Games and all things related - Page 203 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #3031
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Games and all things related

Basics are pretty easy - unless you're completely into micromanaging, automate all your workers to improve the land around your cities and you just need to work on city upgrades and your armies. Always get a religion if you can. Catapults and other range weapons are your friends for attack AND defense. MOST of the time the suggestions made by the computer are for the best, although exploring the technology tree helps if you have specific goals (like, making it to gunpowder earlier by ignoring other advantages).

The tutorial was pretty solid, play one. Play on easy until it gets boring. We'll see, maybe I'll play with the streaman' stuff and I can do a tutorial for how I like to play. Still refreshing myself with a lot of the game. Need to up the difficulty to see if I remember how to play.

Lastly, these games are long and incredibly addictive. Will have to figure out if I can gain enough time free of parenting. Figure if the baby will just sleep on me.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-02-2012)

Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #3032
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Quote:
These countries are banned regions for Perfect World Entertainment:

China

Hong Kong

Macau

South Korea

Taiwan

Vietnam

Russia

Egypt

Japan (banned only for Rusty Hearts)

Unfortunately, we are unable to allow new registrations from these regions.

We are obligated to block regions which have their own localization of certain games. Some regions are also blocked for administrative reasons. The same regions are blocked for all of our games.
Fuck this gay earth
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (10-02-2012), TheBaron (10-02-2012), xxMESTxx (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 02:00 PM   #3033
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Installing it now, should I also install the 3 expansions? Warlords, Beyond the Sword and Colonization?

Sounds pretty simple, I'll get on the tutorial and so on. You should also get Shogun 2 sometime, co-op in that.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #3034
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,597 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I'm not running either expansion (Colonization is a stand alone game I think) because it just adds a whole pile of stuff that gets distraction especially on higher levels. Stick to just learning Civ IV right now. It's an amazing game without expansion.

EDIT: By distracting I really mean complex with so much to do that you just go "SHUT IT I WANT TO JUST KILL EVERYONE" after the third or fourth spy attack.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down

Last edited by ACt; 10-02-2012 at 02:04 PM.
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #3035
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,471 Times in 3,663 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Fuck this gay earth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfA1jNiqoU

Can't you just use a proxy or something? If you need someone in another region to make you an account I'll do it.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (10-02-2012), TheBaron (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 04:44 PM   #3036
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Anyone here into the Civ games on Steam? Been playing a lot of Civ IV because my laptop can handle it easily and it is a game I can play while holding a child who won't go to sleep. Would be interested if anyone wanted to play some online games - it'd be fun to align nations against all the AI. Just wondering.
I have Civ IV (and all the expansion) but not on steam, is there a way I can activate my copy on steam? My internet is pretty slow but it's turn-based anyway. Multiplayer Civ is sloooow-paced though.

And yeah, I'm pretty confident in my abilities on Civilization. I'm currently trying to get close to get as close to a 100% victory approval rating on the hardest difficultly of Alpha Centauri (closest score I've gotten is 94%). Getting a 100% victory on Civ 4 is stupidly easy (tiny map, few civs, invade immediately), but the difficulty settings are harder - I've won a few times on Monarch.

Haven't played online multiplayer in a while but last time this happened:
(note the details)[/SIZE]"]
(note the details)
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tzu Men For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 04:53 PM   #3037
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

You might be able to activate it on Steam if you have the CD key. There's an option in the menus.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #3038
Tzu Men
hostis humani generis

Thanked 2,697 Times in 854 Posts
Tzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the roughTzu Men is a jewel in the rough

Done! Fuck yeah, thank you.

I only have the disc for Beyond the Sword with me at uni. Hopefully I can still play against people on the original version. Not sure.
Tzu Men is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #3039
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mfA1jNiqoU

Can't you just use a proxy or something? If you need someone in another region to make you an account I'll do it.
Will fuck it even harder now, i just removed the game in a moment of anger and despair.

Yes please, make me an account and pm me the pw. I tried the proxy thing but Firefox keeps lagging for some reason.

Guess i'll catch you guys tomorrow then =/
Old 10-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #3040
Darth-Nero
Victory!

And here is something for your efforts, Epic Red ranger

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (10-02-2012), Mal (10-02-2012), TheBaron (10-03-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #3041
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

PM me your e-mail address, or make a new one, Gmail or something, and I'll try setting up an account for you later.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 06:53 PM   #3042
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Don't know if the invitation extends to anyone, but after watching the video for it, I'm downloading blacklight now.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:56 PM   #3043
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Go for it, dude. I don't know if you're in the Steam group, but this is everyone from the forum, so feel free to join and play sum Blacklight.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ass...nofgamingchums

I think it's by invite only, so if you have a Steam profile post that shit and someone will get round to inviting you.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM   #3044
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

I don't have a steam profile. Yet, I'll make one.

Made one with the same Username. Is that all you would need to send an invite?

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 10-02-2012 at 07:12 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:22 PM   #3045
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Can't find you on search. Open up the steam application and go to profile. Right click and copy the page URL, then post it here.