Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 04-12-2012, 04:47 PM   #31
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Need to start reading those damn books.

Also, despite the spelling issue, I lol'ed:

Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-12-2012), kluang (05-30-2012), Mal (05-22-2012), OG (04-17-2012)

Old 04-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #32
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Is that an actual game?

Anyway, Shrike my friend - care for a competition? Let's guess all the sex scenes they plan to insert into the series beyond all the random whores at Littlefinger's. (Which, by the way, was that one of the most blatant examples of fake semen in TV history? I'm sure that woman's mother is proud.)

Anyway, spoilers... no seriously, this humourous post of sex scenes will include significant spoilers. You've been warned.
First guess is that they just would be utterly hard done by NOT to include Rob and his honour wench after the sacking of whatever the place it was. Jeyne was it? Yeah, he'll show him sacking Jeyne.

Next, I figure Melisandre will have sex with Davos' son, which won't be necessary but will happen because it seems she'll want to have sex with anyone.

Last suspision in an utter play to keep viewers, full out uggo and fatty orgy when the Night's Watch turns on Castor.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:13 PM   #33
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Yoren outdid Boromir.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-16-2012), kael03 (04-16-2012)
Old 04-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #34
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

I did like how they actually showed his death instead of it happening off page and Arya finding out later.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 03:13 PM   #35
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Started reading the first book the other day, yeah, I definitely see what all the hype is about =)

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-16-2012), kael03 (04-16-2012)
Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #36
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Episode 3 watched. Much better than Episode 2 and we've yet to go very long without boobs. And there are some nice boobs in this season. ;-)

Really enjoying how they are playing the Arya storyline. Executing it well and moving over some of the unnecessary parts with smart choices.

Not sure I like the emergence of the Tyrells though. Yes, they play the game, but you didn't know how deep they where for a while. Really don't like Loras. I'm fine with the whole gay thing, but he's such a petulant brat what with questioning his king constantly. He's supposed to be a shinning knight dreaming of chivary and they've made him no better than Theon. Terrible.

Rest is fine. They still haven't messed up the Lanisters and Brianne was pretty spot on for her brief screen time.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:31 PM   #37
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Brienne does seem like a great character.

The Tyrells come across as a bit one dimensional, especially Loras, but I think if they were made too important in the screen play I'd be struggling to cope with some many new characters at once. The remaining cast from Season 1 is already huge and now there are the extended Baratheons, the Greyjoys and presumably soon new characters for Daenerys.
It would of course be nice to see more of the Tyrells in greater detail, but as someone who hasn't read the book series it makes more sense for the production to be focussing on the families more directly involved with the war. My brain can handle more characters but I'd like to know the latest set as thoroughly as I got to know the Starks, Lannisters and Baratheons in Season 1. If the Tyrells become much more important later on then this might be a poor choice though.
Old 04-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #38
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Tyrells become more important in season/book 3.

I know it shouldn't bother me, but Tyrion's whore, Shae, doesn't become Sansa's servant until after the first of three wedding's in book 3, so they sped that up by over an entire season. Not a big deal, just something that stood out to me.

I'm currently about 3/4 the way through the 3rd book and all I can say is: holy shit. I can't wait for the next season. I really liked season 1, and so far season 2 as well. To those of you who haven't read the books, I urge you to do so. In the mean time stick out for season 2, it's slow going until about half way or a little there after.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #39
ACt
Heart Wizard

^ I think they are avoiding Alayaya. The TV show can't have every character, but the idea that Sansa only has one handmaid is also a bit suspect.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 AM   #40
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Episode 3 watched. Much better than Episode 2 and we've yet to go very long without boobs. And there are some nice boobs in this season. ;-)
Some, I guess, though I find the vast majority of them fairly underwhelming.

Lol'd at Tyrion's dastardly snitch finding method, I love the character more with every episode.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #41
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Did anyone else think that Joffrey was going to have that septre shoved into the other whore?

Repetitive to be saying this, but Tyrion upsetting his cousin was brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more of Quarth. I definitely like Davos even if Stannis is off character.

I know there are budget limitations, and the episode was good nonetheless, but I would like to see a battle soon (rather than a fade-out). I heard that series two had a 15% higher budget just for a single battle sequence, it better be good.

Oh and the rat thing was completely ripped out of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 04-23-2012 at 11:29 PM.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:55 PM   #42
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Either they decided to add in a scene that wasn't in the book at the end of this episode, or they completely shifted events. The scene with Davos and Mellisandre was actually depicted after Renly was killed.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #43
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzu Men View Post
Did anyone else think that Joffrey was going to have that septre shoved into the other whore?

Repetitive to be saying this, but Tyrion upsetting his cousin was brilliant. Looking forward to seeing more of Quarth. I definitely like Davos even if Stannis is off character.

I know there are budget limitations, and the episode was good nonetheless, but I would like to see a battle soon (rather than a fade-out). I heard that series two had a 15% higher budget just for a single battle sequence, it better be good.

Oh and the rat thing was completely ripped out of Nineteen Eighty-Four.

I thought he was gonna make her shove it in the others butttttt lol

Incestual queen still at it, she only like family. wouldnt surprise me if she went for her son at some pt later on <.<

i want moar dragonz.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #44
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Oh and the rat thing was completely ripped out of Nineteen Eighty-Four
It's not like that novel invented the torture. The rat thing is older then 700 years.

Edit: Oh and I don't like the second season much. Must be because I read the books and this is really starting to get on my nerves with how it shits on it. I like Arya scenes so far though. Really well made.

Last edited by Shrike; 04-27-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Axiom (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 11:22 AM   #45
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
It's not like that novel invented the torture. The rat thing is older then 700 years.
Of course, but it's so associated with the novel now that it would have been wiser artistically for them to have used a different torture method.

The series definitely if you have read the books (same goes for any adaptation), but that said I wouldn't describe the series in its own right as bad.

Last edited by Tzu Men; 04-27-2012 at 11:24 AM.