Games and all things related - Page 168 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #2506
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold
Re: Games and all things related

Part of me wants to buy the game, and set a week aside to play through all three over spring break. I'll probably get some enjoyment out of it, even if the series has wasted any potential it started with.

On the other hand, another part of me wants to buy the MGS HD Collection instead, and relive two games which are actually really fucking good. Yes, even MGS2.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-15-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012)

Old 02-15-2012, 10:22 PM   #2507
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Downloading ME3 demo now.

Highly recommend MGS HD Collection. Only game where I opted for the collector's edition. It took me a bit to get used to the controls on MGS2, since they're not updated or anything. But goddamn, great fucking games. Even Peace Walker is very enjoyable, especially if you have someone to play it with. Not really a huge fan of the story. But I liked the presentation and game play.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-15-2012 at 10:25 PM.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:52 AM   #2508
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i still have mass effect 1 and 2 to play through, but im going through fallout new vegas now soooo <.<

also i tried out everquest 2. graphics arent as good as some other f2p like perfect world, but theyre ok. combat is a bit better though since they have comboz as an individual and "hero" combos which u execute as a team. still a n00b at the game though so lol

Last edited by OG; 02-16-2012 at 12:55 AM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-16-2012), Miburo (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #2509
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Not really a huge fan of the story.
What didn't you like about it? I thought it was awesome. But I've only played it once. I usually catch a lot of things that I missed out on beforehand when I go through shit twice and that usually changes my like for it. Also could just be that I liked seeing Big Boss rolling around and fighting/chasing down sliding/rolling tank-robot things and thus the story went right over my head and I just thought it was cool anyway. But yeah, I thought it was pretty cool first time around. Something about nuclear deterrence and freeing a country and then a super double secret scheme with getting Big Boss to join the patriots or just keeping an eye on him or something. And then it ended with Big Boss basically starting to establish outer heaven Or wait, the establishing of it was slightly before the actual super secret DOUBLE scheme, but it was after the super secret scheme, at least.

I'm not entirely sure why Big Boss said The Boss betrayed him. I was thinking it had to do with not fighting the government like he was, but shouldn't he have realized that way, way before? Why'd it take this entire game?

Also, I played Mass Erect, the first, one time a long time ago when I was younger as fuck. I got lost right in the beginning and haven't played it since.
Old 02-16-2012, 09:22 AM   #2510
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

I'd buy the collector's edition of MGS:HD, but here in the UK the only way I seem to be able to get it is through Zavvi, who offer this limited edition Steelbook edition, plus a t-shirt and the 250-page artbook. I'd get it for the artbook, if it wasn't like, twice the price.

Man, I fucking hate video games. Why couldn't I have a nice, cheap hobby, like meth or Fabergé eggs.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-16-2012), manta (02-16-2012), Miburo (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 09:49 AM   #2511
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I agree, was gonna buy Undisputed 3 but it's best to wait for ZoE HD, and since THQ is going under I think the price would drop fast. Goddamn we need Steam for consoles...

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #2512
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
What didn't you like about it?
I think the biggest thing was the bosses. The fighting itself wasn't bad or anything, but the AI robots obviously lack depth compared to the human bosses of the other games. They just can't compare to the uniqueness of Psycho Mantis or The End, and don't provide the same emotional aspect that nearly all the human bosses did. Especially the whole ending of MGS 3 with The Boss. But nothing compares to that, so that's okay.

Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate the story or anything. And there were some cool parts. Art was nice too, I thought. And the boss battles themselves were fun. I thought it was the coolest shit ever when I was playing with my BRO and the Peace Walker went to try and crush me with it's robot leg thing, then an X or something pops up at the bottom of my screen, so I hit that shit and catch the goddamn leg like some manly hero while Master Miller calls me a total badass.

Though, I haven't played through the game like 50 times like I did with all the other MGS games. So I don't really remember everything that happened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
I'd buy the collector's edition of MGS:HD, but here in the UK the only way I seem to be able to get it is through Zavvi, who offer this limited edition Steelbook edition, plus a t-shirt and the 250-page artbook. I'd get it for the artbook, if it wasn't like, twice the price.

Man, I fucking hate video games. Why couldn't I have a nice, cheap hobby, like meth or Fabergé eggs.
Ah, fuck. I forgot that Euroland gets different shit than we do over here. The collector's edition was only 10 bucks more, the price of a normal game. I wouldn't get it if it was double the price. Well, maybe I would. It is fucking METAL GEAR.

And oh shit, forgot about ZoE HD. Definitely getting that.

Edit: Was just watching some stuff about that Dragon's Dogma game. Maybe I'm just a weird dude or some shit, but I think that game looks great. Actually pretty pumped about it.

Last edited by Miburo; 02-16-2012 at 10:40 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:06 AM   #2513
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Dragon's Dogma is really, really interesting. I remember them announcing something at TGS like downloadable Berserk armour or some shit.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:36 PM   #2514
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
i had to google that lol

theyre pwetty
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 01:54 PM   #2515
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Ah yes, MGS:HD. Going to have look out for that so I can stop being such a loser. Won't have played the original, but figure it'll make up for most of it.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM   #2516
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

If you get a chance to play the original, I recommend it. It's a stone classic, still holds up today in my opinion.

Also, does anyone with the HD Collection know if it contains the original MSX Metal Gear 1 + 2? I'd like to play those.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-16-2012), Miburo (02-16-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #2517
manta
No Leaf Clover

Thanked 1,356 Times in 702 Posts
manta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enoughmanta will become famous soon enough

I had the original cartridge of I think Metal Gear 2 (the one he starts parachuting to a jungle and Big Boss begins talking to Snake) Goddamn what a frustrating game I think I got as far as 4 screen changes. Damn dogs...

manta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to manta For This Useful Post:
Miburo (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012), Shrike (02-19-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 05:51 PM   #2518
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

If you played one where he parachutes into the jungle, it's probably not the true Metal Gear. It'll be the NES version, where Konami America basically wrote their own script instead of translating the moonrunes. They also inexplicably changed the main boss of the game from Metal Gear to a supercomputer, if I remember right. Pretty standard practice for foreign vidya gaems in those days.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-16-2012), manta (02-17-2012), Miburo (02-16-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012), Shrike (02-19-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #2519
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Quote:
Also, does anyone with the HD Collection know if it contains the original MSX Metal Gear 1 + 2? I'd like to play those.
Yep, they're in with the MGS3 specials.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (02-16-2012), manta (02-17-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012), Shrike (02-19-2012)
Old 02-16-2012, 07:09 PM   #2520
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Sweet. I'm gonna try and be a man, and beat Metal Gear, then 2, then MGS 1, 2 and 3.

Not sure whether I'll play Twin Snakes or the original MGS for 1. Probably the original.

And I'll probably play MGS4 when PS3 emulation becomes viable. In like 2030 or whatever.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-16-2012), manta (02-17-2012), Scientia (02-16-2012), Shrike (02-19-2012)