Jesus, not the first - Page 20 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Indepth Interests > Debates Section > Conspiracy Theories

Conspiracy Theories Talk about your theories here.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #286
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Yes, because that would only serves as a study of the evolution of religions. You can only find a "thread of truth" considering the facts and evidence, not the myths that are common between religions.
that's an impossible task.. how can one find evidence in things that require faith ... or something that can't be proven.. faith by its very nature is belief in something that isn't concrete or there would be no discrepancies about the nature of God or if there even is one wouldn't be a question if there was evidence

Now what i was getting at is that each religion leaves behind writings or literary evidence and comparing various ones I found certain themes .

I've always held the belief that if you hear the same thign over and over again form various people who have no need to collaborate then there "might" be some truth in what they say.

An Atheist Professor of Philosophy was speaking to ...his Class on the Problem Science has with GOD, the ALMIGHTY. He asked one of his New Christian Students to stand and . . ....

Professor : You are a Christian, aren't you, son ?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, you Believe in GOD ?

Student : Absolutely, sir.

Professor: Is GOD Good ?

Student : Sure.

Professor: Is GOD ALL - POWERFUL ?

Student : Yes.

Professor: My Brother died of Cancer even though he Prayed to GOD to Heal him.

Most of us would attempt to help others who are ill.

But GOD didn't. How is this GOD good then? Hmm?

(Student was silent )

Professor: You can't answer, can you ? Let's start again, Young Fella.

Is GOD Good?

Student : Yes.

Professor: Is Satan good ?

Student : No.

Professor: Where does Satan come from ?

Student : From . . . GOD . . .

Professor: That's right. Tell me son, is there evil in this World?

Student : Yes.

Professor: Evil is everywhere, isn't it ? And GOD did make everything. Correct?

Student : Yes.

Professor: So who created evil ?

(Student did not answer)

Professor: Is there Sickness? Immorality? Hatred? Ugliness?

All these terrible things exist in the World, don't they?

Student : Yes, sir.

Professor: So, who Created them ?

(Student had no answer)

Professor: Science says you have 5 Senses you use to Identify and Observe the World around you.

Tell me, son . . . Have you ever Seen GOD?

Student : No, sir.

Professor: Tell us if you have ever Heard your GOD?

Student : No , sir.

Professor: Have you ever Felt your GOD, Tasted your GOD, Smelt your GOD?

Have you ever had any Sensory Perception of GOD for that matter?

Student : No, sir. I'm afraid I haven't.

Professor: Yet you still Believe in HIM?

Student : Yes.

Professor : According to Empirical, Testable, Demonstrable Protocol,

Science says your GOD doesn't exist. What do you say to that, son?

Student : Nothing. I only have my Faith.

Professor: Yes,Faith. And that is the Problem Science has.

Student : Professor, is there such a thing as Heat?

Professor: Yes.

Student : And is there such a thing as Cold?

Professor: Yes.

Student : No, sir. There isn't.

(The Lecture Theatre became very quiet with this turn of events )

Student : Sir, you can have Lots of Heat, even More Heat, Superheat, Mega Heat, White Heat,

a Little Heat or No Heat.

But we don't have anything called Cold.

We can hit 458 Degrees below Zero which is No Heat, but we can't go any further after that.

There is no such thing as Cold.

Cold is only a Word we use to describe the Absence of Heat.

We cannot Measure Cold.

Heat is Energy.

Cold is Not the Opposite of Heat, sir, just the Absence of it.

(There was Pin-Drop Silence in the Lecture Theatre )

Student : What about Darkness, Professor? Is there such a thing as Darkness?

Professor: Yes. What is Night if there isn't Darkness?

Student : You're wrong again, sir.

Darkness is the Absence of Something

You can have Low Light, Normal Light, Bright Light, Flashing Light . . .

But if you have No Light constantly, you have nothing and its called Darkness, isn't it?

In reality, Darkness isn't.

If it is, were you would be able to make Darkness Darker, wouldn't you?

Professor: So what is the point you are making, Young Man ?

Student : Sir, my point is your Philosophical Premise is flawed.

Professor: Flawed ? Can you explain how?

Student : Sir, you are working on the Premise of Duality.

You argue there is Life and then there is Death, a Good GOD and a Bad GOD.

You are viewing the Concept of GOD as something finite, something we can measure.

Sir, Science can't even explain a Thought.

It uses Electricity and Magnetism, but has never seen, much less fully understood either one.

To view Death as the Opposite of Life is to be ignorant of the fact that

Death cannot exist as a Substantive Thing.

Death is Not the Opposite of Life: just the Absence of it.

Now tell me, Professor, do you teach your Students that they evolved from a Monkey?

Professor: If you are referring to the Natural Evolutionary Process, yes, of course, I do.

Student : Have you ever observed Evolution with your own eyes, sir?

(The Professor: shook his head with a Smile, beginning to realize where the Argument was going )

Student : Since no one has ever observed the Process of Evolution at work and

Cannot even prove that this Process is an On-Going Endeavor,

Are you not teaching your Opinion, sir?

Are you not a Scientist but a Preacher?

(The Class was in Uproar )

Student : Is there anyone in the Class who has ever seen the Professor's Brain?

(The Class broke out into Laughter )

Student : Is there anyone here who has ever heard the Professor's Brain, Felt it, touched or Smelt it? . . .

No one appears to have done so.

So, according to the Established Rules of Empirical, Stable, Demonstrable Protocol,

Science says that You have No Brain, sir.

With all due respect, sir, how do we then Trust your Lectures, sir?

(The Room was Silent. The Professor stared at the Student, his face unfathomable)

Professor: I guess you'll have to take them on Faith, son.

Student : That is it sir . . . Exactly !

The Link between Man & GOD is FAITH.

That is all that Keeps Things Alive and Moving.

****************************** *******************

That student was Albert Einstein.
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  


Old 03-05-2012, 08:11 PM   #287
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

You are the dumbest sack of flesh that haunts these halls. One - no need to revive this thread. Two - that thing you posted is utter fabrication and NOT anything that Albert Einstein ever said, so please, don't even do that shit here again. Three - it is so contrived and stupid it takes the idea that evidence is pointless and one must witness everything, which is so moronic, I don't even know why I am writing this paragraph.

Maybe it's so you have some evidence of your idiocy. Don't post in this thread again.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-05-2012), Demi-God (03-06-2012), kael03 (03-05-2012), Mal (03-05-2012), Numinous (03-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-07-2012), xxMESTxx (03-09-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 08:58 PM   #288
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
You are the dumbest sack of flesh that haunts these halls. One - no need to revive this thread. Two - that thing you posted is utter fabrication and NOT anything that Albert Einstein ever said, so please, don't even do that shit here again. Three - it is so contrived and stupid it takes the idea that evidence is pointless and one must witness everything, which is so moronic, I don't even know why I am writing this paragraph.

Maybe it's so you have some evidence of your idiocy. Don't post in this thread again.
it was just something floating around facebook today and I felt the urge to share it nothing more or less and I figured it would bring this dead ass section back to life with something for people to harp on

I thought it was an interesting way to debate the issue
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:19 PM   #289
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,723
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

I didn't bother to read it for the simple fact that you posted it. The only way you are able to "revive" any thread is by being yourself and inevitably having everyone else call you a moron for several more posts.
Mal is offline  
Old 03-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #290
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I didn't bother to read it for the simple fact that you posted it. The only way you are able to "revive" any thread is by being yourself and inevitably having everyone else call you a moron for several more posts.
If you didn't read it then what are you commenting on?? Like i told dude I only posted it cause it was something that I saw floating around Facebook and wanted to share it .I knew someone on here would like the challenge of dissecting it and instead of making a thread just for that I posted here since it was the closest related topic I could find..

I thought that was the purpose of the search function and not creating similar threads

the thoughts on cold and darkness not being real were very interesting thoughts which prompted me to post this
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE

Last edited by Human Rasengan; 03-05-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 01:37 AM   #291
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

Cold and Heat are both real. Cold is the lack of heat to the point where it changes your body temp. Is that not real? Is it not possible for your body to lack some needed heat to absorb?

Actually, could I not say "heat is the lack of cold"? Does that then not make heat real? Now that I've defined it that way, you can never actually "measure heat." The reason being is because in reality it's just "lots of cold, a little bit of cold, or no cold. But there's nothing called heat. Cold is no energy. Heat is not the opposite of cold because it is simply the absence of no energy. You cannot measure it."

Something being the absence of something DOES not mean you cannot measure it. I can measure cold by comparing the amount of heat in a room to my own body heat, if it's massively below it, I'm motherfucking cold, because I'm lacking heat - or something similar to that nature. Seriously, the concepts exist for a reason, even if cold is simply a lack of heat, it being defined in that way does not invalidate it's...effect on reality. It just has to be relative to something. Cold = things lack heat = things change. It exists.
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 03-06-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Scientia is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:28 AM   #292
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
Cold and Heat are both real. Cold is the lack of heat to the point where it changes your body temp. Is that not real? Is it not possible for your body to lack some needed heat to absorb?

Actually, could I not say "heat is the lack of cold"? Does that then not make heat real? Now that I've defined it that way, you can never actually "measure heat." The reason being is because in reality it's just "lots of cold, a little bit of cold, or no cold. But there's nothing called heat. Cold is no energy. Heat is not the opposite of cold because it is simply the absence of no energy. You cannot measure it."

Something being the absence of something DOES not mean you cannot measure it. I can measure cold by comparing the amount of heat in a room to my own body heat, if it's massively below it, I'm motherfucking cold, because I'm lacking heat - or something similar to that nature. Seriously, the concepts exist for a reason, even if cold is simply a lack of heat, it being defined in that way does not invalidate it's...effect on reality. It just has to be relative to something. Cold = things lack heat = things change. It exists.
Well I don't know anything about thermophysics or whatever the proper term may be but it struck me odd that there is a low point on the negative scale _ 400 something degrees I think the little dialog said.. don't know how true it is .. but if it is that's interesting that there is a limit to how "cold" something is but not a limit the other direction for heat since you can always add 1 to it
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #293
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,691
Thanks: 4,760
Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
Well I don't know anything about thermophysics or whatever the proper term may be
"Thermodynamics"

Quote:
but it struck me odd that there is a low point on the negative scale _ 400 something degrees I think the little dialog said.. don't know how true it is ..
It's not that odd when you think about "heat" and "cold" in terms of measurable energy from entropy. Entropy is the thermodynamic property that allows us to determine the energy that is NOT available for the thermodynamic process (molecular motion). Absolute zero means that there is no energy available for the thermodynamic process to continue, which is around -460 F. At that point, the thermodynamic process halts, nothing changes.

Quote:
but if it is that's interesting that there is a limit to how "cold" something is but not a limit the other direction for heat since you can always add 1 to it
Read above, the only reason there is a limit to "cold" is because that is the lowest temperature measured where the thermodynamic process does not work, at all. Once something reaches that limit, energy (heat) stops.
kael03 is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Numinous (03-06-2012), Scientia (03-06-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 04:56 AM   #294
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

Absolute Zero, it's the theoretical point where there is absolutely zero heat, and a bunch of other crazy shit. It's never actually been reached before, though.

There is this, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_hot

So there may be a limit to heat. Not that it matters though. Life's not always intuitive. Things that are actually true may strike you as odd all time. Life just doesn't conform to what you think, it's just badass like that.
__________________
Scientia is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #295
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi
 
Human Rasengan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: inside your mom
Posts: 3,345
Thanks: 2,954
Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
Absolute Zero, it's the theoretical point where there is absolutely zero heat, and a bunch of other crazy shit. It's never actually been reached before, though.

There is this, too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_hot

So there may be a limit to heat. Not that it matters though. Life's not always intuitive. Things that are actually true may strike you as odd all time. Life just doesn't conform to what you think, it's just badass like that.
yea life is pretty cool but if this is something that has never been reached before how can we say there is a such thing as absolute zero.. and that link lead me to the TOE page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsolve...ems_in_physics
why even believe in these things that can't be proven .. it's almost like their doing the same thing that religious people do but in the guise of knowledge instead of faith when it's really the same thing .. a belief .. since they can't prove it
__________________
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE

Last edited by Human Rasengan; 03-06-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Human Rasengan is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #296
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

No, seriously. Everyone - shut the fuck up. This discussion is not warranted as the pap arguments offered under the guise of Einstein are just that - pap. Clever words that sound intelligent but at their root are idiocy (derp - never seen your brain and so by scientific protocol, you don't have one, derp).

So stop. Stop posting, stop talking. This thread is useless and I am insulted for all of you that you decided to treat these points as something that needs to be discussed.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline  
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-06-2012), Demi-God (03-06-2012), kael03 (03-06-2012), Numinous (03-06-2012), Scientia (03-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-07-2012), xxMESTxx (03-09-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 08:40 AM   #297
Demi-God
BEST
 
Demi-God's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,327
Thanks: 2,762
Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Jesus, not the first

I can't see Human Rasengan, he does not exist.

Seriously though, I read that when I was like 11 and it was stupid then and more stupid now.
Demi-God is offline  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-06-2012), kael03 (03-06-2012), Numinous (03-06-2012), Scientia (03-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-07-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:42 AM   #298
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Jesus, not the first

I'm laughing at Albert Einstein defending God in high school, he who at the age of 12 became an agnostic atheist (although he denied being an atheist because at the time it had a very negative connotation and was more applied to gnostic atheists) and mocked the concept of having a personal God (like the Abrahamic God).

He believed in God being equal to the substance of existence, though, but I don't know if that counts as theism.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline  
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (03-06-2012), kael03 (03-06-2012), Scientia (03-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-07-2012)
Old 03-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #299
Scientia
Francesca
 
Scientia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 313
Thanks: 1,060
Thanked 207 Times in 126 Posts
Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road
Re: Jesus, not the first

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Clever words that sound intelligent but at their root are idiocy (derp - never seen your brain and so by scientific protocol, you don't have one, derp).
Wait a second, you just said "Intelligent words that sound intelligent."



Think you meant to say something about the way the sentences were worded being clever, but their meanings being stupid.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
So stop. Stop posting, stop talking. This thread is useless and I am insulted for all of you that you decided to treat these points as something that needs to be discussed.
Or, you know, we could be treating these points as something we want to discuss because it's fun. Not every explanation of what heat and cold are is done out of "need for discussion." So shut it, sexy old cranky face.

I know, I have to get a life. =\

Also, I know, it's all semantics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
yea life is pretty cool but if this is something that has never been reached before how can we say there is a such thing as absolute zero..
Just going to copy-paste from a quick, google search. Too lazy to actually substantiate, but the credible proof is out there, I'd wager.

"If you plot the pressure of an enclosed gas on a vertical axis against its temperature on the horizontal scale, you get a straight line slanting upward to the right. That just means that increasing the temperature results in increased pressure.

Now, if you merely extrapolate the line backward to the left (toward lower temperatures) it crosses the horizontal axis at about -273 degrees centigrade, regardless of the gas being measured. That is recognized as the coldest possible temperature, when all motion stops."

So basically if you think of it as a measure energy-entropy, like Kael said.

Physics. It IS theoretical, meaning its a physics theory proven via math/experimentation regarding thermodynamic concepts, and it makes a prediction. But it makes complete logical sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
and that link lead me to the TOE page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_of_everything and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsolve...ems_in_physics
why even believe in these things that can't be proven .. it's almost like their doing the same thing that religious people do but in the guise of knowledge instead of faith when it's really the same thing .. a belief .. since they can't prove it
Theory of Everything HASN't been "solved" yet. It's not actually established as a proper theory. It's basically a goal science wants to reach. Anything that Science "believes" IS backed by proof, otherwise Science will "tell you so.", aka they don't consider it proven/won't call it a theory/fact/ won't "believe it." It even says on that page under "current" or whatever, that there is no actual accepted model, yet. They think breakthroughs may come with dark matter experiments, etc.
__________________

Last edited by Scientia; 03-06-2012 at 09:59 AM.
Scientia is offline  
Old 03-06-2012, 10:06 AM   #300
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Jesus, not the first

Synonyms for the "clever" I used: adroit, cunning, ingenious. No need for them to possess intelligence. And yes, the sentence alluded to the words themsevles being clever when what I was referring to was the use of the words rather than the words themselves. If you weren't busy nitpicking, that would have been obvious - its a literary device. I do that.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Scientia (03-06-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (03-07-2012)
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.