One Piece 668 - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-25-2012, 12:35 AM   #31
NarutoCRO
Academy Student

NarutoCRO is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One Piece 668

I think the emperor is Big Mom because of the treasure they give to her with a bomb, and when big mom open the box and explode she will be pissed and try to kill straw hats and that will mess Low's plan, and they will be in danger and i think shanks will save them, or something like that.

Hi btw, and nice chapter...

Last edited by NarutoCRO; 05-25-2012 at 12:38 AM.
NarutoCRO is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-25-2012, 01:54 AM   #32
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
^That doesn't mean that Smoker's deductions are correct though. He's just making a guess based on what he knows at the moment.

Don Flamingo does seem like a (slight) possibility as well. Even if he has no desires for power, he seems like someone that would create havoc just for the lulz. He's like the ultimate troll.
There is a no chance it could be Don Flamingo. First off, what would be his motive; to kidnap children? He's the guy that likes to deal with more important things like fucking around with WG and the balance of power. Second, Smoker mentioned that the mole is from G5, meaning this person must have been working there for a while. Second, Don Flamingo is a Shichibukai. A pirate working at a Marine base would be weird. So I'm also gonna say it's someone new.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #33
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,657 Times in 1,600 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiegel View Post
There is a no chance it could be Don Flamingo. First off, what would be his motive; to kidnap children? He's the guy that likes to deal with more important things like fucking around with WG and the balance of power.
What are you basing your opinion of his personality off of exactly? So far he's been one of the most whimsical pirates shown. He killed his own subordinates just for losing to the SH's, gave away his Human Auction House just because it "didn't interest him anymore", and played around with marine officers like puppets while admirals were standing right there watching him.

Like I said, this guy is the ultimate trololololololol character in OP. Can't you just see him helping CC in his operations just to lulz at the results?

Quote:
Second, Smoker mentioned that the mole is from G5, meaning this person must have been working there for a while.
In case you missed it the first time...
Quote:
^That doesn't mean that Smoker's deductions are correct though. He's just making a guess based on what he knows at the moment.
If you were in Smokers position and something were only happening in your area, then you would naturally assume the culprit would have to be in that area also. NOBODY would automatically assume the person responsible would be the someone high up. Just like if a platoon of soldiers did something wrong in a war (Abu Ghraib comes to mind), your first guess would be to investigate the local and regional commanders, and not assume "ZOMG, the president must have ordered it!!!!!!", even though the possibility of the president ordering it is still there.

Quote:
Second, Don Flamingo is a Shichibukai. A pirate working at a Marine base would be weird.
Who knows what that guy does in his free time? We've seen most of the Shichibukai have other places they live when not being summoned to do stuff, but does that mean they can't hang around a Marine base if they wanted? They are government workers after all.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:05 PM   #34
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Quote:
What are you basing your opinion of his personality off of exactly? So far he's been one of the most whimsical pirates shown. He killed his own subordinates just for losing to the SH's, gave away his Human Auction House just because it "didn't interest him anymore", and played around with marine officers like puppets while admirals were standing right there watching him.

Like I said, this guy is the ultimate trololololololol character in OP. Can't you just see him helping CC in his operations just to lulz at the results?
My opinions are based off of exactly everything you just mentioned. Because of that I don't think he'd work for/with CC. He just seems to be the kind of person to screw around with people of higher standing for teh lulz. It explains why he'd easily try to kill Moria knowing it would upset the balance of power. He was amused by peoples perspective of justice and wants to live in a warped world.

Also, just examining the storyline for New World thus far and I believe Oda wants to focus more on the new generation and to fill in more plot holes. Vegapunk is one of the most hyped unknown character more and more talks about him has been prominent since before the time-skip starting with Franky finding his hometown and secret labs. Now we have an entire base created by Vegapunk. Oda is introducing more new characters and characters mentioned but unseen with significant purpose to create these stories. That's another reason why I think the mole could be another person.

But I do understand why you'd think its Don Flamingo, it could also be that he's controller the mole or the mole earnestly working for him.

Quote:
In case you missed it the first time...

If you were in Smokers position and something were only happening in your area, then you would naturally assume the culprit would have to be in that area also. NOBODY would automatically assume the person responsible would be the someone high up. Just like if a platoon of soldiers did something wrong in a war (Abu Ghraib comes to mind), your first guess would be to investigate the local and regional commanders, and not assume "ZOMG, the president must have ordered it!!!!!!", even though the possibility of the president ordering it is still there.

Who knows what that guy does in his free time? We've seen most of the Shichibukai have other places they live when not being summoned to do stuff, but does that mean they can't hang around a Marine base if they wanted? They are government workers after all.
Don Flamingo stands out too much which I'd guess he's got somebody else doing the dirty work for him. Or it could be someone else entirely new. Also, I'd had to guess its a fake Marine since he's been working at the base and Smoker doesn't get a long all too well with pirates if it was the case that Don Flamingo was working there.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 02:39 PM   #35
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

^ Just to clarify, I didn't suggest Don Flamingo was working for CC, but the opposite. He would be the "boss" by approaching CC with an offer to help set up his operations, just so he would get some crazy ass results/monsters, which he would then let loose upon the world for his amusement.

Just another thought, but we know Don Flamingo can control people like puppets. He was doing that well before the timeskip. With all the new abilities that we've seen from Law, is it possible Flamingo grew as a character as well and developed new ways of manipulating people, such as mentally controlling people. We still don't fully understand how his DF works anyway.

Like I said before, I only think Flamingo is a slight possibility. Akainu or one of the Gorosei would be better fits.

Last edited by ask me anything; 05-25-2012 at 03:10 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
uzumakinagato
Chuunin

uzumakinagato is an unknown quantity at this point

Since cc is a traitor of the WG i don't see how it could be Akainu since the WG made him fleet admiral and Akainu doesn't seem the type of guy with a "double agenda".

Btw is someone else also looking forward to the appearance of Coby?

My fav character, can't wait to see what happened with him, looking forward to see his new char. design.

I really have high hopes for this guy.

The eclips, damn that was fucked up....
uzumakinagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:56 PM   #37
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
Since cc is a traitor of the WG i don't see how it could be Akainu since the WG made him fleet admiral and Akainu doesn't seem the type of guy with a "double agenda".

My fav character, can't wait to see what happened with him, looking forward to see his new char. design.

I really have high hopes for this guy.
I actually am looking forward to Coby appearance too, I mean alot of possibilities with him he and Luffy had both started training in Haki and it was hinted he was going to learn from Garp so alot could happen with his character.

But I stand by what I said before I think its either Don Flamingo or the 'Boss' who told him to get rid of Moria.

And on the note of characters to see again, I'm dying to see BUGGY ! Just hope he did infact become a Warlord
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
PSJiraiya
Genin

PSJiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
He didn't know about Aokiji and Akainu's fight which made news world wise. So probably not.
I wouldn't expect him to be up on the news, but people were talking about the big confrontation between Shanks and Kaido and I couldn't remember whether Luffy may have overheard someone talking about it.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 PM   #39
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,276 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

If I recall that was marine intel, no one mentioned it making news.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 11:46 PM   #40
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by uzumakinagato View Post
What if CC doesn't really know who he's working for. Joker is clearly just an alias for whomever is pulling the strings. It's not like the two would have to meet in person to form an alliance. Akainu could have mislead CC into thinking he's some revolutionary or powerful pirate, and that his experiments would be used against the WG, not knowing the guy he's really working for would use it FOR the WG.

Quote:
Not really. I've never liked the kid for some reason. I don't think he'll be a major character in terms of fighting ability.

