One piece 686 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-24-2012, 03:22 AM   #1
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
One piece 686

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...60/c686/3.html

Enjoy.

CC gets more and more despicable with every chapter, this bastard needs to die. The action was pretty cool, loving Monet's powers and it great to see Nami, Robin and even Tashigi get some love. The Sanji bit was hilarious, and Money showing her shy side was surprising.

Last edited by Dagoro; 10-24-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (10-24-2012), Gakure (10-24-2012), Numinous (10-24-2012)

Old 10-24-2012, 03:40 AM   #2
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road
Re: One piece 686

Awesome chapter today !

I loved the new attacks from both Robin and Nami. To be honest when I saw how effective Heat Egg was against Nami I thought maybe Zoro might tag out and let Nami face Monet, let us see some new skills from her.

I'm curious now do you think Zoro only has the defense type of Haki ? Monet was definately hinting that he only has that type. If thats the case kinda upset at that I mean from Zoro various fights putting his body on the line hasnt been an issue I mean look at Mr 1 fight that still one of the most gruesome fights I think for Zoro, but I suppose we will need to wait and see. I cant imagine that Hawk Eyes only taught him defense and no offensive haki moves.

I liked the humour with Sanji and the marines that was hilarious ! ' Pull out your lip and mock him' was just so funny. Interesting to see how Smoker assistant ( cant mind her name ) will fight alongside Zoro now. If Zoro only has the defensive then he probably will be blocking most of the time while she uses those chances to attack.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:46 AM   #3
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

Maybe too soon to tell. He might be on defence do as to let others escape or not get hurt. Otherwise he wudnt hav volunteered saying tht Monet is a logia. Seriously u can't think he doesn't hav haki, he is the second to the captain
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:49 AM   #4
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck09 View Post
Awesome chapter today !

I loved the new attacks from both Robin and Nami. To be honest when I saw how effective Heat Egg was against Nami I thought maybe Zoro might tag out and let Nami face Monet, let us see some new skills from her.

I'm curious now do you think Zoro only has the defense type of Haki ? Monet was definately hinting that he only has that type. If thats the case kinda upset at that I mean from Zoro various fights putting his body on the line hasnt been an issue I mean look at Mr 1 fight that still one of the most gruesome fights I think for Zoro, but I suppose we will need to wait and see. I cant imagine that Hawk Eyes only taught him defense and no offensive haki moves.

I liked the humour with Sanji and the marines that was hilarious ! ' Pull out your lip and mock him' was just so funny. Interesting to see how Smoker assistant ( cant mind her name ) will fight alongside Zoro now. If Zoro only has the defensive then he probably will be blocking most of the time while she uses those chances to attack.
Tashigi I think her name is, and YES! The whole Sanji and Zoro exchange was priceless. Bottom Lip poked out.. i chuckled... Chopper's response to Monet's hideous change lol! Also yes both Nami and Robin has a few new tricks! Kinda sad no Luffy or any involvement with Franky...where is he?
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #5
Buck09
S-Rank Mage

Buck09 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pritha View Post
Maybe too soon to tell. He might be on defence do as to let others escape or not get hurt. Otherwise he wudnt hav volunteered saying tht Monet is a logia. Seriously u can't think he doesn't hav haki, he is the second to the captain
Just to make sure you understand what I mean.

Its obvious Zoro has Haki yes, but from what we have seen in the series Haki is broken up to different categories, Defence Attack and the Conquerors Haki.

All I was saying / asking is cause Zoro is on the defence do you think he trained in that field, as Rayliegh did say that some people are drawn towards certain fields of Haki.
Simon: My bro is dead. He's gone! But he's there on my back, and here in my heart! He lives on as a part of me! If you're gonna dig, dig to the heavens! No matter what's in my way I won't stop!! Once I've dug through...it means that I've won! Just who the hell do you think I am? I'm Simon. I'm NOT my bro! I'M ME!! SIMON THE DIGGER!

Kamina: Your drill is the drill that will pierce the heavens!

