One Piece Plus(es) and Minuses (possible spoilers) - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > One Piece Series > One Piece Manga

One Piece Manga Talk about the manga series One Piece here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
One Piece Plus(es) and Minuses (possible spoilers)

For me Thriller Bark was prolly the first time since Luffy and Zoro ran up on enemy since Milhawk where anyone on the crew TRULY felt like they were at the end of they're rope, and out of options. I found it nice that not only would a crew member give up his purpose/goal so that his Capt could continue on, AND he took not only Luffy's punishment, but also Sanji's and everybody on the island... and might i say LIKE A FUCKING CHAMP, for me. Other than that lil part, and Kuma's sheer power level at the time, I agree that arc was lacking, and to show I'm not a simple 'fan boy', the altered Luffy was way too much and over the top. In the style of OP though it wouldn't surprize me if something from that situation makes Luffy better in the future. Like his situation with regard to Fake Oro's snap, crackle, pop, moves being less effective due to the Magellan situation.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2012, 10:59 AM   #2
Gakure
JESUS LOVES YOU

Thanked 1,022 Times in 582 Posts
Gakure will become famous soon enoughGakure will become famous soon enough
Re: One Piece Plus(es) and Minuses (possible spoilers)

I dont think Luffy's sheer power was over the top. In the previous arc, he matched Lucci's full transformation boot for boot with G2 and totally overwhelmed him with G3. Lucci would have died. He lost consciousness and was lucky not to fall into the sea with addition to Luffy destroying two adjacent similarly shaped buildings with a single punch. Now, take that Luffy and imbue him with other strong warriors of the sea numbering a hundred. His power at this point will crush OZ like an ant, which he did. He did fool around a lil bit knowing there was a time barrier to his lucky powers. He shd have juts thrown OZ into the deep sea to get it over with.

VS Moria, he had no choice but to combine G2 and G3, going into G3 whilst in G2, something he has never done before, even up until now. He was fighting all shadows of the Island so to speak. That, I will say was a lil over the top.

For future 'shadow' powers, I dont think it's gonna be possible. It's a DF ability anyways

Audio Text More

SALVATION PRAYER
O Lord God, I come to You in the Name of Jesus Christ. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21). I ask Jesus to come into my heart to be the Lord of my life. I receive eternal life into my spirit and according to Romans 10:9, "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved," I declare that I am saved; I am born-again; I am a child of God! I now have Christ dwelling in me, and greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4)! I now walk in the consciousness of my new life in Christ Jesus. Hallelujah!"

BEST DECISION EVER!!!

Jesus Loves You!!! He Always Has. He Always WIll
Gakure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: One Piece Plus(es) and Minuses (possible spoilers)

I can take the things that weren't my fav's OP hasn't been too bad with the 'WTF was THAT??!!!' moments. While being long winded can be a problem to me it gives even the smallest character more depth than 95% of everything in Bleach, and more sensical than in Naruto by far IMHO. No it isn't perfect, and sure it could be nitpicked to death, but to date I haven't had beef with any of the main characters, they fit together oddly, but perfectly as a crew. Additionally Oda could've easily spammed and put more and more uber characters on board all at once, but its refreshing that they seemingly have they're eye on development of the characters, than simply pumping them up in power. I won't defend OP or any manga though as best, it hasn't been seen yet, I'm not done writing it.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote