The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 1000 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 05-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #14986
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

I don't see any problem with it, other than the obvious "You could get killed in some backwater nation." Not like you'd have to be a frontline grunt, anyways. Could always be a mechanic, or a pencil-pusher.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #14987
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Yeah, I dunno. I've been giving it a lot of thought lately. I want the "experience" of it all. I want to be able to see, do, and experience things most other people would never get to do. Plus, Guns <3. They'd also help, if not put me through school.

My problem with it is fighting for what I believe to be a broken and corrupt government. Just seems like a sweet deal.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #14988
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Find a nation you like near the top of this list. Move there. Enlist.

Obviously there would be many hoops to jump through in the process.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 AM   #14989
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

I have no qualms about fighting for AMERICA. I mean, c'mon, AMERICA. You listed the reasons why I'd join, particularly the financial stability (if I survive, PROMOTIONS, and such). I am planning on enlisting, probably, after I graduate, though, so I'll have a degree and not start out at the bottom of the totem pole.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:56 AM   #14990
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Huh. South Sudan has the same level of government corruption as the Atlantic Ocean.

Also, seems like a very positive rating for the Harper Government. Not saying they shouldn't be yellow, but things are getting worse.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:22 PM   #14991
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post

Malaysia is 4.3?

C'mon you have to pay the govt under the table for almost anything.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:54 AM   #14992
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

I'd be down for Australia, maybe. Did you know the minimum wage in Australia is $15 dollars an hour? Most of the US and especially where I'm from the minimum wage is $7.25. Sure they pay a bit more for gasoline and other such imports, but overall they have a much much healthier economy. Which, to me, is something to think about.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
Old 05-31-2012, 05:44 AM   #14993
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

And the Malaysian govt wondering why highly competent Malaysian run to Australia and don't want come back............

because we Malaysian believe in befriending the ministers who will give us million dollar projects and then we sub it to some people and enjoy the money while doing nothing.

aaaaaaand if anyone question us, we put them in jail for disturbing the peace.

god I hate my country.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:26 AM   #14994
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
I'd be down for Australia, maybe. Did you know the minimum wage in Australia is $15 dollars an hour? Most of the US and especially where I'm from the minimum wage is $7.25. Sure they pay a bit more for gasoline and other such imports, but overall they have a much much healthier economy. Which, to me, is something to think about.
It's actually $15.51 as of last year, and I now have a reason for them to stop bitching about paying more for everything. I doubt I will have to though, given that the only Aussie I know makes significantly more than minimum.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:51 AM   #14995
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Why are people comparing the Australian and American dollar like they're in any way the same currency? Just because it says "dollar" doesn't mean the exchange rate is equal. Jesus.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #14996
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

The exchange rate doesn't have to be equal to compare the two. Even so, I haven't seen anyone compare them like they're the same, that's just stupid.

Obviously I wouldn't want to make my money in Aussie and spend in the US. Exchange rates aside, Australia still has the more comfortable economy.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #14997
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

DIdn't you say this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Are these the same dollars? Or Australian vs US dollars? Also, can you even compare minimum wage without giving some information on quality/cost of living in each country? It is a terrible comparison just to say that because you get more minimum wage in Australia things are better - especially if you aren't talking the same currency.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #14998
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Pfffft, I could make a few thousand dollars per hour... in Zimbabwe.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 12:34 PM   #14999
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
DIdn't you say this?
I did.

Quote:
Are these the same dollars? Or Australian vs US dollars? Also, can you even compare minimum wage without giving some information on quality/cost of living in each country? It is a terrible comparison just to say that because you get more minimum wage in Australia things are better - especially if you aren't talking the same currency.
Australian vs US dollars. The cost of living in Aus. is considerably higher than the US due to its large amount of imports. Likewise, the amount of pay is considerably higher to compensate for that. Like the US though many people there make above minimum wage. Not only that, they only have %5 percent unemployment rate compared to the %8 percent we have here. No doubt that the US economy is much larger, but clearly Australia's is the more stable one. Australia was also one of the only country's that didn't go into recession during this last financial crisis. Also seeing as how the exchange rate is $0.97 to one of our dollar, I don't see how it's a far stretch to compare the two.

Old 05-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #15000
Mal
Scotch

They're close enough to the same. I always thought it would suck to live in Australia and have to pay a quite a bit more for almost everything, but if their minimum wage is 50% higher than ours with a roughly equivalent currency then the additional costs are negligible.