One piece_685 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-18-2012, 06:05 AM   #16
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,272 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One piece_685

Quote:
Is this not a rip-off of Aokiji's DF.
No.

Aokiji's powers steal energy immediately ( Hie = chill not ice ) freezing things instantly, where Monet's power deals with gradual temperature drops ( That is what she did to Luffy which nearly rendered unconscious ).

Quote:
Then after that, VP found a way to enhance objects with DF abilities and combined that with his cybernetic and mechanical genius, thus the Pacifista program was born.
There have been hints at more advanced Pacifista, continuing the DF program to enhance them would worth exploring, just look at Kuma.

More and more I'm leaning towards all DFs being man made. We need to see something aching to records of their first appearance in history because the ancient civilizations could have had a hand in creating them.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-18-2012, 06:59 AM   #17
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

What if they were created during the void centuary no one would know if they were natural or man made sine the history was wiped clean
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,766 Times in 926 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

The idea of devil fruits being engineered is interesting. So if that would be the case we can assume that devil fruits haven't existed for that long. Or maybe there are natural devil fruits and it wasn't until Vegapunk came along and learned how to develop his own. There is still so much mystery surrounding the existence of devil fruits.

I also find it interesting how Smoker can fight toe to toe with Vergo and easily got over-taken by Law whereas Vergo can effortlessly take down Law.

Also, Monosuke as new SH crew? There was a good dynamic between him and Luffy. It'd be great if Monet would also join, she'd be the first Logia type on board.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #19
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

^the triangle thing is fine coz its just how the opponents are. for eg if naruto had faced either hidan or sasori, pretty sure he would have died but he defeated pain who could have easily destroyed shikamaru or sakura
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:00 AM   #20
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
^the triangle thing is fine coz its just how the opponents are. for eg if naruto had faced either hidan or sasori, pretty sure he would have died but he defeated pain who could have easily destroyed shikamaru or sakura
I'm a Sasori fan... he's not in Pein's neighborhood, Naruto>Pein, even he said so himself. Hidan woulda died by Rasenshuriken just like Kazuku, only easier. It takes him too long to do that ceremony shit before the #1 Knuckleheaded Ninja with Anger Mangement Issues when his comrades are hurt or injured. He's gone Full Hollow Ichigo multiple times in the manga. Hidan, it wouldn't even be fair. And I'm not a Naruto fan, just calling whats i sees.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (10-19-2012), Pritha (10-19-2012), ronnie_10 (10-19-2012)
Old 10-19-2012, 03:08 AM   #21
Pritha
Chuunin

naruto is someone who thrives on never giving up and analysing his opponent by getting hits while hidan just need one hit from his blade and more importantly naruto wouldnt have used his head to analyse his enemy (remember the second time he meets nagato) so i am guessing naruto would have been easily defeated.

It was because of shikamaru's tactical knowledge that he was able to win over hidan who still btw is alive

Anyways not the post to discuss naruto :P so ta'
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 AM   #22
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
naruto is someone who thrives on never giving up and analysing his opponent by getting hits while hidan just need one hit from his blade and more importantly naruto wouldnt have used his head to analyse his enemy (remember the second time he meets nagato) so i am guessing naruto would have been easily defeated.

It was because of shikamaru's tactical knowledge that he was able to win over hidan who still btw is alive

Anyways not the post to discuss naruto :P so ta'
Sorry just gotta correct you buddy Hidan is dead...he had to continuously do the ritual to stay immortal. I am sure I read something like this about his faith.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:32 AM   #23
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,272 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
I also find it interesting how Smoker can fight toe to toe with Vergo and easily got over-taken by Law whereas Vergo can effortlessly take down Law.
Vergo beat Law so easily because he had the man's heart. The power balance is fine, circumstances changed the outcome of these battles.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:14 AM   #24
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

The DFs being engineered by humans is interesting. I just hope Oda doesnt go FMA way, hell I like that way. The World Government using live humans to create the DFs during the Void Century. That's one big secret the WG will do anything to keep, to the point of eradicating even whole islands(robin's hometown).

Quote:
Also, Monosuke as new SH crew? There was a good dynamic between him and Luffy
Naaa, too young. Moreover Luffy wants him as food, see how he drools.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll

Last edited by Gakure; 10-19-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #25
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakure View Post
Naaa, too young. Moreover Luffy wants him as food, see how he drools.
Luffy/Sanji wanted Chopper as food remember before they found out he was a doctor?

I'm not agreeing that Momonosuke should be added, but I think there is a possibility there and maybe a foreshadow lies there.

Like why would Doflamingo take Momonosuke and why did Momonosuke sneak on to the ship even though he's not one of the kids listed.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #26
Pritha
Chuunin

I know its being selfish but momonosuke doesnt add anything to the grp so i dont think he will join SH's

@apo : maybe , i got to recheck that, if so my point still remains the same though
Old 10-19-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
I know its being selfish but momonosuke doesn't add anything to the group so I don't think he will join SH's
I could go either way on the issue of him joining. On the one hand, asking some little kid, that probably isn't even all that good at fighting, to join you on a epic journey through hell itself where he could die at any moment, is probably one of the dumbest things Luffy could ever do. On the other hand....

...that's basically what Roger did with shanks and buggy. Putting buggy aside, just take a look at shanks. Here we see a kid wielding a sword, that probably wasn't all that strong at the time, and now he's a freaking Yonkou. If this monosuke kid could learn to control his DF power, and add his samurai techs also, he might be a decent supporting character.

I'd be interested to see if chopper could put his medical knowledge to use to see why exactly the DF that kid ate was a dud and if he can come up with an cure to stabilize his powers, or a Rumble Ball that could alter them further.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 01:33 PM   #28
SirBenoit
Sennin

SirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud ofSirBenoit has much to be proud of

i thought that the next member would be a younger kid, someone with alot of spunk(like the kid from berserk). Just dont know if this is a right fit for the crew.

SirBenoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #29
Pritha
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
I could go either way on the issue of him joining. On the one hand, asking some little kid, that probably isn't even all that good at fighting, to join you on a epic journey through hell itself where he could die at any moment, is probably one of the dumbest things Luffy could ever do. On the other hand....

...that's basically what Roger did with shanks and buggy. Putting buggy aside, just take a look at shanks. Here we see a kid wielding a sword, that probably wasn't all that strong at the time, and now he's a freaking Yonkou. If this monosuke kid could learn to control his DF power, and add his samurai techs also, he might be a decent supporting character.

I'd be interested to see if chopper could put his medical knowledge to use to see why exactly the DF that kid ate was a dud and if he can come up with an cure to stabilize his powers, or a Rumble Ball that could alter them further.
yes he did .. but by that time (i might be wrong) he might have been a powerful pirate like WB was or he was already the pirate king... either way he was powerful and then he took on apprentice... luffy is still a rookie here even though he is powerful. so right now its not the time for him to teach other kids
Old 10-20-2012, 08:30 PM   #30
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,597 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

^ Roger was no doubt a powerful pirate when he took Shanks and Buggy as apprentices. That didn't make it any less dangerous for the kids though. It wouldn't take a second for them to get killed in the NW if Rogers' more elite crew lost track of them.

I also want to point out Coby was weak as shit when Garp took him in as an apprentice, and that kid was traveling the Grand Line less than a year later. This Monosuke kid is from the grandline (maybe the NW even) to begin with, so the shit he'll see on the voyage shouldn't come as that big of a shock to him. He may be more at home in the NW then most of the crew.

I dunno, I guess my point is that this monosuke kid is stronger than coby was before training under Garp, so it's not like he can't survive in the NW without someone watching over him 24/7. Monosuke at least has a DF and some unique swordsmanship. I assume he could cut fire also, since his dad said that move isn't anything real special. I assume he's got good reflexes, and a decent physical build, being a swordsman. Oh, and he can apparently fly too. So he already has a good foundation to build off of.

So I'm gonna say yes to him being the new crew member.

Last edited by ask me anything; 10-20-2012 at 08:34 PM.
ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote