The Avengers movie - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > Chit Chat

Chit Chat Talk about anything here that does not fit the other categories.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
The Avengers movie

Just got in from watching this movie and it delivered on every level imaginable .. I highly suggest if you didn't have plans to go see this movie that you go to the mirror and question yourself on what the fuck is wrong with you..

I am sooo looking forward to seeing the next movie.. all I can say is Infinity gauntlet anyone

Ps stick around for the credits there is a small snippet after the main character credits and for those of you who cna stand to hold your piss from the giant soda there is a cool easter egg at the end of the credit roll.
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #2
k-lai
ANBU

k-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enough
Re: The Avengers movie

Yeah it was a cool movie but I still woulda wanted more power showoff from thor imo. A great movie nonetheless
Old 05-07-2012, 01:41 PM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Speaking of the Infinity gauntlet, did everyone catch a glimpse of it in Odin's vault in Thor ?

It shows up briefly when the two ice giants in the back get blasted by the destroyer, along with other mystical items like the Warlock's eye. Needless to say once I saw Thanos I went ape shit.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #4
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Yea when Thanos showes hsi big purple skull i could think of one thign .. there's no way the current team can fight him I mena the Infinity Gauntly is some serious shit.. they will have to leave hawkeye and Black widow out of this cause they would be just a big liability.. we might get a revolving roster next couple of movies to take on the big guy.. I think the Silver Surfer and Wolverine might make an appearance since they both have been a part of the Avengers at one point in time.. Scarlet witch and Vision may be good additions as well.
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #5
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The surfer died along with Galactus in the second Fantastic four movie, they won't be appearing in the movies after that.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:15 PM   #6
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

Thoroughly enjoyable movie.

Up next, Doctor Strange: The Sorcerer Supreme staring Liam Neeson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Rasengan View Post
there's no way the current team can fight him I mena the Infinity Gauntly is some serious shit.. they will have to leave hawkeye and Black widow out of this cause they would be just a big liability..
I can't really imagine the current squad doing much against [a serious]Thanos even if he's Gauntlet-less. I'm not making these movies however, so, any jobbery is possible.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (05-09-2012), Vengeance (05-10-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
The surfer died along with Galactus in the second Fantastic four movie, they won't be appearing in the movies after that.
The surfer wakes up after the credits.

Plus he doesn't have the power to totally destroy Galactus.

Wolverine can't be in i because he is Fox property(movie wise), the Avengers and all the solo films leading to it was done by Marvel Studios, Independently.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:26 PM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Didn't catch the end sequence, thanks for the info.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:50 PM   #9
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho Uzimaki View Post
Wolverine can't be in i because he is Fox property(movie wise), the Avengers and all the solo films leading to it was done by Marvel Studios, Independently.
Wolverine can be included because Marvel has the final say in the movies, not the studio. The studio has permission to make a movie using the character. But if Marvel wants to let another studio use their character, Fox can't say shit about it.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 AM   #10
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Wolverine can be included because Marvel has the final say in the movies, not the studio. The studio has permission to make a movie using the character. But if Marvel wants to let another studio use their character, Fox can't say shit about it.
http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-...ers-carl-6766/

contracts and legal jargon keep them from doing whatever they want with their characters IF they don't have the movie rights to them.

Not trying to argue just trying to enlighten you.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:25 AM   #11
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
http://screenrant.com/marvel-comics-...ers-carl-6766/

contracts and legal jargon keep them from doing whatever they want with their characters IF they don't have the movie rights to them.

Not trying to argue just trying to enlighten you.
Correction to the correction, movie studios only have the rights to the character's image as portrayed in their movies.

For example, 20th Century Fox has the rights of Wolverine as played by Hugh Jackman with the X-Men dark outfit. But Marvel Studios can hire another actor, give Wolverine his gold & blue outfit and 20th Century Fox can't lay a finger on it because it's not their Wolverine.

A great example of this is the Punisher, who had a 1989 release by New World Pictures and in 2004 release by Lionsgate Entertainment without any contention because it was played by very distinct actors with very distinct outfits.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Scientia (05-08-2012)
Old 05-08-2012, 01:01 PM   #12
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

I really don't understand how Banner being angry all the time helps him control the Hulk. It's like saying being stabbed all the time helps you control blood loss.....yeah, sure, it helps you control it as in you're controlling the fact that you're loosing more blood.

