jekyl_hyde's Thread of Bullshit - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Hall of Fail

Hall of Fail Some of the stupidest threads you will ever find are located here.

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #76
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about
Re: jekyl_hyde's Thread of Bullshit

Then maybe the gay rights groups are takign the wrong rout.. they shoudln't change what marriage is so those that are ignorant can cling to their beliefs but just say any union of two individuals for legal and economic purposes is a civil union thus bringign traditional marriage under the tent of Civil unions instead of trying to bring it the other way around
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE

Old 05-15-2012, 01:38 PM   #77
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

You're not listening, as usual. They aren't trying to change marriage. They just want to be able to have the same rights with their partners that heterosexual couples have. Same-sex marriage, civil unions, the title itself doesn't matter to most of gay community. The legal recognition of that union and all the rights entitled to a "married" couple are the only things they want.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-29-2012), Numinous (05-15-2012), Scientia (07-29-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #78
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

To add to kael post's, why is the word "marriage" so taboo when it comes to gay marriage? Are the people bothered with the use of the word even aware of its root?

Marriage comes from the Latin maritus, which means "husband" (more literally, "male lover"). That's because in Ancient Rome the purpose of getting married was to give the husband the right of being the head of the house and continue his family's legacy. His wife/submissive husband (it was Rome, after all) was just an accessory.

Of course the meaning shifted through time, but to advocate the word strictly means its "traditional sense" while disregarding its root sounds stupid.

But really, only idiots would have a knee-jerk reaction about a word being used without it being the dumbassed definition they gave it.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 05-15-2012 at 02:01 PM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Human Rasengan (05-15-2012), kael03 (05-15-2012), Miburo (07-29-2012), Scientia (07-29-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (05-16-2012), T9F (07-29-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 02:28 PM   #79
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
You're not listening, as usual. They aren't trying to change marriage. They just want to be able to have the same rights with their partners that heterosexual couples have. Same-sex marriage, civil unions, the title itself doesn't matter to most of gay community. The legal recognition of that union and all the rights entitled to a "married" couple are the only things they want.
I am listening I'm just tryign to have a dialogue here on the merits from both sides.. maybe merit isn't the right word but I'm trying to see things from both points of view.. that way if I come across someoen who opposes it I can argue startign from their side and walk them across the street instead of trying to drag them across.

THe term marriage is the problem if there was a legislation to promote federal civil unions maybe there wouldn't be too much backlash from the religious community cause lets face it thats where this is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
To add to kael post's, why is the word "marriage" so taboo when it comes to gay marriage? Are the people bothered with the use of the word even aware of its root?

Marriage comes from the Latin maritus, which means "husband" (more literally, "male lover"). That's because in Ancient Rome the purpose of getting married was to give the husband the right of being the head of the house and continue his family's legacy. His wife/submissive husband (it was Rome, after all) was just an accessory.

Of course the meaning shifted through time, but to advocate the word strictly means its "traditional sense" while disregarding its root sounds stupid.

But really, only idiots would have a knee-jerk reaction about a word being used without it being the dumbassed definition they gave it.
And therin lies the problem people need to understand what words mean and I will admit even I am too lazy to bother with what words mean and I do more than most so I cna understand where the problem is coming from.. In order to fix a problem you must first acknowledge it so maybe placing the definition out there with the message could help.
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Old 05-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #80
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

The thing is, religious people do not own the concept of marriage at all, so why avoid touching it? That's giving their side an unwarranted victory, be it as insignificant as keeping a word to themselves that they never owned to begin with.

Religious prejudice should be challenged, not avoided, this is the XXI century after all, I think it's about time to scrape those biblical barnacles off the progress' keel.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (07-29-2012), kael03 (05-15-2012), Miburo (07-29-2012), Scientia (07-29-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (05-16-2012), T9F (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 PM   #81
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

If you're against gay marriage then you're a bigot. Exactly like the bigots who were against interracial marriage back in the day. And people in the future are going to look back on you with the same level of disgust that we look back on those bigots with now. It's that simple.

JH, if you still post here I just want to let you know that you're a huge fucking retard and I would happily bend you over and have my way with you if you ever managed to grow enough balls to make a thread in the debate section regarding ANYTHING you talked about here. Gay marriage, religion, child raising, whatever. That's how shitty your opinions are regarding all of it.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (10-18-2012), ask me anything (07-29-2012), Human Rasengan (08-09-2012), Mal (07-29-2012), Scientia (07-29-2012), T9F (07-29-2012)
Closed Thread