Games and all things related - Page 187 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 AM   #2791
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: Games and all things related

Guild Wars 2 is a definite. And yeah, Torchlight 2 will be filling my looting and clicking needs this year. Also, dat offline mode. Mmmm.

I've heard Diablo 3 has satisfying combat, but that kind of seems to be it. I wouldn't get it anytime soon if I were you, wait till they fix the high amount of errors people seem to have just trying to log in. When I checked yesterday the angry mob had hit metacritic and given it a 3.7 user score.

Looks like I might put on an eye-patch and sail the seas for this game.

Interview with the Day-Z guy: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/16/da...story-machine/
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-16-2012, 02:18 AM   #2792
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I've actually been looking forward to GW2, instead of just going out and buying it on a whim like Diablo. After seeing the reviews and seeing people rage about only getting to play for like an hour or two today because of all the errors, I was glad I chose something else.

I hate to admit it, and hated going into the store to actually get the game, but I got Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations. Which is probably the best one so far, they got rid of all the gay little free play, and useless running around in the story mode. Really, the only reason I wanted it was for the online play. The fighting is surprisingly good, and is basically Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter with Naruto characters. Because this game has basically every character the manga has introduced in it, there's soo many different people, jutsu's ect. to pick from, it's nice. Everything's balanced pretty well too. The only thing this game is lacking is any real difficulty in the story mode, I have the settings set to "super hard" (lmao) yet I haven't lost a fight yet.

I also think I might reactivate an old wow account for a little bit until black ops 2 comes out. Then just play that until Guild wars.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:34 PM   #2793
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

gonna play torchlight 2 and guild wars 2, diablo 3 maybe later on when on sale and issues are far less.

been playing the baconing, has robot brothel, lol XD little things in the game are funny. main quest is finding bacon fire and throwing thongs in it.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM   #2794
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

I got pissed at how easy/lame the naruto game was. took it back and got Diablo 3. I'll share my opinion when I play it for a bit.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #2795
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

I do plan on buying Diablo 3. No time soon though. It was definitely fun enough and has entertainment value, just not at cost IMO. Going by all the content Blizzard removed between the times of thee F&F beta and open beta, I'm fairly certain they plan on waiting and releasing much of what they developed for the game later on in an expansion pack(s). I'd just assume wait until then and buy it bundled.

Torchlight 2 will satiate my click-n-kill needs until then. Definitely going with an Engineer as my first char.

GW2- Am really looking forward to the new GuildWars. The pvp looks like a blast. CFT & domination games, in a fantasy setting with thieves, warriors, necros and shit. Sounds like a winner.

Edit:
lol at Oliver North endorsing the new Call of Duty.

Last edited by Axiom; 05-16-2012 at 09:14 PM.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:27 PM   #2796
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

I fucking hate Diablo 3. Mainly because I can't play it. Got everything installed and now it tells me my graphics card is unsupported on a 1 year old computer. Fuck you blizzard. For real.

Also, my comp meets the requirements both ram and video card speed. All because it's not "supported" it won't even let me try to play the game. Yet I could run wow on the highest settings without no problem? Gtfo here.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #2797
Axiom
[something clever]

You just aren't having any luck with games today. The gaming gods have forsaken you!

Not exactly sure what you mean by "video card speed". Did it give a prompt stating specifically what you were lacking? Like a certain level of DirectX, or Pixel Shader support? Probably not...

Also, does your pc actually have a dedicated video card, or is it an onboard/integrated gfx accelerator? Not that it should matter for D3, you'd think. I received the same prompt when setting it up on my work laptop during the beta. But, I was still able to run the game at middle of the road settings. So, I don't know. Maybe they changed some things since then.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #2798
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Get us a screenshot of error message, we should be able to figure it out for you. I know the Diablo 3 wiki page specifically lists GeForce 7800 GTX or Radeon X1950 as the minimum requirements, so if you have an integrated GPU it may not be supported.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #2799
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

Im convinced the gods hate me, haha.

It doesnt really prompt me at all, i click play it brings up a box that says "video card not supported" then automatically briings up a web page listing all the un/supported cards.

What i meant by speed was how many MB it said. I think i remember 256mb video with 2gb ram. I do have an integrated gfx card. Its the intel 4 express or something like that. Which means ill need a new comp before i get to enjoy D3.

Ah well, you live you learn. Amirite?

Old 05-17-2012, 07:22 AM   #2800
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Dude, just get a new graphics card. Might be a little more difficult if you're using a laptop, but seriously, if a card is integrated graphics, run a hundred miles in the opposite direction. Those things are just... urgh.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 07:45 AM   #2801
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

I am playing D3 and enjoying it =) Most friends went Korean and barely slept since it came out, but I took it real slow. I want to destroy every barrel, check every corpse and explore all maps and caves.

So far, it is awesome.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:21 AM   #2802
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Im convinced the gods hate me, haha.

It doesnt really prompt me at all, i click play it brings up a box that says "video card not supported" then automatically briings up a web page listing all the un/supported cards.

What i meant by speed was how many MB it said. I think i remember 256mb video with 2gb ram. I do have an integrated gfx card. Its the intel 4 express or something like that. Which means ill need a new comp before i get to enjoy D3.

Ah well, you live you learn. Amirite?
If you're on a desktop then buy either a Radeon HD 6850 or a GeForce GTX 550 Ti. Brand doesn't really matter. I've got this card right now and it runs Skyrim (reasonably well) on Ultra High.

If you're on a laptop we'll have to know detailed and potentially difficult to obtain information about your machine to make any recommendations. Failing this, we can make recommendations for a budget gaming rig.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 02:35 PM   #2803
Axiom
[something clever]

Mark of the Ninja the new game from klei entertainment, makers of the Shank series. Looks pretty sweet. Same sexy fluid 2d animation sported by Shank, now in a stealth platformer. With a more strategic, situational gameplay style. Maybe one of the better "Ninja" games I've seen. It's due out this summer.

The link to the main site above has their debut trailer on the front page. Here is more comprehensive vid from pax.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Axiom For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-17-2012), Mal (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 02:40 PM   #2804
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Will definitely be getting that, I love their art style.

Ubisoft sale this Weekend on Steam.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 04:49 PM   #2805
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

I like how tactical they made that game look in the trailer. I'll have to remember that one.

As far as my computer goes it's a laptop. Nothing I can do other than buy something new. My sister has a pretty good comp that should run it just fine, her video card is supported as well. Guess I'll just have to check it out sometime when I go over their, and basically just gift it to my brother-in-law. Haha.