Teen commits suicide over Itachi. - Page 3 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #31
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,487
Thanks: 470
Thanked 666 Times in 360 Posts
Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

I can't lie, the title made me laugh.
__________________
R.I.P. City of Heroes

You will be missed.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-09-2012, 04:22 PM   #32
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
@ bolded: If Rocky 4 is evidence of anything but how to jump the shark with ridiculous robots, I'll be damned. And what documentaries are you watching, flashbacks to USSR during the Cold War? By watching proper documentaries and even a show about emigrants showing their country, I'd say that the certain regions of the US are comparable to Russia in quality of life. And I mean this as a positive comparison, mind you.
Russia is depressing, get over it... The suicide rate supports my argument so just quit...

Quote:
Wut? Vengeance is American and the only foreign ancestry I know of him is Portuguese from the father. But, of course, coming from a guy that saw me typing in French and Portuguese and thought it was Mexican, doesn't surprise me at all.
Vag just wanted something to bitch about... He was all hurt as if he was a proud russian trying to delude himself that his country is not depressing...

Mexican??? WTF are you talking about... I thought I was on your ignore list... man, is it really that hard or are you really that pathetic that you have to put me on your ignore list to pretend you are too good to argue with me, just to not use the thing and constantly argue anyways... Either take me off or ignore because that is just sad...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Don't care, either. You've shown you are deluded and a bigot. Your opinion means nothing.


Unless that documentary was either about Siberia or the Chernobyl incident, you are absolutely wrong.


Clearly a fictional movie, made in America during the Cold War, is an accurate depiction of a beautiful nation.

< Resident Russian. You're an idiot.
Russia is depressing kal, get over it... the suicide rate supports my argument... I do not dislike/hate Russians or the country... Just think it is depressing, nothing more....
and last I checked I was on your ignore list too... You people are pathetic... The fact that you are douchy enough to put someone on your ignore list because you just cannot stand opposing opinions is one thing, but constantly boasting of using it on me just to still argue with me is just freaking sad...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:52 PM   #33
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,697
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Russia is depressing, get over it... The suicide rate supports my argument so just quit...

Russia is depressing kal, get over it... the suicide rate supports my argument...
Suicide rate has nothing to do with the country itself, especially when it has a .00317% suicide rate (translation: 31.7 suicides per 100,000 people average). Suicide has multiple paths leading towards the action. The homeland, itself, is not one of those.

The country is a beautiful country. The only "depressing" part of it is the vast wild land that is Siberia (even then, beautiful countryside if you look at any pictures of it).

Quote:
I do not dislike/hate Russians or the country... Just think it is depressing, nothing more....
You're ragging on a country that, I suspect, you've never even visited. Talk about xenophobic.

Quote:
put someone on your ignore list because you just cannot stand opposing opinions is one thing,
Except I don't put everyone with opposing opinions on my ignore list. Just the jackasses that insist they're right when all logic, reason, and evidence say they aren't. Or those that are so bigoted that they spew vitriolic hatred towards someone that opposes their deluded ideas.

If I put everyone with an opposing opinion on my ignore list, every thread would be nothing but "*insert username* is on your ignore list".

Quote:
but constantly boasting of using it on me just to still argue with me is just freaking sad...
Except I don't constantly boast of using it. I mention it every now and then. Half the time I don't even read your posts. I just quick reply with "cool story, bro.".

Kinda like this:

Cool story, bro.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-12-2012), Numinous (11-09-2012), Vengeance (11-10-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #34
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Russia is depressing, get over it... The suicide rate supports my argument so just quit...
Well, kael addressed part of the stupidity of this argument. I'll address the other: why do you equate suicide rate to depression? Russia has a suicide rate of 21.4 per 100k (sorry, kael, but I don't know where you got those numbers; also the numbers given by the news are WRONG) so, by your ridiculous logic, South Korea must be absolutely horrendous since it has a rate of 31.2. Or, even more ridiculously, Zimbabwe must be a lot better than the US since the first has a suicide rate of 7.9 and the latter of 12.0.

As you can see, making assumptions of your ass only amounts to making yourself look stupid and xenophobic.

Quote:
Vag just wanted something to bitch about... He was all hurt as if he was a proud russian trying to delude himself that his country is gnot depressin...
Or maybe Vengeance isn't a xenophobic asshole who rightfully called out your ignorance of Russian reality and you're too stupid to know the difference between someone who knows Russia isn't the shithole you're painting and a butthurt Russian patriot.

Quote:
Mexican??? WTF are you talking about...
Well, add memory to the things you should work on.

Oh, and by the way, you keep saying Russia is depressing but never provide evidence of such. Provide the evidence, jackass.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-12-2012), Vengeance (11-10-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #35
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,697
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
sorry, kael, but I don't know where you got those numbers; also the numbers given by the news are WRONG
Got that number here. I didn't notice that it uses 3 year old data, at first.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Numinous (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #36
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Got that number here. I didn't notice that it uses 3 year old data, at first.
Ah, ok. Mine from Russia are from last year, so they should be more accurate. But, hey, it's just a nitpick and doesn't derail in the least your point.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (11-09-2012)
Old 11-09-2012, 07:21 PM   #37
Gamabunta
Chuunin
 
Gamabunta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 653
Thanks: 444
Thanked 238 Times in 126 Posts
Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Agree with KYF, Russia is depressing when he was there.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 08:21 PM   #38
Will of D
Academy Student
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Will of D is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
Russia is depressing, get over it... The suicide rate supports my argument so just quit...
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I wanted to answer you because I hope that I can help you to get it right, as people doesn't seem to show you the patient you need.

The reason because countries like Russia have "high" suicide rates its because of the lack of sunlight. This kid would have probably commited suicide under any other excuse.

Sunlight help the skin to produce endorphins.

Check it out and you'll see that countries/zones with colder weather have higher suicidate rates than warmer countries like México, Spain, Argentina, Brasil, etc. In contrast the people from such countries with warmer weather are also more agressive.

On the other hand, Russia is one of the most attractive countries to visit around the world.

Hope I helped.
Will of D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:01 PM   #39
kael03
Aspiring Physicist
 
Join Date: May 2010
Age: 28
Posts: 4,697
Thanks: 4,761
Thanked 8,722 Times in 3,844 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Silly bots, responding like they are people.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:50 AM   #40
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

I don't know if Will of D is a bot or not, but he's wrong. Take a look at this map of suicide rates on the world (the redder, the higher the rate).



You can see that many countries are anomalous if the lack of sunlight -->suicide theory was remotely true. You have Guyana and Suriname with much higher rates than Brazil and Venezuela, despite sharing the same kind of weather. France and Belgium also have higher rates than Germany and the UK, which have less sunlight. Finally, India and Sri Lanka also have higher rates than countries in the Indochina region despite having similar weather.

And, by now, you should have realized that the pair of countries I listed share much more in common culturally than with the other countries mentioned. So suicide rate has much more with culture than with climate conditions, which is backed up by the ex-Soviet nations having similar suicide rates, Scandinavian countries too, East Europe, Iberic countries, Islamic countries, Latin America countries (with the exception of Suriname and Guyana, who share more in common with each other than with the rest, and Argentina and Chile who suffer the same situation), Equatorial Africa, Hindu countries, China & Japan, US & Canada and Australia & New Zealand.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (11-10-2012), Mal (11-12-2012)
Old 11-10-2012, 11:15 AM   #41
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power
 
NeoKakarott023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Parts Unknown, East Blue
Posts: 5,167
Thanks: 3,858
Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

As the one of the few Reigning Dads/Pops of the Year (every year), one wonders where was the parental control. For someone to get so overwhelmed by this situation, the Parents had an inkling, or were rather busy and not as concerned as they front. My oldest just turned 11, and its my Daughter, so she's at a very traumatic time with lots of changes taking place, and stuff hitting her she dosen't understand 100%, but I know at least 95% of her day, good or bad, EVERY DAY. Not flossin, thats what a parent supposed to do.

When I feel my children has an afinity for too much of a good or bad thing, I do what a parent is supposed to do, monitor, moderate, and when necesary I even go Blackbeard and Liberate (saving her from Mom's).
__________________

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).


I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #42
Dagoro
The surgeon of death
 
Dagoro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Braving the New World.
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 76
Thanked 7,283 Times in 2,925 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
After being missing for two days his body was found yesterday and he was identified by his devastated father Ivan, 38.
He said: 'I always told him he spent too much time watching the TV - he didn't know what was reality and what was fiction anymore.'
That is everything one needs to know about the parenting, all talk and no action.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:04 PM   #43
Konnaha_yellow_flash
Kage
 
Konnaha_yellow_flash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Age: 29
Posts: 7,810
Thanks: 853
Thanked 2,439 Times in 1,577 Posts
Konnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to allKonnaha_yellow_flash is a name known to all
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
Suicide rate has nothing to do with the country itself, especially when it has a .00317% suicide rate (translation: 31.7 suicides per 100,000 people average). Suicide has multiple paths leading towards the action. The homeland, itself, is not one of those.
It's a sad and depressing place... a simple docu about the place that is supposed to show it's beauty cannot even make that place look like a good feeling inspiring place to say the least lol...

And how does the suicide rate have nothing to do with the country... Suicide which is most commonly brought on by depression and stress is caused through the stimuli of the environment, aka, the damn place they live, the country...
While it is not the only reason, it is still a big part...

Quote:
The country is a beautiful country. The only "depressing" part of it is the vast wild land that is Siberia (even then, beautiful countryside if you look at any pictures of it).
Me and you have different views on what "Beauty" is... You think Dreary, cloudy, cold, ect is beautiful... You have at that...

Quote:
You're ragging on a country that, I suspect, you've never even visited. Talk about xenophobic.
Like I said, the very docu that was supposed to make Russia seem beautiful could not even barely do it... Russia, from what I have seen of the country, is just depressing...

Quote:
Except I don't put everyone with opposing opinions on my ignore list. Just the jackasses that insist they're right when all logic, reason, and evidence say they aren't. Or those that are so bigoted that they spew vitriolic hatred towards someone that opposes their deluded ideas.
Logicless, bigoted... You are deluded as they come buddy...

You speak of being a jack ass ignoring logic, reason and evidence yet you just cliamed that suicide in russia has nothing to do with Russia despite the fact Suicide is caused by depression, which is caused by Environment as well as other thing.... But guess what the enviorment is... The damn country...

Yes, tell me about logic and reason despite the fact you try to argue that the enviroment of Russia has nothing to do with any of it's suicides... That is pure jackassery at it's finest... SO now you are not just a jackass, but a hypocrite for claiming I am th eone ignoring such things whne you did in the very same post....

Quote:
Except I don't constantly boast of using it. I mention it every now and then. Half the time I don't even read your posts. I just quick reply with "cool story, bro.".

Kinda like this:

Cool story, bro.
So this isn't you who was boasting just a couple days before about putting MU and the ignore list with me and that I was getting lonely lol...
http://www.fandom.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=138

"Anyway, I'm done with you. Enjoy your time on my ignore list, KYF is getting lonely there."

Lol, I am so lonely having to always here from you despite being on your ignore list... Oh woe is me!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Well, kael addressed part of the stupidity of this argument. I'll address the other: why do you equate suicide rate to depression? Russia has a suicide rate of 21.4 per 100k (sorry, kael, but I don't know where you got those numbers; also the numbers given by the news are WRONG) so, by your ridiculous logic, South Korea must be absolutely horrendous since it has a rate of 31.2. Or, even more ridiculously, Zimbabwe must be a lot better than the US since the first has a suicide rate of 7.9 and the latter of 12.0.
Your kidding right... If you knew anything about Suicide, you would know that it is mainly caused by depression and stress... And the very suicide the 14 year old did was because he was distraught his favorite character had died in an anime... Now, for a kid to commit suicide for such a silly reason leads me to two likely reasons....

1. The kid just wanted attention and was not going to go through with the suicide, but once up on the building, wanting to mak it look like he was going to jump... Possibly slipped, somehow accidently falling... Or...

2. The kid losing his favorite character who he vicariously lived through felt the death of the character left him with no life left to live either... Thus he ended his life with no conceivable way to live on in the world he actually had to live in as opposed to living on in the false reality he wanted to live in....

Depression obviously being the fuel to either scenario, losing his favorite character... Clearly more so in #2 though...

Quote:
As you can see, making assumptions of your ass only amounts to making yourself look stupid and xenophobic.
Assuming I have based these conclusions on an assumption is an assumption you hypocritical jackass... You are amazingly dense sometime... LOL is all I have to say...

Quote:
Or maybe Vengeance isn't a xenophobic asshole who rightfully called out your ignorance of Russian reality and you're too stupid to know the difference between someone who knows Russia isn't the shithole you're painting and a butthurt Russian patriot.
Or you so choose to defend someone who opposes me because you still have a very sore ass from an ass pwning i gave you years ago which I why you choose to argue things you know nothing about... such as Russia and vengeance's relationship with it...

You are making a big deal out of the fact I think Russia is depressing... Who cares... Clearly I cannot be that far off considering the suicide rate... Still, you have to oppose every Idea I have due to the random ass pwing I do not even remember, but you so obsess over which is why you feel the need to respond to my every post despite me being on your ignore list...

Quote:
Well, add memory to the things you should work on.

Oh, and by the way, you keep saying Russia is depressing but never provide evidence of such. Provide the evidence, jackass.
What about the suicide rate is not evidence? Suicide is caused by depression... Depression is caused by environment... The country is the environment... There you have it... WHat more do you need weather???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Russia
There is the climate...

Climate
Russia is a cold country, but there are always shades in the grey. The contrast of tundra's permafrost, which occupies 65% of Russian land and exotic Black sea coast has in between the continental climate, which is the most inhabited zone of European Russia, southern regions of Siberia and the Russian Far East. Its summers are always warm with a good portion of hot days enabling outdoor swimming in many of rivers, lakes and the seas.
From this: http://wikitravel.org/en/Russia

ANd as WILL of D said:
The lack of sunlight does play a big part in suicide due to it's effects of endorphin, the feel good hormone and natural pain killers which cause a feeling of well being which depression is known for taking away...

And an environment that is cold, cloudy, lacking sunlight, is an environment that is known for breeding depression... Hell, the use of Wellbutrin is used for the treatment of seasonal affective disorder (winter blues also known as)... and if there is a medicine to treat it, then the cause of the problem must have been taken pretty seriously don't you think....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder

"There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapy with sunlight or bright lights, antidepressant medication, cognitive-behavioral therapy, ionized-air administration,[8] and carefully timed supplementation of the hormone melatonin.[9]"

"Physiology

Seasonal mood variations are believed to be related to light. An argument for this view is the effectiveness of bright-light therapy.[12] SAD is measurably present at latitudes in the Arctic region, such as Northern Finland (64°00′N) where the rate of SAD is 9.5%.[13] Cloud cover may contribute to the negative effects of SAD.[14]
The symptoms of SAD mimic those of dysthymia or even major depressive disorder. There is also potential risk of suicide in some patients experiencing SAD. One study reports 6–35% of sufferers required hospitalization during one period of illness.[14] At times, patients may not feel depressed, but rather lack energy to perform everyday activities.[12]"

See, sunlight does make a difference...

But let me guess, this is not evidence because it severely hurts your argument...
__________________
KNOWLEDGE TO LIVE BY...

No matter how POWERFUL/STRONG you are. If you cannot CATCH your Enemy, all you POWER/STRENGTH is no more USEFUL then a squirt gun....
And if You cannot possibly TRACK/REACT to your enemies attacks to Defend yourself, then how can you possibly stop him from DEFEATING you at WILL...


MINATO "KYF" NAMIKAZE.

People live relying on they're Knowledge and Perception, and thus are bound to them.....
Those Boundaries are what they tend to accept as "Reality".....
However..... Knowledge and Perception are both ambiguous....
so "Reality" could be nothing more....
then an illusion....


ITACHI UCHIHA
Konnaha_yellow_flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 03:23 PM   #44
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Would you all shut up!? A boy is dead.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
UchihaTaijiya (11-14-2012)
Old 11-12-2012, 04:02 PM   #45
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Teen commits suicide over Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnaha_yellow_flash View Post
It's a sad and depressing place... a simple docu about the place that is supposed to show it's beauty cannot even make that place look like a good feeling inspiring place to say the least lol...
And I could easily link to videos showing poverty on the US that are far more depressing than the average documentary on Russia. Seriously, what are your hard evidence for spewing such xenophobic bullshit other than "I dun liek it?"

Quote:
And how does the suicide rate have nothing to do with the country... Suicide which is most commonly brought on by depression and stress is caused through the stimuli of the environment, aka, the damn place they live, the country...
While it is not the only reason, it is still a big part...
Suicides in Portugal doubled in the last two decades when the average of sunny days increased, we had renovation of cities and even housed great cultural events, like the World Expo 1998, Porto 2001, the Euro 2004 and Guimarães 2012. The thing is, financial status, family affairs and other relationships weigh far, far, FAR more than how the country looks.

Quote:
Me and you have different views on what "Beauty" is... You think Dreary, cloudy, cold, ect is beautiful... You have at that...
Wow, I didn't know the US didn't have cloudy and cold days and that there are absolutely no degraded building whatsoever! Gee, I'm learning so much today!

Quote:
Like I said, the very docu that was supposed to make Russia seem beautiful could not even barely do it... Russia, from what I have seen of the country, is just depressing...
Link of that documentary, please. If you're basing your loltastic opinion on it, you might as well present it for people to acknowledge.

Quote:
Your kidding right... If you knew anything about Suicide, you would know that it is mainly caused by depression and stress...
And you can't read once again! Of course I know suicide can be linked to depression, I'm not stupid like you, the thing is I don't know how anybody reasonable can assert that high suicide rate-->the country looks depressing. It just makes no logical sense unless you're a xenophobic asshole.

Quote:
And the very suicide the 14 year old did was because he was distraught his favorite character had died in an anime... Now, for a kid to commit suicide for such a silly reason leads me to two likely reasons....

1. The kid just wanted attention and was not going to go through with the suicide, but once up on the building, wanting to mak it look like he was going to jump... Possibly slipped, somehow accidently falling... Or...

2. The kid losing his favorite character who he vicariously lived through felt the death of the character left him with no life left to live either... Thus he ended his life with no conceivable way to live on in the world he actually had to live in as opposed to living on in the false reality he wanted to live in....

Depression obviously being the fuel to either scenario, losing his favorite character... Clearly more so in #2 though...
First, I'd like to see your credentials on psychology, or else you're BS'ing as usual. Second, you're assuming the depression comes from environment. What about emotional instability due to family problems, childhood trauma, problems at school, etc? Heck, I could spend all day listing possible triggers for his suicide that aren't as irrelevant as "Russia looks depressing".

Quote:
Assuming I have based these conclusions on an assumption is an assumption you hypocritical jackass... You are amazingly dense sometime... LOL is all I have to say...
Sorry, I'm not assuming you're basing your conclusions on assumptions, I'm STATING THE FUCKING OBVIOUS.

Quote:
Or you so choose to defend someone who opposes me because you still have a very sore ass from an ass pwning i gave you years ago which I why you choose to argue things you know nothing about... such as Russia and vengeance's relationship with it...
Why must everything spin around you and your delusions? You implied Vengeance was Russian, I simply stated the truth (he's not) and that you're stupid for even thinking of making such an idiotic post.

Quote:
You are making a big deal out of the fact I think Russia is depressing... Who cares... Clearly I cannot be that far off considering the suicide rate... Still, you have to oppose every Idea I have due to the random ass pwing I do not even remember, but you so obsess over which is why you feel the need to respond to my every post despite me being on your ignore list...
Let me try to make sense of this. How the fuck are you equating thinking French and Portuguese = Mexican any kind of ass whooping? That's not even reasonable on a trolling premise, you simply said something stupid and xenophobic back then and you're saying something stupid and xenophobic right now.

I care because not everyone in this forum shares the same nationality and if you're not willing to respect other countries (and I mean respect, if they have something to criticize that is actually objective, you can criticize), how the fuck do you want anyone with a brain to relate with your reasoning?

Quote:
What about the suicide rate is not evidence? Suicide is caused by depression... Depression is caused by environment... The country is the environment... There you have it... WHat more do you need weather???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Russia
There is the climate...

Climate
Russia is a cold country, but there are always shades in the grey. The contrast of tundra's permafrost, which occupies 65% of Russian land and exotic Black sea coast has in between the continental climate, which is the most inhabited zone of European Russia, southern regions of Siberia and the Russian Far East. Its summers are always warm with a good portion of hot days enabling outdoor swimming in many of rivers, lakes and the seas.
From this: http://wikitravel.org/en/Russia
Canada has a severely lower suicide rate than Russia and shares many of the climate traits of Russia. Explain that if environment is such a big thing for suicide rate.

Quote:
ANd as WILL of D said:
The lack of sunlight does play a big part in suicide due to it's effects of endorphin, the feel good hormone and natural pain killers which cause a feeling of well being which depression is known for taking away...

And an environment that is cold, cloudy, lacking sunlight, is an environment that is known for breeding depression... Hell, the use of Wellbutrin is used for the treatment of seasonal affective disorder (winter blues also known as)... and if there is a medicine to treat it, then the cause of the problem must have been taken pretty seriously don't you think....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seasona...ctive_disorder

"There are many different treatments for classic (winter-based) seasonal affective disorder, including light therapy with sunlight or bright lights, antidepressant medication, cognitive-behavioral therapy, ionized-air administration,[8] and carefully timed supplementation of the hormone melatonin.[9]"

"Physiology

Seasonal mood variations are believed to be related to light. An argument for this view is the effectiveness of bright-light therapy.[12] SAD is measurably present at latitudes in the Arctic region, such as Northern Finland (64°00′N) where the rate of SAD is 9.5%.[13] Cloud cover may contribute to the negative effects of SAD.[14]
The symptoms of SAD mimic those of dysthymia or even major depressive disorder. There is also potential risk of suicide in some patients experiencing SAD. One study reports 6–35% of sufferers required hospitalization during one period of illness.[14] At times, patients may not feel depressed, but rather lack energy to perform everyday activities.[12]"

See, sunlight does make a difference...

But let me guess, this is not evidence because it severely hurts your argument...
Fallacy of composition: not everyone on a certain climate will share the same mood nor all depressed people will commit suicide. And, like I said, money, family and relationships pretty much squash climate as a reaosn for suicide. For real, do some research on suicide and tell me what's the percentage for "I don't like the weather". I'm not joking when I say I'm really curious to see it.

Quote:
Would you all shut up!? A boy is dead.
And I already said my piece on that. I'm just trying to make an idiot see how bigoted he's being towards the kid's nationality.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3








Last edited by Numinous; 11-12-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (11-12-2012), Mal (11-12-2012), Uchiha09 (11-12-2012), Vengeance (11-12-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.