One Piece eps 549 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Anime

One Piece Anime Talk about the anime series One Piece here! Remember, this is anime only. No manga!

Old 05-27-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One Piece eps 549

http://www1.watchop.com/watch/one-pi...nglish-subbed/

Brook's scene was cool the rest was Meh. I wish they had extended Luffy vs Jinbei a bit.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
sFrog
Academy Student

sFrog is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One Piece eps 549

I'm not so sure about the manga, but I'm quite disappointed Nami didn't know Haki...

The clash could have been extended a bit, that's true
sFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sFrog View Post
I'm not so sure about the manga, but I'm quite disappointed Nami didn't know Haki...

The clash could have been extended a bit, that's true
Nami's never been in an environment to know Haki, and she dosen't have DF powers, like Ussopp told her before the time skip, those are the 2 most vunerable members of the SH's with no expectation of a great power boost, or hax, they survive off of their intelligence, wit, and knowledge. I'm glad everybody's not boosted, though I'm in the minority Ussopp and the freaking slingshot has worn out its welcome in my book.

At least the author was smart enough to enhance the capabilities with plants from that crazy island he trained on, and in the beginning, slingshot, for his character made sense. Now they're on the second half of the Grand Line, the enemies are retarded strong, and though everybody dosen't have to have the same weapons, I don't think anyone else in the One Piece Universe has been seen with one, its soon gonna be time for Ussopp to switch to guns even though a lot don't want him to be like his Dad specifically, but he's a sharpshooter. He needs a freaking gun in his hand, heck BB carries and I'm not thinking he's the best of shots, he relies too much on his DF, that will be his demise... watch.

I understand everyone dosen't have to have a 'smart' weapon, like the Dude from Ussopps island with the Cat Claws, but his tech not so far off of Wolverines, can't really hate on that much, except for the Stupid Cat Footwork. Tha slingshot though, ugh, its very near time for its end.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 05-27-2012 at 05:47 PM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:54 PM   #4
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
Nami's never been in an environment to know Haki, and she dosen't have DF powers, like Ussopp told her before the time skip, those are the 2 most vunerable members of the SH's with no expectation of a great power boost, or hax, they survive off of their intelligence, wit, and knowledge. I'm glad everybody's not boosted, though I'm in the minority Ussopp and the freaking slingshot has worn out its welcome in my book.

At least the author was smart enough to enhance the capabilities with plants from that crazy island he trained on, and in the beginning, slingshot, for his character made sense. Now they're on the second half of the Grand Line, the enemies are retarded strong, and though everybody dosen't have to have the same weapons, I don't think anyone else in the One Piece Universe has been seen with one, its soon gonna be time for Ussopp to switch to guns even though a lot don't want him to be like his Dad specifically, but he's a sharpshooter. He needs a freaking gun in his hand, heck BB carries and I'm not thinking he's the best of shots, he relies too much on his DF, that will be his demise... watch.

I understand everyone dosen't have to have a 'smart' weapon, like the Dude from Ussopps island with the Cat Claws, but his tech not so far off of Wolverines, can't really hate on that much, except for the Stupid Cat Footwork. Tha slingshot though, ugh, its very near time for its end.
I dont know I mean who is to say Weatheria scientists dont know about Haki ? But Im honestly not too bothered about Nami having haki just at this given moment think about it though man maybe in the future she might along with Ussop and the rest who dont as One Piece has only just hit there Time Skip, and that means were in for a shit tonnes of chapters still.

Sadly I disagree on the whole slingshot thing, I quite like it as its Ussops thing if that makes sence, nobody else uses it and I dont know if you saw the episode of Ussop Vs Luffy, anime wise they used a lot of stuff not in the manga like the ninja stars and such and proved to be of great use. Dont see Ussopp as being a person with guns, I mean the only people on the SH crew who have nothing against killing an opponent are Zoro and Robin, slicing or basically disabling them for life.

The cat claws, at the time they were cool but looking back and seeing them compared to what we have seen now yes i will agree very retarded.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (06-03-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 09:13 PM   #5
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

But onto the actual ep.

Quite enjoyed it, Brook was very very funny although seeing his powers got me thinking for a moment, seeing as it is a DF ability do you think someone with strong enough Haki could actually hit his soul form ?

Sanji speech near the end was very good even though ruined it with his ero personaility coming into it.

Love the soundtrack at the end with Luffy saying to Jinbei to move for the final time, one of the best tracks in anime for me, Hawk eyes and Zoro fight had it and when Hawk Eyes was about to fight Luffy at the War arc too.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote