The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 1002 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 07-11-2012, 09:43 PM   #15016
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Ugh, fat people. Kill, maim, burn them all.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-12-2012), Tabris (07-12-2012), xxMESTxx (07-12-2012)

Old 07-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #15017
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
Actually, it really doesn't. Awesomeness running in the family was a purposely fictitious statement, not because of the semantics of family vs clade, but literally what makes a Chicken awesome has nothing to do with what makes a T-rex awesome genetic-wise. Your semantical correction of the fictitious statement turns out to still be fictitious as well, then, since we're pointing out "actually-ies."
Sorry... what?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (07-11-2012), Miburo (07-12-2012), Scientia (07-11-2012)
Old 07-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #15018
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

I was wondering who's this Scientia dude until mibs addressed him with Fayrra. nice to see you're still around, Man.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 12:18 AM   #15019
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Hey, Fayrra bro. I do not believe those glorious red-named forum goers intended to insult your intellect or correct your statement with their recent posts. Which would perhaps make your counter-offensive a tad bit of an overreaction, maybe.
I was trying not to assume what their intention was per see, though I'm sure you'd know better than I. So I'd just agree with you there having seen your input now.

But the reason for the overreaction was because I was talking about chickens, and T-rexs with lazers on their backs (at least I planned to talk about lazers somewhere in there and forgot), and all I got in return was Superiority and Clades. Because the Chicken and T-rex was basically ignored, I lost my raging boner, and resorted to technical logic and technical semantics respectively. In a playful kind of "I have blue balls now" way. I wasn't seriously super duper attacking them, or anything, though. Red-names are pretty awesome. Though I admit, out of Lonely and ACt, I've seen more of ACt's posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Sorry... what?
Assuming awesomeness runs in the genetic pool of the 'groups of those with common ancestors' (that is what a Clade is, correct?), then correcting family with clade is a completely correct statement. But it turns out awesomeness does not run in the genetic pool of the groups, since I was just joking about intuition and preferences and such, when I said "turns out it runs in the family, durr." Meaning, if it doesn't run in the family, it also does not, technically, run in the clade. The whole thing falls apart.

In other words I'm lame.

Last edited by Scientia; 07-12-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Scientia is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scientia For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #15020
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
But the reason for the overreaction was because I was talking about chickens, and T-rexs with lazers on their backs (at least I planned to talk about lazers somewhere in there and forgot), and all I got in return was Superiority and Clades. Because the Chicken and T-rex was basically ignored, I lost my raging boner, and resorted to technical logic and technical semantics respectively. In a playful kind of "I have blue balls now" way. I wasn't seriously super duper attacking them, or anything, though. Red-names are pretty awesome. Though I admit, out of Lonely and ACt, I've seen more of ACt's posts.
Sorry... what?
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-13-2012), Miburo (07-12-2012), Scientia (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #15021
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

Scientist is fayrra? Good to know for the few and far between times I leave OH

SO! Being a girl:

I was given a gift card for a gas station I don't usually go to, and I needed gas this morning.
Usually I pay at the pump and get my own petrol, but when I tried the GC at the pump, it said "not approved." being not a moron I realized that the pump didn't accept gift cards, or the card was faulty, so I went inside to pre-pay.

I wanted to pre pay because:
1) I had no other money for gas but that card
2) I'm really bad at getting the gas to an exact dollar amount
3) if the card was faulty and I pumped gas already I'd be so fucked.

So a male cashier, in maybe his late 30's, early 40's calls me to his till and I hold up the gift card and say "so I guess the pumps don't accept these?"
"No"
"in that case I'd like to prepay." I answer
"Pump 13?" he says and starts poking at his computer.
That confused me, particularily because there was a large truck with a fella still pumping gas at #13. "No, pump 11."

He looks at his monitor "there's nothin on pump 11."

I can see how this is conversation is gonna move along super slow, "I know, I tried to pay at the pump with the gift card but it told me it was not accepted, soni pressed cancel and I've come inside to prepay for my gas."

I shouldn't have specified because that lead to the man being interested in what the pump had said. "it shouldn't say that. I'm gonna go out to look at it" Before I could answer/repeat myself an older lady (mid 50's) comes out of the back room and he asks her about gift cards at the pumps.

She answers his question to me, saying "we can only take gift cards inside"

"yeah, I figured that out when the pump told me it wasn't accepted."

At this point the man says "should we send her over to the full serve pumps then?" she looks confused so he says that I should come out to the pump with him so he can take a look at it.

I didn't follow him, as he rushed out the door. I smiled weakly at the lady and said "I just wanted to pre-pay."

"oh!" She exclaims, "we're not set up for pre-payments, but we will be getting that set up in a couple of weeks."

So I went outside to pump my petrol and that guy is still standing there looking at the pump. As I approach him I say, "so she said there is no pre-pay option do I'll just pump my gas and then see you inside in a couple minutes."

"oh, ok," he starts, "So you press 2 to pay at the pump which you are not doing, so you'll need to press number 1, to pay inside, like it says right up here, you just have to follow the prompts." he preses the 1 for me.

"yes, I know, I'll see you inside." I said, trying to hold my tongue.
He continues, trying to reach past me to grab the handle of the pump hose, "you just lift the nozzle and select the grade you want, one of these three buttons down here."

I pick up the nozzle before he can, stick it in my car and select the grade and start pumping fuel.
"yes sir, I know how to pump gas. See you inside."

When I get inside to pay (I managed to pump it exactly the right $ amount! It's a first for me!) he says "so you got it to work then? Pump 11 right?"
I said nothing, handed him the gift card, waited just long enough to be sure it'd gone through and walked away without so much as answering his farewells or other questions.

I don't know if it's because I was dressed like a fucking adorable Lolita this morning, or just because I'm a girl, but pumping gas is almost idiot proof, mother fuckers.

Last edited by Tabris; 07-12-2012 at 02:19 AM.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-13-2012), Miburo (07-12-2012), Scientia (07-12-2012), xxMESTxx (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 06:38 AM   #15022
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,473 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

ITT Fayrra drops his spaghetti everywhere.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-13-2012), Miburo (07-12-2012), Scientia (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 07:59 AM   #15023
ACt
Heart Wizard

ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I don't know Scientia from Fayrra, but I was just making a simple taxonomy joke.
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-12-2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 10:05 AM   #15024
Scientia
Francesca

Scientia is on a distinguished roadScientia is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
ITT Fayrra drops his spaghetti everywhere.
This is none of your concern Jaxon, for I am an adult.

Going from place to place

Alpha male, I must be

But everywhere I go people rustle my jimmies

Fall, does the spaghetti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
He continues, trying to reach past me to grab the handle of the pump hose, "you just lift the nozzle and select the grade you want, one of these three buttons down here."
Oh, man. I legitimately suck at putting gas in the car. I remember my first time. Fuck did I feel retarded, like when playing Resident Evil 3 for the first time, I was just sitting there for what seemed like hours trying to solve that sewer machine puzzle (I think). But yeah, so far in my experience the gas station sometimes varies and this first one was slightly more than just "lift the nozzle, select the grade." You had to like flip a switch that the nozzle was sitting on after removing the nozzle and the prompt simply said "lift the construct," or some shit. Eventually the thing kicked me out. And then another time I was told me to pick the grade, so I picked it, but it turns out I wasn't pushing it hard enough. So I'm sitting here, pressing it over and over, and eventually I just punch the thing. The sad part being my punch had just as much force as any normal press from an average human being.
Old 07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #15025
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabris View Post

I don't know if it's because I was dressed like a fucking adorable Lolita this morning, or just because I'm a girl, but pumping gas is almost idiot proof, mother fuckers.
For some people it's not. There is this girl.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:19 AM   #15026
Tabris
Sexy Lady

Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice

Only 20 seconds of that video was enough to make me feel intense second-hand-shame, and embarrassment for my gender.
the rest was excruciating.

Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Spiegel (07-16-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 02:20 AM   #15027
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough

Hey. It's been a while.

...Understatement?
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to T9F For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-25-2012), Miburo (07-25-2012), Numinous (07-25-2012), Shrike (07-26-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #15028
ACt
Heart Wizard

I have vague memories of you. Completely forget who Tech N9ne is.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (07-25-2012), Numinous (07-25-2012), T9F (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:20 PM   #15029
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I remember T9 being awesome and reading glorious AG tales.

Welcome back, comrade.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Shrike (07-26-2012), T9F (07-25-2012)
Old 07-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #15030
T9F
OOOH CHAMPAGNE

Thanked 1,124 Times in 407 Posts
T9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enoughT9F will become famous soon enough

If you are who I think you are, my computer went full retard shortly after you started visiting the spam zone. Was your name by any chance longer before?

I wish I could forget who Tech N9ne is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
I remember T9 being awesome and reading glorious AG tales.

Welcome back, comrade.
I've waited two years to read Shrike's GLORIOUS fan fic. (As well as all the others, of course.)

Last edited by T9F; 07-25-2012 at 01:24 PM.
T9F is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T9F For This Useful Post:
Mal (07-25-2012), Miburo (07-25-2012), Shrike (07-26-2012)