The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 1005 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2012, 02:32 PM   #15061
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Sorry to derail this interesting discussion, but I'm in a software pickle now.

Beware: kind of a dimwit when it comes to technical stuff, so it might look easy to you but it's hell for me.

So I downloaded software for biochemistry study by imagery... and it has BIN files on it to install certain components and I can't figure out how to extract the damn files. I tried to convert them to ISO, didn't work because ISO 9660 is not found and can't figure out how to find it. I also tried to use freeware that says it can extract from BIN files... it doesn't extract at all or asks for CUE files I don't have.

Can someone please explain what to do in this scenario?
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-11-2012)


Old 08-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #15062
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Instead of converting them with a program. Just rename the file extension .ISO instead of .BIN. If that doesn't work use a program like Fireburner or Iso buster. Where did you get the program from? It should have had the .CUE files.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-03-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #15063
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,817 Times in 3,843 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

PowerISO

I'm not sure that there is a free version available, you may have to find an "alternative" method of procuring it.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-03-2012)
Old 08-02-2012, 09:01 PM   #15064
Darth-Nero
Victory!
 
Darth-Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Egypt
Age: 26
Posts: 175
Thanks: 2,614
Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Daemon tools is the best out there when it comes to creating virtual drives and mounting images. It was always free but i guess the "buy" part is all about some extra options that aren't needed for casual users.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-03-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 AM   #15065
Tabris
Sexy Lady
 
Tabris's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: in a box, out side your house, with binoculars.
Posts: 778
Thanks: 5,568
Thanked 4,329 Times in 1,961 Posts
Tabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really niceTabris is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

see, i figure this jerk guy was dumped by a girl for "religious reasons" and that's why he's so butt hurt.

I can't help with the software issues, i have no knowledge about that stuff
i have Mal for that.

so they've changed the dress code at work, goign into effect on the 18th.
i don't usually care that much, except that they told us that you can't wear sweaters between may and thanksgiving... but the store thermostat is set to 17 and the front end is where all the air conditioning ducts are! i'm cold all the fuck time!

on top of that they have new shirts for the girls to wear if they want to wear their shirts untucked, shits with no pockets...
girl pants don't actally have pockets that can HOLD anything...
so now where do i put all my papers and pens and highlighters and markers and work phone?

If i wear a shirt with pockets it must be tucked in... because looking like a billowing sail that's all pulled tight at the bottom is super appealing.

anywyas, that's all i have to say. Other than that i still love working at Cabelas.
Tabris is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tabris For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-03-2012), Miburo (08-11-2012)
Old 08-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #15066
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Thanks for the help, but I got it fixed. Had to create .CUE files from scratch to match the .BIN files and it worked.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-11-2012)
Old 08-10-2012, 07:22 PM   #15067
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄
 
Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Silent Hill
Posts: 5,154
Thanks: 7,863
Thanked 9,848 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

I always miss debates.

Anyway, I dunno guys. This guy Jerk sounds like he needs a vent, but it doesn't seem so far away from my logic. I mean, sure, he came out as a moron when he said the shit about using your body while you are young or whatever, but his stance is okay.

For me, sex is an important part of the relationship. No matter how old I will get and how much less sex will I have if I am in a long term relationship, there is a part of it when the sex is important and it can very well break your relationship no matter how "similar" you two are. Read below in my response for further explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
"You better have sex before entering into a long term relationship/marriage because if the sex is bad the whole relationship will suffer and fail."
But it can be true. I mean, I can meet a super awesome chick who is a cool person and all and when we go into bed she lies there like a mannequin without letting a sound because she is all shy or whatever and I feel like I'm fucking a corpse, I would tell her to at least try to change that or bye bye. Really. There is a level of tolerance for this sex stuff. For example I've been in a relationship where this girl wants to turn off the light every time before sex because she is shy. Another one was afraid of my dick (what the fuck??) so she did the same. She said penises scare her, but that didn't stop her from swallowing my load (because she likes to please people). What? No really, there is a level of weirdness I can take and talk it over.

Some things are just too much. There are people who are not too much into sex. Not joking, met several. There was this one chick who kept saying that "it doesn't matter to her". Well, it matters to ME. I want her to want me. I don't want to have someone who is all like "sure, we can have sex, yeah", but jump on my dick like I jump on her pussy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
If you based the choice of your marriage heavily based on sex, once the sex life slows, you're probably going to be less happy. Wouldn't be surprised that most divorces occur because A) after the sex there is nothing in common B) they loved the sex that when it waned they wanted the excitement back and left for someone else.
Marriage is a different thing than a relatioship, so I wouldn't know, but the same works for marriages if they are sudden or happened when the two were young.

You say that they might have nothing in common after the sex, and I agree, but the reverse is also applicable. Albeit a lot less in importance, you can discover that your sex life is very boring and that you are pretty much stuck with it when you get married.

That is why, for me, it's important to try out things before the marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
People can have completely healthy and reward relationships without sex and, quite honestly, when put less emphasis on sex, they develop stronger happier relations with another. If there is physical attraction, the issue of sex will work itself out - this girl wouldn't be the first to ignore a religious decree to get some.
What if there is very little physical attraction but a lot of attraction to the personality? There is that, too. Besides, it doesn't mean that sex will work itself out if there is simply physical attraction.

And honestly, I can't have a healthy relationship without sex. I need it, and it completes my relationship. If the sex part is bad, than it means I will need to sate my appetites somewhere else, meaning cheating on my wife, which sucks balls. Sure, the sex part gets less important later, but never unimportant. There are too many cheaters out there just because their sex appetites are not sated (and they thought they will cope with it or that it will work out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
If someone wants to wait, I'm prefectly ok if they tell me a magic man tells them to. It doesn't affect me. If someone tells me their magic man tells me that I should wait when I don't want to and my partner is willing, THAT'S when you get to call them crazy. Atheists need to accept that people are going to believe in god and so long as it doesn't impact their lives, they can stop calling people stupid.
But it does affect you. If a chick tells me that the said magic man wants her to wait until marriage, I can respect that, but I cannot stay in a relationship because it affects my perception of a relationship. I don't care if the girl is an atheist or a believer; she can be whatever she wants, but if we don't talk things out to the best of both of our interests, then too bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mibs
I don't understand the sexual compatibility thing they were talking about. Like, if a chick is wife material then I probably find her pretty damn hawt and non-bitchy and shit. I can't imagine a situation where when I go to bang her she'll be so horrible at it that there is no hope of me ever enjoying banging her. If she's doing something crazy stupid like axe kicking my ballsack or something...I'll just tell her to stop. She'd have to have a vagoo full of razor sharp fangs or something. But even then, I dunno. I could probably even live with that. It'd be like battling a kraken with my dong. It'd be like she married me because she knew I was the only dude bad ass enough to be able to bang her. Fucking awesome.
But there is such a thing as sexual compatibility. I learned that the hard way (just like everything else), as I am sure you did, too.

You can think at first that the chick is wife material, but as the relationship progresses, things change. For example, she was super happy in the first 4-7 months, never bitched about a thing and loved everything about you. Then, for example, comes a period where you spend much more time with her then you did before. She appears bitchy, completely unorganized and whimsy (like my woman atm, which I somehow cope with, for now), blames everything on you, can't say sorry even when proved wrong, etc etc, and nothing of that did you even get a glimpse of before.

The same thing goes for sex, too, so it's important to check all grounds before going to the altar. At first it can be weird or it can be great. If weird, sort it out by talking or by sexing a lot. If it can't be sorted out than you already got a problem which would be kind of a big deal if you already married this woman. If great, keep it up, it can be a big boost for your relationship, but still keep your head up, things can turn after just a few months and she could be riding her dildo or neighbor more than your dick. Edit: see what I told ACt about her being a mannequin and shit. Stuff like that.

The point is, my stance is that you should try everything with that person before deciding to take them to the altar. That includes everything about sex, picnics, nights out and living together.

Last edited by Shrike; 08-10-2012 at 08:52 PM.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-11-2012), Jaxon (08-10-2012), Mal (08-11-2012), Miburo (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-11-2012), Scientia (08-11-2012), T9F (08-10-2012), Tzu Men (08-12-2012), xxMESTxx (08-11-2012)
Old 08-11-2012, 09:47 AM   #15068
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse
 
Miburo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Valhalla
Posts: 3,546
Thanks: 34,399
Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

^You're just too picky, comrade! Or I just have really low standards.

See, I'd be completely cool with a chick turning off the light because she thinks she's fat or whatever, and especially if she's scared of my dong. I'd be scared to have something that massive penetrating me too. Har har! Just lying there? Whatever, I'll put on a watch and pretend I'm time stop guy.

Me, I'm easy. Only things that will kill my raging hard-on are crazy shit like her being a hutt or wanting me to do degrading type shit like wear a gimp mask and crawl around on all fours while she rides me like a mount and shoves stuff in my ass. Or if she tried to take a dump on me or whatever. I have my pride. That shit is nonnegotiable.

Now if she wants to hit me with a bullwhip or whatever, then whatever. I'm tough as fuck, I don't care. Good way to train my already super-human pain tolerance. Want me to roleplay as something? Sure, so long as it's something manly, I'm not going to be a baby or a furry animal or anything. Want me to lick your toes or some shit, babe? Sure, get a pedicure, wash that shit well, and if everything looks and smells okay then I'll see what I can do. I aim to please.

But I'm also referring to a definite cool babe here. For me, other than the obvious shit, that means that she doesn't fuck around with any womanly mind games and is someone I can just communicate with and discuss shit. So I could talk all this shit out with her, and we could both work towards making each other happy in regards to banging and whatever else. Most that shit can be worked on so long as we're both willing to do it. And if I'm going to marry a chick then I'll make damn sure that we're both able and willing to work on that shit. That was kinda what I was going with there with my quoted post: Communication and willingness to improve. If we don't have that then I'm sure as hell not going to consider letting her marry me. Edit: If she's compatible with me regarding everything else, I'd already know if she's compatible with me in regards to banging. /fag
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-11-2012), Jaxon (08-11-2012), Mal (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-11-2012), Scientia (08-11-2012), T9F (08-11-2012), Tzu Men (08-12-2012), Vanity (08-12-2012)
Old 08-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #15069
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,596 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Shrike - a lot of my response was pretty much to refute the "Jerk"'s stance that if you don't have sex before marriage, it won't work out. Ever. End of story. I fully accept that sex is an important part of relationships, but to go out and attack someone else's belief that they shouldn't wait because if they do they'll be unhappy later is weak. There is nothing wrong with either approach so long as you maintain some level of integrity with yourself.

I'm mostly with you - I enjoy sex and wanted a sexually healthy portion of a relationship from the get go (even if I had to wait a bit for it). Which was the final paragraph and what makes "Jerk"'s argument really one of a shithead: he went out of his way to tell the girl she's an idiot for believing the way she does. More than one route to happiness that we cannot say "no, this is the only way." I get that you wouldn't probably enter into a longterm relationship with someone who says "wait until we're married", and that's fine, no one is forcing you to. What I was saying is that it was an idiotic statement to say that its wrong. That's her belief and she's welcome to it. It doesn't affect me, so I can support it.

I do sort of believe that people who want to wait are either "super duper religious that I might get ostracized or stoned" or "I'm just not ready". The former usually comes with a lot of extra issues, like fanatical parents, but has matches within the religion so not unfeasible. What gets me is the "I'm just not ready" really seems incompatible with today's society and there is lots of pressure, as the girl says, "to give it up on the 3rd date". It's insane and to attack her and her religion, even when I don't agree with it, is just the sort of sex centric and male-driven attitudes that do more harm than good when it comes to relationships, in my opinion.

The part of "physical attraction" was in a sense just a comment that I find people who want to wait but find themselves in a relationship in which they want to have sex, they usually do and just don't tell anyone. Yeah, there's still stuff to work out in a sex life (there always is), but if there is attraction, two honest people will figure out how sex fits into their lives. For some, it's hop into bed and fuck like bunnies. For others, it's "wait until I'm ready". Both are fine.

And I don't know what's wrong with you fools. I only have ever been with one girl who I felt was wife material and married her. Shit was simple. (Note: my love life was pretty pathetic before her.)
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (08-11-2012), Mal (08-11-2012), Miburo (08-11-2012), Numinous (08-11-2012), Scientia (08-11-2012), T9F (08-11-2012), Tabris (08-11-2012), Tzu Men (08-12-2012), Vanity (08-12-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #15070
UchihaTaijiya
sublimis ab unda
 
UchihaTaijiya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,775
Thanks: 7,371
Thanked 3,311 Times in 1,248 Posts
UchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond reputeUchihaTaijiya has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Had a lot of fun reading this cracked article: http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-unheal...nto-movements/

Linked are two groups I'd never heard of, pro-anorexia(linked) and gang stalking...
Niggermania (linked) and MGTOW were both very funny. xD
__________________
If the elephants have past lives yet are destined to always remember
It's no wonder how they scream
Like you and I they must have some temper

And I am dreaming of them on the plains
Dirtying up their beds
Watching for some sign of rain to cool their hot heads

And how dare that you send me that card when I'm doing all that I can do
You are forcing me to remember when all I want is to just forget you

If the tiger shall protect her young then tell me how did you slip by
All my instincts have failed me for once
I must have somehow slept the whole night

And I am dreaming of them with their kill
Tearing it all apart
Blood dripping from their lips and teeth sinking into heart

And how dare that you say you'll call
When you know I need some peace of mind
If you have to take sides with the animals
Won't you do it with one who is kind

And if the hawks in the trees need the dead
If you're living you don't stand a chance
For a time though you share the same bed
There are only two ends to this dance

You can flee with your wounds just in time or lie there as he feeds
Watching yourself ripped to shreds and laughing as you bleed

So for those of you falling in love keep it kind
Keep it good
Keep it right
Throw yourself in the midst of danger but keep one eye open at night

UchihaTaijiya is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to UchihaTaijiya For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-12-2012), Miburo (08-13-2012), Numinous (08-13-2012), Vanity (08-12-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 09:28 AM   #15071
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,596 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

So many idiots in the world with too much free time. I hate them.

Alternatively, Cracked keeps offering up one or two great ideas from time to time. DRUNK MODEL BUILDING? Guys, this club needs to happen.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Miburo (08-13-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #15072
Vanity
Succumb
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 928
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post

For me, sex is an important part of the relationship. No matter how old I will get and how much less sex will I have if I am in a long term relationship, there is a part of it when the sex is important and it can very well break your relationship no matter how "similar" you two are. Read below in my response for further explanation.

But it can be true. I mean, I can meet a super awesome chick who is a cool person and all and when we go into bed she lies there like a mannequin without letting a sound because she is all shy or whatever and I feel like I'm fucking a corpse, I would tell her to at least try to change that or bye bye. Really. There is a level of tolerance for this sex stuff. For example I've been in a relationship where this girl wants to turn off the light every time before sex because she is shy. Another one was afraid of my dick (what the fuck??) so she did the same. She said penises scare her, but that didn't stop her from swallowing my load (because she likes to please people). What? No really, there is a level of weirdness I can take and talk it over.

Some things are just too much. There are people who are not too much into sex. Not joking, met several. There was this one chick who kept saying that "it doesn't matter to her". Well, it matters to ME. I want her to want me. I don't want to have someone who is all like "sure, we can have sex, yeah", but jump on my dick like I jump on her pussy.

You say that they might have nothing in common after the sex, and I agree, but the reverse is also applicable. Albeit a lot less in importance, you can discover that your sex life is very boring and that you are pretty much stuck with it when you get married.

That is why, for me, it's important to try out things before the marriage.

What if there is very little physical attraction but a lot of attraction to the personality? There is that, too. Besides, it doesn't mean that sex will work itself out if there is simply physical attraction.

And honestly, I can't have a healthy relationship without sex. I need it, and it completes my relationship. If the sex part is bad, than it means I will need to sate my appetites somewhere else, meaning cheating on my wife, which sucks balls. Sure, the sex part gets less important later, but never unimportant. There are too many cheaters out there just because their sex appetites are not sated (and they thought they will cope with it or that it will work out).


^This is one of the only points I actually want to touch on directly when discussing the importance of sex to a relationship.

I follow this "graph" when I think of a "complete" love [relationship] because I think it holds true for a fair amount of people. However, emphasis varies on individuals. For instance, some married people are perfectly fine with open relationships, but so long as it's purely for sexual purposes. This is "form" of the "commitment" part of consummate love, and still plausible. The same can go for sexuality: a couple could be perfectly fine with putting less emphasis on sex and instead focus more on whether or not they actually give a shit about each other, and can withstand and the retarded shit they both do, 'cause reals...people can fucking suck, and that can be much more disheartening than laying still during sex.

The only thing that I can say for sure makes or breaks a relationship is communication. Whether it be implied or direct, verbal, non-verbal, physical, or a combination of these, so long as it works, is the only thing any relationship is completely dependent on. This ability to communicate, or the desire to do it can lead to compromise, understanding and a sense of bonding. All else stems from this, including sexuality.

To me, sexuality is something that is pliable, or fluid: it constantly changes and shifts. There are few things which "set in stone" when it comes to sexuality, so proper communication and subsequent shift in perspective should assist with sexual "issues," especially if both parties do mesh well. They should both know better than to put too much pressure on one another and to keep things light-hearted and fun. Or, maybe pressure works, they're go-getters and start crackin skulls in to attain goals, and it works. Actual compatibility and communication should lead to sexual compatibility because they are what each other needs: all the give and takes, and the necessary pressure, or lack thereof.

A lot of things can foil relationships, and I don't think sex is necessarily one of them, because if people really do mesh, they should be able to communicate in some way or another their needs, and subsequently improve. Because, by way of example, I'm not necessarily "dating" material, regardless of my immense sexual prowess. I have a very flexible sexuality, and there are few things that are completely off-limits to me [keep your goddamn fur suits to yourself]. However, I fail miserably when it's time to communicate about feels. I have one friend that's actually seen my face while I cry...ever, and for the record, it was angry tears [something had desperately frustrated me, but I forget what it was]. I'm perfectly fine with talking about things that have happened to me, the matter-of-fact sorts, but it's really difficult to get me to talk about how things affect me. The severity of this is also situational, of course, but that fact remains that I tend to emotionally remove myself from people, especially ones I'm "committed" to for one reason or another. Fuck, just revealing that about myself was hard enough [I feel so exposed], and as you can imagine, this is unhealthy. This malady of mine has been extremely damaging to every relationship I've had in some way, and far more than the occasions in which we didn't get the chance to have sex [willing or not].

I agree a lot with ACt when he says this:
__________________
My nerves are bad to-night.
Yes, bad.
Stay with me.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-13-2012), Jaxon (08-13-2012), kluang (08-13-2012), Miburo (08-13-2012), T9F (08-13-2012)
Old 08-12-2012, 07:49 PM   #15073
Vanity
Succumb
 
Vanity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 928
Thanks: 3,426
Thanked 5,991 Times in 2,240 Posts
Vanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really niceVanity is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Shrike - a lot of my response was pretty much to refute the "Jerk"'s stance that if you don't have sex before marriage, it won't work out. Ever. End of story. I fully accept that sex is an important part of relationships, but to go out and attack someone else's belief that they shouldn't wait because if they do they'll be unhappy later is weak. There is nothing wrong with either approach so long as you maintain some level of integrity with yourself.

I'm mostly with you - I enjoy sex and wanted a sexually healthy portion of a relationship from the get go (even if I had to wait a bit for it). Which was the final paragraph and what makes "Jerk"'s argument really one of a shithead: he went out of his way to tell the girl she's an idiot for believing the way she does. More than one route to happiness that we cannot say "no, this is the only way." I get that you wouldn't probably enter into a longterm relationship with someone who says "wait until we're married", and that's fine, no one is forcing you to. What I was saying is that it was an idiotic statement to say that its wrong. That's her belief and she's welcome to it. It doesn't affect me, so I can support it.


I do sort of believe that people who want to wait are either "super duper religious that I might get ostracized or stoned" or "I'm just not ready". The former usually comes with a lot of extra issues, like fanatical parents, but has matches within the religion so not unfeasible. What gets me is the "I'm just not ready" really seems incompatible with today's society and there is lots of pressure, as the girl says, "to give it up on the 3rd date". It's insane and to attack her and her religion, even when I don't agree with it, is just the sort of sex centric and male-driven attitudes that do more harm than good when it comes to relationships, in my opinion.

The part of "physical attraction" was in a sense just a comment that I find people who want to wait but find themselves in a relationship in which they want to have sex, they usually do and just don't tell anyone. Yeah, there's still stuff to work out in a sex life (there always is), but if there is attraction, two honest people will figure out how sex fits into their lives. For some, it's hop into bed and fuck like bunnies. For others, it's "wait until I'm ready". Both are fine.

And I don't know what's wrong with you fools. I only have ever been with one girl who I felt was wife material and married her. Shit was simple. (Note: my love life was pretty pathetic before her.)
There is too much pressure on individuals to fuck, and this emphasis on sexuality and so much less on compatibility are completely ruining relationships and social perspective on what they actually are. My country is comically repressed sexually, and yet this emphasis on sexuality and "sexual compatibility" as opposed to whether or not you can bear to look at one another for long periods of time. We have divorce rates so staggering it makes some people wonder if anyone can actually "love" anyone else longer than a few months in this day and age.

I think sexuality is healthy, but I don't think it's what's most important, or even that having fuck tons of sex will make it better. Because, while it may not look like this after banging more than once or twice, your first time -first few times, even- might always be awkward, or just different. People vary, and every individual has their own separate needs. You could fuck fifty chicks, and learn a few tricks, but just because one of them works on someone else, doesn't mean that the other forty-nine will, if any work at all. It's all about communication and how well you "fit" together over-all. To reference the Robert Sternberg theory once more, if it's to be taken as a reliable "definition," then it alone proves that the importance of sex is minor, comparatively, as it's only one third of the equation. Sure, it's not irrelevant, but if it were a contest, sexuality is outnumbered.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
Communication and willingness to improve. If we don't have that then I'm sure as hell not going to consider letting her marry me. Edit: If she's compatible with me regarding everything else, I'd already know if she's compatible with me in regards to banging. /fag
Mibs, you have no idea how hard I'd fuck you. <3



I hope that all made sense. I'm tired as fuck.
__________________
My nerves are bad to-night.
Yes, bad.
Stay with me.
Speak to me.
Why do you never speak?
Speak.
What are you thinking of?
What thinking?
What?

I never know what you are thinking.
Think.
Vanity is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vanity For This Useful Post:
ACt (08-13-2012), Jaxon (08-13-2012), kluang (08-13-2012), Miburo (08-13-2012), T9F (08-13-2012)
Old 08-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #15074
Rose
Rose in bloom
 
Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: in a box outside your house
Age: 24
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 4 Posts
Rose is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

*pokes head in and looks around*


....no one here.....T~T
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:37 PM   #15075
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,236
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,596 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

*peers out from extra secret hiding spot*

She's never gonna find me.

*giggles*
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (08-14-2012), Miburo (08-13-2012), T9F (08-13-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.