Games and all things related - Page 170 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 02-23-2012, 12:37 AM   #2536
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,136 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Games and all things related

I'm not big on Borderlands (was kind of fun when I played bro-op with some fools, but it lost its luster after a while {and the end boss was lame}), but I'll admit that the trailer piqued my interest. Still probably not gonna get it, though.

Old 02-23-2012, 06:13 AM   #2537
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

End boss was indeed outrageously lame, but I don't particularly care about things like that with games that are so co-op focused.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #2538
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

The bosses in the DLC packs were a lot better than the main game's. Knoxx and MINAC especially, because CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW is a cheap bastard no matter how you look at it. Goddamn maggots.

EDIT: IGN has made all of its character preview articles now:

http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219414p1.html Zer0
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219322p1.html Maya
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1215312p1.html Salvador
http://pc.ign.com/articles/121/1219370p1.html Axton

Maya and Zer0 look amazing, Sal still seems awesome, and Axton has good potential. I just hope Axton gets enough personality to stand out among the other three.

Last edited by AOTKorby; 02-25-2012 at 03:17 PM.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (02-26-2012), OG (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 04:35 AM   #2539
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I'll be playing Axton first, though I'm planning on finishing it with all 4 of them.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/02/25/po...dses-this-jun/

Black and White 2. Sequels... direct, sequels. I don't know but I'll buy it out of curiosity. Which reminds me I need to finish Pokemon White.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:54 AM   #2540
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Still haven't finished Black. Have all the gym badges, forgot what to do next.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #2541
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

I think I defeated the little bastard guy, not sure if I actually carried on playing to head to the elite four.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 01:04 PM   #2542
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I actually have no idea where I am, the only Pokemon I remember having my 6 is Petilil 'cause it was adorable and powerful. I'm either going to have to skim the walkthrough quickly to remember my steps and then carry on or start a new game.

While I loved the game, this is the only Pokemon game I haven't finished straight away during my first playthrough.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 02:22 PM   #2543
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Eh, it's alright. At this point, it's just Pokemon. The series hasn't innovated like, ever.

I found the idea of "dialogue choices" in the game hilarious. I kept saying to people that I didn't want to save the world. The game wouldn't let me continue until I said I would.

Fucking bullshit.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
ACt (02-26-2012), Scientia (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 02:33 PM   #2544
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Wait wait wait - save the world? I thought the whole point of Pokemon, and I admit to never having played these games ever, was to capture strange and wonderful wild animals, hold them in captivity and slavery against their will until they accept your rule and then force them to battle to the death against other once-wild-now-captive animals that do the bidding for someone else.

Have I been lied to?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Scientia (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 05:07 PM   #2545
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Black and White actually try to explore the concept of ownership. The Team Rocket substitute in the game are trying to free Pokemon from their trainers as like, a kind of animal liberation thing. The main antagonist captures this godlike Pokemon in order to permanently separate people and Pokemon, and you have to stop him.

It's an interesting setup, but it's not dealt with very well, as you can imagine.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (02-27-2012), Scientia (02-26-2012)
Old 02-26-2012, 05:48 PM   #2546
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I found it as patronising as the first movie where everyone cries to stop animals from fighting too hard.

Also that ferris wheel part, what the fuck.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #2547
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind

Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men View Post
Yeah, I found it as patronising as the first movie where everyone cries to stop animals from fighting too hard.

Also that ferris wheel part, what the fuck.
Thank 4Kids for that bullshit, originally it was about pokemon racis--I mean elitism.

Black and White's plot, I mean it's not on the level with most other *good* RPGs, but it's leaps and bounds ahead of pretty much any other Pokemon game.

I'm not sure what you mean about the Ferris Wheel, you mean the part where you have to go on or the optional rides? Because riding the Ferris Wheel with the flaming Hiker NPC is awkward as fuck.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 AM   #2548
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

I'm assuming he means the part where you have a conversation with N on a ferris wheel for no apparent reason.

That part was pretty retarded.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:43 PM   #2549
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Yeah, that whole thing.

It annoyed as there wasn't even a pokemon battle included. I know they were trying to tell a more complex story than they usually come up with, but that doesn't mean that long-winded pointless scenes are necessary.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #2550
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

There was a battle afterwards, wasn't there?

I only think I remember one because he had a Sigilyph that would not. fucking. die.