Naruto_602 - Page 9 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2012, 06:03 PM   #121
Spiegel
Pirate King
 
Spiegel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Grand Line (New World)
Age: 26
Posts: 5,093
Thanks: 1,108
Thanked 1,771 Times in 928 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Yeah. I'm withdrawing more from this manga given the payoffs. I'm waiting for Orochimaru to fuck someone over big time which, if doesn't happen, I'm done. Can't think of anything more fantastic that Oro capturing Madara's body. It'd almost make this pathetic war worth it.

Really need to get more chapters of Magi read anyway.
If Kishi went that route with Oro and made Oro the main villain again I'd respect him again as an author a little.

To answer your previous question, I've been barely skimming through the new chapters since Sasuke's fight with the Kages at the summit.
__________________
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*

Last edited by Spiegel; 09-20-2012 at 06:04 PM.
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 09-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #122
The Special One
Kage
 
The Special One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Oakpark, Michigan
Age: 23
Posts: 5,139
Thanks: 913
Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,606 Posts
The Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to behold
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Curiosity: How many members enjoy Naruto more now that Obito has been confirmed as Tobi?
I don't think I can possibly be disappointed further. So I guess it's a relieving feeling, right?
__________________
The Specialist, forever

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=24201


^My first thread.lol
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Special One For This Useful Post:
ACt (09-20-2012), CrustaceaN (09-21-2012), jekyl_hyde (09-20-2012), Numinous (09-21-2012), platinumrug (09-21-2012)
Old 09-20-2012, 09:55 PM   #123
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
I don't think I can possibly be disappointed further. So I guess it's a relieving feeling, right?
The question then becomes (possibly), "How pissed are you going to be when (if) Kishi some how turns this into an awesome ending involving Orochimaru and Sasuke?", considering the level that the manga is at. Will you be happy that he finished on a high note, or pissed that his quality level sunk this low to begin with?








Think I'm going to reread Full-Metal Alchmeist: Brotherhood.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:24 PM   #124
Amuro
Genin
 
Amuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 214
Thanks: 50
Thanked 77 Times in 52 Posts
Amuro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

Man honestly, I stopped caring a min ago. Like some chaps are good/ok some are pointless to me. I jus read every wed to see what happens. I really have a blank feeling for this manga. I don't expect anything....which never leaves me disappointed. Like this chap I read in like 7 mins....closed my browser and continued with life...to me it's like "oh yea it's wednesday....lemme check naruto" im not excited to see what happens next unless it's a cliff hanger. I admit I DO wonder where kishis going with this but sometimes fanfic predictions are better than what kish presents. This has already been said but imma repeat it...prt 1 was ill to me. That's when the ninjas were like "haha! you didn't realize when I did this....I really did this...to set this up....now I gotchu!" now it's just "haha! this does this....it's impenetrable! What! It's not!?" but it's predictable. Naruto used to make me think (maybe I'm slow lol) but the thought some Justus took was crazy or shocking. Now it's like big move is beat by bigger move. Instead of well thought plan was beat by a better thought out plan...
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 11:40 PM   #125
AOTKorby
Leaf on the Wind
 
AOTKorby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Denison U, Ohio
Posts: 4,137
Thanks: 539
Thanked 5,583 Times in 2,262 Posts
AOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the roughAOTKorby is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro View Post
Man honestly, I stopped caring a min ago. Like some chaps are good/ok some are pointless to me. I jus read every wed to see what happens. I really have a blank feeling for this manga. I don't expect anything....which never leaves me disappointed. Like this chap I read in like 7 mins....closed my browser and continued with life...to me it's like "oh yea it's wednesday....lemme check naruto" im not excited to see what happens next unless it's a cliff hanger. I admit I DO wonder where kishis going with this but sometimes fanfic predictions are better than what kish presents. This has already been said but imma repeat it...prt 1 was ill to me. That's when the ninjas were like "haha! you didn't realize when I did this....I really did this...to set this up....now I gotchu!" now it's just "haha! this does this....it's impenetrable! What! It's not!?" but it's predictable. Naruto used to make me think (maybe I'm slow lol) but the thought some Justus took was crazy or shocking. Now it's like big move is beat by bigger move. Instead of well thought plan was beat by a better thought out plan...
Welcome to the club, mate. Most of us have been there for quite a while.
__________________
Quote:
I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.
AOTKorby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AOTKorby For This Useful Post:
Amuro (09-21-2012), CrustaceaN (09-21-2012), Numinous (09-21-2012), platinumrug (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 12:24 AM   #126
Amuro
Genin
 
Amuro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 214
Thanks: 50
Thanked 77 Times in 52 Posts
Amuro is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

I feel u AOT. I guess it's my personality....I've never been the type of person to get on someone once I know they don't have the capacity to do something. That's y u never see me really nit pick this manga. Once I realized that this is kish...and the fck ups are basically "in" him I stopped expecting shit frm him. Now I jus read the manga, find things I like, and try to see where I think Kishi SHOULD go with it. It doesn't excuse him, but since I don't have a direct line to him....it doesn't evn matter, I just let him rock. I stand on the side lines KNOWING that what I think would be good....won't happen. When he does something that amuses me I give kudos because most of the time I'm genually surprised. Thats y I say I feel blank towards the manga...he can't hlp himself! We're going to b disappointed, this isn't the same manga we grew to love feel me? Once kish showed how he was I stopped expecting, which nvr leaves me disappointed at worst meh...
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #127
minato uchiha
Genin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: london, tottenham
Posts: 209
Thanks: 1
Thanked 97 Times in 58 Posts
minato uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubborn_d0nkey View Post
It seems peoples have a problem distinguishing between properties of a thought or opinion and the stuff that supports the opinion or thought. (Disregarding a debate on whether opinions/thoughts should be protected by "its my opinion", but assuming so) "Its an opinion" doesn't cover the supporting stuff.

If the supporting stuff is intelligent or stupid or made up or illogical then it is intelligent or stupid or made up or illogical. Whether it is there to support an opinion or to support a claim of fact makes no difference.
Man stay off that damn hay you Stubborn Donkey, and stop talking shit. If you agree with Num's statement then why don't you show me what I made up or invented to support my opinion. Go on, show me instead of trying to sound all philosophical and shit, and STRUGGLING at it.

@Gam: again, I fail to see any point that you're making so srop making them and just ignore my post if it lacks intergrity.

God I wish someone will use logic to evaluate a post and tell he/she why their assumptions are wrong, instead of this nonsensical bs you posted to me.
minato uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:33 AM   #128
Gamabunta
Chuunin
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 653
Thanks: 443
Thanked 238 Times in 126 Posts
Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto_602

why are you crapping on those posts that bashes kishi and obito's clear lack of motive if you then feel that its wrong if they do likewise to your coincidentally strange support for this manga?
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 04:05 AM   #129
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Man stay off that damn hay you Stubborn Donkey, and stop talking shit. If you agree with Num's statement then why don't you show me what I made up or invented to support my opinion. Go on, show me instead of trying to sound all philosophical and shit, and STRUGGLING at it.

@Gam: again, I fail to see any point that you're making so srop making them and just ignore my post if it lacks intergrity.

God I wish someone will use logic to evaluate a post and tell he/she why their assumptions are wrong, instead of this nonsensical bs you posted to me.
I didn't read everything, so I don't know if you made shit up or not.

Anyways, I saw you saying that you posted your opinion, not a fact, and using that as a defense for the "making up shit" thingy, which is stupid. I have no need nor obligation to go find if you made up shit or not, since I made no statement on the issue, and since whether you did make up shit or not is irrelevant.
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Numinous (09-21-2012)
Old 09-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #130
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
@num: you are ranting again and making no sense. I posted my thoughts and opinions and I clearly said so in my post so what did I make up? If by saying 'I wonder... Or maybe... Or in my opinion... you consider that as making stuff up, then I'm guilty as charged. Its not like I said what I'm posting is canon facts and that I am right because of xyz. I posted my opinion, like everyone else on this forum and presented what I thought was supporting evidence for it. If you found what I said to be silly or making no sense, that's cool but please don't accuse me of making stuff up. Lol, or at least show me what I allegedly made up.
Sure thing:
Quote:
5. Nagato wasn't just a random choice for Madara to give his rinnegan to. It almost seems like Madara read a prophecy or something and knew that his eyes will serve his purpose best once it was given to Nagato
There's no indication of a prophecy directly targeting Nagato (the closest thing was the Frog Sage's Child of Prophecy, but even he didn't specify any names and told only to Jiraiya as far as we know), thus it being an argument from ignorance. Sorry to break it to you, but its basic logic, it's not by labeling it your opinion that it'll suddenly not be an argument from ignorance. You see, I'm not against anyone expressing their opinions, since freedom of speech reigns high in this forum and rightfully so, now don't expect people to simply let slide a fallacy like that.
Quote:
Lol, kettle meet your friend pot. If like you said, my post was to convince people that I was right because all post are inherently designed that way, then by extension, YOUR post is trying to do the same, correct?

So what's the point of even making that reference?
Because, unlike you, I don't deny I try to convince people when presenting explanations because if I didn't, explanations would be futile. What's the point of providing an explanation in a forum if it isn't to tell people what you think it's logically viable, thus making them agree or not with your explanation? You might not try to convince people directly, but by providing explanations you're already doing it. It's the nature of the argumentative game.

Quote:
This isn't solely directed to you but it seems some people have a problem with other peoples opinions and thoughts. Its like we should all think the same and bash Kishi for his supposed shitty story telling.
Nobody is trying to homogenize the opinions, since that's a futile attempt anyway. One can enjoy Naruto all s/he wants, the problem is when people try to justify some of Kishimoto's... less stellar moments with (very) weak arguments, and people here just counter them with more solid arguments. You don't need to go apologetics on Kishi's writing, sometimes is just better to acknowledge its flaws and either like it, dislike it or simply ignore it.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #131
minato uchiha
Genin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: london, tottenham
Posts: 209
Thanks: 1
Thanked 97 Times in 58 Posts
minato uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Sure thing:


There's no indication of a prophecy directly targeting Nagato (the closest thing was the Frog Sage's Child of Prophecy, but even he didn't specify any names and told only to Jiraiya as far as we know), thus it being an argument from ignorance. Sorry to break it to you, but its basic logic, it's not by labeling it your opinion that it'll suddenly not be an argument from ignorance. You see, I'm not against anyone expressing their opinions, since freedom of speech reigns high in this forum and rightfully so, now don't expect people to simply let slide a fallacy like that.


Because, unlike you, I don't deny I try to convince people when presenting explanations because if I didn't, explanations would be futile. What's the point of providing an explanation in a forum if it isn't to tell people what you think it's logically viable, thus making them agree or not with your explanation? You might not try to convince people directly, but by providing explanations you're already doing it. It's the nature of the argumentative game.



Nobody is trying to homogenize the opinions, since that's a futile attempt anyway. One can enjoy Naruto all s/he wants, the problem is when people try to justify some of Kishimoto's... less stellar moments with (very) weak arguments, and people here just counter them with more solid arguments. You don't need to go apologetics on Kishi's writing, sometimes is just better to acknowledge its flaws and either like it, dislike it or simply ignore it.
1) Thanks for providing an example. First, my sentence begins with 'it almost seem's..' which clearly shows that I am not stating a fact but rather, an opinion which in my mind, is more or less credible. Now you bring up this argument from ignorance rhetric which you are so fond of using. So let's examine if it is indeed an argument from ignorance or an assumption based on facts.

The rinnegan has held mythlogical status until Jiraiya confirmed it to be true. Even though the Sage was thought of as a myth, his treasures were held by the Kumo and other people had heard of his legend. The Uchiha Tablet has secrets etched on it that we are only giving snippets of. It is said that only the rinnegan can truly decipher it and the manga never indidcated that Nagato was aware of its existence. Madara too, it seem's never read the tablet unless he sneaked up into Konoha after awakening his rinnegan. this is still a possibility and the 'Madara' that met Itachi, had sneaked into the shrine to do that very same thing.

Now why did I bore you with all this, well its quite simple. Prophecies, has a motif throughout this manga. Characters like Minato, Jirayai, Elder Sage etc have all made prophetic statements that have come true. The Sage himself told the tailed beast about what would happen to them in the distant future and that one day they would be re-united. So if I WONDER based on all the prophetic theme's in Naruto and question that the apparrent randomness of Madara giving his most prized possession, his eyes, to a stranger like Nagato, must have some underlying meaning or prohecy behind it, it is NOT an argument from ignorance. It is an assumption based on facts and common sense.

Must everything be spelt out to us the reader before we believe it? So its is wrong to make assumptions and predict what one thinks has being happening because you guys will use that tired on bs logic of argument from ignorance?

Let me ask you a question Num. Do you think Madara just randomly chose an Uzamaki called Nagato to have his eyes or do you think Nagato was special in some way, hence why he chose him?

2) Ok well we dont have similar motives then. Me, I post my thoughts on this forum to see if I'm right or not. If people think I'm wrong, I actually appreciate when they articulate why I'm talking shit. If you noticed, I only ever get aggressive and start flaming when people approach me in rude manner or simply dismiss my post without stating why it is bs. You, I respect you because you tell me why I'm talking shit and I don't think you can accuse me of insisting I am right all the time.

You can try and convince people to agree with you, but don't take it personal when they don't. Me, it means nothing whether you agree with me or not. I just want an interesting debate so that maybe we get a heads up on what Kishi is going to go next with his story.

3) Its like this, some of us like Kishi's writing and others don't. On this forum in particular, the 'regulars' are constantly moaning about the lack of depth of his writing and plot holes etc. The second others who are ok with the storyline, says otherwise, you guys get upset and dismiss that person for lacking knowledge or being easily pleased. You don't realise this because like many others on this forum, you cannot see the wood for the trees.

@Gam: Helloooo, I put 'lol' after I bashed these people. You call that lil line bashing? What else did I say? Get yourself a dictionary, then re read the last few discussion threads and see how much I have 'bashed' these people.

@Stubborn Donkey: still eating hay I see. Why make a comment when you haven't even bothered to read what this whole debate/argument is about in the first place?

Last edited by minato uchiha; 09-21-2012 at 06:48 AM.
minato uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:06 AM   #132
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto_602

Lol, why should I bother to read what this whole debate/argument is about if it makes no difference to what I commented?
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:19 AM   #133
minato uchiha
Genin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: london, tottenham
Posts: 209
Thanks: 1
Thanked 97 Times in 58 Posts
minato uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

Why make a comment on something when you have no interest in finding out what the gensis is and what it is actually about?
minato uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 06:42 AM   #134
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: Naruto_602

Now you are just grasping.

The topic of my comment was about the same thing as I quoted. Why should something different affect my comment(ing)?

P.S. "No interest", lul, wtf? Wouldn't you call that making shit up since there was nothing for you to (reasonably) base that on?
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems

Last edited by stubborn_d0nkey; 09-21-2012 at 07:03 AM.
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:32 AM   #135
minato uchiha
Genin
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: london, tottenham
Posts: 209
Thanks: 1
Thanked 97 Times in 58 Posts
minato uchiha is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Naruto_602

What is wrong with you man? You said you have 'no need..' and I said 'you have no interest..' and in the context that it was said, that sounds different to you?

Forget it, you was right, I was wrong, please lets end it. Reading your bs has bored me enough.
minato uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.