OP 683 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-02-2012, 10:36 AM   #16
ronnie_10
Genin

ronnie_10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: OP 683

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
No she had the wings and what not when Law arrived to the island...She was there with him and CC originally
No she didn't.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/675/8
ronnie_10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2012, 10:52 AM   #17
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_10 View Post
http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/666/8
Sigh..I was referring to when they all originally met. Maybe I am wrong but this scene is from a flashback.Notice Monet is at the desk behind the chair....she is human first..then next scene as Law is walking away she has wings..kinda mad lol I had to look through so many to find that
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #18
ronnie_10
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/666/8
Sigh..I was referring to when they all originally met. Maybe I am wrong but this scene is from a flashback.Notice Monet is at the desk behind the chair....she is human first..then next scene as Law is walking away she has wings..kinda mad lol I had to look through so many to find that
No man, notice the black background for the flashback panels. flashback starts on last panel of page 4 and ends on the last panel of page 6. Also both these flashbacks are essentially of the same incident. The first flashback covers the first part of that incident and second one covers the latter part.

This actually is another piece of evidence that Monet wasn't a harpy when law came to PH. Though i just noticed Monet's pen in the flashback, its quite intriguing.

but yeah, I hear you man, I had to look around a lot to find that piece of flashback too. Seriously just way too much stuff is happening on PH.

Last edited by ronnie_10; 10-02-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #19
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Law did have his heart back, and immediately got attacked with soru. With a good CoO and the fact that he was in his "room", he should have been able to deal with that elbow punch a lil better. But then again, speed is not one of his forte.

The best guy for Vergo is probably Luffy.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM   #20
ronnie_10
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
The best guy for Vergo is probably Luffy.
Dunno man, it'd be like a Luffy vs Lucci round 2.

I dont think smoker would be squashed like the other two were and its a good opportunity to show how stronger has smoker gotten.

but yeah law should have done better. If he's planning on taking on yonkou, he cant be slapped around by a vice admiral.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:27 PM   #21
PSJiraiya
Genin

PSJiraiya is an unknown quantity at this point

Monet is not to be trifled with!
Old 10-02-2012, 12:30 PM   #22
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
With a good CoO and the fact that he was in his "room", he should have been able to deal with that elbow punch a lil better.
The elbow strike came after a heart squeeze.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...0/c683/16.html

There was nothing he could do about it. Judging from how beat up Law already looked when it cut to their fight I'd say it is reasonable to assume that Vergo has been exploring the heart thing since the beginning.

Law has beastly reaction speed, but he is in way too big a disadvantage in this fight.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Scientia (10-02-2012)
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #23
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage

Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
She could be a snow harpy, there is a theory out there that she ate a mythical Zoan named Yuki Onna, which is a mythical snow entity in japanese folklore.
I opened the wiki page and found out about the existence of "powerpuff girls z", lol.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide

1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag

2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)

Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:43 PM   #24
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

I think it has to be smoker vs vergo and smoker has to finish off vergo otherwise there is no point for him to be still chasing after luffy since luffy is way too powerful for him. Only if he finishes vergo here you can say that he is somewhat closer to defeating luffy.

And i seriously want zoro to enter the fight, i dont know why he is still sleeping there
or atleast let the SH's to stand their ground and fight.
They have been running the whole time now.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:04 AM   #25
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
I think it has to be smoker vs vergo and smoker has to finish off vergo otherwise there is no point for him to be still chasing after luffy since luffy is way too powerful for him. Only if he finishes vergo here you can say that he is somewhat closer to defeating luffy.

And i seriously want zoro to enter the fight, i dont know why he is still sleeping there
or atleast let the SH's to stand their ground and fight.
They have been running the whole time now.
Running to survive and because they have to...time limit for the doors and the death gas...Zoro really for right now doesn't have a match up. When Dofla guys show up they will be fighting with Zoro at least one of them. RIght now the matches are set up to perfectly. Would love to see individual blow out fights but we are being setup for the climax of this arc. RIght now though, Law, Luffy and Smoker must prevail. Smoker will win, he hasn't fought Luffy and their match will be fun. Also I still see room for a new member. So Oda is doing alot right now with our current plot.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #26
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Quote:
The elbow strike came after a heart squeeze.
Sorry, I actually meant this kick http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/683/17

My bad.

And judging from Sanji's(middle-left pane), I still think he shd have done better than taking the full damage.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 06:05 AM   #27
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Like I said before, since we didn't see what was happening before it cut to the fight we can do nothing but speculate on how the fight was unfolding, and like before I maintain that Vergo using the heart the whole time is a sound conclusion.

I see no problem with what happened, Vergo fought smart. He kept Law down with the heart while keeping constant pressure with his physical might, Law wasn't given room to do anything ( no pun intended ).
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #28
ronnie_10
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Like I said before, since we didn't see what was happening before it cut to the fight we can do nothing but speculate on how the fight was unfolding, and like before I maintain that Vergo using the heart the whole time is a sound conclusion.

I see no problem with what happened, Vergo fought smart. He kept Law down with the heart while keeping constant pressure with his physical might, Law wasn't given room to do anything ( no pun intended ).
I doubt Vergo had the heart from the start. It isn't clarified in the manga yet but i think one reason of Law going to the SAD room was to get his heart. The fight was already going on when Law got his heart back but was promptly taken away again by vergo. Either way vergo does seem to be stronger than law, he's already beaten law once. Anyway he's out cold now.

Smoker and Vergo take the center stage. CC will show up there soon too, wonder who joins them from SH's.

Btw what do you guys think on Monet being the next nakama. She's behaving quite a bit like Robin did with croc. Her intentions aren't clear yet. Perhaps Dofla is holding on to her sister or something. Though that would be a bit repetitive, which isn't Oda's style.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #29
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

^I think the fight had been going on for some time. Look carefully. You'll see a few bruises here and there on Law. The bruises could be from their earlier encounter though.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Old 10-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
ronnie_10
Genin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie_10 View Post
I doubt Vergo had the heart from the start. It isn't clarified in the manga yet but i think one reason of Law going to the SAD room was to get his heart. The fight was already going on when Law got his heart back but was promptly taken away again by vergo.Either way vergo does seem to be stronger than law, he's already beaten law once. Anyway he's out cold now.

Smoker and Vergo take the center stage. CC will show up there soon too, wonder who joins them from SH's.

Btw what do you guys think on Monet being the next nakama. She's behaving quite a bit like Robin did with croc. Her intentions aren't clear yet. Perhaps Dofla is holding on to her sister or something. Though that would be a bit repetitive, which isn't Oda's style.
thats what i said too. What I meant was that law got his heart from somewhere else, vergo wasn't holding on to it from the beginning of the fight. Vergo only got it when we saw it..

Last edited by ronnie_10; 10-03-2012 at 12:23 PM.