Naruto 612 Discussion - Page 6 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #76
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 612 Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post
I agree with some of all that has said, even Veng, but nobodies gonna win, its always up to the individual's eyetest, everybody can have it and be correct.
I agree but I say that, if you are to criticize something, at least have the decency of knowing what you're talking about. That's why I don't have a gripe about Vengeance's opinions on OP because he either rightfully addresses them as opinion or he does have a point (although he does like to troll OP fans for good measure). Now to point out flaws that OP does not have or aren't flaws by design is kind of silly.

Quote:
Another note, though I'm not big on following a lot a rules, please stop posting out of Story unless generalizing, and please realize some haven't read/seen OP and they're are things called spoilers. A shit load has been spewed and thats not fair to those who are even still on the journey toward THAT STUFF IN THE STORY, so please take it to the appropiate section is all I ask. Dudes in here steered me toward OP and I truly appreciate they're efforts, so I'm more protective over it than Ble... not even worth finishing the name of it, or Naruto (merely hanging for Sasuke alone).
Well, at least I made both warnings in the beginning of my post. Hopefully SirBenoit or another mod move these posts to the OP section and a new thread.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (12-09-2012), Shrike (12-09-2012), Vengeance (12-09-2012)

Old 12-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #77
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Thanked 9,849 Times in 2,943 Posts
Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
All I got to say is Luffy's on the front of a building in Japan for a movie release for SOME reason
That's like saying Twilight is being released but lots of other books aren't being made into movies, that must mean Twilight is better, right?

Bullshit.

OP is awesome, but always overrated. Alabasta arc was far too long, the start of it would make me kill myself if I didn't have 100 chapters to read at once. Thriller bark was also bad. Morria is a horrible villain.

Definitely agree with Vengeance that the arcs are far too dragged in most cases and have some totally useless chapters.

As far as Shounen standards go, OP is a great manga, but FMA is better, and so is probably HxH.

Naruto and HxH have the best fights. There is no argument there, because Naruto works on a good system, like HxH. Well, used to work.
Shrike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-09-2012), Numinous (12-09-2012), Vengeance (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #78
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
All I got to say is Luffy's on the front of a building in Japan for a movie release for SOME reason; whilst Naruto & Bleach authors/productions houses have decided on they're own that its time to move on, and its incredibly obvious in the incompetent holes that are blown into the stories that can't ever be patched, or its done so horribly one wishes they left the shit alone and just proceeded past it. They both GAVE AWAY they're followings, threw away fans like trash, and looked only to mass market for the money grab on the way out.

IMHO OP follows the mold of Dragonball to Dragonball Z, the author seemingly is very interested in the story, and spends time on specifics as if its one in a series of novels, whereas lots of plots are at best like a TV series with honorable mentions of the genesis of the plot.

I can understand why some don't like OP, I didn't used to, thats the beauty of manga, they're are so many available, one can dislike what the masses do and still have a good experience. My first tour was tardy, but one of the best rides I've had in years. They're aren't enough for us fans nowadays because we swallow down anywheres from 3 to some of us 10 mangas that we keep up with, and were basically greedy. Because of the lack of anything that can satify our apetites, we can dissect what we dislike and go to war amongst each other, with whats better.... like rappers. In this argument Dagoro is like and Old School Hip Hop Artist attempting to explain something to a New School Artitst. I agree with some of all that has said, even Veng, but nobodies gonna win, its always up to the individual's eyetest, everybody can have it and be correct.

Another note, though I'm not big on following a lot a rules, please stop posting out of Story unless generalizing, and please realize some haven't read/seen OP and they're are things called spoilers. A shit load has been spewed and thats not fair to those who are even still on the journey toward THAT STUFF IN THE STORY, so please take it to the appropiate section is all I ask. Dudes in here steered me toward OP and I truly appreciate they're efforts, so I'm more protective over it than Ble... not even worth finishing the name of it, or Naruto (merely hanging for Sasuke alone).
Sorry. You are right spoilers are popping and im suffering too.
Whats HxH.
BOT obito should be easy to defeat if kakashi warps a whole platoon into the other realm, he will have no choice than to fight head on.

Last edited by ckraizitee; 12-09-2012 at 02:30 PM.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:47 PM   #79
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrike View Post
As far as Shounen standards go, OP is a great manga, but FMA is better, and so is probably HxH.

Naruto and HxH have the best fights. There is no argument there, because Naruto works on a good system, like HxH. Well, used to work.
I honestly could never get into HxH. From the random chapters I've read the artwork was so horrible that it was enough to completely turn me off from that manga as a whole. It's as if on some chapters the mangika just didn't care. Pretty much looked like he was drawing with a broken hand or something. Though I've heard that he redoes the artwork for the volumes what was released in WSJ was by far very shitty & amateurish at best. Again this is just my opinion.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
Shrike (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 04:53 PM   #80
ckraizitee
Genin

ckraizitee is an unknown quantity at this point

naruto and kakashi

Last edited by ckraizitee; 12-09-2012 at 05:19 PM.
ckraizitee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:03 PM   #81
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckraizitee View Post
p.s As i thought befor i started reading it, one piece is for kids and the people that think its the best/very good manga started reading it when they were children.
News flash Naruto is also for kids.

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ninjalostboy95 (12-09-2012), Numinous (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 05:43 PM   #82
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Shrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant futureShrike has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
I honestly could never get into HxH. From the random chapters I've read the artwork was so horrible that it was enough to completely turn me off from that manga as a whole. It's as if on some chapters the mangika just didn't care. Pretty much looked like he was drawing with a broken hand or something. Though I've heard that he redoes the artwork for the volumes what was released in WSJ was by far very shitty & amateurish at best. Again this is just my opinion.
I understand. I started with the anime back when I was younger and had much more patience. I don't watch anime now (well, for a few years back actually), only read manga. The first episode was horrendous, I remember, but it got better, and I realized how many other mangaka ripped off Togashi.

I agree, Togashi is a lazy fuck, and his drawings are terrible, but he can be a fucking top artist when he wants to. Because of his laziness and sometimes illness, HxH had a lot of major hiatuses. As of now, I think there are about 330 chapters of so, and Naruto, which had aired more then a year later has 600+.

But trust me, HxH has amazing characters and great plot. It's battle system is the best and alike to Chakra system, thus my previous statement that HxH and Naruto have the best fights. Hell, Uchiha storyline was stolen to a point from HxH.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-09-2012), Vengeance (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 06:50 PM   #83
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
That's like saying Twilight is being released but lots of other books aren't being made into movies, that must mean Twilight is better, right?

Bullshit.

OP is awesome, but always overrated. Alabasta arc was far too long, the start of it would make me kill myself if I didn't have 100 chapters to read at once. Thriller bark was also bad. Morria is a horrible villain.

Definitely agree with Vengeance that the arcs are far too dragged in most cases and have some totally useless chapters.

Sure OP is overrated but its because unlike some of the top shonen manga, they didn't just decide to shut down camp in the near future and put the middle finger up to they're viewership. With Naruto Kishi just seemingly quit and wanted to move on to the Baseball Diaries, whilst Kubo just seemed tired and wore out of shit to add to his plot worthwile anymore.

About OP, yes Alabasta was too long but considering SH's powerlevels at that point, understandable, and there were some things there that'll be pivotal in the future, so it was a set up arc. Even pivotal characters like Vivi, didn't actually 'hit they're stride' up to what they will eventually become.

Ussopps at the beginning as well was too long for me, and Thriller Bark not my fav, but Zoro had one of the best parts in the manga to date with Kuma, additionally it was necessary for the Brook situation IMHO.

My only point, OP (at least to date) seemingly is following the pattern of DB, and DBZ, whereas the author/producers are fully, and happilly invested in they're entire project, and don't take the obvious gambles, and the quickest solution to 'create' a following. Thats why OP is one of the few mangas where fans can like the lead characters for things other than simple powerlevels, but for they're personalities that a lot of time has been spent building with most characters in the story. Its long winded, but it gives the characters substance and originality from each ones own perspective, and not only SH's but general characters as well. The artwork leaves stuff to be desired, but it wasn't built off a Deathnote platform where visually things were so important, because the story has more depth for individual characters than that series IMHO.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:01 PM   #84
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Oda is great because he is patiently building what he wanted to build. Somehow, most chapters feel planned out even if he's dragging it. That's almost unimaginable for a weekly manga. Powerlevels in OP are well balanced, I'd agree.

I don't understand what you meant about Zoro and Kuma scene being super awesome though. It was pretty stupid if you ask me. One guy needs to die, the other asks to die in his stead, but he doesn't die. Wha?

Edit: Also, following the mold of DB or whatever isn't a plus at all in my book.

Edit 2: I understand some people dislike Oda's drawing style, but it's actually genius.

Last edited by Shrike; 12-09-2012 at 07:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #85
ask me anything
Simply AMAzing

Thanked 3,649 Times in 1,598 Posts
ask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really niceask me anything is just really nice

Quote:
I understand. I started with the anime back when I was younger and had much more patience. I don't watch anime now (well, for a few years back actually), only read manga. The first episode was horrendous, I remember, but it got better, and I realized how many other mangaka ripped off Togashi.

I agree, Togashi is a lazy fuck, and his drawings are terrible, but he can be a fucking top artist when he wants to. Because of his laziness and sometimes illness, HxH had a lot of major hiatuses. As of now, I think there are about 330 chapters of so, and Naruto, which had aired more then a year later has 600+.

But trust me, HxH has amazing characters and great plot. It's battle system is the best and alike to Chakra system, thus my previous statement that HxH and Naruto have the best fights. Hell, Uchiha storyline was stolen to a point from HxH.

I pretty much agree with you Shrike. Togashi can write a pretty damn good story. My only real problem with him, is when he explains every little aspect of the story, instead of trying to let the reader figure it out for himself. If you've read the chapters where Gon and Killua are learning how to use Nen from Wing (and later from Biscuit), then you know what I'm talking about. Goddamn paragraphs of text per page.

I can forgive the artwork though. Dude has chronic back pains to the point he can't sit down for more then 30 minutes without it becoming unbearable, and he sometimes has muscles spasms. If he could just hire an artist and just be responsible for writing the story, and coming up with the character designs, I think it would make things much smoother for everyone.

Togashi can create (likeable) characters like a boss, and his storyline hooks many fans despite the artwork. I've been waiting at least 8 months for him to come back. Dude left the story hanging at one of the best parts, like someone else I know....ahem.

ask me anything is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ask me anything For This Useful Post:
Shrike (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 PM   #86
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

So Thriller Bark gets mentioned as a bad arc (which it is, goddamn Moria and all the clunky scenes around the zombies) and no mention of the Foxy Pirates arc? That was pretty much the "the fuck am I reading?" moment of One Piece.

But I concur that One Piece is very overrated. Sure it's a good read for a Shounen manga, but fantards like to pretend its flawless when it has several flaws that even Oda acknowledges and handwaves them in the SBS bits. The art is really an acquired taste thing that can break or make the manga for people (reminds me of FF IX which many people refused to play due to the cartoonish style), but, like Shrike said, it's genius in its own merit, since it allows for very interesting designs a more realistic art would probably not allow.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Shrike (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 07:52 PM   #87
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
One guy needs to die, the other asks to die in his stead, but he doesn't die. Wha?
Seems like the underlying aspects flew over you completely, and it isn't like Zoro was established as a endurance freak before that point right ?

Weren't you the guy who was slobbering all over the Kisame death scene ?

Lol.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:04 PM   #88
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Oda is great because he is patiently building what he wanted to build. Somehow, most chapters feel planned out even if he's dragging it. That's almost unimaginable for a weekly manga. Powerlevels in OP are well balanced, I'd agree.

I don't understand what you meant about Zoro and Kuma scene being super awesome though. It was pretty stupid if you ask me. One guy needs to die, the other asks to die in his stead, but he doesn't die. Wha?

Edit: Also, following the mold of DB or whatever isn't a plus at all in my book.

Edit 2: I understand some people dislike Oda's drawing style, but it's actually genius.
Reply in OP section...
http://www.fandom.com/forums/showthr...75#post2131975

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:08 PM   #89
Shrike
█▄ █▄█ █▄ ▀█▄

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoro View Post
Seems like the underlying aspects flew over you completely, and it isn't like Zoro was established as a endurance freak before that point right ?

Weren't you the guy who was slobbering all over the Kisame death scene ?

Lol.
You are really a moron. What underlying aspect? The guy is tough so he survived what should have been his death? WHAT A BRILLIANT WRITING MOVE!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Shrike For This Useful Post:
Vengeance (12-09-2012)
Old 12-09-2012, 09:31 PM   #90
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

Quote:
You are really a moron.
Your mother.

Quote:
What underlying aspect? The guy is tough so he survived what should have been his death? WHAT A BRILLIANT WRITING MOVE!!
You question what the underlying aspects of that scene are yet you focus on the superficial. And you have the gall to call me a moron lol, hilarity galore.

If you actually read the dialog instead of flipping through the pictures you might noticed the elements at play during that chapter.

Zoro gave a superb display of loyalty to Luffy, he was willing to sacrifice a dream he carried for himself and his childhood friend, a dream he swore he would complete, that shows the level of respect he carries for Luffy. He didn't get off light from those injuries either, he was feeling the damage during the events of SA which took place days later. That was carried over to him kneeling before Mihawk and begging for training, Mihawk even comments on how Zoro is not the type to put his pride aside so easily, and he must have found something greater than his own ambitions to kiss the ground like that.

His actions also had an impact on Kuma who agreed to Zoro's conditions out of respect, and just in case you missed it Honor is a big thing in OP, lots of characters take it seriously, and it added to the mystery that is Kuma. He obviously spared the SHs for a reason which has yet to be revealed.

Now, to address the thing you are fixating on like a dumbass. Did you forget the time Zoro took a slash from Mihawk and went on without proper medical care for days ? How about the time he took a chainsaw like attack across his abdomen and lived ?

He was established as an endurance beast at his very first appearance in the manga by going days without eating anything, so the fact that you find him surviving taking Luffy's pain odd/stupid is pretty retarded since canon backs it up.

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-09-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote