One Piece 657 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One Piece 657

Quote:
It's just a comic book. Going for titillation is fine, but when you make it a constant of a character it becomes pointless. It is the difference between Nami never wearing a shirt and Robin disrobing because the world is on fire.
When I said who would complain I meant among the SHs. Luffy/Zoro/Usopp/Robin and Chopper don't care, Sanji and Brook are perverts and Franky wears a speedo year round. Nami wearing a bikini top all the time is nothing out of character among this crew.

I do agree with the pointless ecchi, OP doesn't need that.
Quote:
other introductions that may or may not mean anything. They are fast introductions and may just fall by the wayside if nothing is done with them.
This is Oda, he doesn't do pointless introductions.

Quote:
The new Head of the marines is the Lava Ex-Admiral (( Akainu ? Sorry bad with names today :P )) we've all seen the drastic measures that he will go to for Absoulte Justice, breeding an army of giants seems like childs play for him in my books.
I doubt he is involved with w/e is going on on PH. The Marines do turn a blind eye to inhumane things the WG does such as the human auction and capturing and enslaving people to build that giant bridge where Robin landed.

I see this as a similar situation.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-15-2012)

Old 02-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #17
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

No One Piece next week.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 09:44 PM   #18
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Unrelated Q: Enel vs Kuzan, who wins?
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #19
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrustaceaN View Post
Unrelated Q: Enel vs Kuzan, who wins?
Enel .
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:41 PM   #20
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

It would be one long fight.

I too give Enel the advantage based purely on their skill set, but should Enel try and engage Aokiji in close combat he would die. His best bet would be staying far away and wearing Aokiji down with long range El thor attacks.

Both are ridiculously fast, but Enel can cover a lot more ground with his lightning form than Aokiji can with Soru.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:51 PM   #21
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Enel was before I started watching, but I looked into him because he was lightning and I always wanted to see a lightning logi.

I wonder how he was defeated though, wasn't he a/considered a god??
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:51 AM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
I wonder how he was defeated though, wasn't he a/considered a god??
He thought himself a god, no one else did.

He was defeated for several reasons.

- Luffy was the his natural counter being made of rubber
- Enel had no idea what rubber was ( there is none in the white sea ) so he didn't know how to counter it properly
- Enel was outclassed in close combat and strength, but he really had no choice since lightning attacks don't work on Luffy.

With that said Enel didn't go down without a fight, and his mantra was a bitch to counter. He and Rayleigh are the only ones so far with the capability of spreading their CoA on a massive level. ( Both can sense things across entire islands )
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Scientia (02-17-2012), Senkradlol (02-17-2012)
Old 02-17-2012, 06:47 AM   #23
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
With that said Enel didn't go down without a fight, and his mantra was a bitch to counter. He and Rayleigh are the only ones so far with the capability of spreading their CoA on a massive level. ( Both can sense things across entire islands )
Just to note, he used his logia to enhance it.

Also, a lil fun fact, Oda said that if he were to descend to the blue sea (normal, non-sky sea) his bounty could reach as high as 500mil, and added (since it was part of the question he answered) that he wouldn't rule it.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Scientia (02-17-2012)
Old 02-17-2012, 08:28 AM   #24
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
Just to note, he used his logia to enhance it.

Also, a lil fun fact, Oda said that if he were to descend to the blue sea (normal, non-sky sea) his bounty could reach as high as 500mil, and added (since it was part of the question he answered) that he wouldn't rule it.
Additionally I never read Skypiea arc in manga, but in anime after Luffy rings the bell, Dude creeps away, he pursued nobody, and nobody pursued him, he went to someplace with 'Endless Vearth'. Therefore to my knowledge (may be wrong, i could accept that), Dude never died, there wasn't anyone strong enough to kill him, not even Luffy from what I saw, remember this was Luffy BEFORE CP-9.

I assumed he'd show up eventually again at some point in the Blue Sea, and that he'd have some knowledge/new hax/new crew that would counteract/negate Luf's Rubber Man Abilities.

His sheer power with Lightnening was God Like.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 02-17-2012 at 08:30 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #25
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The possibility of Enel returning is actually a good one. Lots of characters have come back after their defeat at the hands of the SHs, and all of them had mini arcs on the cover pages.

