Games and all things related - Page 184 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 04-27-2012, 05:28 AM   #2746
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Games and all things related

Servo, Torchlight 2 has just become available on Steam right now for a $20 pre-order which also gets you the first Torchlight for free to play while you wait. It's an ARPG that I would have gladly spent $60 on, so $20 is well worth the price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200710/ <- That there. It'll also have co-op which is rumoured to be 8 player but might end up being only 4, either way it's worth it.

Custom characters, mods and so on too.

Two other bits of good news:

- Soul Reaver is now on GoG.com for $6: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/legac...in_soul_reaver

- Valve are bringing Steam to Linux with L4D starting out on it and other games coming eventually:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/26/le...-steam-client/
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Axiom (04-27-2012), OG (04-28-2012), Servo (04-27-2012)

Old 04-27-2012, 07:20 AM   #2747
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,850 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Tried out the Diablo 3 Beta and its very... brown.

It was fun and seemed like a solid ARPG, but there was nothing special really. Torchlight 2 seems to be a much better ARPG at this point. While I didn't mind the new system, I missed skill trees and being able to control the development of my own character.
How so? I played the shit out of D2 and I finished Torchlight, and even thought it was fun, it was just a copy of Diablo just like Titan Quest was. Well, Torch was better, but not by much.

D3 may not have skill trees, but there is still a lot of customization. Just the passive skills make a huge difference since there are so many to choose from and you can have only 3 at a time. Switching it to whatever you like whenever you like may not be hardcore (and I love hardcore), but it beats re-skilling every time you don't feel satisfied with how your char works. You can also use 6 skills at a time, so that moves from D2 by a lot.

And I should mention that I am a hardcore D2 fan and that I am suspicious that any better game of that genre will ever come out, but I am still defending D3 just from the beta.

Dunno why are people dissatisfied, you just go to D3 site and try out skills and everything there and see how good will it actually function, or play the final release and enjoy.

Besides, I'd rather play a new Diablo then a game which is a copy of it anyday. Just like if I was a Dota player, I'd never turn to Hon or Lol.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 PM   #2748
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Steam on Linux... Fucking awesome.

Edit: Think this could be a possible lead into the steam console?

Last edited by Axiom; 04-27-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #2749
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
And I should mention that I am a hardcore D2 fan and that I am suspicious that any better game of that genre will ever come out
On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being utter crap, 10 being Diablo 2, what rating would you put on Torchlight 1?

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:10 PM   #2750
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Shrike - Diablo 2 is awesome, very few ARPG fans will argue with you there.

The personal problem I had with Diablo 3's new skill is that it just doesn't make me feel as invested in my character as other ARPG's have done. I like being able to plan out my character and work towards goals with my skills in mind, sometimes I even like regretting some of the choices I make because it makes the game more challenging for me to fight through and makes me want to replay it again and learn from my mistakes.

That kind of development is one of the things I value most in any RPG game, finding a skill path, setting my own stats, making my character, well, my character.

I liked the game, I did. I'll most likely buy it when it's cheaper and play through it at least a couple of times and have a blast while doing it. But I don't think it's going to be as memorable for me as others have been.

Torchlight 2 for me seems to have a lot more character at the moment than Diablo 3 does, sure it's not as good as Diablo 2 is, but it does well in it's own way.

Servo - I would give it an 8 on that scale.

Axiom - What they also say on there is that they really might not impressed by Windows 8 so they're expanding early.

Which isn't that surprising since Windows 8 looks crappy, Microsoft seem to have a habit of releasing a crappy OS after every good one, maybe so we can feel bad about how shit it is then when the new Windows 9 comes out it'll look even better in our eyes.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #2751
Servo
Mega User

http://youtu.be/Q2evIg-aYw8

Hello my friend, stay awhile and listen!

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #2752
Demi-God
BEST

Valve are the best thing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7rZO...&feature=g-u-u
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (04-28-2012), Numinous (04-27-2012), Servo (04-27-2012), Tzu Men (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 06:56 PM   #2753
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Why? Because they're releasing mod tools? Whoo, no-one's done that before.

Maybe someone will finally make a Portal map that isn't look for the white tile.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (04-28-2012), Miburo (07-03-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 07:33 PM   #2754
Demi-God
BEST

Because they released a funny video for it. You need a hug, buddy.

(Also because they're releasing what looks to be fun to use and simple mod tools that more people can get into, so there is that.)
Mal (04-28-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 12:49 AM   #2755
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

torchlight 2 = steampunk + magic XD

im looking forward to torchlight 2, diablo 3 has too many restrictions in comparison to the pricing. No char customization, mods arent allowed, 60 bucks. Is it that hard to code in even color differences to say, hair? Even if not the style of hair. i like the idea of being able to change how my char looks. Small features like that make a difference to me. Also read about their auction house ideas, im pretty sure there will also be a lot of players/bots taking/lagging up servers just to grind for items to sell for real cash. its pvp will be a laugh since people can just buy awesome items with ingame/real money instead of find it on their own. watch out for that guy who will spend loads of money to max out his gear. beta already showed how unprepared they are for incoming players that knew about the free weekend. def not a game im prepurchasing, perhaps ill look into it when it goes on sale. by a lot.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:58 AM   #2756
Demi-God
BEST

Most likely keep an eye on Amazon and wait till it goes on sale, through the Battle.net site it's £44.99 for the regular edition.
Servo (04-29-2012)
Old 04-29-2012, 01:15 AM   #2757
Servo
Mega User

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
torchlight 2 = steampunk + magic XD

im looking forward to torchlight 2, diablo 3 has too many restrictions in comparison to the pricing. No char customization, mods arent allowed, 60 bucks. Is it that hard to code in even color differences to say, hair? Even if not the style of hair. i like the idea of being able to change how my char looks. Small features like that make a difference to me. Also read about their auction house ideas, im pretty sure there will also be a lot of players/bots taking/lagging up servers just to grind for items to sell for real cash. its pvp will be a laugh since people can just buy awesome items with ingame/real money instead of find it on their own. watch out for that guy who will spend loads of money to max out his gear. beta already showed how unprepared they are for incoming players that knew about the free weekend. def not a game im prepurchasing, perhaps ill look into it when it goes on sale. by a lot.
That's a pretty solid assessment. I may, may, hold off as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (04-29-2012)
Old 04-30-2012, 01:08 AM   #2758
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,137 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Installed a GBA emulator and picked up a Pokemon FireRed ROM. Goodbye Xbox, I won't be needing you any more.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-01-2012), Mal (04-30-2012), Miburo (07-03-2012), Numinous (05-01-2012), OG (04-30-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 08:28 AM   #2759
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

So I've been downloading audio books from audible.com for the past few months, haven't listened to any of them but for $15/month you get 1 credit that you can use on any book. I haven't spent any more than that $15/month but have several $30+ books because I make sure to use the credit on the most expensive of books I want.

The one I've downloaded this month is a history of Europe since 1945, narrated by Ralph Cosham. I have only heard his voice in one other place before, and thus look forward to being taught European history by Brother Jauffre of Weynon Priory.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:52 PM   #2760
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Double post for big news: The Elder Scrolls Online
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-03-2012), Servo (05-03-2012)