If Banner's mad all the time he should just be the Hulk all the time.

Hawkeye and Black Widow were awesome. I had a boner whenever Black Widow was in a scene.

Last edited by Scientia; 05-08-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:59 PM   #13
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Correction to the correction, movie studios only have the rights to the character's image as portrayed in their movies.

For example, 20th Century Fox has the rights of Wolverine as played by Hugh Jackman with the X-Men dark outfit. But Marvel Studios can hire another actor, give Wolverine his gold & blue outfit and 20th Century Fox can't lay a finger on it because it's not their Wolverine.

A great example of this is the Punisher, who had a 1989 release by New World Pictures and in 2004 release by Lions Gate Entertainment without any contention because it was played by very distinct actors with very distinct outfits.
If the property is bombing in sales they sell it to whoever.(all 3 Punisher movies failed to hit 100 mil, which is standard set by studios)Marvel got them back and plan on trying it again, I personally liked Thomas Jane as Punisher put him in the Warzone flick it would have been a growth for the character.

clothing and actor make no difference.

Example: Spider-man 1-3 Tobey McGuire
The Amazing Spider-man Andrew Garfield & different costume, same company same rights.

Sony has the rights for 6 movies, yeah expect 2 more Amazing Spider-man movies.( UNLESS IT BOMBS, which it won't)

So yeah, your wrong, just let it go.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #14
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayrra View Post
I really don't understand how Banner being angry all the time helps him control the Hulk. It's like saying being stabbed all the time helps you control blood loss.....yeah, sure, it helps you control it as in you're controlling the fact that you're loosing more blood.

If Banner's mad all the time he should just be the Hulk all the time.

Hawk eye and Black Widow were awesome. I had a boner whenever Black Widow was in a scene.
Basically being angry all the time allows him to release the Hulk whenever he wants to. when he was fighting the anger is when he was losing control.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #15
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
If the property is bombing in sales they sell it to whoever.(all 3 Punisher movies failed to hit 100 mil, which is standard set by studios)

In what planet? The term "bombed movie" refers to those movies with a revenue inferior to their production cost. While that is true for both the 1989 and 2008 versions, the 2004 version didn't bomb.

Also, 100 million is a standard? For who? Studios don't have any defined standard, the expected revenue depends on cost of production, popularity of franchise, popularity of the actors, size of the studio, etc. Yes, 100 million is a small number considering the billions some movies make, but it's an arbitrary number you somehow retrieved Dagon knows from where.

Quote:
clothing and actor make no difference.

Example: Spider-man 1-3 Tobey McGuire

The Amazing Spider-man Andrew Garfield & different costume, same company same rights.
Do you even read what you wrote?! SAME COMPANY. You even point out that Sony Pictures can do 6 movies based on Spiderman. Let's hypothesize that after the new Spiderman movies, Paramount or any other studio wants to do another Spiderman movie and Marvel grants the rights, just a different actor and design.

What would stop Marvel from reacquiring the rights of its own characters and what on earth would support Sony Pictures' case if they'd want to sue Marvel and the other studio for making a new movie based on Spiderman? The character is Marvel's and the image of Spiderman, which is what Sony Pictures bought from Marvel, is different and the image rights are only pertinent during the contract, so when the contract expires, what in the name of fuck would deter any other studio of doing a Spiderman movie?

Quote:
Sony has the rights for 6 movies, yeah expect 2 more Amazing Spider-man movies.( UNLESS IT BOMBS, which it won't)
Are you a prestidigitator to know what will bomb or not? Warner Brothers, Don Bluth, Dom DeLuise and Jonathan fucking Pryce (the guy was on Brazil, for Pete's sake) were hyping A Troll in Central Park. And it only rescued 0,33% of its production cost.

That said, it really depends on how the movie fares. Name alone won't make the money of production back.

Quote:
So yeah, your wrong, just let it go.
I'm not wrong, I just corrected your stance. If Wolverine's image in Fox expired, your correction to Kael's post is unnecessary.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (05-08-2012)