Games and all things related - Page 218 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > The Trashbin > Spam Zone

Spam Zone Come here to post anything that doesnt fit into the rest of the forum topics.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #3256
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Games and all things related

I'd recommend the dead space games
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-15-2012)

Old 11-14-2012, 08:52 PM   #3257
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Alright then let's get serious.

Demon's Souls
Valkyria Chronicles
Ico + SOTC HD
inFamous 1+2
Killzone Trilogy
MGS4
Flower/Journey
Uncharted Trilogy
Heavy Rain
God of War Trilogy (maybe)
Siren Blood Curse
Yakuza 3 + 4
No More Heroes HD

Want to get the Deadly Premonition Director's Cut and the JoJo game in the future too.
You might already know this, but PS3 has no Region lock, so you can get games anywhere.

Gundam Crossfire (or target in signt I think it's sold as in EU like AU)

And uh...Will dig through my games for more.

ACt; I really disliked the story of ACIII, but there were other things as well. At first I didn't like the change to the combat system but it grew on me, probably because it was so flashy and fighting grunts became a bit more of a mix up due to soldiers "Resiliency". I didn't like Connor as a character, he was boring and he didn't feel like Ezio or Altair who hated the Templar's and was a true assassin, Connor was more a Sheep in Wolfs clothing. The Naval battles were okay, but I can see them becoming old quick. I finished the game with only the weapons I started with.

Although I did have some fun after I liberated a Templar base, after it all changed and It came back for me to play, one of the newly spawned patriots was next to me and like all AC AI he was an ass and pushed me...

so i killed the entire town...Feels good man.

The game it's self seemed really short. almost as short as brotherhood. Revelations felt longer.

For all the build up to the final kill it's a rather shit one, the past 4 games have ended in a fight with that games main antagonist, this one is a chase through a ship that's being built that is magically set on fire just as you run into it.
Desmond missions were good.
This game barely mentions Ezio and I don't think Altair's name is uttered once. for all the importance they supposedly held there is a distinct lack of anything to do with them. Even the bleeding effect has subsided.

Side missions aren't encouraged. I went through the main story and that was it.

There's other things that escape my memory right now. But over all I was severely disappointed in the game and the series story. The next game is probably going to be a window licking bus ride.
ACt (11-15-2012), Jaxon (11-15-2012), Tzu Men (11-15-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 PM   #3258
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts

Siren ending, i lol.
heavy rain is interesting.

resistance trilogy? i havent played it but i seen my bro play it, looks fun.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:49 AM   #3259
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientia View Post
Did you ever get this?
Not yet, more "responsible" things require money first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxon View Post
Valkyria Chronicles
This was all I was going to suggest.

Then I thought of the Resistance trilogy and Zone of the Enders HD. For the ZoE collection, if you can skip straight to ZoE2 then awesome, the first one isn;t really worth playing but the second one alone is worth it.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Jaxon (11-15-2012), Scientia (11-16-2012)
Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #3260
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Thanked 12,474 Times in 3,664 Posts
Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I've been planning on getting the ZoE HD Collection. Dunno whether to get it on Xbox or PS3, probably Xbox if it's technically any better. Probably gonna get the DMC HD Collection on PS3, because DualShock.

Also gonna look into getting crazy Japanese games because no region lock.
Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 01:05 AM   #3261
Mal
Scotch

Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

I think ZoE would control better with a PS3 controller, so I'd personally recommend getting the Xbox version only if it's substantially better in other ways. Personal preference though; R1/R2 (if I remember correctly) control altitude and I just don't think the 360s RB/RT would feel as fluid.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:04 AM   #3262
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Jaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to beholdJaxon is a splendid one to behold

Apparently the 360 version seems to run a good 20fps higher than the PS3. That's pretty big. I would also have liked to play it with a Dualshock, but I reckon I'll go Xbox on this one. Hell, I played Metal Gear with a 360 pad, can't be that bad.

I've ordered Demon's Souls and Yakuza 3 to be going on with when I get my PS3.

EDIT: Oh shit, that feel when your PS3 and Demon's Souls arrive on the same day.

Brb Boletaria.

Last edited by Jaxon; 11-16-2012 at 07:48 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-16-2012), Scientia (11-16-2012)
Old 11-16-2012, 10:37 AM   #3263
Mal
Scotch

If you can spare some extra cash you could try getting a Razer Onza controller, and programming the additional bumpers to function as triggers, might make some games feel more natural if it is otherwise unbearable.

The Amazon reviews make it seem terrible but all of the published reviews I've read say it's awesome, so I'm not sure what's going on there.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #3264
Demi-God
BEST

Thanked 6,491 Times in 2,312 Posts
Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

I've got Uncharted 3 and Dynasty Warriors 7 in the mail, gonna get mah PSTruple, set it up and get slashing.

Also, wall mounted the monitor I'll be using to play on, it looks so sexy and I want to wall mount everything now.
Demi-God is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Mal (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #3265
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

Aw. Now I want to wall mount somethin'.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-17-2012), Mal (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #3266
Demi-God
BEST

Demi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to allDemi-God is a name known to all

Meeee and my drill, wall mounting errything!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Demi-God For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (11-17-2012), Mal (11-17-2012), manta (11-17-2012), Numinous (11-17-2012), OG (11-17-2012), Servo (11-17-2012), T9F (11-17-2012), TheBaron (11-17-2012), Tzu Men (11-17-2012), zer0systm (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 10:55 AM   #3267
Servo
Mega User

Thanked 2,417 Times in 1,045 Posts
Servo will become famous soon enoughServo will become famous soon enough

^Nice clean and uncluttered setup dude.

Still playing XCOM. Really wish you had a running list of random missions of varying difficulty (in addition to your usual abduction, terror etc....) you could pick from. Just so you can cultivate your squaddies, make small panic reductions, pick up a little extra cash and so forth. It's a little annoying just waiting around for activity. I'll probably play vanilla for awhile longer, then check out what mods are available.

Servo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Servo For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-17-2012)
Old 11-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #3268
Demi-God
BEST

Thank ya, next step is to get some nails in the back to divide the cables and let them rest there.

I want to get XCOM in the Christmas sale, also, I propose a Chivalry tournament until we get a king/queen.
Old 11-17-2012, 12:03 PM   #3269
zer0systm
Antagonist

Thanked 8,057 Times in 2,875 Posts
zer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nicezer0systm is just really nice

Online multiplayer uncharted? Online multiplayer uncharted.

Gentleman I await your PStrio's
Old 11-17-2012, 12:08 PM   #3270
Jaxon
CHEEKI BREEKI

My PSN ID is the same as my gamertag.

And if you don't have my gamertag you're a square.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxon For This Useful Post:
Demi-God (11-17-2012)