Pope says gay marriage a threat to peace - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Old 12-16-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough
Pope says gay marriage a threat to peace

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...ide=more207214

Really? Gay marriage is a threat to peace? Silly me, I thought it was zealous nut-jobs with access to a lot of weapons.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to kael03 For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-16-2012)

Old 12-16-2012, 03:07 PM   #2
OG
[잊지 말아요]

Thanked 4,149 Times in 1,809 Posts
OG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these partsOG is infamous around these parts
Re: Pope says gay marriage a threat to peace

without reading the article, i do believe gay marriage can create more conflicts yes, mainly because of super religious people, the pope of course being one of them. lol

im not one of those people though.
Old 12-16-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,724 Times in 3,845 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

His primary reasoning, outside of "lolbible", is that "it goes against nature"/"it's unnatural". The same bullshit that all religious bigots claim when they are against homosexuality in general. Completely ignoring that homosexuality is prevalent in hundreds, if not thousands, of other species that primarily work on base instincts.
kael03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 03:32 PM   #4
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict XVI
‘There is also a need to acknowledge and promote the natural structure of marriage as the union of a man and a woman in the face of attempts to make it juridically equivalent to radically different types of union.ยด

(...)

‘Such attempts actually harm and help to destabilize marriage, obscuring its specific nature and its indispensable role in society.’
Right, because Jacob clearly wasn't married to two women that happened to be his cousins or David to multiple women and concubines and many other examples. Kind of sad that a Pope doesn't know his own Bible all that well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benedict XVI
These principles are not truths of faith, nor are they simply a corollary of the right to religious freedom.

"They are inscribed in human nature itself, accessible to reason and thus common to all humanity.

"The Church's efforts to promote them are not therefore confessional in character, but addressed to all people, whatever their religious affiliation.

"Efforts of this kind are all the more necessary the more these principles are denied or misunderstood, since this constitutes an offense against the truth of the human person, with serious harm to justice and peace".
Yes, because all humanity is heteronormative by nature, including the Sparta, feudal Japan and various tribes in Africa and Oceania, amirite?

While I think the role of Pope is laughable considering what I understand of the fundamental Christian faith, at least John Paul II did a good job on his run to make Christianity keep up with the times. Benedict XVI takes a step forward but two steps back at every occasion.

@ Kael and OG: Well, it'd be improbable of a Pope to decree zealotry the true source of religious conflict, don't you think? Just blame the gays for wanting to be treated like everybody else.

Quote:
Lulz, man in a dress and fancy hat doesn't like gay people.
Who, by turn, has a counsel of men in dresses and fancy hats, has a military force wearing flamboyantly colored outfits and fancy hats and mandates what men in dresses over the Catholic world have to abide.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Last edited by Numinous; 12-16-2012 at 03:35 PM.
Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #5
Mal
Scotch

Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
His primary reasoning, outside of "lolbible", is that "it goes against nature"/"it's unnatural". The same bullshit that all religious bigots claim when they are against homosexuality in general. Completely ignoring that homosexuality is prevalent in hundreds, if not thousands, of other species that primarily work on base instincts.
Maybe someone should explain to him that his Pope-mobile is unnatural, not to mention every single other manufactured good in the world.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (12-16-2012)
Old 12-16-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

He's got a serious point here folks. Have you seen the videos of women fighting over wedding dresses during those mass sales? Think of the carnage if you add gay men to the mix. Those fellas take good care of their bodies, honed into efficient and potentially deadly deal grabbers.

How many people must die before we see this danger?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-16-2012)