Michael Clarke Duncan dies at 54 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Michael Clarke Duncan dies at 54

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...230656149.html

Quote:
Michael Clarke Duncan -- best known for his Oscar-nominated role as a death row inmate who possessed magical healing powers in the 1999 film "The Green Mile" -- died on Monday at the age of 54, according to his fiancee Omarosa Manigault-Stallworth.

Duncan had been in a Los Angeles hospital since July 13 following a heart attack and died on Monday morning after close to two months of treatment.

At 6-feet, 5-inches tall and approximately 300 pounds, Duncan was nominated for an Academy Award and a Golden Globe for his role as gentle giant prisoner John Coffey in "The Green Mile," also starring Tom Hanks. Duncan won the role, in part, due to a recommendation by Bruce Willis, who he worked with on 1998's "Armageddon." Duncan went on to appear with Willis in three more films -- "Breakfast of Champions," "The Whole Nine Yards" and "Sin City."

Duncan's career spanned three decades and included roles in other television and film titles including "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," "Married with Children," "The Jamie Foxx Show," "Living Single," "Bulworth," "Arli$$," "A Night at the Roxbury," "Sister, Sister," "Cats & Dogs," "Planet of the Apes," "King of the Hill," "CSI: NY," "Talladega Nights," "Kung Fu Panda," "Two and a Half Men," "Bones," and most recently "The Challenger," which is yet to be released. The African American actor also played The Kingpin in 2003's "Daredevil," starring Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner -- a notable achievement seeing as the character in the comics, on which the film is based, was always depicted as being white.

"The Green Mile" was nominated for four Oscars in 2000 and won 15 other awards including best supporting actor trophies for Duncan from the Black Reel Awards and the Broadcast Film Critics Association Awards.

Born and raised on Chicago's South Side and brought up by a single mother, Duncan is said to have resisted temptations of drugs and alcohol, instead focusing on school and acting. He worked digging ditches after attending community college, according to his biography on IMDb.com, then quit his job and moved to Hollywood, launching his acting career while in his thirties. More than three years ago, Duncan is said to have become a vegetarian, and appeared in a video for animal rights organization PETA earlier this year.
rip kingpin

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

Last edited by kluang; 09-03-2012 at 07:59 PM.
kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
jekyl_hyde (09-03-2012), Mal (09-03-2012), manta (09-04-2012), Vanity (09-03-2012)

Old 09-03-2012, 10:55 PM   #2
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,135 Times in 1,403 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Michael Clarke Duncan dies at 54

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

There is no God.
LonelyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LonelyNinja For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (09-04-2012), kluang (09-04-2012), Mal (09-03-2012), Spiegel (09-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

i saw this, rip =[
Old 09-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #4
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

It is a sad day indeed. RIP
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiegel For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (09-04-2012), kluang (09-04-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 07:19 PM   #5
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

He would have made a great Raikage(Past).

Everytime I think about him in Planet of the Apes when he hits the dinner Table and says, " Bow your heads!"

That is some Rakaige shit,lol.

Vin Rhames, current Raikage.

You will be missed MCD!
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jericho Uzimaki For This Useful Post:
Emissary of Justice (09-05-2012), Mal (09-05-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Dude actually choose to appear in the Scorpion King. Had it coming.

Seriously though, he had some great voice work. Shame.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (09-05-2012)
Old 09-04-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Dude actually choose to appear in the Scorpion King. Had it coming.

Seriously though, he had some great voice work. Shame.
He was the only reason (other than Kelly Hu) I was able to stomach that movie (And yes, I own it, just because I wanted to have the entire Mummy collection... screw the other SK movies).

And as far as his "voice", there was only one other voice that I like(d) listening to other than his, and that one is James Earl Jones.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:00 AM   #8
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass

Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough

I was really shocked and saddened to see this. Never heard anyone say a bad comment about the man and he always seemed like a genuinely nice person.

You will be missed.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:56 PM   #9
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Say it ain't so. R.i.p. Bear

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin

rokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enoughrokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enough

I loved this guy in "The Blind Side"
rokudaime_hokage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #11
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I can't tell if you're joking, stupid, or accidentally racist.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
xxMESTxx (09-07-2012)
Old 09-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #12
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin

rokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enoughrokudaime_hokage will become famous soon enough

Pick one but take the accidentally out of your third choice.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

^ I'm gonna go with stupid.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #14
rokudaime_hokage
Chuunin

He was in "The longest yard" though. He was the big black guy there...
Or was he the one with the cheese burgers?
I don't really remember.