(All quotes from one of my favourite Anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Buck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #6
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Defense/attack haki? Where'd you get that from?

From what I can remember, there's Observation + Armament + Conqueror's. Observation is like Enel's Mantra, i.e. you essentially have precognitive abilities and you can sense things/people/attacks/etc. Both Zoro and Sanji have shown this (for example when Caribou stole the treasure in FI, Luffy asked them both if they could feel a presence). Armament haki essentially gives you the ability to coat your body with haki. So it can be used for defense (i.e. if you coat yourself with it when you're about to get attacked, for example when Luffy mentioned that his CoA haki wasn't good enough for piercing attacks like Hody's teeth) or for attack (i.e. you coat yourself with it to hit harder, sharper, etc, for example, Luffy's elephant gun against Noah). In the case of Logia's, Armament haki essentially forces their bodies to become tangible.

I think what we'll find out is that Zoro probably underwent some kind of moral/ethical change relating to something to do with his childhood friend and Perona during his training and now he doesn't like fighting women. Hawkeye might even have something similar which is why Zoro took it on.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #7
CrustaceaN
-

CrustaceaN is an unknown quantity at this point

A few inferrences

-Monet has a similar "Logia-Form" as CC(when he was first seen)
-Chopper is lucky
-Zoro is acting like Mihawk, Sanji is acting like Iva
-Nami might be under-bounty'd?
-So far, Oda has given the battles of this arc to non-sh members... Why?

OP continually saves the manga week.
CrustaceaN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CrustaceaN For This Useful Post:
apacolypz (10-25-2012), Gakure (10-25-2012), NeoKakarott023 (10-24-2012), ronnie_10 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 09:59 AM   #8
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

That was better action. Far more directed. To be honest, the previous few chapters have felt far to overloaded that I just couldn't get into them. Like the plot was a plate of dinner thrown on the wall to see what stuck. Won't be surprised when I don't remember some of the set up.

Saddened that Nami didn't use her cold nipples to cut her way out of that snow trap.

Zoro and Tashigi about to team up. Should end in sex but they'll probably get mad first and just argue. Wonder if they'll ever follow up with a fight sometime. Definitely unfinished business.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (10-24-2012), ronnie_10 (10-24-2012)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:59 AM   #9
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold

nice chap.

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:59 PM   #10
Tmoore
wandering analyst

Tmoore will become famous soon enoughTmoore will become famous soon enough

to be honest it seems like zoro isnt trying
Old 10-26-2012, 04:20 AM   #11
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Senkradlol is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of build up the past couple weeks. Still digging though.

Also,
I thought caribu's brother died when they sunk his ship ?.?
Senkradlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 AM   #12
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkradlol View Post
A lot of build up the past couple weeks. Still digging though.

Also,
I thought caribu's brother died when they sunk his ship ?.?
No he has been chasing after him since they got beat and split up by the SH's on their way to FMI. The entire time since FMI Jimbei has been taking him to the G-5 headquarters. Finally there the lieutenant or whatever his name (only indicated by one chapter and chapter covers) has him set to blaze on a pole lol. I am sure this is only the start to his torture and knowing Oda they will face off with the SH's in the new world...
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #13
Senkradlol
Chuunin

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
No he has been chasing after him since they got beat and split up by the SH's on their way to FMI. The entire time since FMI Jimbei has been taking him to the G-5 headquarters. Finally there the lieutenant or whatever his name (only indicated by one chapter and chapter covers) has him set to blaze on a pole lol. I am sure this is only the start to his torture and knowing Oda they will face off with the SH's in the new world...
Yeah I know he's been on the cover pages for some time..but I mean they sank their ship under water..and they floated up like jelly fish
Old 10-26-2012, 11:41 PM   #14
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senkradlol View Post
Yeah I know he's been on the cover pages for some time..but I mean they sank their ship under water..and they floated up like jelly fish
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/one_p...58/c605/6.html
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
Senkradlol
Chuunin

So how is he alive lol? Shouldn't they have been down far enough to where they would have drown?