One Piece 667 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-17-2012, 09:49 AM   #31
UzumakiUchiha
Genin

UzumakiUchiha is on a distinguished road
Re: One Piece 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post

And welcome to this side of the forum, never saw you around before.
Thanks, i never noticed there was a one piece forum in fandom 'till now i went to the anime&manga section and scrolled down lol. I usually type "naruto manga fandom forums" in google to get to the naruto forums.

Anyways kind of wondering where the hell is sabo? and why he hadn't shown himself yet. [/QUOTE]
UzumakiUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-17-2012, 10:07 AM   #32
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by UzumakiUchiha View Post
Thanks, i never noticed there was a one piece forum in fandom 'till now i went to the anime&manga section and scrolled down lol. I usually type "naruto manga fandom forums" in google to get to the naruto forums.
You can bookmark the site (if your browser allows, I know Firefox and Chrome do but I'm not certain on others) for convenience instead of going to google everytime. It's a big time saver.

Quote:
Anyways kind of wondering where the hell is sabo? and why he hadn't shown himself yet.
He died when the World Noble shot him and his boat, back when him and Ace and Luffy were kids.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
UzumakiUchiha (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM   #33
mashmas
Genin

mashmas is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the younkou law is referring to has to be Big Mom. luffy did say he would bring down big mom and I guess this is Oda trying to make her demise look more plausible by two supernovas than if luffy and his crew were to fight here on their own. Luffy is Strong but Strong enough to bring about the demise of a yonkou? at least not yet anyway.
When Luffy said ‘i will be Pirate king’ I said :’Go for it

---------------
It's well past midnight
I should get up to pray
The mirrors of my honesty
have long been filmed with dust

I should get up
I still have time
My hands can yet discern
a jug of water from a jug of wine

as time's wheeled chariot
hurtles down the slope of my life

Perhaps tomorrow
the poisonous arrows aimed at me
will hunt down my eyes
two speckled birds startled into flight

Perhaps tomorrow
my children
will grow old
awaiting my return
mashmas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #34
UzumakiUchiha
Genin

UzumakiUchiha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can bookmark the site (if your browser allows, I know Firefox and Chrome do but I'm not certain on others) for convenience instead of going to google everytime. It's a big time saver.

He died when the World Noble shot him and his boat, back when him and Ace and Luffy were kids.
IMO whether he is alive or dead is remain to be seen. I think he did survive that attack, well it is possible, they didn't exactly show him dying other than boat sinking or ssomething, luffy and ace assumed that he died. So I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up sometime later in the manga and likely he would end up being with dragon. Then again it could be argued that if he was alive why he didn't come to rescue ace (could have been few reason like due to the obligation to the revolutionary army; thats if he is alive and with them).
UzumakiUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #35
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

"He died" ?

Nah don't think he's dead especially cause of the talk Sabo had with dragon it makes it more likely dragon saved him. And you know Oda doesn't like to kill of char. and if he does kill them off you will see them die with your own eyes, look at bon-chan.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #36
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I think Sabo is dead due to his character type. Like Bell-mère or Olvia, he was meant to die to shed light on another's characters personality and actions. And, like them, he has no major purpose in the plot anymore. His introducing character is already done and what would make him stick around? Ace is dead and Luffy won't go back to Dawn Island for a long while, so there's no longer that feeling around the character. Furthermore, Sabo being alive would cheapen both his and Ace's death scenes, making Luffy no longer the only one of the three rascals who survived.

Also, I think that, if Oda wanted Sabo to be alive, he'd play one of his tricks (like Railegh being introduced way before Sabaody), but, as far as I saw from Dragon's scenes, I haven't spotted Sabo anywhere.

One last thing, just because Bon Kurei is alive doesn't mean Sabo can be. If you notice, both instances where Bon Kurei was thought to be dead it was played as scenes of sacrifice, not of morbid death like Sabo.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:23 PM   #37
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I have a feeling that Sabo isn't dead because of this

It's not definitive proof but this at least makes it less possible that he's dead.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-17-2012), uzumakinagato (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #38
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

Yeah thanks spiegel, that's the proof for him being alive anyway Bon-chan was also done like a character although he still could become a nakama but for the rest he was pretty much played his role.

And his sacrifice would have been better if he stayed died still Oda let him live so i see him doing the same thing with Sabo.

And I thought Sabo was an intresting char. so I hope he's still alive, but that's just my opinion obviously.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:48 PM   #39
Numinous

Dully noted. I only argue for his death on a character study point of view, of course storyline-wise he could still be alive.

@uzumakinagato: I don't think people should use Bon Kurei as proof of survival of other characters. He sacrificed himself while said sacrifice was never on-panel and his survival has become a running gag to the point of "Okama never die!" being true. Sabo's (assumed) death is really more akin to other flashback characters, not Bon.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #40
Spiegel
Pirate King

Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Dully noted. I only argue for his death on a character study point of view, of course storyline-wise he could still be alive.

@uzumakinagato: I don't think people should use Bon Kurei as proof of survival of other characters. He sacrificed himself while said sacrifice was never on-panel and his survival has become a running gag to the point of "Okama never die!" being true. Sabo's (assumed) death is really more akin to other flashback characters, not Bon.
Maybe Oda meant to say that Bon Kurei sacrificed himself in the sense that he'll never leave Impel Down. Who knows. Bon Kurei became a pretty impressionable character that I'm sure we'll see him again in the future.

The only way certain to know why Bon Kurei isn't dead is to see a flashback. I'm sure Blackbeard and his crew made a move on Magellan before Bon Kurei could make a move, and in all the confusion headed back to Level 5.5.
Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Gakure (05-18-2012), Numinous (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #41
PSJiraiya
Genin

PSJiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

What if Big Mam turns out to be Lola's mom? I don't see the SH's trying to take her down if that's the case. Nami should still have the vivre card that Lola gave her that's for her mom, so if Big Mam is Lola's mom they'll know. Lola said her mom was a big deal pirate in the New World and you don't get any bigger than the Yonko.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #42
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

I like the idea of Bon being dead in the sense that he will never leave Impel Down. Or maybe instead of becoming a nakama he will be for Luffy what Ivan is/was for Dragon.

Would make sense if you think about it.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:51 PM   #43
Spiegel
Pirate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSJiraiya View Post
What if Big Mam turns out to be Lola's mom? I don't see the SH's trying to take her down if that's the case. Nami should still have the vivre card that Lola gave her that's for her mom, so if Big Mam is Lola's mom they'll know. Lola said her mom was a big deal pirate in the New World and you don't get any bigger than the Yonko.
That's what most people thought at first but after actually getting a glimpse of Big Mam and seeing what kind of person she is I'm inclining on that not being the case anymore. Lola mentioned that her mom was a great pirate so we can assume she's good since she looks up to her.
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Old 05-18-2012, 08:11 AM   #44
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,650 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

^ To be fair though, Lola is kind of a psychopath herself. She turns people into babies, and old men, and LOL's while doing it. So I could still see Big Mam being her mother, and them both just having warped personalities.

Big Mam: Hey pumpkin, watch me kill these people.

Lola: You missed one mommy. (slash)

Big Mam: Awww, my little girl got her first kill. You kids grow up so fast. <3

Edit: my mistake :[

Last edited by ask me anything; 05-18-2012 at 09:09 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #45
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

That is Bonney you just described. Lola is the leader of the rolling pirates, that big chick at TB that asks every guy she sees to marry her.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Numinous (05-18-2012), Spiegel (05-18-2012)