One Piece 668 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #16
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece 668

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
I've the feeling this arc won't take that long anymore, I would say 20-25 chapters orso.
Don't underestimate Oda's ability to throw a wrench at our expectations just to lengthen an arc. Whitebeard's War Saga is infamous for that.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah I know Oda has a thing for that but still... it's just a feeling though.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
So after this arc. shit is about to get real.

I've the feeling this arc won't take that long anymore, I would say 20-25 chapters orso.

Btw could Slime be connected to Akainu ?

It's maybe a crazy thought but maybe cause of the fight this creature was created with the lava of Akainu or CC made this creature with Akainu's lava. People in OP can change islands so not unlikely.
I acutally agree with what you said about Slime, at first I thought of the Poison guy from the Impel Down, the Ex warden. But we know this is the island were the Admirals fought so maybe a combination of both of there powers maybe ?

But Akainu lava is a better option.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #19
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Don't underestimate Oda's ability to throw a wrench at our expectations just to lengthen an arc. Whitebeard's War Saga is infamous for that.
Isn't this the truth. Dude's 37 and I still give him a good chance of dying before One Piece ends.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #20
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Miura has a better chance than Oda lol

Anyway in all seriousness what would happen if let us say Oda dies next year?

Obviously his life is more important then the manga, no doubt about that but still would the manga just stop? the whole franchise where so many jobs depend on?

I was always wondering what would happen in that kinda situation.

I'm assuming they would just stop the manga with a big tribute to the author in an edition orso.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....

Last edited by uzumakinagato; 05-23-2012 at 03:41 PM.
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #21
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Isn't this the truth. Dude's 37 and I still give him a good chance of dying before One Piece ends.
Let's not be so hyperbolic. One Piece has material for more 600~700 chapters, but that's "only" 14~16 years. I don't think that, unless something disastrous happens, Oda will die in his 50's.

But I know you're being sarcastic.

Quote:
Anyway in all seriousness what would happen if let us say Oda dies next year?

Obviously his life is more important then the manga, no doubt about that but still would the manga just stop? the whole franchise where so many jobs depend on?

I was always wondering what would happen in that kinda situation.

I'm assuming they would just stop the manga with a big tribute to the author in an edition orso.
I don't think One Piece would stop if Oda died suddenly. Maybe a week/month halt to mourn, but Oda has arcs already done beforehand, not to mention he probably already revealed future plot points to his assistants or even written down the end in a notebook, so Shounen Jump could ask one of the assistants to continue the manga considering what Oda would leave behind. Then, when the material that Oda left behind was entirely used, the manga would wrap it up and end.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:20 AM   #22
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Something else to note, Law said that once they have Caesar things will snowball really quickly and there will be no going back.

Could it be that Joker is also connected this Emperor they want to take down ?

I can't imagine Caesar working for one of the Youkon directly. It could be that Joker is facilitating thinks for Caesar under order from one of the Youkon, and if Caesar is captured he could be used as a catalyst in making one the Emperors vulnerable down the line.

Just thinking about how this could spiral out of control hypes it for me lol.

My money for "joker" is one of 2 possibilities. The first is Akainu. We all know he has a dark side to him, and is willing to do anything or sacrifice anyone in the name of absolute justice. I don't think he would have a problem associating with mad men, and experimenting on children to achieve his goals. However, despite his position as fleet admiral even he answers to Kong and the Gorosei, so would have to hide some of his more questionable doings from them.

The other option would be on of the Gorosei. I'd imagine when making decisions those 5 guys pretty much vote on what to do, and the majority rules. That doesn't mean the losers have to accept it though. I could see one of them (probably all of them) having secret ventures going on the side kept from each others view.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #23
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

It's very unlikely that Akainu is Joker. Joker has been mentioned by both Caesar and Smoker's group ( they refer to him as the intruder ) to operate only at G5 ( the NW is divided into several different areas, G5 is one of them ).

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c664/3.html
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c664/4.html

Akainu is Fleet Admiral now. The chances of him focusing so much on 1 area are pretty low.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:56 PM   #24
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
It's very unlikely that Akainu is Joker. Joker has been mentioned by both Caesar and Smoker's group ( they refer to him as the intruder ) to operate only at G5 ( the NW is divided into several different areas, G5 is one of them ).
I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. The reason why kids are only disappearing in the G5 area is because that's where CC is located. He's the one actually taking the kids. Joker (or intruder, as smoker calls him), doesn't necessarily have to operate in that area. He just needs to be in a position where he can manipulate information regarding the area. So Akainu could very well be joker, since he can be sitting at his desk in Marineford altering documents and misleading the press on the issue, and not have to directly be there himself.

Quote:
Akainu is Fleet Admiral now. The chances of him focusing so much on 1 area are pretty low.
How would he be focusing on one area? All he'd be doing is suppressing a few news articles about missing children, and checking in from time to time for a progress update. That's hardly taking up much of his time.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #25
PSJiraiya
Genin

PSJiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't remember, so I was wondering if 1 of you guys does. Does Luffy know about Shanks and Kaido's fight prior to the battle at Marineford? If he does I think he'd jump at the chance to face off against someone capable of fighting toe to toe with Shanks. A way to test himself against Shanks without actually fighting Shanks. Of course if he doesn't know than that theory is a dud.lol
Old 05-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #26
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
How would he be focusing on one area?
Not focusing on one area, focusing so much in one area, meaning he is doing other stuff. It just doesn't make sense to me that a FA leading a global effort against pirates post WB would take the time to cover the tracks of a scientist that not only is a psychopath but hates the WG.

Quote:
Does Luffy know about Shanks and Kaido's fight prior to the battle at Marineford?
He didn't know about Aokiji and Akainu's fight which made news world wise. So probably not.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-24-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #27
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I think you misunderstand what I'm saying. The reason why kids are only disappearing in the G5 area is because that's where CC is located. He's the one actually taking the kids. Joker (or intruder, as smoker calls him), doesn't necessarily have to operate in that area. He just needs to be in a position where he can manipulate information regarding the area. So Akainu could very well be joker, since he can be sitting at his desk in Marineford altering documents and misleading the press on the issue, and not have to directly be there himself.

How would he be focusing on one area? All he'd be doing is suppressing a few news articles about missing children, and checking in from time to time for a progress update. That's hardly taking up much of his time.
Hm I dont know, Akainu would be a major twist and Oda is famous for those, but I cant really imagine it sorry dude. My bet is on either the Warlord Don Flamingo (( sent to kill moria sorry cant mind his full name )). Joker seems like a name he would happily take up from all the times weve seen him hes been pretty crazy and laughing. Or it will be the boss hes working under in the Goverment, the one who tried to have Moria killed.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 07:18 PM   #28
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Smoker deduced that the mole is in G5, so I'm going with it being someone new. I don't see it being Don Flamingo either. He doesn't strike me as the type to attempt a power grab, not to mention he doesn't give a shit about anything.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:23 PM   #29
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

^That doesn't mean that Smoker's deductions are correct though. He's just making a guess based on what he knows at the moment.

Don Flamingo does seem like a (slight) possibility as well. Even if he has no desires for power, he seems like someone that would create havoc just for the lulz. He's like the ultimate troll.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:39 PM   #30
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Don Flamingo knows shit that nobody else knows, thats was clear at Marineford. Whomever the major player was at the time of the War of The Best, he knew not only of the 'Boss', but also the plot of Kuma, and even the Pacifistas before anybody besides Sengoku seemingly knew, IMHO. He's no Boss, but he's close enough that he's not truly been worried about anybody, including his own abilities thus far.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote