretending to be something else if he plans on facing Obama in the general election in November.
Anyone else find humor in this idiot claiming Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are "brand new"?
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012), Domagoj (03-06-2012), kluang (02-10-2012), Miburo (02-10-2012), Numinous (02-12-2012), OG (02-11-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-11-2012), xxMESTxx (02-11-2012)

Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #2
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Santorum: declaring war on heavy metal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Anyone else find humor in this idiot claiming Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden are "brand new"?
Exactly what I thought after reading first paragraph. Then I thought people that would vote for any of the republican nominees are the actual biggest threats to America. Then I thought about how it's impossible to tell the difference between the crazy shit these guys actually believe and a parody, like some sort of poe law thing.

And then I thought about Crazy Window Washer Guy at work the other day talking about politics and he was ranting about how crazy that Newt Gingrich douche is. Which is funny because Crazy Window Washer Guy is also pretty crazy. And it got even funnier because he was saying to me "How does President Gingrich sound to you?" And I'm like "Holy shit, horrible beyond words." And he's all like "fuck yeah" or some shit. Then some dude comes into the store and Crazy Window Washer Guy asks him "How does President Gingrich sound to you?" And the dude is like "I love the sound of that, it would be fantastic." And Crazy Window Washer Guy and I are all like shaking our heads in disgust and shit. Basically, it was the first time I ever wanted to give Crazy Window Washer Guy a Brofist. He's usually just crazy annoying.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012), Domagoj (03-06-2012), kael03 (02-11-2012), kluang (02-10-2012), Mal (02-11-2012), Numinous (02-12-2012), Spiegel (02-11-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-11-2012), UchihaTaijiya (05-29-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

What...the...fuck. Heavy metal causing lactose intolerance AND 9/11.

Oh and GWAR played at Romneys' gubernatorial inauguration? I suddenly like him just a slight bit more.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-10-2012), Numinous (02-12-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Same time post. Pretty awesome.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-10-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 07:57 PM   #5
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
Oh and GWAR played at Romneys' gubernatorial inauguration? I suddenly like him just a slight bit more.
And then you realize he's a fanatical mormon that is just as bad as the rest of the nominees minus Ron Paul (the only republican I would ever willingly vote for).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-10-2012), xxMESTxx (02-11-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
...the single most dangerous force in America today: Satanism in heavy metal.
Never mind drugs, gangs, hate groups, politicians, child molesters, rapists, lobbyists, Republican nominees...

Quote:
“...use satanic imagery to corrupt the minds of young people..."
Not like radical Christian churches have done the same thing to young people.

Quote:
...a 10,000 dollar a plate sock-hop...
Because I can relate to a man who spends ten grand all willy-nilly.

Quote:
He has spent much of the past week in the Midwest encouraging young people to stay away from metal artists and listen to performers like Michael W. Smith and Pat Boone.
I'm making a note to specifically avoid Michael W. Smith and Pat Boone.

Quote:
In a recent Gallup Poll, 87 percent of Republican voters think that the biggest problem in America today is “the demented bloodlust of teenagers caused entirely by heavy metal music.”
Eighty-seven percent of Republican voters are insane.

Quote:
In the past, Santorum has accused heavy metal of being the cause of some of the worst crimes in American history including the attempt on the life of Ronald Reagan in 1981...
Or, you know, a man having a serious hard-on for Jodie Foster.

Quote:
...9/11...
...What.

Quote:
...the passage of Obama’s Health Care Bill.
Because when I think "Black Sabbath," I think of affordable healthcare for the common man.

Quote:
...he implied that heavy metal is the cause of many forms of mental illness as well as lactose intolerance.
It's times like these that I wish I was an alcoholic.

Quote:
...to frighten the masses is a proud tradition in American politics.
America, FUCK YEAH!

Quote:
Santorum has openly advocated the forced re-education of metalheads. They would be forced to endure 30 days of non-stop “values based” music that promotes the American way of life as well as the free market. In order to leave, they will have to sing the chorus to at least one Celine Dion song.
This man needs to be tried and convicted for conspiracy to commit crimes against humanity.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:15 PM   #7
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Fuck yeah@ above post.

Quote:
And then you realize he's a fanatical mormon that is just as bad as the rest of the nominees minus Ron Paul (the only republican I would ever willingly vote for).
I said a slight bit.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2012), xxMESTxx (02-11-2012)
Old 02-10-2012, 10:54 PM   #8
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Are any of you Republicans? Because I laugh at your party quite regularly.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-11-2012), Mal (02-11-2012), Miburo (02-11-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #9
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

I am not. I like to class myself in the party of "Path of least stupidity"
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 01:58 AM   #10
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I don't know how anyone could be a Republican these days. I mean... Fuck, look at them.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:15 AM   #11
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Romney seems to me to be the most level-headed candidate, at least since Huntsman dropped out (relatively speaking, of course). Ron Paul has several good ideas, but at least a few that I think would be incredibly damaging to the US.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

if he comes after pokemans, o hell no
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-11-2012), Demi-God (02-11-2012), Miburo (02-11-2012), Numinous (02-12-2012), Spiegel (02-11-2012), UchihaTaijiya (05-29-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 02:11 PM   #13
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Romney seems to me to be the most level-headed candidate, at least since Huntsman dropped out (relatively speaking, of course). Ron Paul has several good ideas, but at least a few that I think would be incredibly damaging to the US.
Really? Romney comes off as such a joke to me. I really kind of despise all the nominees this time, not one of them makes me want them to run this country, I actually worry if some do. I do like some of Paul's ideas, but him being president would be a pretty big gamble, in my opinion his plan for presidency could either be exactly what this country needs, or it could not even work and end up, like you said, incredibly damaging the US.

Also, this dude sounds like a complete nut case. I would understand it more if he had a vendetta against like, all kinds of rock, rap, hip hop and shit. This dude has a serious grudge against metal. The things he says in that article are kind of insane. I think we should come up with idiot internment camps for all the assholes like him. It would at least be more beneficial than locking people up for listening to metal.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 02-11-2012 at 02:18 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-11-2012), kael03 (02-11-2012), Miburo (02-11-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 07:10 PM   #14
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
if he comes after pokemans, o hell no
Let's hope it doesn't come to that. Hell would surely be raised (pun intended) if that were to happen.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2012), Numinous (02-12-2012), OG (02-12-2012)
Old 02-11-2012, 08:07 PM   #15
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Really? Romney comes off as such a joke to me. I really kind of despise all the nominees this time, not one of them makes me want them to run this country, I actually worry if some do. I do like some of Paul's ideas, but him being president would be a pretty big gamble, in my opinion his plan for presidency could either be exactly what this country needs, or it could not even work and end up, like you said, incredibly damaging the US.
Did you miss the "relatively speaking?" Of the circus of current candidates, Romney and Huntsman were at least not outright ridiculous on most issues. Compare anything Romney has said to Gingrich's goal to build a permanent lunar colony by 2020 and tell me his policies and ideas aren't relatively more grounded.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-11-2012)