School shooting in CT - Page 2 - Fandom Forums
Fandom Forums



Go Back   Fandom Forums > General > World News

World News Post and discuss news articles on recent world events here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 01:02 PM   #16
kluang
One Punch Man
 
kluang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 6,404
Thanks: 3,166
Thanked 4,595 Times in 2,087 Posts
kluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to beholdkluang is a splendid one to behold
Re: School shooting in CT

http://now.msn.com/anonymous-hacks-w...baptist-church
__________________









To err is human, to forgive, divine. Humans aren't machines... they have souls, feelings. They live, they die, they love, they hate... And yes, they even make mistakes.....

When kluang finds you creepy and wrong then you are beyond horrible.

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.



Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Being Malaysian is about driving in a German car to an Indian restaurant for an Indonesian food, then travelling home, grabbing a Pakistani kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV. Because we have no originality.






kluang is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 12-18-2012, 04:46 AM   #17
Eternal Solitude
Traveler
Tetris Champion, Asteroids Champion
 
Eternal Solitude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Rina-sama
Posts: 78
Thanks: 91
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Eternal Solitude is on a distinguished road
Re: School shooting in CT

I don't know what 2 say, Its really horrible, what did those children do 2 him.
__________________

I'm bullet proof, nothing to loose.
Fire away, fire away.

Eternal Solitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 AM   #18
Reesaroni
Genin
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 'Merica
Posts: 140
Thanks: 70
Thanked 53 Times in 30 Posts
Reesaroni is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
There's one of these floating around from when President Obama interrupted Sunday night football to talk about it
Reesaroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #19
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: School shooting in CT

Come on guys. What is wrong about being pragmatic about an overexposure of a slight statistical bump in the number of (child) deaths?

The only atrocious thing is that they wanted to watch a show with Bieber in it :P
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stubborn_d0nkey For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-20-2012)
Old 12-19-2012, 11:52 PM   #20
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: School shooting in CT

^ I agree with you on this. At this point I'm just sick of hearing about it. It's a bit hypocritical and ridiculous that the media has made it such a big deal. I mean yeah, it sucks that it happened, and I feel bad for the family's and what not. It's only 20 kids though. Their are over 10,000 kids dieing EVERYDAY in this world and the only ones that are important are the American ones with the news coverage? Fuck that.

I also find it really disgusting that Obama made his whole speech about what happened and acted like he was about to cry. Never mind the fact he's personally responsible for thousands of deaths of innocent men, women, and CHILDREN through authorizations of drone strikes and the like in the Middle East.
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi

Last edited by xxMESTxx; 12-19-2012 at 11:53 PM.
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #21
stubborn_d0nkey
Kage
 
stubborn_d0nkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Age: 23
Posts: 5,162
Thanks: 12,579
Thanked 3,903 Times in 2,129 Posts
stubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the roughstubborn_d0nkey is a jewel in the rough
Re: School shooting in CT

I don't think comparing worldwide deaths is that relevant. Just stick with USA deaths. I read somewhere Rhee other day that over 50k die each year (though that's age 0-19,2007 data IIRC). Let's say about half of that is relevant and let's further divide and round it to 70 per day.

20 died there vs the relevant 70 per day.
__________________
I am THE stubborn_d0nkey, thou shalt not have other stubborn donkeys before me.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER

Quotes for noobs (learn how to break up a quote)
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future
So you can post the second bit and i shouldnt be allowed to if i dont tell you? Why be so rude?

Anyways, here is a quotes for noobs guide


1. A basic quote

[*QUOTE][*/QUOTE]

(the * need to be removed for it to work, I put them in so you can see the text) is a basic quote that just wraps something in a quote without saying who quoted it who quoted so

[*QUOTE]this is a quote[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
this is a quote

Edit: there is a button for this, it looks like a speech bubble. If you select text and then press the button the selected text will automatically be wrapped with the quote tag


2. A quote that says who said it

[*QUOTE=who said it][*/QUOTE] this adds who said the post, manually putting that there can be useful when quoting something external. Example:

[*QUOTE=Mangastream]Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us[*/QUOTE] without any * would look like
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangastream
Remember all you sexy bastards out there, Naruto, Bleach, OP, FT, etc. all on break this week. Feel free to take your rage out on us
3. A quote that says who said it and links to the post where it was said

[*QUOTE=who said it;X][*/QUOTE]

Where X is the post number.

For the post that i originally quoted it would look like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey, how do you break it up please and if your not willingly to tell me, then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]

That is what you get when you press the quote button.

4. Breaking up a quote

Now that you know how quotes work it all boils down to preference, how you want it to look like and how you want to do it.

One way of doing it is copying the latter part of the original quote [*/QUOTE] and then pasting it after each section you break up, write your reply, choose the text you want then paste it after that portion, repeat till you finish the go back and copy then paste the first part of the text at the beginning of each portion of text. Of course you can immediately copy and paste both parts of a poste so that you dont forget one in the end.

The end result would be something like this

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4



Which without any * would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4


Another way of doing it would be to cut and paste the second part of the quote tag after the first section of text you want to seperate then write your reply select the second part and hit he quote button (it looks like a text bubble),if you do that without anything else the end result would be

[*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164]Ok Stubborn donkey,[*/QUOTE]
My reply 1
[*QUOTE] how do you break it up please[*/QUOTE]
my reply 2
[*QUOTE]and if your not willingly to tell me, [*/QUOTE]
my reply 3
[*QUOTE]then please DONT offer me no advice in future[*/QUOTE]
my reply 4

Which would look like

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato uchiha View Post
Ok Stubborn donkey,
My reply 1
Quote:
how do you break it up please
my reply 2
Quote:
and if your not willingly to tell me,
my reply 3
Quote:
then please DONT offer me no advice in future
my reply 4

To make it like the previous example (which wpuld be preferred, though not necessary ) copy the part that says who posted with the link to the post and paste it accordingly to the proper part in each first half of each quote tag. In my I would copy =minato uchiha;2118164 and paste it where the # is
[*QUOTE#] to get [*QUOTE=minato uchiha;2118164] (of course with the * removed)


Of course you can use any other method you like to get to the end result, but now that you know what the end rwsult looks like I think there shouldnt be any problems
stubborn_d0nkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:56 AM   #22
ACt
Heart Wizard
 
ACt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: The Halls of Irreverence
Posts: 3,237
Thanks: 5,289
Thanked 18,598 Times in 4,839 Posts
ACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really niceACt is just really nice
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluang View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kael03 View Post
...I ask once more, what the fuck is wrong with people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by apacolypz View Post
and again what the fuck is wrong with people?....Justin who gives a fuck and yeah good ole Ellen....young kids have been murdered....like put the bullshit aside and have a considerate heart.....you're pissed that the fact your Ellen DG show with special guest segment would be re aired or cancelled...that is just sour... these people kill me...lives have ended and you're worried over some shitty moment to see the Beaver?!

sad sad news non the less...prayers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reesaroni View Post
There's one of these floating around from when President Obama interrupted Sunday night football to talk about it
What? You are still surprised that some people aren't utterly moved or necessarily concerned that a bunch of kids were shot and annoyed at how it interrupted what they thought was truly important rather than feign outrage or grief or sadness when it truly has no bearing or impact on their life and wellbeing? All Twitter has done is made that public.

Someone do a list of people who went around yelling at people to stop their lives because kids were shot because it highlights that when AMERICAN kids are shot, life must halt, but when kids around the world are shot, starved, enslaved and other unspeakable things, it's OK to get excited about Justin Bieber.

Yeah, it's awful news but it doesn't mean everyone has to suddenly go to the funeral. Stop acting so shocked.
__________________
I've become
A simple souvenir of someone's kill
And like the sea
I'm constantly changing from calm to ill
Madness fills my heart and soul as if the great divide could swallow me whole
oh, how I'm breaking down
ACt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ACt For This Useful Post:
Darth-Nero (12-20-2012), Mal (12-20-2012), Numinous (12-21-2012), xxMESTxx (12-20-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #23
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
^ I agree with you on this. At this point I'm just sick of hearing about it. It's a bit hypocritical and ridiculous that the media has made it such a big deal. I mean yeah, it sucks that it happened, and I feel bad for the family's and what not. It's only 20 kids though. Their are over 10,000 kids dieing EVERYDAY in this world and the only ones that are important are the American ones with the news coverage? Fuck that.

I also find it really disgusting that Obama made his whole speech about what happened and acted like he was about to cry. Never mind the fact he's personally responsible for thousands of deaths of innocent men, women, and CHILDREN through authorizations of drone strikes and the like in the Middle East.
I don't think it's fair to say he acted like he was going to cry, I'm sure he was legitimately on the verge of tears.


I agree with SD in that world wide deaths aren't a relevant comparison. No matter how little this tragedy actually affects the average American's life, it is arguably far more significant than child death in Africa. But I also don't think domestic child deaths are all that relevant either, because most of them simply don't compare in numbers and perceived preventability.

So for all that, I can agree that it warrants a substantial amount of media attention. However, just because it warrants it doesn't mean it should get it. I think there is far too much of a focus on the killer, and am certain that shootings like these would be far less frequent if the media focused solely on the victims. If they gave absolutely no information about the killers there would be no unintentional glamourization of them. No photos, no names, no personal details; maybe even don't mention a shooter at all and simply imply it. There may only be one person who won't bother with a mass shooting if they won't become infamous, but even one is worth it.

Also, the media coverage focuses too much on death. Tragedies like this, sad as they are, should be used as a celebration of life and a reminder of why it is precious. A focus on death desensitizes people, focusing on life and remembering the victims re-enforces the importance of, and a respect for, life.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
kael03 (12-20-2012), Numinous (12-21-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 01:16 PM   #24
jekyl_hyde
Hunter-Nin
 
jekyl_hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,362
Thanks: 763
Thanked 1,248 Times in 521 Posts
jekyl_hyde is on a distinguished roadjekyl_hyde is on a distinguished road
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Also, the media coverage focuses too much on death. Tragedies like this, sad as they are, should be used as a celebration of life and a reminder of why it is precious. A focus on death desensitizes people, focusing on life and remembering the victims re-enforces the importance of, and a respect for, life.
I don't remember where, but I remember reading somewhere, where someone said that this type of coverage by the media... to the attackers... it in a sense exonerates them. It feeds that... sickness in them.

Moving on is the best course for everyone. I've experienced many setbacks in life (none on the level of losing my children), and I've learned the best course for my mental and emotional well-being was to move forward with my life. Dwelling on things only brings resentment, and in some cases, starts depression.

It's just a sad situation overall, especially now, knowing possible reasons as to why this incident occurred, and what was possibly on those computer hard drives (that info hasn't been released yet).
jekyl_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #25
xxMESTxx
EffYouSeeKay
 
xxMESTxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Mountains
Age: 22
Posts: 910
Thanks: 1,344
Thanked 606 Times in 300 Posts
xxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enoughxxMESTxx will become famous soon enough
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I don't think it's fair to say he acted like he was going to cry, I'm sure he was legitimately on the verge of tears.
Then that just adds to the hypocrisy of it all. I really don't think he was affected by this, to the degree he showed to the public. Why would he be? Like I said, he's personally responsible for authorizing multiple drone strikes in the middle east, killing thousands. I'm betting he doesn't cry himself to sleep at night.


Quote:
I agree with SD in that world wide deaths aren't a relevant comparison. No matter how little this tragedy actually affects the average American's life, it is arguably far more significant than child death in Africa. But I also don't think domestic child deaths are all that relevant either, because most of them simply don't compare in numbers and perceived preventability.
I disagree. World wide deaths should be considered relevant. We're all human and we all share this planet. Just because somebody was lucky enough to happen to be born on one side of the planet instead of the other, doesn't make them any more important at all. The bolded, to me, seems like a really twisted way of thinking. It seems the media happens to cater to that mind set though.

Quote:
So for all that, I can agree that it warrants a substantial amount of media attention. However, just because it warrants it doesn't mean it should get it. I think there is far too much of a focus on the killer, and am certain that shootings like these would be far less frequent if the media focused solely on the victims. If they gave absolutely no information about the killers there would be no unintentional glamourization of them. No photos, no names, no personal details; maybe even don't mention a shooter at all and simply imply it. There may only be one person who won't bother with a mass shooting if they won't become infamous, but even one is worth it.

Also, the media coverage focuses too much on death. Tragedies like this, sad as they are, should be used as a celebration of life and a reminder of why it is precious. A focus on death desensitizes people, focusing on life and remembering the victims re-enforces the importance of, and a respect for, life.
I do agree with this. Reminds me of this quote I read on facebook(maybe this is the same Jekyl?)

Quote:
"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why. It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single victim of Columbine? Disturbed people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody."
__________________


"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever." -M. K. Gandhi
xxMESTxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #26
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
Then that just adds to the hypocrisy of it all. I really don't think he was affected by this, to the degree he showed to the public. Why would he be? Like I said, he's personally responsible for authorizing multiple drone strikes in the middle east, killing thousands. I'm betting he doesn't cry himself to sleep at night.
It's easy to rationalize guilt away in the name of war and the "greater good." Only the worst of people enjoy war, and I'm sure Obama is not among them. He doesn't like war, he doesn't want to be responsible for so much death, but to him and many other Americans this is a matter of defending themselves from some perceived threat. I am not defending his actions, I'm merely pointing out that humanity has become quite adept at convincing themselves of what is right.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
I disagree. World wide deaths should be considered relevant. We're all human and we all share this planet. Just because somebody was lucky enough to happen to be born on one side of the planet instead of the other, doesn't make them any more important at all. The bolded, to me, seems like a really twisted way of thinking. It seems the media happens to cater to that mind set though.
I am not arguing objectively. Obviously death is death and no human life is (inherently) worth less than another. What I am saying is that there is a more immediate connection to domestic tragedies. It is absolutely true that a tragedy in your home country is going to have a much more profound effect on your own life than a similar tragedy in some distant land.


Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMESTxx View Post
I do agree with this. Reminds me of this quote I read on facebook(maybe this is the same Jekyl?)
Similar to Marylin Manson's response to Columbine. I gained a lot of respect for him the first time I read that.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
ask me anything (12-20-2012), Numinous (12-21-2012)
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #27
Darth-Nero
Victory!
 
Darth-Nero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Egypt
Age: 26
Posts: 175
Thanks: 2,614
Thanked 1,674 Times in 676 Posts
Darth-Nero is on a distinguished roadDarth-Nero is on a distinguished road
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACt View Post
What? You are still surprised that some people aren't utterly moved or necessarily concerned that a bunch of kids were shot and annoyed at how it interrupted what they thought was truly important rather than feign outrage or grief or sadness when it truly has no bearing or impact on their life and wellbeing? All Twitter has done is made that public.

Someone do a list of people who went around yelling at people to stop their lives because kids were shot because it highlights that when AMERICAN kids are shot, life must halt, but when kids around the world are shot, starved, enslaved and other unspeakable things, it's OK to get excited about Justin Bieber.

Yeah, it's awful news but it doesn't mean everyone has to suddenly go to the funeral. Stop acting so shocked.


Like i can't remember how many pennies i added to the jar, but for just that i'll add a Carte blanche.
Darth-Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #28
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
I don't remember where, but I remember reading somewhere, where someone said that this type of coverage by the media... to the attackers... it in a sense exonerates them. It feeds that... sickness in them.
That's only applicable to those who assault/murder as a way to feed their ego, which isn't something common to all of those who assault/murder in this kind of situations.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 09:31 AM   #29
Mal
Scotch
 
Mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,090
Thanks: 12,722
Thanked 10,818 Times in 3,844 Posts
Mal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of lightMal is a glorious beacon of light
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
That's only applicable to those who assault/murder as a way to feed their ego, which isn't something common to all of those who assault/murder in this kind of situations.
But as I mentioned earlier, even if just one tragedy like this can be prevented then reduced media coverage would be worth while.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mal For This Useful Post:
Numinous (12-21-2012)
Old 12-21-2012, 09:34 AM   #30
Numinous
Writing speed: snail
 
Numinous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 4,783
Thanks: 8,386
Thanked 11,563 Times in 3,932 Posts
Numinous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of lightNuminous is a glorious beacon of light
Re: School shooting in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
But as I mentioned earlier, even if just one tragedy like this can be prevented then reduced media coverage would be worth while.
Of course, I agree with you that the media should stop overwhelmingly cover the killer instead of the victim(s), I just pointed out that not all killers care for the media coverage.
__________________
My writings and ramblings:

Water of Ocean Darkest Chapters: 1 - 2
Weaver Chapters: 0 - 1 - 2 - 3







Numinous is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Numinous For This Useful Post:
Mal (12-22-2012)
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.