Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-13-2012, 09:40 PM   #76
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Game of Thrones and other TV shenanigans

Ygritte is probably pretty average in real life... TV cameras just make everyone beautiful.

So, yeah, the scene with Jon was rather silly but I can understand the changes - they're going to have them captured and then meet back up with Halfhand for the resulting confrontation. Better TV story, really, and gives them a chance to begin the relationship between the two. Hopefully, they don't fuck up the rest between them.

Feels like I'm correct about the frog children. Unless they meet up later (doubt it), the job is Osha's. Absolutely don't get why she didn't stab Theon in his sleep at that point, given her character. So there's that.

The introduction of Roose Bolton was lacking - so much more there they could have fed off of. Needed a scene of him calling for Jamie's death for one. Really not setting things up for later.

So many other minor alterations that are hit and miss, but I really do not get the reason for Baelish to recognize Arya there. The books had her a complete mystery to all in Kings Landing... this seems, strange. I was hoping he'd just ignore her as a servent, which would have been more fitting. Ah well... see what they do with this
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #77
Axiom
[something clever]

Axiom is an unknown quantity at this point

I wonder how that is going to play out in the long run. I have been wondering what Osha and Rickon were up to on Skagos. From what little has been mentioned of the place it sounds interesting to say the least. I suppose whatever is planned for the books in that regard will be omitted entirely from the show.

As far as the Reed kids are concerned, I'm not particularly out of sorts that they haven't shown up. My only hope for them was to act as a window towards Howland, the only person left alive to have witnessed the Tower of Joy.
Axiom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #78
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

On the second book now, up to the part where the Reed children are introduced. (About 34% in, yay Kindles!)

I haven't seen yesterdays episode yet, but I'm told this is the one that GRRM wrote and it's the one they've been saving a lot of the budget for, so here's hoping for awesomeness.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #79
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Episode was awesome, and they spent 15% of the season's budget on the battle - it shows.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:12 AM   #80
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

It was incredibly well done, one of the best battle sequences I've ever seen. I loved the cheers of "Half-man! Half-man! Half-man!"
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 11:31 AM   #81
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

I'm waiting to watch the show until I finish the current books, just started on the fifth this morning.

Fucking infuriated me that Martin killed off Sandor Clegane, by the end of the third book he was by far my favorite side character. Maybe if he'd met his end in a more legendary way it wouldn't have been an issue, but I feel that character still had a lot of potential.

Last edited by Servo; 05-28-2012 at 11:43 AM.
Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 03:44 PM   #82
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Note to me: Don't click any spoiler tags. Fuck.

Just finished the episode a little while ago, so awesome. I loved that Stannis was literally leading his army into the battle while Joffrey was hiding like a pansy. Stannis has grown on me, the actor they chose didn't seem to match what I eventually read in the books, but I think he's grown into it and he's doing really well.

"Hundreds will die."
"Thousands."

I hope Davos isn't dead since he seems like one of the more interesting characters but he just seems to have gotten blown into the water.

Those war drums were awesome, made me want to go into battle myself.

"Those are brave men knocking at our door... let's go kill them!"

Last edited by Demi-God; 05-28-2012 at 03:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (05-29-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:11 PM   #83
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Last nights episode was pretty fucking good. The war was pretty well done, albeit short lived. Wild fire is some crazy nuke type shit apparently. I love how so much is going on in the show too. Maybe I need to go back and watch the end of it again, but why the fuck was the queen about to give that kid the nightshade(I think)?

Dog's a beast, but a I think Tyrion's bodyguard (don't know the characters name) would have fucked him up.

Can't help but wonder what's up with the rest of the Starks.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 04:19 PM   #84
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

The only part of the battle that irked me a little: Loras wasn't the one wearing Renly's armor, it was his brother posing as Renly's ghost seeking vengeance against Stannis. I know they changed it from the books because it makes better television to have Renly's lover seek vengeance, but the books had it better to show Loras fighting by "Renly"'s side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Servo View Post
I'm waiting to watch the show until I finish the current books, just started on the fifth this morning.

Fucking infuriated me that Martin killed off Sandor Clegane, by the end of the third book he was by far my favorite side character. Maybe if he'd met his end in a more legendary way it wouldn't have been an issue, but I feel that character still had a lot of potential.
There's a theory going around that the "Hound" is dead, but Clegane is still alive and living at the monastery. The theory claims that the Elder brother's statement of "burying the Hound" meant that he helped Sandor bury the "Hound" part of his personality.

Last edited by kael03; 05-28-2012 at 04:22 PM.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Servo (05-28-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 05:49 PM   #85
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
There's a theory going around that the "Hound" is dead, but Clegane is still alive and living at the monastery. The theory claims that the Elder brother's statement of "burying the Hound" meant that he helped Sandor bury the "Hound" part of his personality.
That's probably just the epitome of wishful thinking by people, but damn I hope it's true

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 05:55 PM   #86
Demi-God
BEST

When I read all the books, I'm coming back to this thread to click on all those spoiler tags. Then we'll see! THEN WE'LL SEE!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Servo (05-28-2012), Shrike (05-29-2012), Tzu Men (05-30-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 AM   #87
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda

Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute

I've been clicking them anyway. I'll forget most of the spoilers. Happens. x]

2 episodes behind in Game of Thrones. Watched a fuck ton of Sons of Anarchy. Also, Damages and Breaking Bad.

GoT isn't disappointing me but I'm not much of a critic of art or fantasy anymore. Was entirely bored with Jon and the wildling chick though... the sexual tension was lacking and since it kept getting thrown in my face, I was hoping one would just stab the other already. Preferably the chick, because let's face it, Jon is pretty. More fault of the acting really.

Arya and Daddy Lanny are definitely highlights. Also enjoy Tyrion and Cersei's scenes. Sounds like I'm missing out on the Baratheon brothers, but both were a-okay in my book. Natalie Dormir is a strangely hawt lady, and I enjoyed the Tudors the most when she was part of the cast, so hopefully Margaery will get more screen time.

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 06:32 AM   #88
Shino
I'm so happy because today I found my friends- they're in my head

Shino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond reputeShino has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Last nights episode was pretty fucking good. The war was pretty well done, albeit short lived. Wild fire is some crazy nuke type shit apparently. I love how so much is going on in the show too. Maybe I need to go back and watch the end of it again, but why the fuck was the queen about to give that kid the nightshade(I think)?
The kid she was holding was her youngest son, Tommen. If they lost the battle, then Stannis would have killed them both. She was going to give the poison to her son and herself so that Stannis wouldn't have the satisfaction of killing them himself.

Quote:
Dog's a beast, but a I think Tyrion's bodyguard (don't know the characters name) would have fucked him up.
If you're referring to Podric, the one who slayed the kings guardsmen who tried to kill Tyrion, then I highly doubt Pod would last against Sandor. Pod may do a complete 180, being clumsy and awkward out of battle, and being rather adept in battle, he's no equal to the Hound.

Quote:
Can't help but wonder what's up with the rest of the Starks.
The season is almost over, so we don't get to see much more of them until next season.

Gamertag: ShinoNC
Shino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:54 AM   #89
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Mest was referring to Bronn, not Podric. I agree with him that Bronn could take the Hound.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:29 AM   #90
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

That makes more sense. I was under the impression that it was only for her son. Though, I still would have taken my chances.

After searching the names, Mal was right, I was talking about Bronn. I really enjoy his character. I don't really know where the tension between the two came from, but I chuckled at the banter between them.

I won't hold my breathe for the Stark's. Kind of wondering what happened to Jon Snow though.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote