One Piece 657 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 02-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #31
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece 657

Some thoughts on both.
Aokiji has been in various places all over tha grand line and doesn't need a ship he can travel by bicycle. Whereas Enel has only been to at least 2 Sky Islands. I'm thinking Enel is more powerful in the clouds vs. On tha water. I do believe that lightning pwns ice and I don't know how Aokiji could connect with ice time.. Also his Enels haki sensory is retarded he would know everything before it happened.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #32
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

What episode do the Enel fights start? Would like to watch them
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #33
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Enel has a few skirmishes here and there, but you can watch the main even here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QVKTb0sfQc

Edit: That one has no subs but it cuts to the fighting, if you want to see it all it starts right here.

http://www1.watchop.com/watch/one-pi...nglish-subbed/

Last edited by Dagoro; 02-19-2012 at 07:19 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-19-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #34
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure why, but I can't stand to watch old one piece..it just looks so bad to me
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #35
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I can see why.

I think it's one of the reasons people turn away from OP if they start at the very beginning. The animation is outdated, so those that have only been exposed to today's standards won't like it.

Which is why I always recommend the manga over the anime, though Toei does get it right once in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNTsl...layer_embedded
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02hlA...eature=related
Old 02-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #36
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Weird, because I'm a fan of the old One Piece animation style. Though I'm a fan f old animation style period like from series such as Slayers, Ranma 1/2, Robotech, Getter Robo, Cutie Honey, Captain Harklock, Dragonball, and so on.

Though my favorite animation period for One Piece would probably have to be between Drum Island and Water 7/Enies Lobby arcs.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #37
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Enies Lobby was great. Lucci vs Luffy is still my favorite fight in the anime till this day, followed by Luffy vs Croc and Usopp vs Perona.

I also loved Sanji delivering a mutton shot to Kuroobi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBtbpfpkhfQ
Old 02-20-2012, 05:54 PM   #38
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Fav fights in One Piece

Luffy vs. Arlong
Luffy vs. Lucci
Luffy vs. Enel final battle (ring tha bell)
Zoro vs. Kuma (Zoro accepts Luffy's pain, even though Sanji wanted it)
Marineford War (Tha Whole Fucking Thing, Aokiji's reaction to Luffy's Conquerer's Haki...Priceless)
Luffy vs. Usopp
*Honorable Mention: When Luffy was damaged from the battle with Magellan, Bon Clay, I gotta say, I FUCKS WITH THIS FAG! HE WAS THA SHIT. I WISH HIS ASS COULD ONE DAY BECOME A STRAWHAT!

'MUGICHAAA!!!!!! GAMBATTEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOO'

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 02-20-2012 at 08:58 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:37 AM   #39
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Big fan of Bon Clay...his antics certainly would make him a proper fit along side the straw hats... Have to agree

So many fights to rate the best...

Luffy Vs. Lucci
Luffy vs Magellan (spelling)
Luffy and the War at Marineford
Luffy vs Enel
Luffy vs Crocodile
SH vs Admirals (whole Tree island arc) including Kuma and after Kuma SH split

One Piece offers big epic fights almost always...every chapter you get some solid action if not some supreme humor...some ways it can compare..many other ways it dominates other mangas...
apacolypz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:52 AM   #40
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Fighting is about to get a lot better in this second half.

All the SHs have been introduced, given back stories and gotten resolutions. Now they can just look forward and focus on their goals.

Look at all the enemies we have to look forward to:

- The other 9 supernova
- Croc and Daz Bones
- Smoker's gang
- 2 Youkon and their subordinates
- The admirals
- Potentially the new SB and the old that kept their seats ( Really want to see Don Flamingo fight )
- World government related enemies. ( New Pacifista models have been hinted )
- The BB pirates
- Enel might come back

And individual enemies in different islands.

- Wano ( The Samurai )
- Elbaf ( The giants )
- Punk Hazard ( Any fantasy creature you can think off is a possibility )

And others that I can't even think of. On top of it all we have Dragon and the revolutionary army, and going by the few hints we have on his power it should be ridiculously epic. Shanks hasn't fought yet, and the WB remain under Marco's command possibly.

Lots of epic to look forward to.
Old 02-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #41
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

There is also the possibility of Moria resurfacing with a potential army of zombies to get back the WG and Doflamingo.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #42
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Fighting is about to get a lot better in this second half.

All the SHs have been introduced, given back stories and gotten resolutions. Now they can just look forward and focus on their goals.

Look at all the enemies we have to look forward to:

- The other 9 supernova
- Croc and Daz Bones
- Smoker's gang
- 2 Youkon and their subordinates
- The admirals
- Potentially the new SB and the old that kept their seats ( Really want to see Don Flamingo fight )
- World government related enemies. ( New Pacifista models have been hinted )
- The BB pirates
- Enel might come back

And individual enemies in different islands.

- Wano ( The Samurai )
- Elbaf ( The giants )
- Punk Hazard ( Any fantasy creature you can think off is a possibility )

And others that I can't even think of. On top of it all we have Dragon and the revolutionary army, and going by the few hints we have on his power it should be ridiculously epic. Shanks hasn't fought yet, and the WB remain under Marco's command possibly.

Lots of epic to look forward to.
These. Bolded speaks volumes.

Side note, Croc, I respect him, but because I'm a Luffy Fanatic, I don't roll with him till we have to and Monkey D. says so like at Impel Downs/Marinford. Somehow I got this, I can't like this Dude implanted unconsiously. Now Blackbeard would be the same for me but his powers are so FUCKING INSANELY HAXED, DARKNESS FRUIT ABILITIES, AND TREMOR TREMOR, he basically makes you acknowledge, and respect him. Kinda like Aizen, but he scurries away like a scared rat at least twice i've seen. To be so powerful, that I didn't get. Too bad he'll be tha one to off Shanks I'm guessing early, to bring us closer to an actual battle between Luffy & BB, not a skirmish, a real fight. Hmmm could that mean by some means by this time BB will be allied with the World Government and acting as they're sword? Whitebeard said that there will be a war with the entire world included, im assuming Dragon D. & Monkey D. and all of they're allies will be facing off against BB and his crew that being said.

I speak 4 languages...

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 02-21-2012 at 07:56 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #43
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

I got them to finally make this section..woot

Last edited by SirBenoit; 02-22-2012 at 03:24 PM.
SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SirBenoit For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (02-22-2012), NeoKakarott023 (02-22-2012), Tmoore (02-22-2012)