The Longest Thread Ever v28 - Page 1044 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 10-19-2012, 02:20 AM   #15646
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all
Re: The Longest Thread Ever v28

Mest, sorry buddy but it has been one of the worst shows on TV. I've been watching it to see how worse it can get, it makes so many mistakes, has horrible dialogue, a shoddy story, bad character introduction, cliche characters and so much more.

What hurts even more is that it could have been so fantastic, it's a great setting and great base to start a long running show on. Not to mention being run by Eric Kripke (Supernatural), Jon Favreau and JJ Abrams. It could have been so good.

That paragraph you wrote describing it, is better than the whole of the 5 episodes released so far.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
OG (10-19-2012)

Old 10-19-2012, 04:06 AM   #15647
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

The more I hear about this show the more I want to join in with Demi and OG just to mock it and see how bad it can get. Everything listed as a positive for the show just makes it seem worse.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
OG (10-19-2012), Tzu Men (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 04:16 PM   #15648
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG View Post
i watch it to make fun of it, thats about it. theres a thread about it in the tv section. main character girl is really annoying.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
Mest, sorry buddy but it has been one of the worst shows on TV. I've been watching it to see how worse it can get, it makes so many mistakes, has horrible dialogue, a shoddy story, bad character introduction, cliche characters and so much more.

What hurts even more is that it could have been so fantastic, it's a great setting and great base to start a long running show on. Not to mention being run by Eric Kripke (Supernatural), Jon Favreau and JJ Abrams. It could have been so good.

That paragraph you wrote describing it, is better than the whole of the 5 episodes released so far.
Seriously? I've seen way worse shows, I love the setting. I was also a fan of Jericho when it was on. I guess I'm a bit biased towards these types of shows. What mistakes are you referring to? I haven't had a problem with any of the dialogue. I don't think the story is shoddy though. I think it has to be that way to give the viewers a mystery. It's slowly showing the viewers more and more things about what happened and how. I wouldn't consider it any more shoddy than Lost was when it was on. Curious about the mistakes it's made though, they either went over my head, or I've added it to the "Unknown".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
The more I hear about this show the more I want to join in with Demi and OG just to mock it and see how bad it can get. Everything listed as a positive for the show just makes it seem worse.
To each their own. You should still check it out for yourself though. To be honest, the direction in which I though your AG story was headed in(probably wrong) made me think you of all people would probably like the show, haha.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 10-19-2012 at 04:18 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 02:51 AM   #15649
Darth-Nero
Victory!

Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road

Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Darth-Nero For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (10-24-2012), Demi-God (10-20-2012), kluang (10-20-2012), OG (10-20-2012), T9F (10-20-2012), Tabris (10-22-2012), TheBaron (10-20-2012), Tzu Men (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #15650
-Sasuke-
SUP

-Sasuke- will become famous soon enough-Sasuke- will become famous soon enough-Sasuke- will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth-Nero View Post
Hahahah that's funny.

-Sasuke- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:41 AM   #15651
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sasuke- View Post
Hahahah that's funny.
My faith in humanity dies a little bit every time that song is mentioned in my presence.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:01 AM   #15652
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

^ Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Seriously? I've seen way worse shows, I love the setting. I was also a fan of Jericho when it was on. I guess I'm a bit biased towards these types of shows. What mistakes are you referring to? I haven't had a problem with any of the dialogue. I don't think the story is shoddy though. I think it has to be that way to give the viewers a mystery. It's slowly showing the viewers more and more things about what happened and how. I wouldn't consider it any more shoddy than Lost was when it was on. Curious about the mistakes it's made though, they either went over my head, or I've added it to the "Unknown".
I do love the setting, post-apocalyptic type world stories are awesome. I'm making one as we speak.

I've found the dialogue to be just plain, there are times where I can predict word by word what's about to come next. The average dialogue wouldn't be too bad either if it was delivered by good actors, but aside from Giancarlo Esposito who is fantastic even though he has a bad role, the majority of the actors are wooden and aren't really believable in their roles.

The main actress and character for example just makes me cringe every time she's on, I don't know how she's survived past the first episode where the guy was constantly hacking at her over head for a full 2 minutes and all she did was crouch while blocking with a crossbow, though he could have stabbed her and be done with it.

I feel like it tries to give mystery, but it's just badly done so it hasn't been able to add any suspense or interest to the story line. At this moment I care more about how the main character will hopefully die than what happens with the electricity.

Oh hey guys! I have a tattoo of my name and a logo for myself on my arm! That's totally a normal thing to do! Let's all use muskets because no way weapons could have possibly worked after electricity stopped! But apparently we can all still have perfectly fitted leather tight clothes and get absolutely no dirt on any of our faces!

Here's what, I still have all the episodes, I will stream them tomorrow for everyone here and we can all watch it and go through. Doug you can join if you like and see how it is, free tomorrow?

Jericho on the other hand I've heard good things about and I haven't watched it yet but I downloaded it and I plan to.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (10-21-2012), Miburo (10-20-2012), OG (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #15653
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
My faith in humanity dies a little bit every time that song is mentioned in my presence.
GangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGang namStyleGangnamGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleG angnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangn amStyleGangnamStyleGangnamStyleGangnamSt yleGangnamStyle

pussy. most of us lost faith in humanity because humans are terrible things. you needed K-Pop.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-20-2012), kluang (10-24-2012), Mal (10-21-2012), Miburo (10-20-2012), OG (10-20-2012), Tabris (10-22-2012), TheBaron (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #15654
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Gangnam Style is a song that cleverly critique of South Korea’s culture of conspicuous consumption and growing economic inequality.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to kluang For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-20-2012), Jaxon (10-20-2012), Mal (10-21-2012), Miburo (10-20-2012), OG (10-20-2012), T9F (10-20-2012), Tabris (10-22-2012), TheBaron (10-20-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 09:59 AM   #15655
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,134 Times in 1,402 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about

Plus, the music video is funny.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:25 AM   #15656
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Funny and awesome at the same time. "Dress classy, dance cheesy."
Old 10-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #15657
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,472 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, it's kinda sad how Psy is gonna be remembered for one hit song in the west, then totally forgotten. Especially when most people miss the fact that the song is a satire of the richest district in South Korea.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-20-2012), Mal (10-21-2012), Miburo (10-20-2012), OG (10-20-2012), Tabris (10-22-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 12:45 PM   #15658
TheBaron
Danish Chef and gamer

TheBaron is an unknown quantity at this point

Also, he made 6 albums in total - and we will just remember him for 1 song? He even educated himself in the US...

(I think it is 6 albums, not quite sure....)
Old 10-20-2012, 01:24 PM   #15659
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

I can't understand korean and I don't care about some district in south korea.

I do appreciate humorous music videos filled with awesome dancing and attractive korean babes shaking their honey asses. Which I believe is the correct term if my translation of sun ken rock is accurate.
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
ACt (10-20-2012), catilena1890 (10-20-2012), Jaxon (10-20-2012), Mal (10-21-2012), Tabris (10-22-2012), Vanity (10-26-2012)
Old 10-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #15660
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay

xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi-God View Post
I do love the setting, post-apocalyptic type world stories are awesome. I'm making one as we speak.
Nice. Is it an AG one?

Quote:
I've found the dialogue to be just plain, there are times where I can predict word by word what's about to come next. The average dialogue wouldn't be too bad either if it was delivered by good actors, but aside from Giancarlo Esposito who is fantastic even though he has a bad role, the majority of the actors are wooden and aren't really believable in their roles.
I can agree with this to an extent. Giancarlo is great in pretty much everything I've seen him in. I do fail to see most of the characters being wooden. The daughter is for sure, but they still react and say, pretty much what I would expect anyone to say in their situation. I think Burke takes on his role well of Miles. Same with the actress's who played Nora and Maggie.
Quote:
The main actress and character for example just makes me cringe every time she's on, I don't know how she's survived past the first episode where the guy was constantly hacking at her over head for a full 2 minutes and all she did was crouch while blocking with a crossbow, though he could have stabbed her and be done with it.
To be fair, most of the fight scenes are a lot better than that. Particularly the ones with Captain Neville and Miles.

Quote:
I feel like it tries to give mystery, but it's just badly done so it hasn't been able to add any suspense or interest to the story line. At this moment I care more about how the main character will hopefully die than what happens with the electricity.
Seriously? The whole show is a mystery at this point. Why did the power go out? Why did Miles start the Militia? Why did he seemingly force the mother to join him? Why did he leave the Militia? What happened to the black lady with the other pendant? Who was she talking to on the computer? Who kidnapped/killed her? Where are the other 12 pendants and who has them? That's only the ones I can think of. I like how it gives you all of that info in little bits and pieces, it reminds me of Lost(why I referenced it before) in the way that it does that.

Quote:
Oh hey guys! I have a tattoo of my name and a logo for myself on my arm! That's totally a normal thing to do! Let's all use muskets because no way weapons could have possibly worked after electricity stopped! But apparently we can all still have perfectly fitted leather tight clothes and get absolutely no dirt on any of our faces!
That may just be a Militia thing. What do you mean by no way weapons would work? Weapons work just fine, problem is the Militia has full control over them and it's punishable by death to own a firearm, as seen with Captain Neville killing the guy over owning a shotgun. Muskets are more readily available and efficient to use against people who don't/aren't supposed to have guns. I'm sure it's still possible to get your hands on black powder, however if all the Militia soldiers walked around with M16's they'd be shooting through bullets they'll never be able to re-cartridge.

Quote:
Here's what, I still have all the episodes, I will stream them tomorrow for everyone here and we can all watch it and go through. Doug you can join if you like and see how it is, free tomorrow?
I'm down.

Quote:
Jericho on the other hand I've heard good things about and I haven't watched it yet but I downloaded it and I plan to.
Jericho was fucking awesome, and such a cocktease getting canceled in the third season. The writers are continuing the series by releasing them as very well drawn comic books. I read the season 4 one, it was a decent length and I enjoyed it. I don't think they've released a season 5 one, yet. I'm pretty sure they still plan to though.

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to xxMESTxx For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (10-20-2012)