Buggy, Croc, Mr.3, Bon Clay and mr. 1 all had mini arcs and then came back into the story and were made relevant. I expect to see Wapol in Reverie now that he has risen to royalty again, and Enel obviously discovered something on the moon that could be important to the story.

Some have theorized that he will control Uranus at some point, but only time will tell.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:50 AM   #26
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

I give Kuzan the advantage.
He has Busoshoku, and Lightning can't pass through Ice like Magma would.
Enel wouldn't be able to last 10 days against someone who has superior Speed and Combat Skills than Luffy.
Considering that Kuzan was a former VA, I say there is high probability that he had Kenbunshoku as well and possibly Rokushiki.
To put it simply, Enel can't touch Kuzan but Kuzan can touch Enel.

Chapter Topic: Question - Are these related somehow?

We all know that Oars was bigger than a Giant, so what your thoughts on these images??

Last edited by CrustaceaN; 02-19-2012 at 12:56 AM.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 05:56 AM   #27
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
He has Busoshoku
Enel can simply stay away.
Quote:
and Lightning can't pass through Ice like Magma would.
Regular lightning ? No. Enel's lightning ? Yes.

Even his casual El Thors can vaporize tons of rock.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...0/c276/14.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...0/c276/15.html

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...0/c279/10.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...0/c279/11.html

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...6/c241/12.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_pi...6/c241/15.html
Quote:
Enel wouldn't be able to last 10 days against someone who has superior Speed and Combat Skills than Luffy.
Enel has the tools to beat Aokiji without getting into close combat. He has the traveling speed and range advantage, not to mention Aokiji isn't rubber ( he is ice, so along with the heat property of Enel's lightning the high voltage should have some effect as well ) so he won't be able to shrug off Enel's attacks like Luffy did.

Quote:
Considering that Kuzan was a former VA, I say there is high probability that he had Kenbunshoku as well and possibly Rokushiki.
Enel's CoO is one of the best in the manga, Island range. Aokiji has no feats to compete in that department. Rokushiki is great and all but it won't do any good if Enel doesn't come close.

Quote:
To put it simply, Enel can't touch Kuzan but Kuzan can touch Enel.
Actually, given their skill sets it's the other way around. Aokiji would absolutely wreck Enel in a close range fight, but Enel can cover miles in an instant in his lightning form ( shot across Upper yard in an instant ) and he can rain down El Thors from that distance as well.

Since Logia DFs can seemingly produce infinite amounts of their elements this will boil down to a stamina fight. Aokiji has the feats behind him with his fight with Akainu, but Enel is a different animal all together.

If he keeps his distance and launch pin point attacks I believe he can win.

------------------------------------------------------

@ the giant pictures.

Maybe. There is a race of giant giants, that has already been confirmed ( Oars, Oars Jr. and San Juan ). As for how the giant skull fits into all of this, I think it belonged to a giant parent trying to rescue a child in PH.

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-19-2012 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #28
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Enel is very good at adapting to disadvantageous situations and exceeding them. Luffy is rubber? Since electricity doesn't work, turn staff into a trident and heat it up with electricity to burn him.

Enel is also a master at using his kenbunshoku haki, even if Aokiji were to fight him at close range Enel would still have some advantage. But Aokiji has lots of experience with logia users and his fight with Akainu and the fact that they were almost evenly matched is testament to his level of strength and skill. It'd definitely be a close fight. Enel to me seems to have a slight upper hand and could possibly win it.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 11:24 AM   #29
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
even if Aokiji were to fight him at close range Enel would still have some advantage.
Not really.

Aokiji took down the M3 with ease, and he has better combat feats than Enel. On top of that Enel doesn't have CoA while Aokiji does, so a close combat scenario would spell death for Enel.

His best bet is to use his lightning teleportation, stay at a distance and pin point Aokiji with CoO. From then on it's all about landing El thors.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:29 PM   #30
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Some thoughts on both.
Aokiji has been in various places all over tha grand line and doesn't need a ship he can travel by bicycle. Whereas Enel has only been to at least 2 Sky Islands. I'm thinking Enel is more powerful in the clouds vs. On tha water. I do believe that lightning pwns ice and I don't know how Aokiji could connect with ice time.. Also his Enels haki sensory is retarded he would know everything before it happened.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote