Naruto 614 - Page 7 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums

Go Back   Fandom Forums > Anime & Manga > Naruto Series > Naruto Manga

Naruto Manga Talk about the manga series Naruto here! Remember, this is manga only. No anime!

Old 12-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #91
Emissary of Justice
Resident Smartass

Emissary of Justice will become famous soon enoughEmissary of Justice will become famous soon enough
Re: Naruto 614

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance View Post
Neji died to protect the main family which was his original reason for being. Neji didn't defy destiny he basically embraced it. All this shows us is that destiny can not be changed so why bother fighting it.
Much like his father, it wasn't about protecting the main branch family, but being forced to do it and not having the freedom of choice.

Neji may have repaired his relationship with the main family after learning the truth about his father, but if you thought he died to protect the main family, you were just looking at pictures and not reading the chapter.

He doesn't utter a single word to Hinata, even after she called him brother. That was purely for Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ask me anything View Post
C'mon people, quit saying sakura has no purpose. Sure she's sucked as a character since the very beginning and only got progressively worse with time (har har), but there is 1 purpose she could be useful for...a sacrifice?!
Meh. She's just the overly happy crying bitch that hugs him when he saves the day.

You will be missed.
Emissary of Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Emissary of Justice For This Useful Post:
Senkradlol (12-20-2012)

Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 AM   #92
Gamabunta
Chuunin

Gamabunta will become famous soon enoughGamabunta will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina View Post
Since no one else has done it, here goes:

OH MY GOD! THEY BROUGHT BACK NEJI!
YOU BASTARDS!
few chapters down the road......
Gamabunta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gamabunta For This Useful Post:
catilena1890 (12-20-2012), emachina (12-20-2012), jericho Uzimaki (12-21-2012), NeoKakarott023 (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #93
catilena1890
I ran outta fucks to give

catilena1890 will become famous soon enoughcatilena1890 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by emachina View Post
Since no one else has done it, here goes:

OH MY GOD! THEY KILLED NEJI!
YOU BASTARDS!
Actually, Emachina, I kinda did that in my wallpost, you didn't see it obviously. But I totally understand, hard to comprehend stuff when grieving for a favorite character. Stay strong bro, this is what fanfiction is for

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplosiveArt View Post
Kishi is sending a mixed message, so I can see both points of view. Death is a destiny that no one can escape (not even Madara), but how you choose to die is still in your control. So, Neji choosing this fate is interesting giving his past.

I don't think Neji's death propels the story in anyway unless the others start to die as well left and right. So, sUNshINe & loLLipoPs Naruto's perspective may change, and he may actually grow into an adult from such experiences. But if Neji's death is the only close up one Naruto is witness to, I don't think it has the impact Kishi was hoping for.

Kishi is guilty of making a lot of side characters so meaningless towards propelling the story along. I think we all agree this happened when Naruto became the child of destiny.
According to this Manga, Death IS an escapable destiny. Orochimaru has been doing it for years, Madara even longer, Chiyo gave HER life for Gaara's to allow him to escape death, and Nagato pretty much said "Whoops, my bad, sorry about that" and brought everyone who died in his tantrum back to life. For all we know, there is still a chance for Neji and everyone else who died to pop back up and say "LOLNOPE! NOT DEAD!". Knowing Kishi, this is what is going to happen.

There is an opportunity for Neji's death to propel the story forward, but from a non-biased standpoint I highly doubt it. Why would everyone else dying make it any more important than it is right now? The only way I could see this happening was if he was the only casualty the fanbase cared about *though, I wouldn't mind Sakura adding to the body count*.

Yeah I do agree with you there. I knew when they started talking about Naruto's inherent ability to befriend pretty much anyone that he was going to be the only one to conquer the ultimate evil, and when that was confirmed the manga was pretty much doomed to eternal shithood. And thus we come to the main question: What can be done to save the manga and pull it out of the proverbial toilet?

catilena1890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:34 AM   #94
Aman Shahur
Genin

Aman Shahur has a little shameless behaviour in the past

hnnnnnnnnnn i just get a realise for something that make me rely uset.........neji have nazi symbol for his forhead............. look if you are not share this believe.......

http://postimage.org/image/fab9ivcu5/

i am soe mad rite now...................my people get a lot of suffer for the war and then writer show this...............

Last edited by Aman Shahur; 12-20-2012 at 07:37 AM.
Aman Shahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #95
emachina
Jounin

emachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura aboutemachina has a spectacular aura about

Well, Neji's death would be a lot more meaningful if he had actually been in the manga more. He started out well in P1 and the beginning of P2. But has mostly been absent since the rescue Gaara arc. Making occasional, unimportant contributions to dialogue, and suddenly he decides to sacrifice his life for Naruto? Shit, he's a more flushed out character in the Rock Lee spinoff, and most of that is due to jokes about him being a drag queen. It's just a lame death thrown in for "shock" value. If Sakura, Sai, or Hinata had been impaled, it might've been a bigger deal.

Quote:
hnnnnnnnnnn i just get a realise for something that make me rely uset.........neji have nazi symbol for his forhead............. look if you are not share this believe.......

i am soe mad rite now...................

Last edited by emachina; 12-20-2012 at 07:40 AM.
emachina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to emachina For This Useful Post:
ACt (12-20-2012), ask me anything (12-20-2012), jekyl_hyde (12-20-2012), kael03 (12-20-2012), Numinous (12-20-2012), platinumrug (12-22-2012), Pritha (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #96
Dagoro
The surgeon of death

Thanked 7,274 Times in 2,924 Posts
Dagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to allDagoro is a name known to all

The problem here is that Neji's death was obviously intended to deliver emotional impact on some level, which is why so many people are criticizing it. You can't expect everyone to feel bad about a character that did nothing for 400 chapters, only the hardcore fans will have that reaction.

In that aspect his death fails, but in the overall scheme of the war it made a bit of sense at least since he was an unimportant foot soldier dying to protect an essential asset of the alliance ( sort of, since Hornata was there too ).

Last edited by Dagoro; 12-20-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Dagoro is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dagoro For This Useful Post:
emachina (12-20-2012), platinumrug (12-22-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #97
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman Shahur View Post

i am soe mad rite now...................my people get a lot of suffer for the war and then writer show this...............
Whilst its similar to a Nazi symbol, it aint the same. Most of us accepted that, and thought nothing more than Kishi was attempting to hi-light one of his charater, and make him unique. If Neji had the personality of someone of that mindset it would be worth something.

He was rocking the same symbol in the Sasuke Rescue Arc, therefore if anyone is at this point in the manga theyre shouldn't be any surprize. The actual surprize is that the symbol disappeared when he died, are we supposed to know NOW that the character is dead, thats why we shouldn't have worried about his livelihood back then vs. Kidomaru. You know, now that were armed with the, 'The others like Kiba, and Chouji, might not make it, but Neji's symbol is still there he's gonna be fine', knowledge. One could call that ass backward.

Just thinking back, off topic, both Kankuro, and Gaara were killing they're opponents back then, he didn't 'capture' Sakon, he skewered the 2 Faced Tranny.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.

Last edited by NeoKakarott023; 12-20-2012 at 08:59 AM.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #98
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

Oh, lol. NEJI IS A CLOSET NAZI BECAUSE HE HAS A SWASTIKA WHICH MEANS NOTHING BUT NAZI!!!

lol.

Naruto stuck his penis in anyone yet?
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
kael03 (12-20-2012), Numinous (12-20-2012), platinumrug (12-22-2012), Tmoore (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 09:11 AM   #99
NeoKakarott023
Tha One to the 23rd Power

Thanked 1,776 Times in 1,057 Posts
NeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of lightNeoKakarott023 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
Oh, lol. NEJI IS A CLOSET NAZI BECAUSE HE HAS A SWASTIKA WHICH MEANS NOTHING BUT NAZI!!!

lol.

Naruto stuck his penis in anyone yet?
Asuma, and Jiraiya the only ones in the manga that has gotten ass, and the way J-Man was running behind Naruto, I'm wondering was the time he spent with the Broads a front to just get drunk, then come back and chase the Orange Ninja, oohhh, remember Pervy.

Show Me How Much You Have Evolved...(As Tian walks toward an Army he's been waiting eons for).

I speak 4 languages...

English, Profanity, Sarcasm, and Real Shit.
NeoKakarott023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #100
Numinous
Writing speed: snail

Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
In East Asia, the swastika is a Chinese character, defined by Kangxi Dictionary, published in 1716, as "synonym of myriad, used mostly in Buddhist classic texts", by extension, the word later evolved to represent eternity and Buddhism.

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3

Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-20-2012), Clone_Sage (12-20-2012), emachina (12-20-2012), jekyl_hyde (12-20-2012), jericho Uzimaki (12-20-2012), kael03 (12-20-2012), NeoKakarott023 (12-20-2012), platinumrug (12-22-2012), Pritha (12-20-2012), Rikudou Sennin (12-20-2012), Tmoore (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:03 AM   #101
ACt
Heart Wizard

Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice

I knew Numinous wouldn't be able to resist.
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 11:22 AM   #102
Numinous

Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
I knew Numinous wouldn't be able to resist.
Saw The Producers picture, checked why it was posted, saw it was a dumb post, voilĂ*.

The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
kael03 (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 01:05 PM   #103
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin

Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
Quote:
In East Asia, the swastika is a Chinese character, defined by Kangxi Dictionary, published in 1716, as "synonym of myriad, used mostly in Buddhist classic texts", by extension, the word later evolved to represent eternity and Buddhism.
What he said....

And I've been gone for a couple of weeks... and you (Aman Shahur) still haven't learned to spell dude.
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:26 PM   #104
Aman Shahur
Genin

Aman Shahur has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekyl_hyde View Post
What he said....

And I've been gone for a couple of weeks... and you (Aman Shahur) still haven't learned to spell dude.
enoghu for this harasment!!!! i am give you two choice right for this momend..........respect me or leave a forum!!! got it punk ass???????????? i could change a saiyain mode for this instance but i spare youre blush...........remember who you are speak to.............dont forget.........

Last edited by Aman Shahur; 12-20-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Aman Shahur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #105
Numinous

Isn't he cute when he thinks he's being intimidating? You know what would make that more intimidating? If you knew how to spell!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-20-2012), Clone_Sage (12-20-2012), jekyl_hyde (12-20-2012), kael03 (12-20-2012), xxMESTxx (12-20-2012)