One piece 665 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #16
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: One piece 665

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
I meant no disrespect + will keep that in mind haha. I'd figured as much though, and hence was explaining for other members.

But yeah, I know that GH isn't the only pituitary hormone. Probably just a translational error then :/ Wonder how pituitary translates into Japanese. You forgot MSH btw :P

Also, I find it very cool that ACt still reads manga as a doctor. A friend and I always joke around about paging each other to discuss OP (since it's supposedly got years to go) when we're consultants haha.
Heh - well, as nice as that would be to have a big time job and money, no, I am not a doctor. I have a baccalaureate and Master's in Biomedical Science and am undertaking a PhD in Physiology. I will be a doctor one day, but not an MD. Completely on the research side of things.

Which is why I have time to be on the internet.

But yeah, I have spent my time researching hormones so know them pretty well. My only comment was that I hoped it was just translation. I don't expect Oda to go into crazy accurate medical detail, but pretty much everyone has heard of Growth Hormone (It makes you grow!) that I can't fathom why he or anyone would choose not to use it in favour of "pituitary hormone" which feels like a "i want to sound smart... what word should I use..." Really not concerned, I just found it funny... I also can't let science go when it comes to these things.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down

Last edited by ACt; 05-03-2012 at 11:03 AM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Scientia (05-05-2012)

Old 05-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #17
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

quick note, excellent to see the Hulk one hit Bellamy villans on tha big screen, that movie was truly tha shit.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Indeed it was, but the sequence after the credits made me go bat shit. I'm both excited and afraid that they will fuck it up.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-05-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #19
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Indeed it was, but the sequence after the credits made me go bat shit. I'm both excited and afraid that they will fuck it up.
you mean this one?

spoiler alert
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...60um73&newfp=1
but i also heard something about thanos, i only saw it boot leg planning on theater tomorrow.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 05-05-2012, 09:16 PM   #20
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Yes it's Thanos.

When I saw him I went nuts. I just hope they don't disgrace him like they did Galactus in the fantastic four.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (05-13-2012)
Old 05-05-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
Yes it's Thanos.

When I saw him I went nuts. I just hope they don't disgrace him like they did Galactus in the fantastic four.
Yeah, this preview had X-Men, Spiderman who went Venom, Fantastic 4, Avengers, but never saw Thanos, thats my fav Marvel character period. In the Marvel world, He's BEYOND a God in my world. By fathoms.

Heres the plot for the upcoming movie ha ha...
http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/...60um73&newfp=1

I speak 4 languages...

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 05-05-2012 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 11:14 AM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

This is floating around on the web, appears to be legit. It's an interview with Oda in a book about all things manga/anime.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35262

Whether he has it planned already or not, just the thought of it making MF look like shit is insane.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-07-2012 at 11:21 AM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-07-2012), NeoKakarott023 (05-08-2012), Numinous (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 11:56 AM   #23
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
This is floating around on the web, appears to be legit. It's an interview with Oda in a book about all things manga/anime.

http://apforums.net/showthread.php?t=35262

Whether he has it planned already or not, just the thought of it making MF look like shit is insane.
Even if that interview is fake, it's only natural that the final arc will stuff MF into a corner.

I'm one of those who believe One Piece holds information that can destroy the World Government by its very foundations and justifying why WG jumped the gun on Gol D. Roger and anyone associated to him even by being his son or building his ship, so I definitely see Marine vs Pirates on a scale that not even us OP readers ever saw. I wouldn't be surprised if took a good chunk of years entirely on that arc.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #24
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

won't be surprised if it takes 5 years orso. Look at naruto war, that's already going on for 1,5 year and we all know Oda is way more detailed or slow, whatever you wanna call it, so 5 years is not that impossible

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to uzumakinagato For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 PM   #25
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

To make MF look like nothing though...damn, it will be quite a ride.

I share your theory Numinous, and it really makes Roger the ultimate troll. He gave himself up due to his illness, but left behind something that will bite the WG in the ass big time along with inspiring an entire generation to hunt for it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #26
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
won't be surprised if it takes 5 years orso. Look at naruto war, that's already going on for 1,5 year and we all know Oda is way more detailed or slow, whatever you wanna call it, so 5 years is not that impossible
And Kishi skipped a lot of battles, something Oda simply doesn't. And seeing that the Whitebeard War Saga lasted about 3 years, the final saga can be stretched to 5~6 years easily, which could mean One Piece would break the 1000 chapter line.

Last edited by Numinous; 05-07-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #27
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Speaking of fights, I hope we get to see Aokiji vs akainu through a flashback. It has been hyped like crazy, and I want to see the full extent of the power of the Admirals for myself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-07-2012), Spiegel (05-08-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 02:32 PM   #28
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

Don't think Oda will show the fight, maybe scenes of it but not a flashback of 4,5 chapters of the fight sadly enough.

And One Piece will reach 1000 chapters. During timeskip Oda said One Piece was around halfway. At that point we were at 600 chapters so for sure above 1000 chapters.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:39 PM   #29
Numinous

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
And One Piece will reach 1000 chapters. During timeskip Oda said One Piece was around halfway. At that point we were at 600 chapters so for sure above 1000 chapters.
I took that with a grain of salt, he clearly meant halfway done with the plot, but it wasn't a guarantee he'd make more 600 chapters, since he could deliver the same amount of plot in less or more chapters. But you're right, the 1000 figure is expected for One Piece. With enough luck, it could beat "A Tale of Two Truncheons" in length and that manga ran for 24 years.

Old 05-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #30
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

You still have Hajime no ippo, a manga that will take way longer then One Piece. Talk about a slow manga, won't be surprised if that reaches 1500 or even more chapters.