While we're on the subject, I know some people here seem to think Coby will eventually have a Garp/Roger type of relationship with Luffy, or some shit like that, but I doubt it. I think his role will be more to showcase the philosophical differences in the marines. I believe he and Helmeppo will have split up following the War. His acknowledgement that Coby can use haki, and just generally always seems a bit ahead of him will take him down a much darker path of jealousy and resentment. Thus the two will develop an Akoji/Akainu relationship that focuses on a battle between proud ideals and necessary evils.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:27 PM   #41
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
What if CC doesn't really know who he's working for. Joker is clearly just an alias for whomever is pulling the strings. It's not like the two would have to meet in person to form an alliance. Akainu could have mislead CC into thinking he's some revolutionary or powerful pirate, and that his experiments would be used against the WG, not knowing the guy he's really working for would use it FOR the WG.

Not really. I've never liked the kid for some reason. I don't think he'll be a major character in terms of fighting ability.

While we're on the subject, I know some people here seem to think Coby will eventually have a Garp/Roger type of relationship with Luffy, or some shit like that, but I doubt it. I think his role will be more to showcase the philosophical differences in the marines. I believe he and Helmeppo will have split up following the War. His acknowledgement that Coby can use haki, and just generally always seems a bit ahead of him will take him down a much darker path of jealousy and resentment. Thus the two will develop an Akoji/Akainu relationship that focuses on a battle between proud ideals and necessary evils.
At War of the Best 2, I suspect Coby will have a big part, and by duty he will fight against Luffy, and it won't be a cakewalk, but eventually Luffy will win without killing him. Coby will be a problem to other SH members I suspect. I wasn't a Coby fan initially, but I dug the 'new' Coby, still a little cowardly, but had some kind of skills which if you look at him and his Homey in the beginning with Garp, you'd think they'd always spend they're time in the Marines as kitchen help. He's gonna be different in the New World, not such a Luffy Fan Boy.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
At War of the Best 2, I suspect Coby will have a big part, and by duty he will fight against Luffy, and it won't be a cakewalk, but eventually Luffy will win without killing him. Coby will be a problem to other SH members I suspect.
The thing is, Coby only has a connection with Luffy and Zoro. All other SH's came after their first meeting. So if it comes to a fight it wouldn't make sense for Oda to have him fighting Brook or Franky, or any of the other people he really doesn't know. He'd either fight Luffy and get pwned badly, or not fight at all. That's why I say his character will follow more of a side story approach, at depicting the inner strife of the marines codes and ideology then actually fighting.

It would also work if Coby comes across information on the SH's motives and whereabouts, and has to struggle with the decision of whether to do his duty or turn a blind eye. Akoji and Garp have done the same thing by letting them go several times, when they could have easily annihilated them.

Quote:
I wasn't a Coby fan initially, but I dug the 'new' Coby, still a little cowardly, but had some kind of skills which if you look at him and his Homey in the beginning with Garp, you'd think they'd always spend they're time in the Marines as kitchen help. He's gonna be different in the New World, not such a Luffy Fan Boy

Yeah, I liked his character progression alright. My thing is, I just don't think he'll ever catch up enough power-wise to be a major character. He seems like he'll always be a side character like Tashigi that's just always seen hanging around the "big dogs", in his case Garp.
Old 05-26-2012, 07:54 PM   #43
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The thing is, Coby only has a connection with Luffy and Zoro. All other SH's came after their first meeting. So if it comes to a fight it wouldn't make sense for Oda to have him fighting Brook or Franky, or any of the other people he really doesn't know. He'd either fight Luffy and get pwned badly, or not fight at all. That's why I say his character will follow more of a side story approach, at depicting the inner strife of the marines codes and ideology then actually fighting.

It would also work if Coby comes across information on the SH's motives and whereabouts, and has to struggle with the decision of whether to do his duty or turn a blind eye. Akoji and Garp have done the same thing by letting them go several times, when they could have easily annihilated them.

Yeah, I liked his character progression alright. My thing is, I just don't think he'll ever catch up enough power-wise to be a major character. He seems like he'll always be a side character like Tashigi that's just always seen hanging around the "big dogs", in his case Garp.
But from Marinford, Coby's Haki is ridiculous too.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote