Naruto 614 - Page 5 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #61
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Naruto 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Oro......?
Will always sacrifice himself, for himself. Its a way of life, thats why he's never actually died once since his introduction to the entire manga. Thats big time, he was around before even JMan made his first appearance, the Forest of Death, THAT Chuunin Exam, lol. Keep killing them off like roaches, Kiba, Ten-Ten, make examples, rip out they're souls like what happened to Shizune, and let the bodies drop from about a half a mile up. So even if for some sake they can get the soul back, everything will be broken.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #62
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamabunta View Post
Oro......?
Will always sacrifice himself, for himself. Its a way of life, thats why he's never actually died once since his introduction to the entire manga. Thats big time, he was around before even JMan made his first appearance, the Forest of Death, THAT Chuunin Exam, lol. Keep killing them off like roaches, Kiba, Ten-Ten, make examples, rip out they're souls like what happened to Shizune, and let the bodies drop from about a half a mile up. So even if for some sake they can get the soul back, everything will be broken.

But the last 2 Oro, and Sasuke are both Konoha's Curses to the Shinobi World.

Hiruzen allowed Oro the ability of immortality, and allowed Sasuke to understand what devastation and pain are, so they can both inflict kaos. Gotta freakin luv it.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #63
Myth
Kage

Thanked 2,622 Times in 1,635 Posts
Myth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really niceMyth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emissary of Justice View Post
Okay, so you stretched the thread to do what? That first scene is already referenced in the latest chapter.

Fucking hilarious. I came here partially out of boredom and bam, new chapter. Neji's awesome, but at the same time, both Obito and Naruto needed this. With Orochimaru, he took Sasuke away. Nagato killed Jiraya. Minato and Kushina died protecting Naruto, but that was over a decade ago and he was just a baby, never knowing them personally until later. Not even sure if he knows that Konan died. Also, is this the first time he's seen a comrade die up close?

Seems like the telepathic message was only sent to their kids which would explain why Naruto has no clue.

I'm surprised Kishi opted to put Obito back in the driver's seat of that duo, illustrating that he has Madara by the balls and clearing up the mystery/plothole surrounding why Nagato never used Rinne Tensei before, either for Yahiko or Obito's benefit. With him admitting that he never even considered Madara his ally, it confirms to me that he never intended to bring Madara back. I'm guessing it was intended for Rin, but that still seems like a problem with Nagato being unable to bring back Jiraya due to time constraints. Either they don't know or the problem was that Jiraya fell into the water and couldn't be found.
or Jiraiya shows up with Orochimaru and Sasuke to help lmao.

seriously though kishis contradicts himself to much.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 PM   #64
jericho Uzimaki
ANBU

Thanked 1,558 Times in 509 Posts
jericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura aboutjericho Uzimaki has a spectacular aura about

Naruto got the same message as everyone else.

The difference is when they abruptly stopped sending the message everyone KNEW what happened. Naruto chose not to, back of his mind he knew.
It's kinda like when something bad happens, you know it did you just don't want to believe it.

Neji is a good character to die here protecting him. He was the first to REALLY change his thinking due to Naruto. So him giving his life for the person that changed his, is fitting.

For a second I thought it was gonna be a replay of Minato & Kushina, with th ewood spikes impaling both Neji and Hinata. Then Naruto would have flashed back on the story Kushina showed him inside his head.

I still really rather Naruto be powerful without Kurama, cause the Alliance is really depending on him. Only reason they are trying to buy time is for Naruto's "strength" to return. (AKA Kurama gain more chakra and get back into the fight.)

I liked that ninja were dying but AGAIN someone is pulling Sakura out of the way of danger/death!

One More Thing:

Kishimoto/editors might pull a "Bleach" on us, and make us think THIS is the last arc. Then run two more arcs afterwards JUST to make sure it needs to end.

TBH, with a few corrections and inspiration form Part I, Naruto(the Manga) can recover.

1.After the War, everyone goes home to rebuild their villages. To beat down to help each other.
2 All the Bijuu are gone or sealed away.

3. Naruto has to train w/o Kurama and gain his own strength. (insert Uzumaki heritige of seal knowledge.)
4. Sasuke is still rogue but NOT committing any crimes., just trying to rebuild his clan.

5. Oro becomes the bad guy again with Kabuto by his side.

6. Kakashi is Hokage after Tsunade retires to head the Medical corps & village relief missions

7. Kurenei becomes Sakura trainer in Genjutsu, to become more effective

8. Naruto becomes a Chunnin, while the rookie 8 all end up as Jonin.

9. Naruto is determined to become stronger than ever without Kurama, through hard work. Also discovers new Power-ups in the form of being trained by the Toads and an elder Uzumaki he discovers through Karin.

10. A hidden village betrays the peace act and sides with Orochimaru and the Sound Village.

Last edited by jericho Uzimaki; 12-18-2012 at 09:45 PM.
jericho Uzimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:58 PM   #65
junior3605
ANBU

junior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of lightjunior3605 is a glorious beacon of light

Damn...Neji was my Pt. 1 fav. For me, this hurts a bit but that's a good thing. Finally we're seeing Kishi sacrifice a few (past) major characters. But still, who would've imagined TenTen outliving Neji?

The first of the Konoha 11 gone. Wouldn't mind seeing Kiba bite the dust at this point.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:55 PM   #66
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoKakarott023 View Post

But the last 2 Oro, and Sasuke are both Konoha's Curses to the Shinobi World.

Hiruzen allowed Oro the ability of immortality, and allowed Sasuke to understand what devastation and pain are, so they can both inflict kaos. Gotta freakin luv it.
Not sure what you mean, but just thought that group of geniuses (minato, shisui, itachi and neji) you mentioned are the good guys thats why they die pathetic. Sasuke should join evil geniuses.
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #67
batonnoir
Chuunin

batonnoir is on a distinguished roadbatonnoir is on a distinguished road

I couldnt help but imagine "caw caw...squawk" when Neji's symbolic spirit/bird was skewered.

Regarding the reference to Edo Tensei, I can't see Neji or anyone who's perished so far, coming back...makes more sense to leave him/them dead as a shared loss for Naruto and Hinata.

If Naruto couldn't save all those alliance ninja that just got slaughtered...after making that big "nobody's gonna die"statement...I don't see how Neji's death would make the difference. We've already established that the death of a truly significant character in Naruto's life is more likely to make him rampage (not a Kakashi invisible rampage, but a killing people on both sides rampage).

I think the point is that Naruto wit be able to save anyone without help. While I personally wish the help could have come from Hinata, I think we all know that s--- ain't happening...and since noone currently on the battlefield has been able to truly sway the tide of this battle...I believe we are being set up fot the introduction of Sasuke and/or Orochimaru into the fray... IMHO.

Unsolved Mysteries.
  1. Kimmimaru's Disease no jutsu
  2. Itachi's Disease no Jutsu
  3. Izuna's "Death"?
  4. Obito's other eye
  5. Nagato's Disease no jutsu
batonnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:11 PM   #68
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

EDIT: here there be wallpost, you hath been warned.

Why Kishi why? Why did you kill my favorite character in your entire crappy manga ;3; NejixTenten shipping will never be the same. T^T I wonder if/how this will effect the spin-off?

Okay now that I`m over that, this was a really weird chapter. Feel free to correct anything here, but here's my analysis.

All shipping woes aside, Neji's death may have a bigger role in the plot than can be seen. Yes, ever since the Gaara Retrieval Arc Neji has been incredibly scarce, and slowly went from being a support character to a minor character. Over the years he would pop in randomly now and then to chirp some sort of rational quip for one page and then go away for several more chapters. To the naked eye, his death is meaningless, and serves no point other than giving Obito a reason to bait Naruto, "you said you wouldn't let your friends die, and yet this douchebag did. What are you gonna do about it you naive little shit?" and whatnot.

HOWEVER, if my theory is correct, this has a much bigger impact IF you take into account his relationship with Hinata and Naruto. No, this isn't me saying "Neji died to protect them so Naruto and Hinata should totally get together, your argument is invalid hurrdurr", I`m talking about the impact his death will have on their characters. Not only is it going to fuel Naruto's fire for the final fight, but it will also affect how Naruto and Hinata deal with the political workings of the Hyuga clan *because Naruto promised he'd change the caged bird shit when he became hokage and Hinata's too much of a pussy to carry on the more questionable traditions*, this will just give them another resolve to get something done.

For all you NaruHina shippers, this could set them up with working together so they can marry without stepping on too many toes. For everyone else, it sets up Hinata to show she has the strength and resolve to be a ninja and lead her clan, and it sets up Naruto to be more aware and cautious. As far as the Manga is concerned, I think this is the first time Naruto has seen one of his friends die.

Forget the nature of his death, Neji and Naruto knew each other since their first chunin exam, and as far as we knew they probably bumped each other in the schoolyard during their academy days *make whatever you will of that, I know you want to*. He watched Zabuza and Haku die, but they were kinda dicks to him at first anyway, and he was only emotional when he saw how much they actually suffered. He knew of Jiraiya's death *I missed a big part of the manga and can't be bothered to go check, so I dunno if he actually SAW it* but Jiraiya was old anyway. I could name several other deaths he saw/experienced but it wouldn't quite hit close to home because none of the deaths were in his social circle. Although scarce, Neji was still Naruto's friend, and that's gotta hurt man.

As for why Neji and not Hiashi, Kiba, Sakura, or some other dude:

1. For all we know Neji was closer and saw it coming long before Hiashi did. Though he fought against it, protection of the Head Family as the main priority of the Side branches has been deeply engrained into Neji. 50% of his death could be attributed to instinct. I have no doubt, based on what little I`ve seen of Hiashi post-chunin exams, that if he could have he WOULD have interfered. But he's an old fuddy duddy and he's only in the war in the first place because he can't just sit at home and spoil Hanabi while Neji and Hinata do all the ninja shit.

2. This is actually a good question. Naruto has a much closer/stronger relationship with Kiba than he ever did with Neji. Again, it could just be that Neji was closure and his politically-driven instinct made him react faster, but it's just a theory. 5 bucks says dogboy dies next though.

3. As much as I hate to admit it, Sakura CAN'T die. Not only is she a main character, but Kishi has made it very clear that this Mary Sue is here to stay, and she's as close to a female lead as we're gonna get unless Naruto's sexy jutsu goes horribly wrong and becomes irreversible (oh god I hope not, that's all this manga needs -_-).

4. We don't really KNOW random ninja in the alliance who would be close enough to Naruto for a good shock factor. Neji scores pretty high on the popularity polls so in a literary sense, his death is ideal for a good shock without being overly depressing, no matter what his fangirls say.

Or Kishimoto is off his rocker and is just going to keep trolling us with long-ass dialogue and random deaths until he can think of a good Deux ex Machina to bullshit us with so that his once-great manga can, finally, come to an end. Knowing him, it's probably the latter.

As for Sai and Yamoto's role in the manga, well, that's an entirely different discussion, and has nothing to do with this chapter *though I agree, they do nothing but serve comical purposes and the occasional Deux Ex Machina when Kishi writes himself into a corner with Naruto and Kurama's power struggle. Still makes me lol though, so I can't really complain.*

Last edited by catilena1890; 12-18-2012 at 11:19 PM.
catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to catilena1890 For This Useful Post:
jericho Uzimaki (12-18-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 11:41 PM   #69
ninjalostboy95
Moe game on point

Thanked 4,705 Times in 2,857 Posts
ninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really niceninjalostboy95 is just really nice

Wtf Neji? You couldn't deflect the tree branch with a quick rotation?
ninjalostboy95 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:44 PM   #70
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

Methinks that was what is called a slip of the mind, on the author's part. Kishi probably forgot Neji is a fucking shield and is going to explain it away with some bullshit about not having enough chakra.

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #71
batonnoir
Chuunin

batonnoir is on a distinguished roadbatonnoir is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by catilena1890 View Post
Methinks that was what is called a slip of the mind, on the author's part. Kishi probably forgot Neji is a fucking shield and is going to explain it away with some bullshit about not having enough chakra.
I'm going to give Kishi the benefit of the doubt on this one. He did draw Neji looking a bit worn out, plus all the chakra expelled on multiple executions of this "Hyuuga Ultimate Jutsu"... As to the earlier mention that the spikes were going too fast...it is admittedly a weak sounding argument because the spikes should have essentially been coming from one direction, allowing Neji to focus his chakra bursts to one side...still the mass and potential speed of a projectile coming from a bijuu does make this credible.

Bottom line...how much wood can a bijuu chuk...and how fast.

Unsolved Mysteries.
  1. Kimmimaru's Disease no jutsu
  2. Itachi's Disease no Jutsu
  3. Izuna's "Death"?
  4. Obito's other eye
  5. Nagato's Disease no jutsu
batonnoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:33 AM   #72
AniMeFaN
Chuunin

AniMeFaN is an unknown quantity at this point

That sucks, just keep killing off the best characters.
AniMeFaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:54 AM   #73
kael03
Aspiring Physicist

Thanked 8,718 Times in 3,842 Posts
kael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the roughkael03 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho Uzimaki View Post
Kishimoto/editors might pull a "Bleach" on us, and make us think THIS is the last arc. Then run two more arcs afterwards JUST to make sure it needs to end.
Nope, Kishi has stated that this war is the final arc because he wants to finish Naruto and move on to some baseball/mafia manga. There might be a 1 issue arc to end the manga, showing how the survivors have fared.
kael03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #74
Vengeance
Death Scythe

Thanked 9,331 Times in 4,060 Posts
Vengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud ofVengeance has much to be proud of

O let's see...

1. Neji says you can't defy destiny.

2. Naruto says you can.

3. Neji ends up agreeing.

4. Naruto ends up being a child of destiny prophesied to ether save the world or destroy it.

5. Neji ends up dieing to protect the main family of the Hyuuga which was his original destiny.

Anyone else find it funny that Neji was right all those years ago?

Monster brawl brought to you by Claymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liondemon View Post
Yeah vengeance, if i could giuve rep to your o so epic post too i would, but unfortunately I have already repped your greatness already so i cannot either. Just wanted u to know im on your cock now too
Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTKorby View Post
FOOLS! Time is no obstacle for utter lunacy! Reality is but an illusion that can be ignored if the insane demand it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batonnoir View Post
1) There may well be some literary or map correlation between the Uzumaki and Ireland.
Check out this awesome manga called Magi.

Wanna join me come and play, but I mite shoot you in your face. Bombs and bullets will do the trick. What we need here is a little bit of panic! ~ Get Jinxed
Vengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Vengeance For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-19-2012), ckraizitee (12-19-2012), emachina (12-19-2012), Eternal Solitude (12-19-2012), NeoKakarott023 (12-19-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 AM   #75
Eternal Solitude
Traveler
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion

Eternal Solitude is on a distinguished road

Hmm... somehow I don't c Sasuke awakening Rinnegan & reviving Tsunade or Neji.

How cool it would b if v find out dat this is just an illusion a Genjutsu started by Obito 2 scare/test Naruto.

I'm bullet proof, nothing to loose.
Fire away, fire away.

Eternal Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Eternal Solitude For This Useful Post:
ckraizitee (12-19-2012)