Should Obito be the main antagonist? - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

View Poll Results: Should Obito be the main antagonist?
Yes 5 12.82%
No 34 87.18%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-12-2012, 07:31 AM   #16
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass

Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough
Re: Should Obito be the main antagonist?

Obito is the main antagonist and rightfully so. He destroyed Konoha, caused the death of Naruto's parents, helped orchestrate the Uchiha Massacre in both cause and the act itself, dragged Sasuke completely into the darkness, led the group that possibly killed the Fourth Kazekage, possibly killed Sarutobi (some suspected Oro of still working with them then), possibly destroyed Konoha again, killed Asuma, killed Jiraya, killed Kakashi, put Tsunade into a coma, destroyed Konoha yet again, killed Danzo, and extracted 7 of the 9 tailed beasts and killing each of the hosts in the process (Gaara had to be revived).

That's 4-6 Kages and 8 Jinchuurikis (including Kushina) down. God damn.

Madara might be the True Final Boss to his Final Boss with Sasuke being a potential Bonus Final Boss, but Obito doesn't have to be the final villain of Naruto to be the main antagonist of Part Two. It'd be like saying Juha Bach is the main antagonist of Bleach and not Aizen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Special One View Post
He wants to enslave the world in a genjutsu because life was too hard to cope with after his crush got killed by his best friend
The Moon's Eye Plan was Madara's.

Quote:
let's not forget that Obito didn't think there was some logical explanation behind Kakashi killing Rin
On the contrary, the fact he stated "You let Rin die" instead of "You killed Rin!" suggests he understands there was a logical explanation for it and he didn't blame Kakashi. Rin's death is merely why he never revealed himself as having survived, but that's not why he's doing this.

Quote:
expect Obito to understand the sacrifices ninja have to make.
He does understand and that's what ties in with his desire to go through the Moon's Eye Plan.

Yahiko, Nagato, Obito, and Naruto all desired peace.

Yahiko wanted to become God of the world and force the issue.
Nagato sought a nuclear deterrent situation though the Juubi.
Naruto seems believe in the power of love and being nice.

Much like Yahiko, Obito intends to force the issue. Why have people constantly mocked Naruto's outlook and never ending desire to change the world and create world peace? Because it's unrealistic and doesn't work in the real world or the manga (to date). There was war before the Sage, there was war amongst clans after he died, and eventually three wars between the villages.

Jiraya, Minato, and Nagato all ultimately entrusted Naruto with coming up with a solution for the problem that the three of them all failed to solve. The actions of mankind's history and it's would be saviors indicate that this is problem that they cannot solve. Rather than pass the problem onto someone else, he's deciding that since humanity cannot attain peace, he will attain peace for them. Otherwise, there will always be hatred, pain, and war in the world.

You will be missed.

Last edited by Emissary of Justice; 10-12-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emissary of Justice For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (10-14-2012), Clone_Sage (10-16-2012), Human Rasengan (10-12-2012)

Old 10-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #17
krurk
ANBU

krurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enoughkrurk will become famous soon enough

I just don't think Obito is the final, I have to think he is the final for Kakashi but not the story.

2. Part Two started off alright, it introduced new characters and it continued to show the same potential, honestly, the story had a lot of promise up until the Pain Arc.

3. Pain Arc occurs and all Leaf ninja are revived after they were slaughtered, this started the failing of Kishi because he won't kill off main charcters.

4. Kage Summit was a tad disappointing simply because we didn't see any of the charcters that SHOULD have been introduced during the chuunin exams.

5. The War has been epicly disappointing because Kishi is killing off Edo's in a matter of one chapter when each edo (Kages, Swordsman, Nagato and Itachi) when they should get around 4 or 5 chapters of dedication.

Kishi started cutting the story shorter, his chapters have gotten shorter from 21 pages to 17 per week,

Now if you don't like this reasoning, you can simply go to another forum.
krurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
Obito is the main antagonist and rightfully so.
You're joking right?

Quote:
He destroyed Konoha,
Actually Nagato destroyed Konoha.

Quote:
caused the death of Naruto's parents,
& was most likely manipulated by Madara into doing so. Obito left Konoha before Naruto was even conceived. There is just no way for Obito to know about the pregnancy or due date, know how to extract the fox, know the inner workings of Konoha's security without having some sort of help. Simply put he did not come up with that plan on his own.

Quote:
helped orchestrate the Uchiha Massacre in both cause and the act itself,
No he didn't Danzou orchestrated the massacre while Itachi did the deed with Obito's(assumed not confermed) help.

Quote:
dragged Sasuke completely into the darkness,
Yet Sasuke continues to defy Obito. Dude really now it was Itachi who dragged Sasuke into darkness not Obito.

Quote:
led the group that possibly killed the Fourth Kazekage,
Actually Orochimaru did that.

Quote:
possibly killed Sarutobi (some suspected Oro of still working with them then),
Actually Oro wasn't working with them. Proof is in the ring or lack of one when Oro actually did the deed.

Quote:
possibly destroyed Konoha again,
Again Obito never destroyed Konoha Nagato did.

Quote:
killed Asuma,
Actually that was Hidan.

Quote:
killed Jiraya,
Actually that was Nagato.

Quote:
killed Kakashi,
Again that was Nagato.

Quote:
put Tsunade into a coma,
Yet again Nagato.

Quote:
destroyed Konoha yet again,
Wow dude you really love giving Obito credit for things he didn't do don't you? PS: Nagato.

Quote:
killed Danzo,
That was Sasuke.

Quote:
and extracted 7 of the 9 tailed beasts and killing each of the hosts in the process (Gaara had to be revived).
Host which were captured by a number of different people. Obito can only be credited for the 3 tails which he had help doing.

Quote:
That's 4-6 Kages and 8 Jinchuurikis (including Kushina) down. God damn.
Actually that's one Kage(Minato), one Jink(Kushina), & one Bijuu(the 3 tails didn't have a host when captured.)

Do you know anything about this manga? Fucking retards.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 10-12-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Encon Uchiha (11-08-2012), kael03 (10-12-2012), Numinous (10-13-2012), Pritha (10-15-2012), Reesaroni (10-13-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (10-13-2012), Uchiha09 (10-14-2012), uzumakinagato (10-13-2012), Wolverine (10-15-2012)
Old 10-12-2012, 11:46 PM   #19
Human Rasengan
S-Ranked Shinobi

Thanked 1,152 Times in 787 Posts
Human Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura aboutHuman Rasengan has a spectacular aura about

Madras is jigsaw and obito is a player in the game... His actions are his own but he was steered into this outcome. Remember jigsaw never committed a murder he just made it so his desired outcome was more than likely. Same thing with obito
for those of you who don't understand.. I'm coming from an illogical perspective so your logic won't fit my argument .. it'll only give you a headache.. remember ..belief doesn't require a co-signer There Is A Fine Line Between Genius And Insanity , I Have Erased This Line ! If I were you I'd hate me too.. I am the HUMAN RASENGAN!!!

The power of despair is great in you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zlzx4...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3qkz4WfOto

LOL I'M DYING BACK HERE
Human Rasengan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 12:02 AM   #20
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,721 Times in 3,843 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Holy fuck, you're stupid.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Uchiha09 (10-14-2012)
Old 10-13-2012, 05:09 AM   #21
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

I see EoJ is doing a solid campaign in becoming a professional apologist. Good for you, a little more insensibility and you might reach the child rape apologist level!

Edit: On a serious note, only the Juubi has any legitimacy of being the proper Big Bad of the manga. All the other villains are either relics of the past (Madara and Orochimaru) or don't have a narrative strong enough to secure the spot (Obito by being primordially Kakashi's antagonist and being a lame copy of Nagato).

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 10-13-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:00 AM   #22
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
You're joking right?

Actually Nagato destroyed Konoha.

& was most likely manipulated by Madara into doing so. Obito left Konoha before Naruto was even conceived. There is just no way for Obito to know about the pregnancy or due date, know how to extract the fox, know the inner workings of Konoha's security without having some sort of help. Simply put he did not come up with that plan on his own.

No he didn't Danzou orchestrated the massacre while Itachi did the deed with Obito's(assumed not confermed) help.

Yet Sasuke continues to defy Obito. Dude really now it was Itachi who dragged Sasuke into darkness not Obito.

Actually Orochimaru did that.

Actually Oro wasn't working with them. Proof is in the ring or lack of one when Oro actually did the deed.

Again Obito never destroyed Konoha Nagato did.

Actually that was Hidan.

Actually that was Nagato.

Again that was Nagato.

Yet again Nagato.

Wow dude you really love giving Obito credit for things he didn't do don't you? PS: Nagato.

That was Sasuke.

Host which were captured by a number of different people. Obito can only be credited for the 3 tails which he had help doing.

Actually that's one Kage(Minato), one Jink(Kushina), & one Bijuu(the 3 tails didn't have a host when captured.)

Do you know anything about this manga? Fucking retards.
I hope you are kidding lest you be the retard.
He obviously meant he did this things "indirectly" ie the cause/manipulator of all the above.

But by EOJ's logic Madara did all the above since he is the one who probably manipulated obito.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 AM   #23
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraizitee View Post
I hope you are kidding lest you be the retard.
He obviously meant he did this things "indirectly" ie the cause/manipulator of all the above.

But by EOJ's logic Madara did all the above since he is the one who probably manipulated obito.
Problem is when most of the things mentioned actually transpired Nagato was the assumed leader of Akatsuki. Meaning all of the members of Akatsuki were taking orders from Nagato not Obito. Obito didn't assume leadership until just before Nagato infiltrated Konoha which is right before he died. So really all those so called orders were given by Nagato not Obito.

Obito was also assuming the identity of Madara basically acting as a spokesmen for the dead Uchiha. Obito was like the word of Madara passed down. He was fulfilling Madara's desire not his own. The moonseye plan was Madara's plan not Obito. Capturing of the tailed beast was Madara's plan not Obito's. So really giving Obito credit for any of that is just horse shit.

PS: It's assumed that Nagato at some point knew of the real Madara. So it can also be assumed that Nagato was aware of Obito's actual identity.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed

Last edited by Vengeance; 10-14-2012 at 10:26 AM.
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 02:45 PM   #24
scapegoat_tobi
Academy Student

scapegoat_tobi is an unknown quantity at this point

kishi just trolled us there .. i like tobi than madara before. but the motivation he as make him sucks as main antagonist. if only obito suffer the same as pein.
scapegoat_tobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to scapegoat_tobi For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (10-23-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 02:51 PM   #25
The Special One
Kage

Thanked 4,600 Times in 1,607 Posts
The Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to beholdThe Special One is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The Moon's Eye Plan was Madara's.
Obito goes along with the plan because of what again? Madara's suggestion sounds 'bout right to him after witnessing how shitty his life has become.

Quote:
On the contrary, the fact he stated "You let Rin die" instead of "You killed Rin!" suggests he understands there was a logical explanation for it and he didn't blame Kakashi. Rin's death is merely why he never revealed himself as having survived, but that's not why he's doing this.
So Obito holds no animosity towards Kakashi for Rin's death? Gotcha. Didn't Obito berate and antagonize Kakashi for like 2 or so chapters because of Kakashi's "negligence?" The last chapter, Hell or something like that, is based upon Obito's life falling into ruin, his best friend having to kill his crush. It was only in response to that action that Obito lost his mind. Again, someone with a home, family, friends, and purpose (he's a Konoha ninja) would throw it all away in order to create a fantasy where mistakes and tough outcomes can't affect him is really selfish and sad (and not in a oh, I feel so bad for him kind of way).

http://forums.narutocentral.com/showthread.php?t=24201

^My first thread.lol
The Special One is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Special One For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (10-14-2012)
Old 10-14-2012, 05:02 PM   #26
freedom07
SASUKE'S TRUE #1 FAN!!

freedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura aboutfreedom07 has a spectacular aura about

it shall be orochimaru!!!!!
freedom07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:11 PM   #27
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Main antagonist should forever be Orochimaru.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 10:26 PM   #28
Psychosis
Academy Student

Psychosis is an unknown quantity at this point

Orochimaru's back, but we'll eventually get to that. I'm waiting fer someone to use the dead demon sealing technique on Madara.
Psychosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 03:26 AM   #29
Wolverine
Special Jounin

Thanked 1,131 Times in 676 Posts
Wolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enoughWolverine will become famous soon enough

At this point, I just really don't care who the main antagonist is. I just want the manga to finish. It's not like we're getting any pending veritable explanations anyways...