One Piece 669 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One Piece 669

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/669

Here it is.

Lol, did Law just freaking teleport from where he was with the SHs to the lab area ?

This guy just keeps getting more and more broken. Good feat for Zoro, decent comedy. Solid chapter overall, next week shit should get moving. Lol at Luffy crashing in and announcing their plans. Never change Luffy, never change.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-30-2012 at 07:38 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (05-30-2012), Gakure (05-31-2012), NeoKakarott023 (05-30-2012), Tmoore (05-30-2012)

Old 05-30-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: One Piece 669

I don't get how Luffy/Franky/Robin got there? Robin had wings? So confused. Wonder where Usopp and Nami are.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #3
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
I don't get how Luffy/Franky/Robin got there?
Probably a Coup de Bust boost while using Luffy was a platform.

Quote:
Robin had wings? So confused.
She used them to land safely. Wouldn't it be insane if she engaged Monet in aerial combat ?

Lol at Brook's reaction to Zoro displaying sense of direction.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
I don't get how Luffy/Franky/Robin got there? Robin had wings? So confused. Wonder where Usopp and Nami are.
Robins done the wing thing before, not new.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Probably a Coup de Bust boost while using Luffy was a platform.

She used them to land safely. Wouldn't it be insane if she engaged Monet in aerial combat ?

Lol at Brook's reaction to Zoro displaying sense of direction.
Great chapter good laughs and its all going to start getting even more better next chapter, with some of Robin and Franky getting the spotlight.

Actually I have been thinking that for a little bit since Thriller Bark, Robin said she could only keep the wings for 10 seconds, but think she did have Franky weighing her down at the time. And from what we have seen so far with her Menos hands in seawater mind you. So I think there is a good chance Robin has been able to increase the time she can use her wings. And that would be the best person to fight against Monet at this moment.

Oh Luffy you can never get tired of him, most likely Law is smacking his head against a wall saying to himself. " What was I thinking " " Why did I tell him the full plan "
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Buck09 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (05-30-2012), Gakure (05-31-2012), NeoKakarott023 (05-30-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (05-31-2012), UzumakiUchiha (06-03-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #6
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

awesome chapter...great seeing Robin break out her wings..and yes the humor was in effect....Law's face, Zoro's shocking slice of that ice sickle landing, Tashigi using smoka's body out of control, Smoker San eyeing down SH's...just epic every fucking turn! So CC used the slime and condensed it making it his own....this guy is coveting Orochimaru so bad lol. Luffy I freaking love u homie! Let's make one huge crash and tell all to everyone!!! Robin's pose was kinda boss...i def believe her and Franky will get their deserving spotlight.. Man so much to look forward to...
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to apacolypz For This Useful Post:
UzumakiUchiha (06-03-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,770 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

I do also wonder if Robin has full flight ability now. Maybe the bird chick with Ceaser is a set up for those two to fight. Can't wait for the fights to officially begin.

At least we can rest easy knowing that Zoro and the rest weren't done in by the bigfoot brothers in hand to hand combat. Although Zoro should have been able to sense them with his haki. Since Sanji is inside Nami's body I wonder if that could affect his use of haki. Either way, pretty good chapter.

Also, Pandaman strikes again

“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 05-30-2012 at 04:02 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
Gakure (05-31-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (05-31-2012), uzumakinagato (05-31-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:19 PM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

What other applications do you guys foresee for Law's DF ?

So far he has-

Shambles- switches the location of 2 objects of similar size, can switch around souls
Tact- Basically telekinesis while inside Room.
Scan- Can detect and take away any object the opponent has via teleportation
Mes- Heart removal

This chapter implies that he can have more than 1 Room opened at the same time. He left one at the entrance of the lab and then teleported into it, possibly by switching himself with one of the guards he cut down. That has enormous battle potential.

Last edited by Dagoro; 05-30-2012 at 07:20 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (05-31-2012), Gakure (05-31-2012), NeoKakarott023 (05-31-2012), UzumakiUchiha (06-03-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 07:32 PM   #9
ronnie_10
Genin

ronnie_10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Its about time sanji and esp zoro start making some good use of haki, Luffy pretty much spams haki now.. Decent chapter, gonna have to read it again, too much stuff happened (or I was just tired)
ronnie_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #10
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

From Law's explanation it seems there is something hindering him from taking on CC. I bet it is about his crew. Or maybe he needs something from CC that he cant get even if he is able to defeat him. So suspicious.

Sanji, Zoro, Brook facing off with Slime I think is too much of a tall order, seeing that they were knocked out by a mere sleeping gas (for the second time). I expect them to run.

Luffy facing the remaining marines and announcing the plan was sooo in place I couldnt stop laughing. Franky's laser shd break down the door and let the action begin. Cant wait.

Looks like marines stole CC's boat. This could get complicated

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
What other applications do you guys foresee for Law's DF ?

So far he has-

Shambles- switches the location of 2 objects of similar size, can switch around souls
Tact- Basically telekinesis while inside Room.
Scan- Can detect and take away any object the opponent has via teleportation
Mes- Heart removal

This chapter implies that he can have more than 1 Room opened at the same time. He left one at the entrance of the lab and then teleported into it, possibly by switching himself with one of the guards he cut down. That has enormous battle potential.
Law is as scary as Don Flamingo now, and he's the Dude I'd never want to face, the only other that would throw some fear in me would be BB. DF abilities, haki, and other shit can at least give you a shot against other people, not so easily with these 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
From Law's explanation it seems there is something hindering him from taking on CC. I bet it is about his crew. Or maybe he needs something from CC that he cant get even if he is able to defeat him. So suspicious.

Sanji, Zoro, Brook facing off with Slime I think is too much of a tall order, seeing that they were knocked out by a mere sleeping gas (for the second time). I expect them to run.

Luffy facing the remaining marines and announcing the plan was sooo in place I couldnt stop laughing. Franky's laser shd break down the door and let the action begin. Cant wait.

Looks like marines stole CC's boat. This could get complicated
Honestly these are the best 3 SH's to face the Slime. Zoro's techs can keep the slim at bey, and Brooks already dead, the slime shouldn't be effective vs. him, but at the same time, HOW THE FUCK DO YOU DESTROY SLIME THAT OBVIOUSLY WON'T BURN SANJI (PUT THAT FIRE LEG DOWN), YOU CAN'T CUT ZORO, BROOK, AND OBVIOUSLY IS IMPERVIOUS TO COLD BECAUSE ITS ABOUT TO ATTACK IN THE SNOW.....I hope its not as dumb as destroying Moria's shit.... salt water. I'm thinking the Orochimaru Wannabe on Crack's demise will be the key somehow.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

Old 05-31-2012, 04:18 PM   #12
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The scary thing is that Law might not even be the most hax person in OP. I still think Kuma will be the king of hax by the end of the manga, being able to repel non tangible things like pain and damage is absolutely ridiculous. I also want to see him repel something gigantic, like an island or a huge Sea King.

I can't wait to see Bonney, Hawkings and Apoo.

Blueno has a ridiculously hax DF. Oda really underplayed it, he could easily lock people away in other dimensions.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 PM   #13
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
The scary thing is that Law might not even be the most hax person in OP. I still think Kuma will be the king of hax by the end of the manga, being able to repel non tangible things like pain and damage is absolutely ridiculous. I also want to see him repel something gigantic, like an island or a huge Sea King.

I can't wait to see Bonney, Hawkings and Apoo.

Blueno has a ridiculously hax DF. Oda really underplayed it, he could easily lock people away in other dimensions.
What do you think the possibilities of existing members (Ussopp, Nami) at some point gaining DF powers? Nami's the Navigator so her being entangled in hand to hand battles isn't as much of a given as Ussopp. I'm thinking they have few options with this Dude, either eventually change his weapon, or give him DF powers. If he's still rockin a slingshot during the final 10 chapters of the manga, I'd say sad, and poor character development there. Eventually he's gonna run into an opponent currently that will either massacre, or eat his plant hax's whole, watch.

I speak 4 languages...

Old 05-31-2012, 06:59 PM   #14
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

The probability of them getting DFs is extremely low.

Both Nami and Usopp are meant to be normal ( -ish. Usopp has taken ridiculous amounts of damage and survived ), and get by due to their intellect. As for Usopp, I do think that he will start mixing it up by using hard projectiles and dials again, or at least I hope so. The plants are cool and all but it is getting tiring.

He could upgrade his slingshots further down the road, but I don't see him getting guns anytime soon. He doesn't need it, the guy can snipe with 100% accuracy from 1km away.

He will need to be even better once he fights Van Augur. Van Augur is based off a character named Adolphus from the Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Adolphus was so ridiculously skilled at sniping that he could detach an apple from a tree from 900 freaking miles away. Imagine Van Augur at the end of the series....imagine Yasopp.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #15
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

Good chapter, like that they explained how zoro and company lost.. So does anyone know what law is talking about"preventing him from doing that" in the bottom right panel

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/68854466/18.. could master have something on him? I keep getting smoker and zoro mixed up, they're dressed alike.lol

Last edited by SirBenoit; 05-31-2012 at 09:03 PM.
SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote