Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 10-24-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
kluang
One Punch Man

Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School

http://abcnews.go.com/US/fantasy-slu...5#.UIghP4b4L79

Quote:
A top-tier California high school informed parents of a "Fantasy Slut League" in which male students "drafted" female students and earned points for sexual encounters.

The sex game was brought to the attention of officials at Piedmont High School in Piedmont, Calif., who launched an investigation earlier this month. The school is known for ranking in the top handful of the state's schools in standardized tests.

In a letter to parents, Principal Rich Kitchens described a ritual "in which our female students (unbeknownst to most of them) are drafted as part of the league...Male students earn points for documented engagement in sexual activities with female students," according to ABC News affiliate KGO-TV.

Many students, both male and female, knew about the league and participated either willingly or because of social pressures, Kitchens wrote.

The principal said the "league" revolved around varsity team players and had been around for years.

"The revelation that students expressed concern that the fallout could result in discipline and affect their college applications suggests an understanding by students that there is something wrong with the 'Fantasy Slut League,'" Kitchens wrote in the letter.

The Piedmont High School and officials from the school's district did not return ABC News' phone calls and messages.

The school is planning assemblies and hopes the letter will create a discussion, assistant superintendent Randall Booker told KGO.

"It always comes back to how do we educate students and to have further conversations with the community," he said.
Oh America, you never ceased to amazed me.

more fun than fantasy football

To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.

kluang is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-24-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
LonelyNinja
Fight On, Fight Hard

Thanked 4,138 Times in 1,404 Posts
LonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura aboutLonelyNinja has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fantasy Slut League Alarms California High School

Man, why couldn't I have gone to schools like these?
Old 10-24-2012, 04:34 PM   #3
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyNinja View Post
Man, why couldn't I have gone to schools like these?
It's not fun going to high school, when just about half of the female population in your class has some form of STD.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:34 PM   #4
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Why is there so much concern about the league, but seemingly none about the girls that made it possible?
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kluang (10-25-2012), Miburo (10-25-2012), Playa (10-25-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (10-26-2012), Vanity (10-25-2012), Vengeance (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 02:01 AM   #5
Miburo
Deos Fortioribus Adesse

Thanked 17,679 Times in 5,440 Posts
Miburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond reputeMiburo has a reputation beyond repute

Fucking gross.

Now, a middle school fantasy slut league...
Miburo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Miburo For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (10-25-2012), kluang (10-25-2012), Mal (10-25-2012), Playa (10-25-2012), stubborn_d0nkey (10-26-2012), Vanity (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 06:45 AM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Why is there so much concern about the league, but seemingly none about the girls that made it possible?
Because most of them were in the league without their knowledge, meaning the boys in this story were deliberately targeting (and probably being egged on to) certain girls for sex simply to accrue points in a game.

Teenage promiscuity is one problem that needs to be addressed on certain levels. But those turning it into the game, cheapening the whole idea of relations between the sexes where the girls are simply to be attained and "won" for the sake of "points" is just disgusting behaviour. How do you respect someone who's just an acheivement?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kluang (10-25-2012), Mal (10-25-2012), Miburo (10-25-2012), Vanity (10-26-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #7
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

So a bunch of sports players in high school, tried to have sex with lots of different girls, got congratulated by their peers if they accomplished this, and kids in school knew about these jocks having sex and went along because of peer pressure?

How is this fucking news?

Hey, STOP THE PRESSES! New headline: "Men in Bars Try to get Laid, Other Men Congratulate When They Do! Many are Accompanied by Accomplices Dubbed Wingman"!

Last edited by emachina; 10-25-2012 at 07:42 AM.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to emachina For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (10-26-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 AM   #8
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Because most of them were in the league without their knowledge, meaning the boys in this story were deliberately targeting (and probably being egged on to) certain girls for sex simply to accrue points in a game.

Teenage promiscuity is one problem that needs to be addressed on certain levels. But those turning it into the game, cheapening the whole idea of relations between the sexes where the girls are simply to be attained and "won" for the sake of "points" is just disgusting behaviour. How do you respect someone who's just an acheivement?
That all happens either way to some extent at least, this group just formalized it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Miburo (10-25-2012)
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #9
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
That all happens either way to some extent at least, this group just formalized it.
Except that it adds a level of necessity. The competition aspect turns what may happen anyway into a driven need. A guy won't take a rejection as easily if he's motivated by this "league." Also, it further objectifies the girls in to just warm sacks to be tallied.

Seriously, the "why is this news" crowd - this is news because it is demonstrating the level of mindless depravity that our teens are getting up to. The male community in high school is legitimizing the "woman as objects" with these sorts of clubs. This is not the same as scoring at the club and being congratulated. It is a "league" designed to target and sleep with specific women. Do you honestly believe this is a "hey, lets have sex." "Okay!" type of interaction? It is a step short of predation and should not be considered normal. That we say "oh well, boys will be boys" to this is a sickening aspect of our culture.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (10-25-2012), kluang (10-25-2012), Mal (10-26-2012), Miburo (10-25-2012), Playa (10-25-2012), Vanity (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #10
Mal
Scotch

One of the comments: "Kitchens is incorrect. You score points for when the girls hook up with people. All FSL ever did was document the hookups that a girl had that became common knowledge. The only difference between this and any other high school is that there was a point system set up by some guys on activity that was already common knowledge.Really? Sending a reporter to a girls soccer practice? Get a life. Do some real journalism."

This explanation makes much more sense for the term "fantasy league."

However, the existing discussion: I apologize, my last comment was typed on my phone in haste and I really did not say what I meant. I am not saying "boys will be boys," just that the lack of any comment at all on the girls', unintentional though enabling, involvement seems strange. Then again, my view of sex is admittedly more conservative than most.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
stubborn_d0nkey (10-26-2012)
Old 10-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Piedmont is full of rich kids. Does anymore need to be said?