Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Anime & Manga

Anime & Manga Talk about some other anime and manga series in this section of the forum!

Old 06-02-2012, 08:11 PM   #1
Duncan33
The Unknown Quantity

Duncan33 is on a distinguished roadDuncan33 is on a distinguished road
Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8

http://www.anime44.com/avatar-the-le...orra-episode-8

Pretty intense episode... Things are starting to come together. I really think Tarrlok has something to do with Amon. Either he is working for Amon or he is Amon and has somehow gained the power to energybend and bypass bloodbending's restrictions.

P.S. Ikki pretty much initiated the love triangle between Korra, Mako and Asami so things will get pretty interesting from here.

Last edited by Duncan33; 06-02-2012 at 08:17 PM.
Duncan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Duncan33 For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (06-02-2012), xxMESTxx (06-03-2012)

Old 06-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #2
platinumrug
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanked 3,034 Times in 1,400 Posts
platinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really niceplatinumrug is just really nice
Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra Episode 8

Loved this episode, talk about being completely shocked seeing that Tarrlok was a fucking blood bender. That flashback she had, looks like it might've been tarrlok's father or something on trial and he blood bended his way out of it or something, sokka, toph and aang were all taken by surprise and even a few people in the stands were too. Crazy episode.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:15 PM   #3
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

It's rather strange that Yakone, can bloodbend so many people while handcuffed. I'm willing to believe that the young man behind Aang is Tarrlok and he is following his father's path to gain power or revenge.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:22 PM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Absolutely fantastic.

The mystery deepens, and Korra must be close to meeting with Aang, it's about freaking time already. Her battle with Tarlok was ridiculous, and talk about in your face social commentary. This reflects a lot of past and on going things happening in real life. Korra got owned by Ikki, her face was hilarious when the kid blurted out that she liked Mako. I thought for a second that Tarlok was going to energy bend her ass, but her fire breath at the end disproved that.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
platinumrug (06-05-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 05:54 AM   #5
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Holy. Crap. Mouth was wide open during those last 5 minutes. WTF.

The wait for next week is going to be excruciating.

I think the theory about Yakone being Tarlok's father is becoming more and more likely. Maybe Tarlok/Amon DOES have some spiritual help? With all the non-full moon bending bloodbending and "energybending" going on, makes you wonder. I think Icedragon is spot on with the young tarlok in the flashback, looks exactly like him.

Last edited by op101; 06-03-2012 at 05:56 AM.
op101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:02 AM   #6
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Maybe amon and tarlok are brothers and to avenge their father they took two very different route.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:11 AM   #7
op101
Genin

Whoah whoah whoah. What if Amon's not actually taking people's powers away but somehow altering them using BLOODBENDING. lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #8
k-lai
ANBU

k-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enoughk-lai will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
Whoah whoah whoah. What if Amon's not actually taking people's powers away but somehow altering them using BLOODBENDING. lol.
You may be right cos taking peoples bending away is seriously avatar exclusive shit
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to k-lai For This Useful Post:
kluang (06-03-2012), Tmoore (06-04-2012)
Old 06-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #9
icedraon620
God of Tanukis

icedraon620 is on a distinguished roadicedraon620 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by op101 View Post
Holy. Crap. Mouth was wide open during those last 5 minutes. WTF.

The wait for next week is going to be excruciating.

I think the theory about Yakone being Tarlok's father is becoming more and more likely. Maybe Tarlok/Amon DOES have some spiritual help? With all the non-full moon bending bloodbending and "energybending" going on, makes you wonder. I think Icedragon is spot on with the young tarlok in the flashback, looks exactly like him.
Someone revealed to me that the man can't be Tarrlok because he is 37 and the flashbacks are from 42 years ago. Much more likely to be Yakone's son, father of Tarrlok.
Old 06-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #10
op101
Genin

Thought I'd share this. Very good analysis/summary. Especially the bit about Katara.

http://birdbrainblue.tumblr.com/post...the-flashbacks
Old 06-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #11
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

^^^^ that theory is way too accurate
Old 06-04-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

dude, that's one epic prediction.

and pretty accurate too. but i have a question, because we've seen toph and sokka in the flashbacks. but we have yet to see katara or zuko.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #13
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
dude, that's one epic prediction.

and pretty accurate too. but i have a question, because we've seen toph and sokka in the flashbacks. but we have yet to see katara or zuko.
zuko is conformed to be alive. A senile and wise former fire lord and somehow he is divorce with mai at some point and now travels the world. I hope he make an appearance soon.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
op101
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
but we have yet to see katara or zuko.
Yep, that theory talks about Katara. And what they mention sort of makes sense because "Yakone's" eyes go crazy at one point which I guess could be because someone's bloodbending him?

And with Zuko, I have a feeling he probably won't make an appearance until next season. He's supposed to have a daughter too :S
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #15
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
zuko is conformed to be alive. A senile and wise former fire lord and somehow he is divorce with mai at some point and now travels the world. I hope he make an appearance soon.
how do you have these scoops about zuko. kinda sucks about him and mai if that is true.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote