Bleach 517 - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Bleach Series > Bleach Manga

Bleach Manga Talk about the manga series of Bleach here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 11-21-2012, 06:01 AM   #16
Witchking
Chuunin

Witchking will become famous soon enoughWitchking will become famous soon enough
Re: Bleach 517

Do you guys think that the king is strong?

Old 11-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #17
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,284 Times in 2,926 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

I think the King will turn out to be some grotesque monster that is the engine of the reincarnation process, which is why he must be protected at all times.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (11-28-2012)
Old 11-21-2012, 06:53 AM   #18
woody_3162
Chuunin

woody_3162 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he'll go see the king and find his dad sitting there with a cup of tea

;-)
woody_3162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 03:09 PM   #19
Pritha
Chuunin

Pritha is on a distinguished road

^u know thts what i tot ... not exactly though, i just tot he was actually adopted and his real dad is the king (who was also once an anomoly to that world)
Pritha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #20
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
If the secret service was full of overpowered super soldiers that could dish out more pain than all of the cops in DC combined and the president was in a location that required special means to gain entrance into I would.

It doesn't make sense that the 0 squad didn't help which is what Soifon was pointing out. If they are more powerful than the 13 squads, which includes Yamamoto the guy that incinerated several of the invaders on his own, had they sent 2-3 people down to SS this crap would be over. Yes, their job is to protect the king, but damn it weren't they watching the fight ?

Several captains survived their battles even with their Bankai being locked due to the circumstances, meaning the enemy wasn't that freaking powerful. From where I'm standing the opportunity for a surprise attack in order to end things was there. As for the king, it has been established that you need a key or some other shit to make it to his realm/palace so he/she/it would not be in immediate danger.

Not only was their inaction a stupid move but it all seems to stem from arrogance.

"You do your job I do mine. Even though had I helped you things would be over by now and there would have been a lot less casualties."

That is just shitty writing in my opinion.

While these are reasonable, possible scenarios I don't think the events of the manga back it up. Let's be real here, the only worth while person among the Quincy was Juha. Ganking the bastard and ending shit would have been the right move. As for the Quincy possibly having the means to get into the palace, wouldn't it have been a much more effective strategy to go to the palace directly ?

The element of surprise would cause disarray among the royal guard making them too occupied to fetch help from the 13 squads, and should the Quincy be victorious it would leave the King exposed. Engaging the lower troops in this case would be retarded as it would alert the royal guard and give them a chance to observe the Quincy in action.

Edit: Just to add to my comment about Juha being the only threat.

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c510/11.html

He was the only one that could steal Yama's Bankai, meaning had he not been there the old man would have cleaned the house. If the 5 can produce even the low figure of twice the Old man's power there was no way Juha would have been able to withstand a group attack since he had to render Yama Bankailess before taking him out.
I kinda disagree here Pimpin'. These Quincies, out of nowhere came and with the quicks annihilated the Hollows/Arrancar, they were wiping them out like videogame icons in the beginning to the point where Akon or whatever couldn't keep up.

Then out of the blue they just dashed to the SS by simply just feeling like it and appearing. The main Quincy character didn't appear through any seen 'gate', hell Juha seemingly decided to come on a whim.

That being the case, one could think that rushing Zero Squad not only leaves the King unprotected, but additionally will give a path to travel back to the King as they come over from wherever, that has not been available in the entire manga until now. If the path were accessible Aizen would've been there that was his goal. And still is.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #21
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
These Quincies, out of nowhere came and with the quicks annihilated the Hollows/Arrancar, they were wiping them out like videogame icons in the beginning to the point where Akon or whatever couldn't keep up.
Killing a bunch of fodder is hardly impressive, and there wasn't much Halibel could have done by herself. Feat wise their guys have nothing on the likes of Ulq, Stark and Barragan.

Quote:
Then out of the blue they just dashed to the SS by simply just feeling like it and appearing.
Not really, this is a plan hundreds of years in the making albeit flawed as hell.

Quote:
That being the case, one could think that rushing Zero Squad not only leaves the King unprotected, but additionally will give a path to travel back to the King as they come over from wherever, that has not been available in the entire manga until now.
If they turn out to be retarded sure, or they could do the logical thing and call back the pillar they use to get down there. These quincy are not that powerful, otherwise they would have killed the majority of the captains with less casualties. As the panel I linked demonstrated Yama had to be tricked and stripped of his Bankai before being taken out. Had Juha failed the old man would have mopped the floor with the opposition.

A surprise attack by a force equal or greater than Yama would have thrown a monkey wrench in Juha's plans more than likely leading to his death.
Old 11-22-2012, 02:13 AM   #22
UzumakiMat
Genin

UzumakiMat is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm waiting for Led Zeppelin to come.
UzumakiMat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 02:53 AM   #23
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Actually this is not a bad chapter of Bleach. Interesting to see who will Ichigo meet over there. Overall 1/10 for this chapter.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:30 AM   #24
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Kingoflighting pointed something out that completely eluded me.

How come Unohana's skills are inadequate when it comes to healing these guys when she was able to heal that little chick that was cut clean in half ?
Old 11-22-2012, 09:08 AM   #25
Spiegel
Pirate King

Thanked 1,774 Times in 930 Posts
Spiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to allSpiegel is a name known to all

Kubo did mention that Unohana is going to be playing an important role in this arc. With all of this going on I believe he's trying to build her up towards a surprise twist.
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”
― Donquixote Doflamingo
*Ex-Kakashi87*
Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #26
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,660 Times in 1,601 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
If the secret service was full of overpowered super soldiers that could dish out more pain than all of the cops in DC combined and the president was in a location that required special means to gain entrance into I would.
It's not as if the Gotei 13 aren't elite soldiers themselves though, that should even need these super-soldiers to come help them. I agree with the Kuwabara guy that SS is a bunch of weaklings that should be ashamed for being so pathetic as to need help. They should train harder IMO. If all the captains were on Yama's level then these Quincy's wouldn't have stood a chance, and 0 squad wouldn't even be needed, yes?

Quote:
It doesn't make sense that the 0 squad didn't help which is what Soifon was pointing out. If they are more powerful than the 13 squads, which includes Yamamoto the guy that incinerated several of the invaders on his own, had they sent 2-3 people down to SS this crap would be over. Yes, their job is to protect the king, but damn it weren't they watching the fight ?

Also the reason there are so many secret service people guarding the president isn't just because of the potential strength of an attacker, but because you never know where it's gonna come from, and what kind of numbers they might use. Remember way back during the Rescue Rukia arc when Ichigo and company ran around SS for days without being discovered, despite thousands of shinigami looking for them, LMAO!!!! And 5 guys to suppose to patrol the kings palace alone.
Well we really don't know how much stronger 0 squad really is at the moment, just that they>Gotei 13. So let's assume that they are each the equivalent in power to 3 captains. That means there combined strength is the same as 15 captains. Now if 2 of them did actually come to help out in the fight, it wouldn't have really helped out that much in the end. They might have taken out a few more quincy, but certainly not Juha Bach. On the other hand the remaining 3 of the 0 squad that stayed at the kings palace would now be the less than the strength of the Gotei 13 meaning there's nothing they could do is Bach and his goons showed up there next.

Also Juha Bach had given the order to retreat and wait for 0 squad to show up, meaning they were getting ready to fight them next, so they must have not been all that impressed by those guys anyway.

Quote:
Several captains survived their battles even with their Bankai being locked due to the circumstances, meaning the enemy wasn't that freaking powerful. From where I'm standing the opportunity for a surprise attack in order to end things was there. As for the king, it has been established that you need a key or some other shit to make it to his realm/palace so he/she/it would not be in immediate danger.
Only the captains that were ridiculously strong the begin with, and have NEVER used bankai anyway. Shusui, Ukitake, Shinji, etc....

Quote:
Not only was their inaction a stupid move but it all seems to stem from arrogance.

"You do your job I do mine. Even though had I helped you things would be over by now and there would have been a lot less casualties."
The only thing arrogant was Yama not getting his arm healed out of stupid prided when Orihime could have probably done ie in a few minutes. Bach called him out on that shit too.

Quote:
That is just shitty writing in my opinion.
These last few chapters have actually been the only thing on the last 200+ chapters that weren't shitty writing.

Quote:
While these are reasonable, possible scenarios I don't think the events of the manga back it up. Let's be real here, the only worth while person among the Quincy was Juha.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion seeing as we've only seen about half of the Quincy actually fight. I'm pretty sure with Bach giving each of them a letter designation that there are 26 elite fighters in total, and we've seen no more then 15 of them!!! I'm assuming they are ranked A-Z depending on their strength as well, meaning the highest ranked Sternritter we've seen was E. So where are D, C, B, and A, and just how much stronger are they? If it's anything like the Espada, the difference in power shouldn't even be funny.

So to say Juha Bach was the only threat there isn't a valid argument at all. Also in case you've forgetten, it was Bach's little sidekick that broke Ichigo's Bankai in 1 hit. That dude is a definite threat as well.

Quote:

How come Unohana's skills are inadequate when it comes to healing these guys when she was able to heal that little chick that was cut clean in half ?
I dunno. That chick did get cut clean in half though. Maybe that makes it easier to fix then byakuya was basically cut by thousands of times by mini blades, and left a bloody mess that was stomped into a wall. Just Sayin'.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (11-28-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #27
Reesaroni
Genin

Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point

I get the feeling they wouldn't ever move to help the Gotei unless Yamamoto was dead. Which happened then the Quincy left shortly after.
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Reesaroni For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (11-28-2012), NeoKakarott023 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 PM   #28
NeoKakarott023

NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:

Cut in half is one thing, Byakuya, was mowwed by his own shit, multiple times, plus his sword shattered, that Broad couldn't fix that. Added to one must think that Byakuya was more powerful than the Aizen Arc, everybodies supposed to be, but, that added power assisted in conqurering him to deaths doorstep.

Now this is the 1st time Quincies just 'popped' in on the SS
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c482/15.html
No gates, doors, nothing, at will.

Then this is what happened to a supposed Capt. powered Vice Capt.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c483/16.html

Notice how quickly they say goodbye...
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c484/
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c484/6.html

The first Quincy clown to show up vs. Ichigo learns they can't steal his shit..
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c484/9.html

And he had another way they travel with the quicks from Ichigo's hometown
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c484/11.html

Now before they left, they crushed 107 including Yama's Vice Capt in 182 seconds
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c485/7.html

Juha speaking on his power level vs. Arrancar
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c485/15.html

it was conqured by then.
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c485/17.html

Immediately after,
http://www.mangahere.com/manga/bleach/v53/c489/13.html

Juha Bach was not at all concerned about the SS, Yama, and it seems as if it was on a whim, not planned 100s of years. Maybe the ending of the SS, but not exactly the timing, my point, Quincies have been Boss in this bitch for a min. They have been able to come and go at will, and I must say if the Arrancar and Hollows were so soft/useless, why has these 'great' Shingami never been able to do what the Quincies did. I know its not they're wish, but sorry, I haven't seen the capability in the whole of the Gotei 13 combined be able to skewer through with barely a scratch from the Arrancar/Hollows.

Now Yama, telling ya'll the Dude had madcap overall power, but he was HYPE. No super speed to catch someone, no sensing ability whatsowhatever, Juha Bach was sitting on his collar before he knew. Not a very brainy guy. He was a pivotal character, a powerhouse, and a reason for motivation, other than that, he was aiight. All he did is waste his Bankai overall, and talk loudly for no reason against people that eventually owned him like property. This isn't a bash toward any of you Guys/Gals, but for me the Dude became more than 'disappointing' and after a while was stinking up the place.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeoKakarott023 For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (11-23-2012), Reesaroni (11-24-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 09:36 PM   #29
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Quote:
Juha Bach was not at all concerned about the SS, Yama, and it seems as if it was on a whim, not planned 100s of years.
They met each other 1000 years ago, do you really think Juha did this on a whim ? He invaded SS he didn't go to the beach.

Quote:
Maybe the ending of the SS, but not exactly the timing, my point, Quincies have been Boss in this bitch for a min.
Surely a sudden mass invasion didn't contribute to their success.

Quote:
They have been able to come and go at will, and I must say if the Arrancar and Hollows were so soft/useless, why has these 'great' Shingami never been able to do what the Quincies did. I know its not they're wish, but sorry, I haven't seen the capability in the whole of the Gotei 13 combined be able to skewer through with barely a scratch from the Arrancar/Hollows.
My Bleach knowledge is sketchy, but I'm pretty sure the Shinigami don't eradicate the Hollow because they too are a part of the reincarnation cycle. Besides, with the death of all espada but 1 the Quincy had it easy.

Quote:
Now Yama, telling ya'll the Dude had madcap overall power, but he was HYPE. No super speed to catch someone, no sensing ability whatsowhatever, Juha Bach was sitting on his collar before he knew. Not a very brainy guy. He was a pivotal character, a powerhouse, and a reason for motivation, other than that, he was aiight. All he did is waste his Bankai overall, and talk loudly for no reason against people that eventually owned him like property.
He had to be tricked in order to be defanged, which needed planning btw. Was he arrogant ? Yes. But the enemy couldn't face him a straight forward battle which speaks volumes about his power. As I said before, Juha was the only threat with his Deus Ex talisman of plot, Yama had enough power to wipe his entire army out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
Witchking (11-23-2012)
Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 PM   #30
NeoKakarott023

Quote:
They met each other 1000 years ago, do you really think Juha did this on a whim ? He invaded SS he didn't go to the beach.

Surely a sudden mass invasion didn't contribute to their success.

My Bleach knowledge is sketchy, but I'm pretty sure the Shinigami don't eradicate the Hollow because they too are a part of the reincarnation cycle. Besides, with the death of all espada but 1 the Quincy had it easy.

He had to be tricked in order to be defanged, which needed planning btw. Was he arrogant ? Yes. But the enemy couldn't face him a straight forward battle which speaks volumes about his power. As I said before, Juha was the only threat with his Deus Ex talisman of plot, Yama had enough power to wipe his entire army out.
But overall he killed less than Kenpachi, he slayed 3, Yama 2. By that math how could Yama do any more, he flamed 3 of them that tried to jump, yeah they got burned, but they still walk the Earth like Cain. Yama wielded incredible power, truly, on paper, didn't see it in person. A few sci fi tricks within one bankai that about it though. He lacked 'swag', and more than a few occasions he's looked like a bumbling leader. Tricking him not hard, ask Aizen, Juha, hell the Zanpakto tricked him.

I speak 4 languages...