One piece_687 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:19 AM   #1
apacolypz
ANBU

apacolypz is on a distinguished road
One piece_687

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687

Zoro was just too strong for Monet..and honestly...Tashigi got lucky to get out of that situation alive. I honestly also was expecting a little more from Monet. This fight was too fast and not enough highlights...that was pretty much it..Zoro not even using his Haki beat Monet just to let Tashigi get te finishing blow.

Last edited by apacolypz; 10-30-2012 at 05:29 AM.
apacolypz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 AM   #2
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: One piece_687

The fight was ok, the way Zoro went about it was interesting though completely overwhelming Monet mentally like that. I was surprised to see Tashigi using Soru, but she still sucks.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:08 AM   #3
J-man123
Supernova

J-man123 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think iv finally hit rock bottom that the first thing i do when i wake up is chek this forum to see if a manga chap has come out
J-man123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM   #4
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

There is a down side to this chapter, we will have to wait even more to see Zoro in a real fight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
NeoKakarott023 (10-30-2012), Senkradlol (10-30-2012)
Old 10-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #5
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
There is a down side to this chapter, we will have to wait even more to see Zoro in a real fight.
I am actually quite upset...Sanji was pretty much downgraded in his fight and also Zoro...we have to see them in the New World..then I am sure Oda won't disappoint us. I was really hoping to see a combined Haki move from both Tashigi and Zoro or just a new move from Zoro in general...hopefully he will undergo some new training..seems too much like Hawkeye these days
Old 10-30-2012, 06:23 AM   #6
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

I don't agree with them being downgraded. Vergo is a beast and Zoro proved that if he wanted he could have taken down Monet with little effort from the start.

PH is a huge set up arc in my opinion, similar to W7. The SHs first serious opponent will probably be Dofla and his crew, but there should be a pit stop in wano first.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:37 AM   #7
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
I don't agree with them being downgraded. Vergo is a beast and Zoro proved that if he wanted he could have taken down Monet with little effort from the start.

PH is a huge set up arc in my opinion, similar to W7. The SHs first serious opponent will probably be Dofla and his crew, but there should be a pit stop in wano first.
Totally agreed, Wano to return Fire Fist and son...maybe will get a little relief arc..and then on to the new world..I don't think CC will die, he will get away and tell Dofla what went down. Vergo is going down...I kinda see that...I also could see Dofla killing off CC because he failed him..Sinister shit is coming, as they say Winter is coming lol. I think Dofla in the new world will be a huge arc but one thing that has me pickled is just who will get taken down first...Dofla and his crew then Big Mom, or Sh's and Law's crew join forces to take on Big Ma'am after they beat Dofla's crew, get hurt, healed and end up facing off against Mom's crew for retaliation for what they did on FMI. anyhoo yeah Dagaro set up arc indeed and shit is about to hit a big fan...soon
Old 10-30-2012, 06:53 AM   #8
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Gotta mention the cover page, Caribou sucks so much ass.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:55 AM   #9
apacolypz
ANBU

Quote:
Gotta mention the cover page, Caribou sucks so much ass.
Yeah good way to ditch your brother..also NOTE* The Lieutenant for the G-5 seems pretty capable of beating up some trash lol
Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM   #10
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

This panel is really beautiful, great art on Oda's part.

http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/687/16

The shading on Zoro, the expressions on Monet and Tashigi, everything was great. Zoro deserves no less.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:29 AM   #11
op101
Genin

op101 is an unknown quantity at this point

This whole "frozen in fear" scenario...possibility of Zoro having Conqueror's? Or just due to the sheer difference in skill level?

Liked the chapter as a whole. Wish Tashigi packed a bit more punch though.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:58 AM   #12
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough

Gruesome, was what I thought until the 'no haki' scene. Man, I was hoping for that. Monet frozen from Zoro's sheer killing intent. Very concise, but interesting chapter for Zoro fans. Dude has still to show what he really got.

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll

Last edited by Gakure; 10-30-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Zoro is a Boss, period, without trying. Thats one of the best things about the SH's, they're not even at 50% of what they'll be by the end.... they're at the point where Goku goes SS2 freely, just before he grew his hair and went to 3. Remember they're was some fusion and 4 after that, this will be a ride I will thorougly enjoy. For those whom dug Thriller Bark, though I didn't like the 'theme', and I knew it was necessary for the Brook part, after looking again, they had some hellacious battles, and characters had balls the size of Earths at the end (Luffy, Zoro, Sanji).

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 10-30-2012 at 09:31 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 02:26 PM   #14
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

Just as i pointed out before, Zoro is too good.
Anyways as prev said SH's are using only 50% of their strength. They havent been tested to their full limit like the CP9's. I still hope Dofla comes to complete this arc. It would be great.

Note: did anyone notice tashigi is fighting without her glasses? Just pointing it out

Last edited by Pritha; 11-04-2012 at 04:01 AM.
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:20 AM   #15
bladechronicles
Academy Student

bladechronicles is an unknown quantity at this point
One Piece Chapter 687 Review: Monet Defeated?!!

Link to the review itself--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y50NdBe1CA
This chapter was fairly good. The Tashigi and Monet fight could've been better. Really like how Oda shows that when it comes to knowing Zoro, Sanji's the best which further develops their relationship as rivals/friends.

Last edited by bladechronicles; 10-31-2012 at 08:24 AM.
bladechronicles is offline   Reply With Quote