Games and all things related - Page 183 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 04-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #2731
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Games and all things related

Quote:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...df&chrome=true

The Valve Employee Handbook was leaked.

It's full of saccharine-sweet goodness from the land of unicorns and candy. Pretty interesting to see how Gaben's toy factory works.
Taking a crap while listening to good ol' rock acts should be the standard for every company. It's just logical.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-22-2012)

Old 04-21-2012, 10:16 PM   #2732
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=h...df&chrome=true

The Valve Employee Handbook was leaked.

It's full of saccharine-sweet goodness from the land of unicorns and candy. Pretty interesting to see how Gaben's toy factory works.
i wish i could pick what i do. =[

//currently writing a tower defense game with classmates for a project. a jerk took over and did my part and another to make it seem like we were too lazy to do anything. e.e but its not valve job, so consequences =[

diablo 3 should have prepared itself for the expected large number of players lol

Last edited by OG; 04-21-2012 at 10:18 PM.
OG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OG For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-22-2012)
Old 04-22-2012, 01:19 AM   #2733
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

James, I saw that earlier and it's just made my life goal clear. Somehow get a job at Valve.

Today is the last day of the Diablo 3 beta, hoping I can log in eventually.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #2734
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,475 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Diablo 3 looks like a pile of casualised crap designed to appeal solely to WoW players.

Which is fine, because I don't really like dungeon crawlers much anyway.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 07:35 AM   #2735
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Diablo 3 looks like a pile of casualised crap designed to appeal solely to WoW players.

I really hope not. I have heard that it's slimmed down, which seems to be industry-speak for dumbed down these days. I'll just have to see when the game comes out. I've never played even one second of WoW either, so I hope they haven't compromised the series to appease nit-wit children.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:35 AM   #2736
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:

I thought so myself, so I played the beta. It's really much like the old Diablo, so not much of WoW present. In fact, WoW took lots of shit from Diablo II (sockets in items, etc, so people who never played Diablo before may say it's like WoW).

I was pleased with the beta. Diablo has always been the best hack n slash dungeon crawler out there, and I can say that it still is. III looks really promising. I am not yet sure I will buy it, since, well, cash and time, but there is a possibility.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-22-2012), Jaxon (04-22-2012), Mal (04-22-2012), Servo (04-22-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #2737
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

So, wife and I finally got ME3. Wife's blistering through it as she's got a few down days between 3rd and 4th term at school and she just did the genophage mission. Mordin...
possibly one of the saddest deaths I've witness in a game. I loved that crazy science commando...
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:37 PM   #2738
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

The Diablo 3 beta was disappointing to me. Guess they were going for a more casual experience, but they simplified it to much. Far less options in character building and skill versatility. Yet still the standard heavy doses of barrel breaking and tedious item grinding.

I like hack n slash games and all. D3 will be worth getting, but not at day one at 60 dollars. I'll wait a while until blizzard starts releasing all the content they spent the last six ripping out of the game. Then buy it bundled.

Edit: I did find the craftsman funny. After recognizing your character as the walking economic bubble that is, an adventurer. He immediately decides to uproot and follow you around, so he can buy all your crap at pawn shop prices.

Last edited by Axiom; 04-23-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Shrike (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 12:31 AM   #2739
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,138 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
...so I hope they haven't compromised the series to appease nit-wit children.
Fucking Mass Effect 2. Thermal clips, limited abilities, and regenerating health? All of my Goddamn hate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Mordin...
possibly one of the saddest deaths I've witness in a game. I loved that crazy science commando...
Somebody else might've gotten it wrong...
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
ACt (04-24-2012), Miburo (07-03-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #2740
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axiom View Post
The Diablo 3 beta was disappointing to me. Guess they were going for a more casual experience, but they simplified it to much. Far less options in character building and skill versatility. Yet still the standard heavy doses of barrel breaking and tedious item grinding.

I like hack n slash games and all. D3 will be worth getting, but not at day one at 60 dollars. I'll wait a while until blizzard starts releasing all the content they spent the last six ripping out of the game. Then buy it bundled.

Edit: I did find the craftsman funny. After recognizing your character as the walking economic bubble that is, an adventurer. He immediately decides to uproot and follow you around, so he can buy all your crap at pawn shop prices.
Indeed, it is a flaw that customization has downgraded from II, but I am sure that is for now. There will definitely be expansions, Blizzard wants cash. For example, you had much less customizing options before LOD came out for II, so I am sure there will be all kinds of new shit after this is a complete product. I am hoping though that they will not go over two expansions, because any more that that would be downright moronic. Nobody wants to play a game half of their life.

So, whatever flaws were in the Beta, I am sure they will make it up later. Also, there is an endless combination with the skills and runes already. It's not that customization is much behind the old LOD.

I understand why did they make you play online and did not give the option to customize stats - cheating made DII ridiculous. Luckily for me, I always played single player, never online, or in LAN with friends. None of us ever cheated and we collected items together.

Here's to hoping that DIII comes out even better then II.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Axiom (04-27-2012), Mal (04-24-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 03:29 PM   #2741
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Tried out the Diablo 3 Beta and its very... brown.

It was fun and seemed like a solid ARPG, but there was nothing special really. Torchlight 2 seems to be a much better ARPG at this point. While I didn't mind the new system, I missed skill trees and being able to control the development of my own character.

Also, have you guys seen all the stuff on War of the Roses? It's like Mount&Blade but with sexy graphics.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-27-2012), Shrike (04-27-2012)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #2742
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This is still awesome news though. You can tell consoles can't handle the game. Being able to play it at 60fps in 1080p means the game will finally be done justice.
Well, this might be a problem.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:34 AM   #2743
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Tried out the Diablo 3 Beta and its very... brown.

It was fun and seemed like a solid ARPG, but there was nothing special really. Torchlight 2 seems to be a much better ARPG at this point. While I didn't mind the new system, I missed skill trees and being able to control the development of my own character.

Also, have you guys seen all the stuff on War of the Roses? It's like Mount&Blade but with sexy graphics.
O Rly? I may have to give this Torchlight the old college try.

Old 04-27-2012, 02:03 AM   #2744
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

thinking about exchanging Skyrim for the PC version. I think the loading time between going in and out of house and holds are shaving away at my life.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 02:11 AM   #2745
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
thinking about exchanging Skyrim for the PC version. I think the loading time between going in and out of house and holds are shaving away at my life.
The pc version is far better. If your machine can handle the max graphic settings, it almost looks like a new game, and the mods make it so worth it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (04-27-2012)